Tom Clamcy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
I played the demo for Xbox and I'm enjoying this game. So much different than the original with some adjustments to combat mode. Sneaking behind the enemies and slash them is a nice upgrade. Even better I like how you can put the choke hold on them and make them talk. And once you're finish you snap their necks.

Graphics on this game look sharp and also the atmosphere is very tense. I wasn't very pleased with Pandora Tomorrow. But it seems that Chaos will deliver. I think this one might be the best of all 3.

Smasandian
I played the demo for the PC. The graphics are amazing. The gameplay seems like the original but updated.
The multi would be cool to play.

ChickinMeat
Ive got it installed on my system but havnt got round to playing, i might fire it up in a min

SaTsuJiN
Agreed 100% WD.. the usage of water effect was very smart.. not just put there pointlessly to flaunt as in other games.. and the options for interactivity was a very nice touch (shooting lights out, slicing fabric etc.)

WindDancer
I was unsure on getting the game. But this one feels more different and more tense than Pandora Tomorrow. Supposly is harder but the gameplay and controls make it easier. Is too earlier to call it but this might be best game of the year.

ARC Trooper 117
I just got the issue of XBOX Magazine with the demo-disc in it yesterday....
I played the demo of SC: Chaos Theory, and I love it....
I'll definately pick this one up....whenever it comes out, (or is it already?). wink

ScarFace Clone
yeah i got this demo as well and i was wondering how do you get the knife and the shootgun?

Smasandian
Knife is automatically with you.

ChickinMeat
man i finally played it, what an amazing game! my system is on low graphics, and it still looks good. the detail and movement on the faces of the characters is really superb, the enemy actually look scared and sam looks very scary.

top dog stuff!

Smasandian
The characters look kinda of cartoonish to me.

SaTsuJiN
I believe shotgun is there if you pick the assault style of weaponry before you join the mission.. the knife just automatically comes out when you creep up behind an enemy and press R trigger

Diesel fan
OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS GOIN' TO ROCK

SP 1 GOOD, SP,TP - 2 EXCELLENT - THE NEW 1 WILL - WELL - SIMPLY THE BEST IS ALL I CAN SAY

ANY NEW WEOPONS DOES ANY 1 KNOW

ChickinMeat
really? well, i suppose i can see now that you mention it, but there detailed cartoony!

dark1365
My friend's played it and he says that the graphics are better than Doom 3.

Smasandian
True, the facial features do look awesome and invoke a sense of fear. But the faces look all pudgy and cartoonish, with not set features.

Well the graphics are amazing and considering this game will be out after 6-8 months of Doom 3, I could actually see its beating it out. But, the graphics look basically the same as Doom 3.

ChickinMeat
i think they may look extra cartoonish on mine because i have old graphics drivers and stuff, some of the textures in certain lights come out solid colour, i imagine if i had a current up to date beast then it would look so cartoonish as it does on my current PC.

I shall be getting the full version of this game though, most fun ive had in ages playing the demo.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I like it its not bad but Im not sure about getting it.

ScarFace Clone
i am for sure gitting it!

WindDancer
I finish the demo last night and I'm very pleased with the game. I just love to sneak behind the enemy put'em on a choke hold while holding a knife close to their throats. The physics are awesome! For example I grab one of the guards then I Knock him out and then take him close to a cliff and dump him near the cliff. The guard falls to the bottom and you can hear his bones cracked! haha! That rulez!

I'm getting this game!

ChickinMeat
Thats one thing i couldnt work out, how do you just knock them out humanly instead of killing them?

i know the whole games designed for killing them, but i feel like being nice sometimes!

Diesel fan
I am so getting the game

ChickinMeat
its also a bonus that Amon Tobin has done the official sound track, legendary

Diesel fan
big grin big grin

WindDancer
Splinter Cell CT will have a Especial Edition for all consoles and PC!!! This is friggin sweet!!!! big grin

Xbox

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210746

PS2

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281221

PC

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646112

ChickinMeat
Im meant to be saving money for my return trip to england, but that PC special edition mihgt just have to be purchased

Diesel fan
I just got the demo and the graphics are supposed to be really cool

WindDancer
I'm hearing some rather great reviews for this one! I can't wait for my copy to arrive. As soon as any reliable reviews come out I'll post them.

ChickinMeat
please do, as im having a decision crises, its between Chaos Theory and Snake Eater, i do not know which one to choose!

Im craving my latest dose of stealth action

Diesel fan
The light house level was ace
I liked to slash peoples throats and stab them in the kidneys
What's ya fave - knock the gusrds out or lethel attack - mines lethel attack, OH and knocking the guards out with brick shifty laughing out loud laughing big grin stick out tongue cool
Graphics were simply brilliant -0 the music was pretty good 2

Chaos theroy rocks wink

Walfredo
This game looks unbelievable. I can't wait to see the co-op.

DEFCON One
A review from the magazine Game Informer gave it 9.75/10, but sadly i havent gotten to play it

scoobym
Critics are saying this is the best xbox game ever.

ChickinMeat
incase yu havnt seen much, click this link to gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=35

its got many videos of the co-op mode, it looks pure gold!

