For guys and gals; Has this ever been a concern for you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Ok. Let's say you're dating a girl and vice versa for the females, and she sees a friend of yours, and finds him highly attractive, perhaps more attractive than you. And says I want you to introduce you to him/her because she looks good/fine w/e. Should or do you feel threatened? I mean I know it depends on how serious the relationship is but what if you have just started dating and really like the person? I really need to stop coming to you guys with these dilemmas don't I?

BackFire
The solution is simple, beat the crap out of your friend so he's no longer physically desireable anymore, that should solve everything!

Capt_Fantastic
I would be offended if someone I was dating wanted to be introduced to a friend for that reason...especially if they actually said it out loud.

Tex
icecream

dean7879
yeah id keep a very close eye on her from now on

dean7879
i agree

David Duchovony
Will do. But I will sever ties if it comes to that because I refuse to play the jealous beau.

The Omega

dean7879
do u trust her?

David Duchovony
Yea I do.

dean7879
so wheres the problem

David Duchovony
C'mon dean, you know there is always that air of doubt and besides what if we break up and she runs to him? That would be awful for me. It would blow hard.

dean7879
say if u broke up with her....if she cares alot about u..i think she might think twice about going out with your friend

pr1983
i don't think any woman that could say that out loud to you would care about you that much...

f*ck her, she's not worth the hassle...

any woman that has the gall(sp?) to say something like that should seriously think before she speaks...

dean7879
she could of said it in a joking way though

pr1983
since when does a girl ask her boyfriend to introduce her to his friend because he's good looking? even in a joking way...

Alpha Centauri
The way I see it, some girls are way more insensitive than others in that they say things out loud that should never be said. Take it from someone who knows.

She might have meant he was good looking and then asked you to introduce with no corrolation. However, it's just a bit shit. I know how you feel. Don't go on the defensive, just watch how she acts around him and if she brings him up randomly in conversation or what not.

-AC

David Duchovony
Thanks Alpha, very good advice.

Red X
Dude, whats the problem? If this girl is the real deal, and if she loves you so much, she wouldnt do that to you. If she does, then you would know what kind of a ******* she is. You should only go for a girl who wont dump you, and start going out with your friend.

SaTsuJiN
You shouldnt even have to worry about some shit like that... if she wants to go hoe'in with your friend.. let her... she obviously will just be a gigantic pain in the ass if she decides to run off with your friend... ditch her (I know I wouldnt put up with nonsense like that)

misha
i dont think this has ever happened to me, but i must admit i have done it before embarrasment
what i would do, if someone did this to me, was (yeah id probably get a bit angry/offended etc) just let it go, introduce them etc, but keep an eye on them and make sure no flirting occured!
i mean just because someone finds another persn attractive, doesnt mean they like them erm

peterKSL
No man wins anything without a fight!!! (I don't mean beating each other up)

Fight!! and you shall win... hopefully...

Sometimes what we need is a vaccine, just so we can cure the virus. If there was no conflict between you and her, how can she cherish you more?

SaTsuJiN
You shouldnt have to fight for someones attention , thats usually a sign they're getting bored of you

If you mean having struggles in the relationship.. those are always going to be there

peterKSL
How can someone be bored of you?? It has to do with effort/personality... conscious or subconsciously...
Having another conflict is like strengthening the bond.. ( I don't mean in purpose)

SaTsuJiN
making attempts to keep things fresh is way different than having to struggle to keep the relationship together because they're lookin interested in your friend or whatever

Conflict does strengthen, but Im pretty sure you dont want the conflict involving having to tell someone that they shouldnt be looking elsewhere if they want to be with you.. thats just straight up common sense.. you cant have your cake and eat it too (at least thats how the saying goes... )

Capt_Fantastic
Everyone seems to be of the same mind here. If this chick actually said that she wanted you to introduce her to your friend because he was hot, then that was clearly not taking your feelings into consideration. If you have leapt to the conclusion that she has these feelings because she asked that you introduce her...maybe it was just that.

But, like I said, if she actually said this to you, then she wasn't being considerate of your feelings...or your happiness. I don't think that's how you should exist in a relationship.

smoker4
What a harlot, in my day she would have been burnt at the stake for uttering such things, if i where you i would make like michael jackson and beat it

Julie
I wouldn't know....depends how strong your relationship is to begin with

Napalm
I always do that

Alpha Centauri
Still with the girl Napalm?

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.