Endor should be Napalmed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Who is with me on this one?

Watch the whole thing burn.

A couple of Y-Wings come in

Do it U.S Vietnam style
"thanks for helpin us out Ewoks, now we'll return the favor to prevent you little bastards from thinkin you owe us one!"

Gryn Jabar
I agree. Damn the alliance, LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

Sadako of Girth
Oh please god..... Let this happen..... pray

ArthasKnight
Only after dealing with the Gungans first.

Revan X
Burn It All! ugh i couldn't stand the little bastard's.

Bardock42
I agree put all gungans and all ewoks in a room and turn on the gas.

Sadako of Girth
Then ignite a match.....

ArthasKnight
"And they blow you up! BOOM!"

§pearhead
I read an interesting thing about Endor being doomed to disaster after the Death Star blew up on stardestroyer.net, let me see if I can find it...

Red Superfly
I never saw what the big uproar was with the Ewoks. Some people need to get over this.

Bardock42
Well I am just not a big fan, since they are well stupid, oh actually I kind of don't mind them in Star Wars what pisses me off is that stupid Movie they got, you know with the Sorceress and the Stupid kids, god I hated that one.

Red Superfly
Awww, I used to love Gummi Bears laughing

Bardock42
Gummi bears is decent, but this ewok movie called "The Ewok Adventure" Was just soooooo bad.

I will try to explain how bad this movie was.

Since we are in the SW Forum you probably know Episode I, and the ewok movie was pretty much like Episode one, without the Storyline and every role was either played by Jar-Jar or "That Stupid Anakin Kid"

Actually I'd rather have my eyes plugged out then ever watch that movie again.....and that is the reason why Endor deserves to be napalmed,.....or worse.

Napalm
Some one used my name!

Sadako of Girth
Opinions of course differ.
Each is to be respected.... It wouldn't be not for me to say who should get over something or not.

My main problems with the Ewok thing would be their placement at a time in the story where where there was an acceleration to a raptuous finish to an entire saga in volving principle characters involed from the beginning and then so much of that was damaged IMHO by tangenting off into sharing bed-time-stories with poorly costumed teddy bears...
Don't get me wrong Ewoks may have been ok from my perspective as an 8 yr old kid (And even then I thought they were more leveled at my then-5-year-old sister....) but now they shatter my suspense of disbelief.... Those Basta.... mad
(Now Now Sadako....Calmmmm....Yes....Calmmmmm wink )

So now 22 years on, every minute of ROTJ spent with them seems like an hour... I just hate the way they make the tension/seriousness fall away... and make me have to think "It's only a movie" where as the rest of the OT doesn't do that to me.

But naturally, I fully understand that to some this would seem silly or something and good luck to 'em, 'cause their opinions are a valid as any of mine.... smile

Hell, I do actually DO wish I could let my resentment of it go, but I cant. Still....

Red Superfly
Oh dude, don't feel like I was getting at you.

It was my opinion, that's all. It's my opinion that people should get over it.

Maybe it was a bit harsh.

Sadako of Girth
Ohhhhh no, its ok Red, I know your of good character from other posts
ive read...... You've always been cool in my book!
And sorry if I seemed defensive..... smile
I had to get on a big 'justification' one because while I feel the way I do
about the Ewok thing, I still feel a bit silly about it at times and wanted all and sundry to know why my resentment of The Ewoks is and still that I wish I could get over it and I in no way took offense.....
...At least I've progressed enough to laugh about them though...
I sure couldn't have done THAT a while back... laughing

Napalm
Ewoks are annoying little critters

§pearhead
I agree.

Does anyone else find it suspicious that a full volley of catapults doesn't scrape an AT-ST, but a pair of logs utterly destroys them?

Or that the stormies chasing ewoks decide that picking them up and throwing them is more effective than shooting them?

Horrible idea, Lucas. I'm sorry.

ArthasKnight
Or that an AT-ST has to explode when it hits the ground? Or the legs don't fall over when the head is destroyed?

§pearhead
Ah yea...then there's that one AT-ST pilot who sits there, aboard his AT-ST, for at least a full 15 seconds since the fighting started...where Leia promptly shoots him. How did an Empire this retarded ever become an Empire worth fearing?

Bardock42
They got a lot of them ? ...well maybe

King Burger
Well, I like the Ewoks.

Though even as a kid, I remember thinking that Lucas
made them a little too Teddy Bear-ish to fit into the
over-all feel/theme of the movie.

Interesting how the Empire, despite being so evil, never
really did anything so extreme as "napalming" them.

Maybe it wasn't so evil afterall?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.