Guess what....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
I overheard these radio personalities called Bob and Tom. They are really funny shock radio guys over here in the US. But they were talking about movies and they said that they may be some of the guys lining up to see Spider-Man thne they said that the Spider-Man movie trailer is 10x better than the Star Wars: AOTC trailer. Then they went on to say that there are 6 people lining up at the Chinese Theater in LA to see AOTC. Then one of the guys, Bob I think, said "I bet one of those guys are dressed up like PRINCESS Amidala."

Then the other guys in the studio started to laugh. You think he said Princess Amidala on purpose to make SW fans mad???

C2-B1
They're probably just ignorant.

LanceWindu
They sounded really stupid not knowing what they said.

yerssot
probably are stupid, rest assure I'm sure a few fans already pointed it all out to them

LanceWindu
Well it happened at 5:30 this morning wear I am.

C2-B1
Anyone who doesn't appreciate Star Wars knows nothing about good movies.

LanceWindu
They probably think that Star Wars is for geeks.

I happen to know a lot of people, not geeks, that are fans of Star Wars.

ToMacco
To hell with those dipshits. rolling on floor laughing

LanceWindu
They lost another listener today.

yerssot
it is

LanceWindu
No it's not. I know some people that aren't geeks but like star Wars, like my dad, my friend, my mom even.

yerssot
ask Ush big grin

LanceWindu
Ask him what?

yerssot
if SW fans are geeks

Ushgarak
No, that's not what I said. What I said was that if you think all Star Trek fans are geeks, that only works if you think all Star Wars fans are geeks as well. Because there are lots of perfectly normal non-geek people who like Trek as well.

yerssot
Thank you big grin

Ushgarak
I was trying to prove a point, yerss, which you would have noted if you had diverted any of your brains towards it.

yerssot
well, THAT was a mistake of you! thinking I have any brains!

ToMacco
Star Wars is interesting. Star Trek smokes the meat pole.

LanceWindu
I hate the older Star Trek

ToMacco
You should hate the new ones too.

LanceWindu
The only newer ones I like are the Voyager ones.

yerssot
Let's just hate Star Trek all together

C2-B1
Star Trek is the worst science fiction show on TV.

LanceWindu
I second that!

Ushgarak
Well, that's all just opinion. I happen to love Trek. But it is the height of arrogance to say all Trek fans are nerds whilst Star Wars fans don't have to be. It's also complete blindness.

LanceWindu
Star Trek is too technical.

Star Wars is more fantasy and fun and mythological

Ushgarak
Ok, but a Trek fan might say

Star Wars is a jumped-up kids film

Star Trek is about imagining a better future.

I PREFER Wars, for many reasons. But that's all rather irrelevant; it's the weird idea that Wars has a nerd immunity that Trek does not that gets me.

LanceWindu
*Scratches head*

Huh?

Ushgarak
The idea that liking Trek means you are DEFINITELY a nerd, but likign Wars only means that MAYBE you are a nerd.

It's maybe for both. It's rather sad, of course, because fans of both camps make the same accusations against each other. I could go to a Trek board right now and see a dozen people explaining why all Wars fans are DEFINITELY nerds, but not Trek fans...

Julie
ok.....I'm not that big of a Star Trek fan, but they're good once in awhile late at night when I'm bored....Star Wars on the other hand is awesome....really though this isn't religion we're discussing....both serve their purposes in that they make people happy smile

ToMacco
I think worrying about it makes one a nerd.

yerssot
what made you then?

finti
This is a SW forum Star Trek is not to be mentioned here, talk about blasphemy

ToMacco
Ah, can it, finti stick out tongue

yerssot
perhaps opening a new thread in the GDF about how great ST is?

DarthKris
well, star trek was good once...
but now... and the fans are bad...
most of them...
trust me, I'm an expert! big grin

LanceWindu
Trek is good...only if you are able to understand what the heck they say in all of that technical talk.

ST: Voyager was good because they didn't have to follow protocol all the time because the was no Federation in the Delta quadrant. They seemed to have more fun too.

ToMacco
Star Trek can lick my sweaty nut sack. embarrasment

LanceWindu
They can kiss me where it smells funny!

DarthKris
well, voyager was nice indeedy, but ask those trek fans bout it.
they say it's the worst series ever.
I don't agree, but I don't like to be cheated by some stupid st fans.

yerssot
that would be ...hmmm... every place

LanceWindu
No I think that you're thinking about yourself yerss.

I take baths everyday.

Ushgarak
This thread has done all the good it will ever do. Closing.

ToMacco
You forgot to close it Ush, my friend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.