PETA TV |Animal Abuse|

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hh?
not for the weak hearts.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=fur_farm

observe how they treat these animals.

the video didn't work to well for me, but i saw the graphic parts.

debbiejo
That is the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life!! Makes one sad to be part of the human race. sad

BackFire
Absolutely horrible.

However, Peta itself is a hypocritical bullshit organization that uses scare tactics and overly dramatic testimony to try and brainwash people into believing what they do. I don't take anything they say seriously.

They kill numerous animals everyday to "put them out of their misery". Yet they get all pissy when a pound kills an animal.

They're full of shit.

hh?
my chest feels cold sad

ill punch that ******* in the throat. no

Gryn Jabar
Screw PETA, they'r means do not justify the ends. ****ing tree huggers, animals are not the same as people, stop trying to impose your view on me.

shellie
i couldn't watch even a quarter of it before i had to stopcry anyone who is heartless enough to do that is a pathetic piece of shit and deserves the same done to them.

FeceMan
What does it show? (I am not good at seeing animal cruelty...and I expect that it is one of the 'worst case scenario' propaganda bits.)

Gryn Jabar
FeceMan, your right. PETA never shows the "nice, responsable, Shutzund doing dog owner", always the sadistic drunken master. These people make me retch.

Reckoning
I am an advocacy of Animal Rights; and personally I have seen images like these and have known them for many years, as I am a vegan and choose a lifestyle that doesn't oppress. While most are very outspoken about the actions of PETA, demeaning their portrayal of animals and their abusement, as a ploy and scare tactic, and rightfully so, as the best means for understanding is discussion and education; but PETA is also just using a tactic, and the methodology that has been successful via other corporations, government and lobbiers in times past. While those who must turn away at graphic images of animal slaughter, it is only confronting because it is not something you encounter every day; but the fact of the matter is this: animal deaths happen every day, and do so by the millions all across this world, for consumerism and capitalism. It doesn't end with meat, as the diary products and pharmaceutical industry is rife with further denial of animal sentience. To me, it is a grave concern that these corporations, (and that is who is in charge of these farming methods) acknowledge cows and other farm animals as 'collateral'. Just another commodity. It is only a matter of time before humans(yes, they are making strives to privatise human DNA) become another 'commodity' on the marketplace; all thanks to Darwinisn and capitalism. This is just the stepping stone.

And people must be shown the truth of how animals are being treated; just like the people must be shown the truth of how Iraqis are being treated, of how Afghani children are dying of malnutrition because of the limitations of food aid, of how Africans are dying thousands a day, of how all these people are dehumanised, just like animals are. For without the truth of such images of torture and destitution, the Vietnam War would never have seen a creation of such opposition towards it.

hh?
they COULD kill animals without the torture part. no expression

MC Mike
I'm speechless. That was horrid beyond belief, I stopped really fast. I agree with Backfire on this one...

FeceMan
So...what happened in the video?

hh?
basically the guy picks up a racoon type animal and just...(its too disturbing to say)

FeceMan
You would share it with us visually yet dare not speak it?

SaTsuJiN
I could never understand why they'd throw paint on someones fur coat.... isnt that like further desecrating the animal's nice fur? (which was the whole reason it died in the first place)... theres numerous things in the world like this... so regardless if one organization starts yapping, its gonna continue

Cosmic_Beings
They skin some animals alive for the fur, hit it because it moves, and then leave it to die without skin.

FeceMan
That is beyond horrific. Once again, I fear to ask, but what types of animals? (Please let them be below the verge of sentience, although that is debateable, but I don't care...)

Cosmic_Beings
I'm not sure what they are, but they look kind of racoons. They very clearly suffer, like a human would, except with no defense.

shaber
Does it involve swallowing broken glass?

FeceMan
Shit. I am tempted to watch the video, and not for voyeurism, either. But I would seriously be permanently traumatized...is there any sound?

Cosmic_Beings
Yeah, but you can turn off the sound, obviously. Just watch it to get a reality check. The first thing it shows is the animal in a cage, so you can put it on just to see what it looks like.

FeceMan
I do not think I am capable. Could you give an approximate geographic location of where this is happening based on the surroundings? I keep imagining a bunch of people on a savannah, but something tells me that that is incorrect.

SlipknoT
You're a ****ing *******.

Cosmic_Beings
It looks like it is taking place in a desert, it looks just like Iraq.

SlipknoT
I can heard the sounds but I cant see the movie. Im not sure if I want to.

