Batmobile history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Found this website. I'm sure probably some or many have seen it, but I thought I'd post and see:

http://www.batmobilehistory.com/index.html

Maybe it is an artist rendering or a black and white photo, but I have never noticed how cool the Batmobiles from shumacher's films really looked. Maybe it is because they were all lit up and shit. The dark Knight lurks in the shadows with his neon lit batmobile, yeah right.

the 1970's ones are the worst.

Hi, my name is Batman, I drive a 1977 corvette and you can buy one just like it.

Joker1237
I have read the comic, with the first Batmobil, somewere in the 40's

The car was not much, it was like a model T I guess, And it had no Bat stuff on it. But it was the Bat car for a while, before Wayne went into style.

OtterVomit
I always dislike when the Batmobile is some flashy thing with wings and crap on it. I think Batman would drive something with lots of gadgets and stuff on it, but on the outside looked like any other car.

I mean, don't you think people would be like "HOLY CRAP ITS BATMAN" and follow him around?

OB1-adobe
They probably couldn't catch up with him.

Joker1237
I like the car, it needs to be flashy.

Adam West kinda of said "Batman needs a cool looking car lol"

And so the Gods gave Batman a cool looking flashy Batcar.

Red Superfly
God, Batman has gone through some pretty awful looking Batmobiles.

I still think the Batman 89 movie version is the best Batmobile to date. It looks freakin gorgeous and suits Batman's style more than the others.

Batman needs to look formidable, untouchable, and cool. Most of those Batmobiles would make him look like a joke.

There were about two designs that seemed right. The Batmobile from Batman & Robin (*shudders*) had a better design than most of the crap on offer there.

Also - people have no right to bash Adam West's TV show now either, for being too "un-Batman". The only thing "Un-Batman" about the 60's TV show was that the Batmobile looked half decent.

Joker1237
the car look cool from the 60's.

I did not bash Adam West. I think him for starting the COOL looking Batcar.

Now the gods thing is something else.

Sileas
*turns on riddler/jim carrey voice*

now THAT'S an impressive website!

*cough*

ahem. cool! thanks. best set of pictures I've ever seen.

WindDancer
This is something that really confuses me. Who really gives maintenace (sp?) to the Batmobile? Is it Alfred or Batman? I would think that Batman modifies the design of the Batmobile and Alfred is the one who keeps in good shape. But I wonder....

Sileas
i think bruce is the head mechanic, but alfred helps out pretty significantly.

on a spooky note, there's a link to a site called chicksdigthecar.com, which is all about the car from forever, and from there i think in the miscellaneous section a link to a guy named Giger...spelling? anyway. he did the stuff from Alien, and Schumacher apparently asked him originally to design the car for the third movie. that sucker is spooky, to put it mildly. they give a couple of reasons as to why it wasn't used, but I think the real reason is because every man, woman, and child who went into the theater to see that movie would have run out screaming with one **** of a bug phobia. fear

SpyCspider
i think Harold (the mute) used to work on the batmobile along with other Bat machinery. Before he was killed of course in Hush.

OtterVomit
I always figured Lucious Fox did some of it.

dubefan
the best batmobile is tim burtons bat mobie, low profile, seek sexy no big wings absolutely awesome, this new one is an suv bought from the government

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.