Most monumental comeback?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
If any band could get back together (alive or dead), which would be YOUR most monumental return and which return do you think would generate the most hype?

-AC

Df02
WillHaven sad

and most hype....Pantera or sumthing like Zepellin

Deathblow
Dammit Df, now I have to think of someone else sneaky2

I'd like RATM to reform. There's a huge gaping hole in my ticket stub box waiting to be filled by the band I never saw. Oh yeah and Joy Division too.

Hype-wise, it would obviously be The Beatles or Zeppelin.

Alpha Centauri
Rage would be the hypest among certain people, just based on today's current climate.

I agree with The Beatles for rep though.

-AC

Lord_Andres
Are you guys kidding? Guns N' Roses would be the biggest band if they got back toghter and made a cd, it would really bring these nu rock bands to their knees and all would see again what real music is HARD ROCK!, well since that wont happend, (but I wish and there is rumor about them making a new cd, but I dont trust that it will happen) so best thing now is that the new Bon Jovi cd will kick major ass, and people will see that hard rock is the way to go big grin, I heard a demo of their new cd and it really looks like they are coming back on track its really awesome I cant wait!

Alpha Centauri
Wait................

Did you just cite Bon Jovi as Hard Rock?

-AC

La Vie Rêveuse
At least it was funny, you have to give him that.
Made me giggle anyway.

how about Smashing Pumpkins? ....I'd like to see that.

Alpha Centauri
THAT would be something.

At The Drive-In also. I love The Mars Volta but as good as they are, they're not ATD-I.

-AC

Lord_Andres
Ya bon jovi is Hard/Melodic rock to be more correct

Cinemaddiction
Depeche Mode

StinkFist462
The Beatles , Smashing Pumpkins , Alice In Chains , Nirvana , and Led Zepplin

SlipknoT
Zeppelin, RATM

Alpha Centauri
"Ya bon jovi is Hard/Melodic rock to be more correct"

No...no. Nothing HARD about Bon Jovi.

-AC

Lord_Andres
Ya its hard melodic rock, his 2nd latest cd Bounce has alot of hard guitars in it, and lets take Bad Medicine for an example, thats a song thats in a genre thats called ''Hard Rock'' download it, check samples, so anyway he manily makes just Melodic Rock, but he has made Hard Rock as well

Alpha Centauri
He has never made anything Hard in my opinion.

Melodic, very debateable.

-AC

Lord_Andres
if not what I said, then what genre do you classifie him in?

SlipknoT
Soft rock, Hair rock.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Hair Rock. Pop Rock.

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
What would be even better is if Zack would rejoin RATM, Chris Cornell could resurrect Sound Garden. Now that would be sweet. thumb up

Silver Stardust
Oh yes, definitely yes

Alpha Centauri
I think we got a better band out of it anyway.

Rage coming back would be awesome but Soundgarden only really ever had Chris.

-AC

Darth Revan
I like Audioslave, but they're nothing compared to Rage and Soundgarden. erm

Alpha Centauri
I think they're better than Soundgarden by a long shot. Simple reason, take away Cornell and what are they? Decent guitarist and drummer, reasonable bassist. Add Cornell? One of the greatest bands. Rage aren't any less powerful as a band without Zack, they just played music to suit his ferocity. Why would Cornell, Tim, Brad and Tom come out of two relatively powerful and explosive bands........and make ANOTHER explosive, probably samey record? They did what I think was the best option, go the complete other way. Better for it.

Rage were better than Soundgarden because every member was top of their game. I think when Audioslave have been around for a while, they will be the superior band. I prefer them now. I like Rage in some ways more than Audioslave, but that's because I've got alot more Rage to choose from. When Audioslave have 3 albums I'm sure things will be different.

Either way, saying they're nothing in any sense is a bit much. I just think it's sad that people can't let go of the comparisons. They're Audioslave, not Rage or Soundgarden. They have the potential to be better than both and I believe they will, in time. You just have to give them a chance.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Meh, I think I'll always like Rage better than Audioslave...

Alpha Centauri
I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I like Rage in part, better than Audioslave. I just prefer Audioslave overall and I think, as stated, they have the potential to be the better of the three.