SlipknoT
Thats Sick. I hope those people have their genitals mutilated with a cheese grater.

hh?
laughing racist

Afro Cheese
Who was that doing all that shit and why were they taping it, and how did PETA get a hold of it?

Cosmic_Beings
Isn't it obvious? Behind each fur coat, someone has to remove it from the animal. Those are the people that were doing it in this case, and someone was just taping them doing it and gave it to Peta.

It was acceptable hundreds of years ago, when winters here in America were cold and people died from the weather. But now, there is global warming, and winters don't do anything anymore, and the skins are just for fashion statements.

FeceMan
I'm faily certain that skinning animals alive was never acceptable.

Storm
I' m not even watching this.
The replies speak for themselves.

Gryn Jabar
That type of skinning doesn't make sense for a number of reasons:
A) What is the purpose in skinning a LIVE animal? It moves around, blood soaks into the fur, and produces a lower quality pelt.
B) The risk of the animal biting a worker is alot higher if the animal is alive.
C) Its alot more difficult to skin in terms of the moving and whatnot.
Once again, this was likely staged, and was probably a bunch of nutjob teens, not an actual coroporation.

FeceMan
True, and if it was staged by a bunch of teens, I would hope the suffer an excruciating death of which they are oh-so-deserving.

Tex
I'm not watching it either, I can imagine how horrible it must be. thumb down

As humans were are the dominant animal on this planet. We can and do rightfully use the resources nature has provided for us.

We are very intelligent and our technology has advanced to the point where there is absolutely no reason that any animal should suffer from our exploits.

Animals can be killed very humanely and cheaply. Either through lethal injection or gas poisoning.

In both cases the animal has a quick and painless death.

Peta may be a hypocritical organization but they have brought attention and action to many severe animal abuse cases.

Baylin
That was both heart breaking and sick and left me in tears.

I have no problems with animals being killed for clothing or food so long as it is necessary for survival!

What those people in that video were doing was sadistic toture and totally unnecessary and what shellie said was right those wan.kers fully deserve to have the same done to them!!

I hope Raz deletes this thread soon to stop others from watching it!

Arsenal
yes

Lydia_J
That film is horrible, how can anyone possibly do that to an animal. Its not as if it is hard to give it an injection rather than wacking it on the floor
down cry crybaby

s|m
couldn't watch itcrysick
That's one of the reasons why i hate people. mad

s|m
You mean skinning them alive or mopping the floor with them is "putting them out of their misery" mad ?
Don't tell me that video didn't mean sh*t to you.
Nobody deserves to die like that sad

Cosmic_Beings
Yeah, you're right. I meant killing them for furs, but doing it while they're alive of course was never acceptable.

I see you still have that quote in your signature.

Cosmic_Beings
The purpose was that they get a sick satisfaction from it.

FeceMan
You're not good. In general, people DO NOT SKIN ANIMALS ALIVE FOR THE FUR INDUSTRY. Now, I am going to go eat a hamburger, so ha.

Gryn Jabar
Yeah, no shit. That renders the whole purpose of the video as stupid and unnesessary.

BackFire
You completely just misunderstood what I said.

KharmaDog
This is propaganda from PETA, as horrible as this is, this about cruelty to animals from sadistic arseholes. Not common practices by the fur industy. The fur industry or trappers would never skin an animal alive. There is no benifit and it it is a pretty heinous activity.

I hold PETA in the lowest regards. They fabricate information and have it presented by people who at first glance sound official, but on further investigation are discovered to be nothing but mouthpieces and liars.

I especially love when I am told that "meat is murder" and am handed a pamphlet by a woman wearing leather shoes, a leather belt and carrying a leather purse.

debbiejo
This isn't the only things that happens. Check out what cows, chickens, pigs, foxes, dog, cats.etc.. all go through for us humans. Do a search yourself. Get educated on it. Farms factories are just as nasty...It's disgusting what people do to animals, but then why should anyone complain...We kill our own children..abortion.

People are just savage.. And I do my best to find out about where I get my food,. I don't even eat animals much anymore.

FeceMan
^ Really? Are they skinned alive and left to die? The only inhumane thing I've learned of is veal. Feel free to educate me, though.

And this is NOT going to turn into an abortion debate.

debbiejo
Animals in these farm factories are crowed so tight together never seeing sunlight that they get sick and have to be given large amounts of antibiotics and other meds. They are standing in their own feces which cause diseases. They are given hormones to increase their weight, so that now they can't stand, and cows utters are so large they can't stand. Pigs especially get so nervous with the over crowding that they begin to eat each other. Chickens are so crowed that there feet start growing to the wired cages (floor). Their beaks are trimmed and is very painful so they won't peck each other to death. The animals are not able to move around at all, so as to make them more tender.

