Fightstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Libertine
Im sick of all these people who hate fightstar just because one of them was in busted. It doesnt make a difference, fightstar do some pretty alright emo songs.

Im not really keen on emo to much but i like their new song. People say they dont deserve to be on Mtv2 or Kerrang just because of who's in it, forget about that and just listen to the music.

jaden101
it was always going to be a double edged sword for fightstar...on the one hand they get the publicity they need from having a former member of a well known(if somewhat shite) band...but on the other hand because thay band was essentially a manufactured pop band aimed at kids...then they were always struggle to get any respect from the "serious" music establishment as well as the public

i havent even heard any of their stuff so i'll reserve my judgement until i do

Libertine
Their new single is actually really good. I was a little shocked to see Charlies face on Kerrang, but then i heard the song and i forgot why i was so bewildered before.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahahahahaha.

Fightstar.

What a joke. I don't dislike them coz one of em was in Busted. I dislike them coz they're shit. Just another prototype mould.

Kerrang dissed the hell out of them. Charlie is a hypocrite.

First he says "People shouldn't diss Busted. We're not Pop, we play our own instruments." Now that he decides he wants to be an Emo kid, he says "Nah Busted were Pop really."

The music is just bland, nothing.

He's gone from one shit band to another shit band.

-AC

Df02
theyre absolutely nothing special, and i hate the face that people are calling 'Phalinuik's laughter' a decent song, when its blatently not..its bland and uninspired... pretty much the problem with 90% of emo atm erm

Busted were manufactured pop....
Emo is becoming more and more pop-ular atm, so Charlie manufactured an emo band

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Calling it "Palahniuk's Laughter" so that all the kids will go "Oh that must mean something clever".

No it doesn't. They read a couple of his books and think they're smart.

They're lame.

-AC

Df02
this isnt gonna turn into a complaint about song titles, cos i know u hate extended emo song names stick out tongue

Libertine
God, im not a big fan of Fightstar but im willing to give them a chance, you closed minded gits should re-think your musical status cos soe day your going to be all criticesed out and you'll realise youve bad mouthed nearly every band on the planet.

Oh and by the way Charlie said busted werent a boy band because they dont dance and they play their own instruments, theyve always admitted they were pop.

Alpha Centauri
"God, im not a big fan of Fightstar but im willing to give them a chance, you closed minded gits should re-think your musical status cos soe day your going to be all criticesed out and you'll realise youve bad mouthed nearly every band on the planet."

I'm closed minded to hypocritical, shit musicians. Sue me. I haven't bad mouthed every band on the planet, b-bit of a stretch there me ol' darlin'.

"Oh and by the way Charlie said busted werent a boy band because they dont dance and they play their own instruments, theyve always admitted they were pop."

Charlie: I don't want us to be taken as a boyband. We're not. We're not Pop, because we're not manufactured. That stuff's crap.

Then it became...

Charlie: I don't really wanna say it but why is it so bad to be Pop? Pop just means Popular music.

No I'm not stopping there. After blurting out that Pop definition, "We're about to sell out" line, he said this...

Charlie: Our record label turned us into a boyband (thought he said they weren't?). Like they were telling us what to say and we went along coz we thought "Oh alright" (Huh?). I don't want kids to buy shit music, I want them to buy good music. I'd never deny Busted were anything but Pop (funny coz he did), I used to laugh when we got mentioned in Kerrang! coz we don't deserve to be in there.

Ironic that he doesn't want kids to buy shit music, yet put two albums worth of it out there.

Funny that as soon as he realised "Wait, we really are talentless nobodies", he tried to switch it up.

Even funnier is that he thought "Waiiiiit. We'll wear black, writhe around in water like some Emo version of Blazin Squad and write a song about nothing. They'll buy it".

Oh wait....he was right.

Fightstar = Busted without the make up.

Anything else you wanna add while we're hitting this band at the height of their phenomena? Coz you know, I'm here.

-AC

Libertine
Ok so if you were in a band and people were calling it all sorts of crap, wouldnt you stick for it as much as you can, im sure i would. Please dont take my opinions as being an old busted fan cos im not, i hated them with a passoin, but im willing to give fightstar a chance. Granted they play emo, which im not to keen on, but they have totally exceeded my expectations, and as an emo band goes they arent that bad.

Red Superfly
OK, this is honestly the truth.

I didn't know who Fightstar were. I didn't know who was in the band and didn't know anything about them background-wise. I simply saw this new emo-like band playing on MTV 2.

I still thought it was pointless crap. This is mainly due to the fact I hate whiny emo crap anyway (well, most of it). Everytime me and my brother see some sort of new whiny, cookie cutter, emo-ish band, we sarcastically say "Oh the angst!".

Seriously, this emo sh*t is simply pop for idiots. At least people who like pop music know that its pop music, whereas people who like emo (Im thinking of this particular kind of emo - the whiny, boring, crap) think it's NOT pop music. It is.

The icing on the cake was when I found out Charlie from Busted was in this band. I knew even before then they were as manufactured as Busted.

And seriously, without Busted, there would be no Fightstar, period. They aren't good enough to compete on their own merits, I don't think.

My two cents.

