" City On The Moon"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

room #99
Opeth. What an amazing Band. right one of my fav bands if not my fav.
and one of the best bands out now. Combineing Soft and brutal / dark and light. i cant even describe how good they are.

im sure there a few fans here.

My Fav album is Damnation. YEs its damnation not blackwatre park or delverance my fav album is thier softest album because it has something different to it its not just an Opeth acoustic style album. it has a different direction and a different feel to it i just love it.

my fav opeth song gotta be "A Fair judgment" an outstanind 10 minute song.

so any fans ? fav album fav song ? your views on thier latest album Damnation and what do you want to hear on thier new album which the ywill start recording next month.

room #99
my spelling sucks lol..well english aint my first languge roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deathblow
Your spelling's fine stick out tongue

They are, in my very humble opinion, the single greatest band ever to grace this planet. Like you said, the way they combine crushing, brutal death metal with delicate, beautiful acoustic rock never fails to blow my mind. Each and every one of their songs is like a journey, you get completely lost in their music and you just have to let it pick you up and take you wherever it wants to go. I agree, they are beyond description, they just make everything else sound small and insignificant, even Tool sound weak if I listen to them right after Opeth.

Favorite album has always been Orchid, their first, closely followed by Still Life.

Favorite songs are Face Of Melinda, the most gorgeous acoustic song I've ever heard, and Black Rose Immortal, which is 20 minutes of pure perfection. It's like a entire album in one song.

Damnation was great, I can't really rate it because all of their albums apart from Orchid, Still Life and possibly My Arms Your Hearse are equal in my view. They stand along with Deftones as the only bands that have never made an album or even a single track that I don't love.

They are gods.

Norma Jean
They're ok.

room #99
Its like you took the shatterd words on my head and put them togther to explain how great opeth are!!

Face of melinda is one of the best songs i have ever heard the singing just shows how mikaeal is a fantastic vocalist! and ofcours an amazing growler. i cant even believe his gorwls are natural! not like some of todays death metal bands using effects and shit.

Alpha Centauri
Quite a tremendous band.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.