Diesel fan
Cool seen some of the vidoes on the demo disc - cool

ChickinMeat
watch the NSA training videos, there awesome

Diesel fan
This game is soooooooooooooooo.........................brilliant, the best stealth game ever

Do ya have any ideas when the game is comin' out I know that it is this mouth but what date

By the way cool sig - Sam Fisher rocks

ChickinMeat
thanks for sig comment!

i believe it is meant to be comming out march 31st?

Diesel fan
GET IN!

I'm so gettin' it
I've got the other 2 and they are great but this 1 is gonna rock

How long did it take ya to do the other 2 splinter cell games

Have ya heard about the limited edition chaos theroy - 2 discs

ChickinMeat
splinter cell probably took me about 1 week, maybe 2? to be honest im not really sure, whatever the time i took, it was near enough the same for pandora tomorow.

Yeah ive heard of the collectors, WindDancer postes some links on this page.

My buddy should be sending me the Amon Tobin OST, sweet!

Diesel fan
cool

It took me about the same for the first splinter cell
But only a couple of days for Pandora Tomoorw

What the Amon Tobin OST

WindDancer
First review coming in from IGN:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/598/598423p1.html

A solid 9.6! big grin

note: this is for xbox version.

stingray005
I just read the review for SP in the Xbox magazine yesterday and it got a 9.9! They said it's the best Xbox game ever!

RaventheOnly
eek! i saw the marble on thefloor of the bathroom in one of the screen shots and that spoke itself for graphics...... i have never seen the floor look so realistic no expression eek!

WindDancer
Both PC and Xbox received a fair score of 9.6. But for some reason PS2 got a 8.4. Which is not a bad score but rather odd. Regardless this game looks wickedly cool!

RaventheOnly
well the pixel rate of PS2 Diminishes the graphics which overall is one of SC strongest points big grin

ChickinMeat
hmmmm, i dont know whether i should get the PC version or the PS2 version.

i dont know if ill have a PC for much longer, so i might have to settle with PS2

WindDancer
I'm getting my copy 6hrs from now! big grin

No sleep tonight! wink

Walfredo
The video review on IGN is really cool.

I wasn't too psyched for this game but the hype forced me to go look and it might just live up to it. I wish Co-op wasn't just over system link though.

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by WindDancer
I'm getting my copy 6hrs from now!

bastardos!

WindDancer
hehe....

I just got my copy!!!!! eek!

I'm so pumped right now! I'm going home and play this game all night long! Hope you guys get yours! big grin

RaventheOnly
I just got mine yesterday eek!

ChickinMeat
man i feel so left out! i have no money!

forumcrew
i have it on xbox on like the 4th level (the one after NY) its a really great game i never really got into the first 2 but i really enjoy this one.. and the co-op levels are really fun too

Thael
Playing full version for X-Box, it's just like the original (not crappy PT) but waaaay better, the AI is astonishing and the graphics are top notch, it even now caters for players on both ends of the patience spectrum. (The shotgun attachment is really handy for those SWAT style door breaches! droolio)

Thael
Originally posted by forumcrew
i have it on xbox on like the 4th level (the one after NY) its a really great game i never really got into the first 2 but i really enjoy this one.. and the co-op levels are really fun too

Co-op was awesome, didn't like 3 of the measly 4 levels you get to play, more levels for Co-op would've been nice, I've just done the "Displace" level. big grin

Walf> Co-op is Split-Screen AND System Link, its the Vs mode that S.Link only. thumbsup

WindDancer
I finished the Hokkaido on stealth and it was friggin cool! Now I'm out to N. Korea for the battery mission. This is gonna kick ass! Haven't tried the Co-op yet I just gotta finish the game first.

dark1365
hey WD, XBM recommended that you listen to the first guards talking in Hokkaido, in the lobby i think. Something about nightingales and ninjas. XBM thought it was hilarious, so you should try it out, see what they say.

WindDancer
lol! Is true! Even one of the guards that I interrogate kept asking me if I was a ninja.

The one that really crack me up were the two guards in New York talking about Prince of Persia being the best game of the year. Gotta love those crazy Ubisoft developers.

dark1365
UbiSoft is good, bless them.

I played the TC demo jsut yesterday and it was incredibly good. Once I figured out the controls and night vision. It was an absolute blast, the best part was when I threw a bottle in a dark room, guy comes and I sneak up from behind and stab him with R.

It makes you think a lot. For example, after I pased the brightly lit bridge, I think, "Wait. Were there lights there? Damn, I should've shot them out!"
And then after the part where the 2 guys are torturing another, friend suggests, "Maybe you should've hid behind the door in the dark room and stabbed him from behind."

Figures.

jon84
I bought the PC version two days ago, i'm hooked on spies VS mercs. I haven't had this much fun playing online in years and the single-player missions are good too. I only completed the 1st level. stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
Okay, I'm bumping the thread just because I won't get Double Agent today. sad

So, I'm gonna have another run at this game to get all pump up for Friday (that's when I get my copy of Double Agent)

Time to practice. boxing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.