a musical dilemma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
ive been asked to go and see a band that i dont particularly like..(.they shall remain nameless seeing as ive noticed that they have a big fan following on this board)...with a girl i DO particularly like

what am i to do in this situation

opinions please

and please feel free to move this to the off topics thread if its deemed not fit for the music thread

HeartBroken
You go and see them, if she isn't worth a sucky concert then you don't really like her and this question is moot.

hh?
option 1:
http://www.ares.cz/hobby/marui/picture/p228.jpg

jaden101
says the obviously jilted "heartbroken"...just kidding mate...

i suppose your right

last time i had this happen was going to see rage against the machine and i got "lucky" on the train home...with someone watching...

rockchickgem
well if id paid for a ticket then id just tag along but i dunno about if i hadnt paid confused

StinkFist462
depends on whos buying the tix

Darth Revan
I want to see RATM in concert... sad

hayden's minx
Well i went to see a shite band with a guy I liked, just for the guy ... although I wouldn't let on, and it wasn't a waste of an evening!

Deathblow
What band?

Blind-Enemy
it's just a concert ... go and pretend you like them and hopefuly you'll get lucky !!

jaden101
i still dont think i should say the band...its a small venue and a big band...saying that i dont like them (because i dont particularly) will only get me lynched and may taint the advice im given

OH **** IT

it nine inch nails...happy now

blind-enemy...top advice...i like your thinking evil face

GABRIEL05
HA HA! You were afraid to say NIN?!? Dude I could understand if it was a good band but NIN!??! Screw this! Don't compromise your musical taste for some breezy. And don't worry about what the people on this board think. Half of them have mediocre taste in music anyways

Darth Revan
What he's afraid of is (understandably) getting lynched by the legions of NIN fans that roam the net... Whether or not you think NIN is a good band is another matter entirely, but you don't have to be a genius to realize that he does have a point.

Anyways, I like NIN, but I say go for it... Even if you don't like the music.

Deathblow
Yeah, they are really really good live too, and I know from experience that you don't always have to like the band to enjoy the performance. You might be suprised.

Libertine
I didnt particularly like the Darkness when i went to see them, but i went cos my mates were going so i thought what the hell, and although i only knew half of the songs they played i still had a total laugh, it was great. They performed really well (Although im still not a great fan), and i got to spend time with my mates i havent hardly seen since i started college, it was really fun. Just go and have a laugh.

ChickinMeat
That is so unbelievably true, so many concerts ive been to with bands i dont like, but the performances were really good and enjoyable

jaden101
well...ive got a ticket...they sold out in 5 minutes...if im not going i can at least make a profit from some mug who will pay way over the odds for a ticket.... evil face

Df02
ive been to shows with mates to see bands i dont like...its more than just a gig, its a night out with a girl u like.
i dont see the problem, if u like her and wanna spend time with her, go.

however, if u really dont like NiN that much, dont go...lol confused

Victor Von Doom
How dare you. Who do you like?

PS we share a birthday.

GABRIEL05
Sweet! People born on our day are noble, very physically resilient but prone to not believe in themselves...

I listen to mainly jazz but I'm getting into classical and music from various parts of the world.

Konjammenson
Even when you go and see a band you do like you are likely to have to sit through some crap opening band you never heard of. Just picture it as being one of those types of situations, except you sit through the crap band last wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.