discrimination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ericadurancefan
it still amazes me in this day and age how racist people still are,i live in a white community and i am not racist but everyone around me is racist to everything that is not like them and it makes me sick to my stomach.

i even have to deal with it at work,so i think its time for everyone in the world to grow up and start accepting people for who they are and what they look like

BackFire
It's not going to happen, people will always judge others based on looks and visual differences.

ericadurancefan
yeah i know and i thinks its the biggest load of bs in the world,its hapenned to me because im not the greatest looking guy in the world but i am definetly one of the nicest and i hate the fact that i will be judged by looks

Lord_Andres
ericadurancefan, know what you mean! I see alot of it too, its really sad because nobody I know of even knows any black people, most have never even seen one in real life! can you belive that? very sad but true

Capt_Fantastic
I think it's funny how people use the term "in this day and age" as if that should denote progress on some sort of social level.

That's not a jab at you, but more an observation on my part.

ericadurancefan
society in my opinion is falling back,prime example after9-11 people began disccriminating against arab americans,like they had anything to do with it,todays society makes me sick

pr1983
racism will probably always exist, no matter what, i have been a victim of it, ive seen it happen to others...

i don't believe it will go away any time soon...

ericadurancefan
thats sad but true

Capt_Fantastic
Well, as some one who is speaking from experience, I can assure you that you might be disgusted with society in general, but it's something you'll have to deal with. You don't have to accept it, you can even try to change it...but you have to deal with it, or you'll go insane.

BackFire
If you hate society then do as I do and lock yourself away from it, become a hermit!

The Omega

shaber
Barbarian 'barbaros' simply meant non-greek speaker, ie someone who spoke gibberish, 'bar bar' or 'blah blah.'

Lord_Andres
Ya BF well if you really want to do that, you'l have to build a little house somewhare away from everything, and all, and don't you like live in Huntington Beach, and in collage and stuff? is that locking away from society?

BackFire
Yep, but I do a pretty good job of avoiding other people.

FeceMan
Honestly, I wish that I experienced racism so I could better judge the importance of the issue. Right now, due to my ignorance, I cannot gauge how 'bad' racism is. However, I recall that a German was lynched in front of hundreds of cheering onlookers during WWI. I think it was in the U.S.

Reckoning
It is hard to extinguish such deep-seeded roots and social problems when it is always portrayed in the media, in books you may have read in the past, in the schooling system, and even by government foreign policies. Such practices as 'do as I say, not as I do', does not hold well infront of public opinion, especially those who are victims of such heinous crimes. Examples can be written just of the top of the head: Native Americans and their treatment, African-Americans and the increasingly big margin between the rich and poor, not remembering that poverty breeds violence and criminals, how the US still stands on half of Mexican land; and so forth.

Even on the State of the Union address by Bush, stating that "African-Americans have shorter lives". He didn't even address the real question of why they have shorter lives; all he wanted to show was how much they would benefit off of his privatised Social Security plan; which incidently limits more benefits from the poor and working class, cutting Healthcare and limiting more hospital aid to homes and refuges.

So until such concerns are raised publically, and it is given a resounding voice for reparations for those who are oppressed, such inequality will only give birth to more inequality.

Julie
if people didn't have color of skin to differ between, they'd use hair style, money, number of cars, number of kids, something, anything....they want to be different, special, loved

racism isn't going away but it can be fought...and beaten on a small scale, one by one, as people say "this is not right"

Cosmic_Beings
No, it isn't falling back. Blacks were always considered inferior to whites, but now most people know and admit the truth. If someone discriminates against you for your race, you're too good for them. Move on and be with people that respect you.

Adam_PoE
Discrimination is not limited to racism. Last Friday, I went with a small group of straight friends to a predominently straight bar. My friend, Sarah, and I were accosted on the dance floor by a man because I happen to be gay. A bar fight ensued which resulted in the police being called and Sarah's boyfriend, Chris, having his ankle broken. To add insult to injury, we were asked to leave and the group that started the altercation was allowed to stay because by virtue of me being gay in a straight club, the incident was somehow my fault.

misha
rasist, sexist, homeaphobic.....it's all pathetic! roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
that is f*cked up dude...

Bardock42
Hey you can't call me ignorant just cause I hate blacks, asians, jews and homosexuals.

botankus
Just curious. What were you doing with a woman on a dance floor that would make someone think you were gay?

Bardock42
Yeah seriously, did you have a shirt with "Gay" written all over, you are even with a girl on the dancefloor.

None the less this is ****ed up, I ca't belive that people are still so prejudiced.

Especially it being your fault......right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Napalm
Gusse what? No one gives a crap stop whining about your misrable life if it really sucks that bad you should commit suicide

KharmaDog
Another "thought turd" layed by napalm. shit

Napalm
Besides I don't belive that story happend

finti
why dont you pick up on your own advice there mr goonie goo goo

Capt_Fantastic
Most likely it was because he was actually dancing. Adam can dance...no shit. Just because he can dance better than any of the other guys on the dance floor was likely enough to give the straight guy the impression that he was gay. On top of the fact that Sarah is a beautiful and vibrant girl that I'm sure often sends straight guys into unbridaled acts of overt heterosexuality

There are some situations where it can be obvious that a person is gay. A shirt doesn't have to say GAY to say gay. Because a guy can dress well and match his shirt to his shoes is often enough to send out gay vibes. Plus, like I said...Adam can dance.

