Pulp fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmo Kramer
what was in the suit case at the end of pulp fiction.
Was it his soul or alot of money send your respond

Scoobless
i think you posted this in the wrong forum............ but i think it was a battery and a couple of light bulbs stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
Wrong forum, and it was gold.

Cosmo Kramer
who gives a shit if the wrong forum you nerds still responded

Scoobless
sure did......... it wasn't gold, gold's pretty heavy and you wouldn't want to be lugging it around all day......... besides, why would gangsters be dealing in gold when money is so much easier to get and use, i heard some theory that it was marsellus's soul and that there was a whole metaphysical theme running throughout the film, but in the end it really doesn't matter, it looks like he got it (whatever it was) then vince goes off and get's himself killed before the end scene with butch and his weird girlfriend riding off on zed's chopper

Cosmo Kramer
yeah i heard about the soul too

Cosmo Kramer
but who would want a soul

Cosmo Kramer
who would want a soul

Scoobless
i think it was supposed to be HIS soul and that vince and jules were angels collecting and returning it to him .................. it's not my theory but it is kinda interesting

Cosmo Kramer
thats awesome

Cosmo Kramer
but why would they want it

Ironman
ok this is spam and yall could posisible get a 24 hour ban plus i like the soul theory but its gold the gleem and all its gold. Plus the didnt lug it around the only lugged it for about 5 hours and good job you called is a chopper

ScarletSpider
It's not spam so much, as just posting in the wrong forum. There's a difference when the person messes up and posts something in the wrong forum, and when the person is an annoying role player who's a super *****.

Paola
what is Pulp Fiction doing in a comic vs forum?!?!?

moving....

eggmayo
It couldnt have been gold in the case, Vincent Vega picks it up and swings it round with ease when they collect it from the three guys...
There was a rumour saying it was an Elvis suit or Marsellus's soul, there posted somewhere on this forum.

Myth
Neither gold nor a soul makes sense:

Gold doesn't make sense because of weight. Vincent throws it on the counter like it is nothing.

A soul doesn't make sense because Tim Roth says, "Is that what I think it is?" Nobody would say that if they saw a soul.

DirectorFitz
Maybe it's the Holy Grail.........i dunno

T.M
isnt it better not knowing..

periera
Originally posted by Myth
Neither gold nor a soul makes sense:

Gold doesn't make sense because of weight. Vincent throws it on the counter like it is nothing.

A soul doesn't make sense because Tim Roth says, "Is that what I think it is?" Nobody would say that if they saw a soul.

They would have said that if it was rumoured that there was a suitcase containing his soul that they were supposed to be looking for. The soul theory is the one that I've always heard.

Myth
I doubt everybody in LA would know about a soul being passed around in a brief case.

IceWithin
I think it was something like I dunno an acient antique.. I dunno...

killa kiaba
Speculation abounds as to the nature of the mysterious glowing contents of the case:

Could it be Elvis's gold suit, seen worn by Val Kilmer (as Elvis) in True Romance (1993)?

The most persistent theory (most usually attributed to a friend of a friend who saw it posted on a message board by someone whose brother had read a report of a radio interview with Tarantino himself) is that it is Marcellus Wallace's soul. The story goes that when the Devil takes a person's soul, it is removed through the back of the head (this isn't part of any known religion, but this is what the message board posters say). When we see the back of Marcellus's head he has a Band-Aid covering the precise spot indicated by tradition for soul removal. Perhaps Marcellus sold his soul to the devil which would also explain why the combination to open the briefcase is 666.

Or could it be simply a 20-watt light bulb?

According to Roger Avary, who co-wrote the script with Quentin Tarantino, the original plan was to have the briefcase contain diamonds. This seemed neither exciting nor original, so Avary and Tarantino decided to have the briefcase's contents never appear on screen; this way each filmgoer could mentally "fill in the blank" with whatever struck his or her imagination as best fitting the description "so beautiful". The orange light bulb (projecting shimmering light onto the actors' faces) was a last-minute decision and added a completely unintended fantastic element.

In a radio interview with Howard Stern in late 2003, Quentin Tarantino was asked by a caller the contents of the briefcase, and he answered, "It's whatever the viewer wants it to be

basicly its whatever u want it to be

muslimleader89
I bet it's a luggage suitcase

Cinemaddiction
Just to let everyone know, I bought "Pulp Fiction" this afternoon. So, I now own that AND "Kill Bill. Vol 1". I want to reiterate, I still don't necessarily like QT as a person on the whole, lol.

These are just some dramatic developments that I had to share.

Myth
CA- I am ashamed of you. You have that giant movie collection of your and you don't own all of the QT films and you just now got Pulp Fiction? For shame. no

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, well I bought "Reservoir Dogs" this afternoon. I guess I'm really losing it..

eggmayo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Yeah, well I bought "Reservoir Dogs" this afternoon. I guess I'm really losing it..
Let yourself go and absorb the films.

sonoftheboss

Cuban Joe
^that's a pretty good theory. never heard of that one before.

could go either way i reckon.

eggmayo
But how would Ringo know what immortality was?

someguy804
i believed the soul in the briefcase stuff until just now when i was watching 'The Bonnie Situation'. the guys in the apartment are supposedly working for the devil to trade back Marcellus soul, but 'The Fourth Man' (a.k.a. Seinfeld) says "o god, i don't want to die, pleas god" moments before he attempts to shoot Vince and Jules. if the guys in the apartment are working for the devil, then why would he be praying to god?

it dose support the immortality theory though

GreenFist
isn't there already a thread for this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.