Concerning Ubbo-Sathla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sicky666
Are there more people here who believe Ubbo-Sathla to be the source, the unbegotten beginning?

For it is written in myth that Kutulu shall rise to destroy all humanity, blablabla, you know it if you know Lovecraft. And at the end everything will return to Ubbo-Sathla for Ubbo-Sathla is the source and the end.
Before it will happen that Tsathoggua or Yog-Sothoth or Kutulu come down from the stars (like when the gods came down from the stars to Egypt), shall Ubbo-Sathla dwell in the steaming fens of the new-made Earth (new-made cause they re-conquered it like the NWO).
And all earthly life, it is told shall go back at last through the great circle of time to Ubbo-Sathla.

But the question is: does this make Ubbo-Sathla the upper intelligence, for I thought the upper intelligence to be nameless? (and formless ofcourse)...

peterKSL
Howard Phillips Lovecraft?

I think these whole thing is crap...

Storm
The Cthulhu mythos is fiction.

Capt_Fantastic
How about this...she/he...can kiss my ass?

I get more out of comic book movies than I do out of this...that says a lot.

Reborn Again
All mythology is derived in truth in some fashion or another. Mythos are stories past down from generation to generation and often change with the times. Can you honestly say the story you hear today about this myth is actual truth?

Storm
Cthulhu mythos is the label coined by the writer August Derleth for the shared world based upon the themes, characters and story elements found in the works of H. P. Lovecraft.
The term mythos here can' t even be compared with the way we use and speak about the Greek, Roman, ... myths/mythology.

WindDancer
I agree with that except certain modern day mythologies do not apply. Like this Ubbo-Sathla and the destruction of the world.

Bardock42
And Christianity of course....don'T forget them WD

Jackie Malfoy
I never even hard of it.What is it?JMconfused1

Sicky666
Ubbo-Sathla is not only mentioned in HPL, this is not the source I found it. Sure, I don't believe all of it, cause I know a lot is crap, but the fact is that Al Azif brought me revelation instead of fear, but a lot is crap yes.
But the fact is that the forces are really there (read H.P. Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine and/or Crowley) but it is very chemistry-like.
But the fact is too that for example the bright star Alderbaran really lies in Hyades, fomalhaut is really there, the islands were here, the signs are everywhere around you, just open your eyes that you can see, blow the dust from your eyes and you will see...

Jackie Malfoy
If someone tellls me about this religon then I can give you my answear to weather it is fiction or not.JM confused

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
If someone tellls me about this religon then I can give you my answear to weather it is fiction or not.JM confused

Or you could research it yourself and stop depending on others to tell you what to think.

4life
There is religion, mythology and fiction - no real truth anyway.

peterKSL
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Or you could research it yourself and stop depending on others to tell you what to think.

Some people prefer to consult more than to consider... Me personally, I prefer to consider... big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.