Most of the Rage fans I've spoken to, likewise with Soundgarden, admittedly like those bands more because they've grown up with them. People say the same about Velvet Revolver. I'm just saying I find it such a shame that a band can't be made with ex members of bands and drop the comparisons. They're a new band, let them be the new band. Regardless of if Audioslave turn out better than Rage in two albums time or not, you have to realise that they've been around since the beginning of 02 and had one album. If you can't let them get out of the shadow (which I think they have already done) of both former bands, then how can they live up to anything? It happened with Zwan, a great band. The reason Billy broke them up was coz they didn't sound enough like The Smashing Pumpkins or some stupid reason. When a new band comes out, instead of slapping them with a "you've gotta live up to" label (especially next to Rage, one of the greatest bands ever) you should just give them a chance.

Anyway, that being said I love Audioslave's album. It's one of my favourite albums.

-AC

finti
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

The Clash would be awesome, Marillion with Fish at the vocal

Alpha Centauri
Agreed on The Clash....and the gutlaugh.

-AC

Norma Jean
Metallica. I might get it for that one.

Living Sacrifice!!

Darth Revan
I get what you're saying, and I think you may be right about Audioslave eventually coming out as the better of the three. But at the moment, I still prefer Rage...

And I've always liked Velvet Revolver better than GNR anyways stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Well yeah.

Rage eponymous, Evil Empire, Battle of L.A, Renegades Vs Audioslave eponymous. Obvious Rage will be better.

When it's that Vs 3-4 Audioslave albums I think it might be a different matter.

-AC

Deathblow
I wouldn't call them great. And that's not why they broke up, and it wasn't Billy's fault they did, it really gets me when people throw all that blame at him. Paz ****ed it all up by leaving (she's seems to be pretty good at it) to join Papa M, Dave's old band, so of course everyone thought Dave was going back to them too. Plus apparently the whole band was pissed because everyone saw Zwan just as ''Billy Corgan's band''. So he felt uncomfortable with them and realised that he could never put his heart into the group because it still belonged to Smashing Pumpkins.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, well he isn't the the most lenient person to be in a band with is he.

Your last line pretty much sums up what I meant anyway.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
What kind of idiot (-->Alpha<--) would say Soundgarden only had Cornell?

Matt Cameron is one of the best rock drummers ever. Ben Shepherd was/is really good, and Kim Thayil is good, although the guitarists field is harder to excel in.

People seem to be forgetting Jimi Hendrix.

Alpha Centauri
Hendrix is a given.

I'm fully aware of Matt Cameron's ability you troglodite, I just don't prefer him compared to other drummers I prefer.

Bovine lummox.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Alan.

Alpha Centauri
**** off with that BS man.

Anyone want to keep the thread non moronic?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
According to Jimmy C, they split up because they didn't have a proper collective focus, and were originally planning a different sounding record. I think it's really good though.

Paz sucks.

Darth Revan
no

Deathblow
The album is good yes, but the band didn't work. A lack of 'Collective focus' is Jimmy's way of politely saying 'we piss each other off'.

And yes, Paz isn't fit to lick the blue paint from Maynard's ass.

Silver Stardust
Funnily enough, my aunts knew Billy Corgan (went to school with him or something), and they said he is SUCH an ass.hole...

And...I dunno. I like Audioslave, I like them a lot, but something about them just doesn't sound right to me. Nivek knows what I'm saying, we were talking about this on MSN one night. I dunno, maybe after they have another album or two out I may think differently though.

Victor Von Doom
It's not, it's my way of saying it politely wink .

Alpha Centauri
Well given that you (Lana) and Revan are both huge Zack fans, it's not surprising that a lack of Zack is going to be detrimental.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Very true...yes

Alpha Centauri
I like Cornell more.

Probably explains alot. Although Rage did have much more ferocious, memorable music. Then again Exploder, Cochise, Show me how to live....

-AC

Linkalicious
The Eagles....Hell Freezes Over was the best one that I can currently think of...

Ones that I would like to see...RATM get back together, Van Halen, Zeppelin

Alpha Centauri
Van Halen did a tour last year.

-AC

eggmayo
Zeppelin, Pantera, Black Sabbath (ozzy lineup), Guns and Roses (Appetite for Destruction lineup), RATM, and Busted. no expression

Korri
Hanson touched

finti
they have made numerous combacks and is on the road now

eggmayo
With Ozzy as the singer, Tony Iommi as the guitarist,Geezer Butler on bass and Bill ward on drums?

Victor Von Doom
I think they had that line up once recently, not a massive fan of Sabbath nowadays so am not an authority on it. I seem to recall it though.

eggmayo
I thought Geezer was dead... shows what a close follower I am.

finti
yes, they gonna play Roskilde and a giog in Bergen Norway july 9th, just a few hours from where I live, I am soooooooooooooooo there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.