Best individual scene from an actress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

botankus
Alright, some of these threads are getting a bit worn, so I thought I'd throw one out for you.

What, in your opinion, is the best INDIVIDUAL scene from an actress?

Alot of scenes come to mind, like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction when she tells Michael Douglas that she's pregnant. Also, Mira Sorvino in Summer of Sam on the way back from the orgy. And another one, Drew Barrymore in the opening scene of Scream.

Just kidding on that last one, folks.

My personal favorite is Jodie Foster in The Accused when she confronts Kelly McGillis at her home when she's trying to host a dinner party. That scene showcases probably the most 100.0% realistic and believable performance in cinema history. In case you didn't know, Foster won Best Actress for that role in 1988.

Let me hear your scenes, and if Eliza Dushku is in any one of them, your post will explode.

alic88
the sex scene of angelina jolie in ORIGINAL SIN.. just kidding

Sarah connor's(linda hamilton) scene in TERMINATOR 2 when she shoots the t1000 and she is short of the last bullet that could have sent t1000 into the molten lava. that scene was damn awesome

Cinemaddiction
Oooh, boy. Never really think of scenes such as this.

1) Ingrid Bergman in "Casablanca" when she can't bring herself to shoot Humphrey Bogart. Standing there, gun trembling, crying. Solid, solid drama.

2) Angelina Jolie's breakdown in "Girl, Interrupted" during the girls breakout.

3) Natalie Portman in "Garden State", when she encourages Zach Braff to make his own moment in her bedroom. Her character was just really special, and the whole scene was just indie gold.

4) Angela Lansbury in "The Manchurian Candidate" (1962). Pick a scene, man. She was the epitome of evil in the entire movie.

5) Linda Hamilton in "T2", cocking a shotgun with one arm. That was just straight up bad-ass, and provided some of best "girl power" moments ever on screen.

botankus
Good one on #1, Cory.

I thought of a few others.

When Talia Shire finally "breaks out" of her mold in Rocky.
When Whoopi Goldberg discovers the unsent letters in The Color Purple.
Shirley Maclaine in Terms of Endearment when she's taken out to dinner by Jack Nicholson.

Cinemaddiction
So much so, it was re-created in "The Naked Gun". Hey, what the hell.

6) Priscilla Presley in "The Naked Gun" when she's under the hypnosis of one Ricardo Montelban during the "Must..Kill..Frank..Drebin" scene in the walkway of Anaheim Stadium, when she can't bring herself to shoot Leslie Nielsen. Standing there, gun trembling, crying. Solid, solid drama.

botankus
LOL at that above this post.

As far as goofball comedies go, For Liar, Liar, I'd put Maura Tierney on that short list for when she's getting Jim Carrey's car out of the lot on the list.

On a personal side note, I think her hair in Liar, Liar is the best I've ever seen, but let's not retract from the thread subject.

Another one: Cher in Mask when she's confronted by Sam Elliott for the last time about her pill habit.

MildPossession
Great scenes.

I love the part in Terminator 2 where Sarah Connor goes to kill Miles Dyson(think that is the guys name) and she is just about to kill him she realises she can't go through with it. Emotion on her face is fantastic.

alic88
^ yes she's a legendary female character,sarah connor

Stealth Agent
sucks, aucks and sucks they all sucks best scene ever was byactress Paris Hilton in inside Paris
and dont give me that B.S. she isnt an actor ive seen simple life

botankus
Sissy Spacek in two or three scenes in Carrie, definately. Especially when she's explaining to her mother that she's a "woman."

Napalm
Most of them are R rated

Stokely
Uma in Kill Bill when she wakes up from the coma to find her baby gone.

jaden101
naomi watts in "21 grams"...brilliant in the entire film

susan saradon in dead man walking...the scene just before senn penn is taken to be excecuted

meryl streep in sophie's choice...when the nazi soldier forces her to choose which one of her young children is to be taken away and killed and which one she gets to keep...one of the strongest scenes ever in film history...magnificent

Dr. Strangelove
The blowup between Diane Keaton and Al Pacino in Godfather II. Both were superb in one of the more intense moments I've seen watching a movie.

PIZZA WARRIOR
I see from some of the comments here that there are some of you who respect good vintage cinema, so once I give this some more thought, I will be back.

However, I should begin by mentioning the last movie I saw in a theatre, and the best performace in it by an actress.

The movie was "Sideways", and while her performance could have been more substantial, Virginia Madsen's monologue about 'wine and life' was good enough for an Oscar nomination.

Stokely
Rena Owen in "Once Were Warriors" - the entire film.

Myth
Individual scene? Don't know but I like most of the scenes with Diane Keaton in Scarface and Charlize Theron in Monster.

tabby999
Kathy Bates in Misery, shes bloody amazing, showing someone slip from emotional extreme to another seamlessly, awsome acting through the whole movie.

Jackie Malfoy
I think the movie "One flew over the cookoo nest" with the nurse saying about changing the schule that part rocks.JM

bakerboy
Diane keaton wasnt on scarface.

I will put some of them: almost all the scenes with bette davies in all about eve.
Katherine herburn in almost all her movies.
Ingrid bergman in casablanca
Vivien leigh in gone with the wind and an streecard named desiree
and lot more.

ragesRemorse
Sharon stone during the interrogation sequence in basic instinct is by far the best scene from an actress.I dont think anyone can argue with this. smile

Andrew McLeod
Something Castle Hughes lol, can't remember her name from Whale Rider. That scene where she was on stage at her recital saying her speech in tears. That was powerful. She should've won the oscar over Charlize Theron, she did a lot better. Theron only won because she made herself ugly like Nicole Kidman the year before.

Also, the Natalie Portman stripping scene in Closer. She was amazing in that scene. Highest point in her career so far, IMO.

Myth
Originally posted by bakerboy
Diane keaton wasnt on scarface.

Thats right, I meant Michelle Pfeifer(sp?). Somebody said Diane and I guess my mind didn't challenge it enough. Also, I agree with Kathy Bates in Misery. Hmmm... I'm going to check for Misery on ebay now.

Andrew McLeod
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod
Something Castle Hughes lol, can't remember her name from Whale Rider. That scene where she was on stage at her recital saying her speech in tears. That was powerful. She should've won the oscar over Charlize Theron, she did a lot better. Theron only won because she made herself ugly like Nicole Kidman the year before.

Also, the Natalie Portman stripping scene in Closer. She was amazing in that scene. Highest point in her career so far, IMO.

Keisha Castle Hughes. That's her name.

Stokely
Keisha was very convincing in that part but I don't think she did anything that any other kid couldn't have done - it was the story itself that brought out the emotion.

Oh, she's a little ***** in real life too.

tabby999
Originally posted by Andrew McLeod

i'll have to dissagree with that, she was best in Leon The Professional. her best acting, not to mention some of both Gary Oldman and Jean Renos best acting too

Matt_t_hat
Originally posted by Stokely
Uma in Kill Bill when she wakes up from the coma to find her baby gone. Personally her performance was far better in the first half of the second one. The training scenes were something else...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.