The animals are NOT always dead when they start processing them. They wait in line for THEIR turn while watching and hearing what is happening. The animals are not treated with any compassion at all. they are thrown around and treated as objects. They are kept in 24 hour lighting, smelly cages their whole life. Yes and the baby cows, veal, are taken from their mothers after 1 or 2 days old. Tied up so they can't move to make them more tender, and made anemic so that their meat is more white. Not giving them the iron they need.

Right now people are boy cotting KFC because of the cruelty to their chickens.

When we buy meat of any kind we by hormone free, free range. They are treated much better. But we've really cut down on animal products.

The fur industry is the worst. They many times skin animals alive because they are in such a hurry to get as many done as possible.

The favorite way for foxes is to shove an electric prod up their back ends and at the same time shove one in their mouth to electrocute them. They like this process because at the same time it makes their fur fluffy.

PVS
so we should make them suffer as much as physically possible to prove that we are better?

ill admit PETA is full of shit and are in fact hindering animal rights as they make all animal lovers look like stupid a$$holes...but you would honestly say that this shit doesnt matter? is it too much to ask to at least kill the animal first?
is that being a "f***ing tree hugger"?

KharmaDog
Uhm, no. Why would you hurry getting the process done when by hurrying you make your product much less valuable? Where did you get this information?

Electrocution does not make fur fluffy. Genetics, diet, time of season and health of the animal makes for a high quality pelt. I don't not dispute that some companies are still using electrocution, but that is a process which has lost popularity (because it is so inhumane) and it was never done to achieve a "fluffy" effect. I once again question where you got this information.

I believe in the humane treatment of animals, however I totally hate PETA and all the sheep that bleat their misinformation. Basing any argument on any of their facts is just going to lead you to looking fairly uniformed.

I agree, animals are not the same as people, for the most part animals are much more likable and more enjoyable company than people. bunny

debbiejo
I do not belong to PETA. I read lots of books, and articles. I've seen videos. I don't know that much about PETA..

WindDancer
Sad indeed, but we are part of the human race so unfortunally we have deal with these scumbags.

finti
lets hunt some whales

Napalm
Hmm, Lets go hunting

Arsenal
Uhhh

WindDancer
Could be fake leather.

I don't approve of animal cruelty and I eat meat. Torturing an animal for pleasure is rather cruel. Killing an animal for food is a whole different thing.

finti

WindDancer
Now the running of the Bulls in Spain is justice for all animals. wink

finti
a juicy whale burger would do

KharmaDog
You do know that at the end of that many of the bulls are killed brutally in the ring don't you?

WindDancer
Yeah, I know that. But I was thinking more of the actual run from the start line to the stadium that made justice. Is their tradition so I won't criticize them.

debbiejo
This kind of stuff has been on programs such as Dateline, 20/20 etc.
that's where I first heard about it and decided to check it out myself.

Cows are hung by one huff while many alive (in the air). The look on their faces is shear horror

Also, you might not want to eat the non-Amish, free range kind of chicken. The FDA says that it can sit in a pool of water, which they call poop soup, to soak. The only problem is that the pool is full of intestines, fecal matter and allowed to soak it up for so many mins. It's allowed so that the chicken will soak up water gaining weight so they can sell it for more. I boiled one and the broth that was floating to the top was brown, the scum stuff . I tried it with an Amish chicken, which is put through another process and the floating stuff, was yellow, like it should be.

Capt_Fantastic
Okay, so I watched the video. Well, as much of it as I could. When the guy started skinning the raccoon while it was still alive, I closed the window. I'm not going to comment on PETA. That is not the point of the thread, I think.

These guys should be shot. Honestly, I could probally stomach seeing those things happening to people more than I could animals. I might be a hypocrit because I eat meat, and cows, pigs and chickens that are killed in slaughter houses are rarely treated any better. But, I believe that there are much more humane ways of dealing with the process.

The video was sick. The people participating in it are sick.

debbiejo
My point is that you can get your meat from other places besides farm factories, where some of these horrific things happen. In the alternative places, the animals are treated humanly.

PVS
so true...who can argue with that?

Napalm
The best thing to do is not to think about the animals when you sink your teeth into a hunk of certified angus beef.

