Dark Side Versus Light Side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Janus
Simple enough. Which is stronger?

Darth_Nefarus
Okay, well this has been debated forever. However, Lucas has stated the darkside is stronger, on account of the Sith presence, which imbalances the force. Thefore, until Sidious and Vader are destroyed, the darkside has more power. After though, the lightside eventually will gain more.

Darth_Nefarus
So in the end, I say lightside.

chilled monkey
Normally, both sides are equal. Ever seen a yin-yang symbol. Light and Dark balance, that is the natural order of the universe. Everything balances.

I'm willing to accept that the Dark side temporarily became stronger, but that was an unnatural state and couldn't last. Inevitably, balance would be restored.

I would say though that Light holds the real nature of the Force, as it nurtures life. The Dark side only destroys. Those who follow it eventually self-destruct.

Ushgarak
Lucas' point has always been that the Dark Side is seductively stronger in that it appears to allow you to do more- but it is parasitic, and feeds upon itself, and it will destroy you. Only the Light Side is symbiotic, it works with things, to create Balance.

It's a moral tale about good guys so the goodness is inevitably of more ultimate value.

chilled monkey
My point exactly. The Dark side seems stronger, but it isn't.

jedimaster2000
I'm with chilled monkey and Ushgarak. As Yoda said, the Dark Side is only a quicker and easier path which will eventually destroy you. The Light Side actually tests your emotional control because once you lose it, you're on the dark path.

ArthasKnight
Dark side. At least in KOTOR it's a lot more fun than the light side. And the dark characters are cooler, so I go with the dark side on this.

SnakeEyes
Light Side

Julie
light

Darth_Nefarus
WOOO Lightside.

Darth_Janus
I'm surprised. I expected a lot more support for the dark side. But I'm pleasantly surprised. Go light side! ...Wow... that sounds weak.

Julie
light is better....unifying force and all that

Darth_Janus
I wholeheartedly agree. I love the idealism behind the Jedi Order. It's an extremely sensible philosophy.

Darth_Nefarus
Exactly, it works with you, and you can become a Jedi Knight Light after you perish

eleveninches
The force is the force. Neither side is stronger. How you use it determines whether it is the light side or the dark side

Darth_Nefarus
no, it's been proven that the darkside gives you more power, at the cost of your physical body and soul however...
but, who needs those

Julie
stronger or better......which would you prefer

Darth_Nefarus
stronger, dark. better, light. I mean, I want to be a JEdi Knight Light when I die.

Darth_Janus
Depends on your definition of strength, I suppose. Perhaps lasting benefits might put it into a more positive and clearer light. No hints or pun intended.

Darth_Nefarus
yeah, but if you just wanna flip out and kill things like a ninja, darkiside it is

Julie
Light side you can heal yourself....very very handi for jedi

Darth_Janus
The Light Side has one amazing advantage...

No one ever senses a disturbance in the Forcewhen you're just being good.

chilled monkey
The Dark gives quick, unfettered access to power, allowing you to get stronger quicker. But the actual power source is no stronger than than Light.

CountQuan
I dont get this thread. Didn't Darth Vader kill Palpatine? So isnt the Light Side stronger? This is a simple thread.

Darth_Janus
I was refering in general. Try and not take the movie too seriously for a second and consider based on what you can infer which side of the Force is the stronger or better in your opinion. Anakin, Vader, Palpatine, santa clause and all that crap don't have any bearing or point to this thread.

ArthasKnight
Dark side techniques are notoriously stronger than Light side: Force lightning, Force crush, Force choke...all are just made of raw power so I'd say the Dark side is stronger.

Julie
the light side is harder to master

Mace Skywalker
hmmm, the side that teaches you control, or the one that ultimately destroys you... I pick the light side.

ArthasKnight
Yes, but that doesn't make it stronger. You take time to Master it so you get better control and you have an easier time using what powers you want, but that doesn't make the light side stronger. In terms of strength and the ability to show your power, the dark side is a better choice. If you wanna show your wisdom and understanding of the Force, then pick the light side. Each has its perks, it just depends on what you go for. Since the question was asked in terms of which was stronger, I think the dark side is a better answer.

Julie
You would:-)
Revan obsession and all

ArthasKnight
What can I say? I like the bad guys.

Julie
you scare me:-)......dark side powers are cool though so I really can't blame ya for likeing the dark side of the force.

lightning is wonderful for hairdos too

ArthasKnight
Yeah, I could totally see this:

Sidious: And how would you like your hair done today?
Customer: Well, I've always wanted it spiked...
Sidious: *ZAP*

Julie
something like that....but it could just as easily go
sidious: And how would you like your hair done today?
customer: WEll, I've always wanted it spiked...
sidious: *ZAP*
customer: ............
sidious: oops

Sith_lord_Exar
The light side is all about def,the dark side is about atk
and
Vader beats obi
and mace get killed so....

Darth_Nefarus
Well, Lucas and McCallum have both said the darkside is indeed stronger, due to the imbalance. So Yoda was right all along, the lightside is more powerful due to it's ability to last and as many of the posts here have mentioned, it is a symbiote with ones self.

Darth Baroz
The dark side is stronger . In the Return of the Jedi The Emperor and Vader aren't technically killed by the Light Side anyway so HAH

Darth_Nefarus
A Jedi gains power through understanding, a Sith gains understanding through power.

Sith have more power, but it's unnatural and therefore conquerable due to their shortcomings; such as rage, fear etc..

Kun-ni Habeo
light is stronger
only the ones who fear give in to the dark
an they are ****88g puss**s!!!

DOYLEZOMBIE
I say the light side is the strongest!

Sesse
No... No no.

But it's most seductive.

Count Makashi
Its canonically stated that the Dark Side makes you more powerful.

Janus Marius
Wow, who resurrected this old fossil?

Longinus
Light, the Light has always prevailed over the dark. I believe the Light produces better combatants, Mace, Yoda, Anakin (for a time), Obi-Wan, Luminara, Hoth, Ulic, Exar and Revan (for a time) and Nomi. Anakin Solo, Kol, Ben and Cade all seemed to have crazy potential, well Cade, Anakin (both) and Ben. I'd go light, their slow and steady pace seems to win the race. The Sith usually kill themselves off anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.