Give it a rest man, there's no need for your overt hostility.

Capt_Fantastic
I can promise you it did.

Napalm
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Capt_Fantastic
You did know he was my boyfriend, didn't you?

And I assure you, the feeling is mutual.

Napalm
More like your sock

Capt_Fantastic
LOL...your ignorance is profound. Unlike yourself, I don't have to pretend there are people in the world who love me.

Napalm
One ISP check and your outa here

finti
you know that couples can share the same pc roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Napalm
Thats a load of crap Capt. Fantastics location said "North Carolia" and Adam attends A university in chicago. Damn, thats a long commute

finti
you figured that out all by yourself or did you need someone to tell youthat fact

Capt_Fantastic
Report it you ignorant turd. You'll find two totally different ISP addresses, posts made by both members at the same time, and totally different gramatical and syntax profiles. As well as different pictures of us in teh members pictures thread. We live in different cities and I've been registered here a lot longer than Adam. So, report if you like...you'll only be making an ass out of yourself. Which I assume you are used to by now.

If you think you're going to get revenge because I dupped you into getting yourself banned, go ahead. More the fool you.

Capt_Fantastic
Yes it is. But, that's why it's great that there are airplanes.

Napalm
Nah If I wanted revenge I just send you an email virus

Storm
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Capt_Fantastic
Go ahead. I have little faith that you have the abitility to do so. As it is, you can hardly string words into a coherent sentence.

Napalm
I wouldn't waste a worm on just one person

Storm
Back on topic please.

Capt_Fantastic
Then you illistrate your total lack of gumption by making a statement, or threat if you will, and then saying "no...I'm not really gonna do what I say...I don't have the balls"

This constant act where you think people are impressed by your shallow narrow minded ignorance is typical of someone who has some real inferiority issues. Do you have friends? Or were you that kid in the lunchroom that sits with his one friend that is also so disliked that you sit around talking about killing everyone and getting revenge because no one likes you?

Capt_Fantastic
It's hard to stay on topic when multiple pages into a discussion this guy comes into a thread and says that no one cares....after a dozen or more people have commented on the topic.

Napalm
Nah we just killed people for fun

Storm
(Ignoring him is the best solution. The amount of replies refute his statement.)

KharmaDog
Capt_Fantastic, my mom always told me never argue with an idiot, first you have to stoop to his level, and even if you win, all you become is the guy who beat the idiot in an argument.

Ignore the troll.

WindDancer
Okay guys let's not turn this thread into a hostile debate. Please avoid name calling and mantain this on topic. Everyone is entlited to their opinion no matter how much you disagree. If you feel like respoding is perfectly fine. But bashing won't be tolerated. For the sake of debate keep this on topic.

Napalm
I really don't see much racism where I live I gusse because Most of the population is actually minorities

Capt_Fantastic
General Discussion Forum

(Users Browsing this Forum: daronisgod, KharmaDog, dean7879, Adam_PoE, debbiejo, jaden101, Capt_Fantastic)

This should disuade "anyone" from thinking that Adam and I are the same person.

Capt_Fantastic
I know. My mother used to say the same thing. Sometimes the best advice is the hardest to take.

Napalm
If you open another window you can youse this site on the other one

Storm
(No you can' t! As soon as you use your so called duplicate account, the previous opened window will switch to the duplicate account. Stop your ridiculous accusations.)

Bardock42
Great, well this is all very interesting but could we go back to topic?

debbiejo
Here in Michigan we have all kinds of people, and from I've heard we have the largest Muslim population in the US. There are all kinds of ethnic people, which makes it great. They have brought their restaurants with them!!!Great food.

I judge people as individuals. You have to! I've had black friends, Mexican, gay, Jewish, just everybody. And I've also been harassed by black men quite a few times. I've been shunned by black women at work because they would rather hang out with other blacks and exclude me. I've also witnessed the Arab community and the Mexican community always getting into it. When I lived in Denver, CO, the Indians and the Mexicans where always getting into fights..

My grandmother was Italian and she didn't like other ethnic group, or at least many of them. I just hated that.

People are people on the inside...That's how I chose to see them.

Adam_PoE
The group that started the altercation knew I am gay because we attended the same high school.

880 miles. Love does not know distance.

ericadurancefan
i started this thread to discuss a topic that i think is important and we have users like napalm demonstrating what i am stressing is so wrong with todays society

FeceMan
Ahahahahah...you got him banned? How?

KharmaDog
Don't fret, Napalm derails many a thread.

That being said the world will never be free of discrimination. Once you get rid of jealousy, ignorance and insecurities you might have a shot, but until then, we have to learn how to deal with the morons of society.

ericadurancefan
the morons of society will always exist but they will never know the joy that comes from being open to everything and passing no judgement because that is the real way to live

Capt_Fantastic
No my friend...that is the way SOME choose to live. There is a difference

botankus
All threads that are created should be discussed from every viewpoint; it's just too bad Napalm's aren't very well thought out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.