FeceMan
And thus, there is but one solution: slow, painful torture that culminates in an execution-style murder with the line, "See you in hell, *****!"

Blue Dragon
Oh god!!! I know you said weak heart & I can't stand the site of hurt animals, I makes me cry! That first bit with the blood over the animal's face, I've stopped it!
I think it is wrong! It encourages people to inflict pain & might go onto people! That's only 1 reason though, I think it is unfair & cruel! I love animals & it's just damn right wrong! mad

Is there a fox hunting threads I can post on (exept from 2004, too late to post)?

chelsea17
PETA claims they are animal rights people and that they are against animal cruelty...THEY LIE! PETA is full of shit

ChickinMeat
man, just listening to what peeps are saying bout this vid is making me feel sick.

i dont think i can click the link, i would cry like a little girl for hours

KillTheLight
I couldnt watch it all..it was too sick..some people disgust me.

MC Mike
Originally posted by chelsea17
PETA claims they are animal rights people and that they are against animal cruelty...THEY LIE! PETA is full of shit

And?

What about the video? Agree with that?

Just because PETA is full of shit doesn't mean some of the stuff they bring up must be shunned.

-Funky Punk-
thats sad i couldent watch the whole thing i love animals to much

Blue Dragon
Is there a fox hunting thread? Can't find one

PVS
then make one

R0B
Originally posted by hh?
not for the weak hearts.

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=fur_farm

observe how they treat these animals.

the video didn't work to well for me, but i saw the graphic parts.

Wow that was f*cking sick. That b*tch needs to have his genitals soaked in acid. What a b*tch. If your going to kill an animal then you should just put it to sleep. Not beat the crap out of it like that b*tch did. What a dipshit

sexylexy32
I'm not gonna watch it, I will most certainly throw up, my mom is part of PETA but I dunno much about it so don't go off on me. I love animals so much and anyone who has the nerve to kill or abuse them otta be freakin killed too. sick

sexylexy32
I'm not gonna watch it, I will most certainly throw up, my mom is part of PETA but I dunno much about it so don't go off on me. I love animals so much and anyone who has the nerve to kill or abuse them otta be freakin killed too. sick sick

Swanky-Tuna
Guh, I can't stand PETA. Their anti-meat eatting videos make me want to run through the forest devouring every animal I find.

rubber dickie
i'm not too fond of PETA myself, but that was just fubar.

i think they do that instead of killing the animals first so that the fur won't have any bullet holes or stab marks. i'm not justifying what they're doing, it's just logical thinking.

if a human can stomach killing another human with far more barbaric torture than than, imagine what a human can do to an animal.

chelsea17
Originally posted by MC Mike

And?

What about the video? Agree with that?

Just because PETA is full of shit doesn't mean some of the stuff they bring up must be shunned.

I don't agree with the video. No, I'm not vegetarian and not vegan, but I know that I could be. PETA lies, they seriously lie a lot.

Reckoning
Originally posted by debbiejo
My point is that you can get your meat from other places besides farm factories, where some of these horrific things happen. In the alternative places, the animals are treated humanly.
Yeah, treating an animal humanely by slaughtering them to feed your needs is definitely a great alternative. Who serves as your commodity?

RZA
I didn't click on the link to see the video but judging from the descriptions of the people who saw it, I can say that I've already seen it before, the major difference in this case being that you had a choice in whether or not to see this video, the person who posted the link gave you a warning of what to expect. I ,on the other hand, didn't get that warning or that choice, in fact I was misled and this is precisely why people hate PETA so much. What happened to me is a classic example. It's not what they stand for or what they preach that people hate, it's the way they go about it and the tactics that they employ. Let me explain what happened in my case....

I was at the beach the other day and someone gave me a free JLO DVD. All they told me is that it was about JLO. It also said on the DVD that it was a behind the scenes look at fashion. Well, I'm not a fan of JLO so I was very tempted to say no or just toss it away afterwards. After I realized that I still had the DVD on me, I decided what the hell, I guess I'll just take a gander and see what it is, who knows there might be some good looking fashion models on there or something. Needless to say I was completely shocked and saddened by what I saw on that DVD, it was exactly the stuff you guys were describing.

While I can appreciate the message that these guys were trying to get out, I don't appreciate the way that they went about doing it. Upon further inspection I noticed that in very small letters it said the DVD was produced by PETA. If PETA would just stick to their message and what they stand for instead of misleading and lying to people I think they would have a much better shot of getting their message across.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.