Alpha Centauri
"Ok so if you were in a band and people were calling it all sorts of crap, wouldnt you stick for it as much as you can, im sure i would. Please dont take my opinions as being an old busted fan cos im not, i hated them with a passoin, but im willing to give fightstar a chance. Granted they play emo, which im not to keen on, but they have totally exceeded my expectations, and as an emo band goes they arent that bad."

Well exceeding YOUR expectations or not, doesn't remove from the fact that they're a shit band.

I wouldn't give a shit what people called my band, I'd be playing music because I want to. Not to be famous. Therefore people opinion of my band wouldn't really be of any consequence. If you liked it, cool. If not, cool.

What makes Fightstar so awful is what preceeded them....Busted, and all the contradictions and hypocrisies with it.

-AC

Df02
they look like they've opened and thoroughly studied the 'how to be emo' manual and worked themselves around it.

1. pick a long 'meaningful' name for the song
2. change appearance to accentuate ur new found emo status
3. write overly emotional whingey lyrics and layer them over a basic song structure
4. film a seemingly angsty yet subtely emotional video
5. have 1 screaming vocalist and 1 singing vocalist

i love emo, but sadly the music isnt going anywhere, 99% of emo is tripe, but when its done well... i love it!...fighstar don't do it well, theyve taken everything thats wrong with emo and meshed it together

Alpha Centauri
I don't like Emo, I think it's also a bit of a fake label.

To be honest, even in genres I think are crap, I think "Well there must be bands who originated it".

There is always real, shit music. As opposed to fake, shit music.

People cite Minor Threat as an original Emo band. If you're gonna like Emo, at least like real Emo.

-AC

Df02
i couldnt care less who started emo, i like a few emo bands...whether theyre first generation, 2nd generation or whatever...doesn't bother me, i like the music, i like them...not their musical heritage

Alpha Centauri
I'm just saying, wouldn't it be better to claim that you like genuine bands?

Not speaking to YOU directly, in general.

-AC

Df02
but i never really thought that initiative and and pioneering a music genre automatically made u the superior band 'musically' - obviously it makes them very talented to be able to pioneer a whole new musical genre... but it doesnt make them the best at it, imo opinion obviously

like, England invented football, but we're far from the best at it haha

Alpha Centauri
I'm saying people like Sum41 coz they claim to like Punk. Surely it's better to like The Misfits.

-AC

Df02
yea obviously, but thats a bit of a dead end argument...its like saying 'surely its better to like Metallica than Busted' - both claim to be rock. 1 came before the other, but theyre in a completely different class

jaden101
i dont think people like bands because of the genre they put themselves is and whether or not its deemed "cool" to like bands of that genre...at least among your peers....that kind of attitude is about as shallow and pathetic is could possibly be...

like music because you have a connection to the song...you can take something from it that is personal to you...dont like or dislike stuff just because your mates say that "x" is cool but "y" is shit

make up your own mind

people also easily forget musical backgrounds to band members anyway...

lots of people i know like new order without having the slightest clue that they were once joy division...i like minuteman...didnt know until recently that the guy from ultravox is in them...i also like doves....but i didnt know until after i got their stuff that they were once 808 state...

so personally i dont really care if charlie from busted is in fightstar...i'll judge them on their music...which i still haven't heard

Alice_In_Chains
the band wasnt as bad as i had thought....but still were pretty poor.
and no matter wat they do..they cud write the best song ever..but he will still b the guy with the big eyebrows frm tht crap band.
i wish thm all the luck in the world...cuz theyr gonna need it

Df02
luck....and a huge dose of amnesia for every1 in the world

Alpha Centauri
They've got someone who hated Busted believing that they deserve a chance, they've already done it.

-AC

Libertine
Thankyou.

Alpha Centauri
If you believe giving Fightstar a chance is credible, then sure.

-AC

Libertine
Of course it is. I think you should give everyone a chance to prove themselves and not condemn straight away.

Alpha Centauri
I don't.

I gave them a "chance", I listened to the song before deciding they were shit for sure. Although it was only ever going to be that way........coz they're Fightstar. Emo's Busted.

-AC

Libertine
Ok, so your doing exactly what i was saying i hate people doing. All those people who dont like the song, well havent some of the most amazing bands brought out shit songs once in a while.

To be honest i quite like their new song, granted its not going to be THE song of 2005, but its not trying to be. Its just a song, and a rather good one considering its an Emo song.

Alpha Centauri
"All those people who dont like the song, well havent some of the most amazing bands brought out shit songs once in a while. "

I'm rarely disappointed in my music buys because none of the bands I like put out anything shit, ever.

I've heard "Emo" music. They aren't it, just to Emo what Busted were to Pop.

-AC

Libertine
What? Perfect? Cos im pretty sure Busted were perfect for pop music. All the little teeny boppers had an amzing two years falling in love with the sickening trio, they made little girls scream and sang about thunderbirds, so obviously they were the essential pop band of the time, so are you saying that fightstar is the perfect band for Emo's time?

Alpha Centauri
Michael Jackson is/was the King of Pop. There's nothing wrong with Pop per se. Just manufactured, no talent bullshit. Which is what Busted were. Nothing perfect about em, being that they had no talent.

Busted are the Pop end of the "Emo" rainbow. They haven't escaped being Pop. Busted fans will still put them in the charts, they still make lame music.

Nobody who has shown to be as big a hypocritical sellout as Charlie has, deserves anything but disgust.

-AC

Libertine
In your opinion yes, in my opinion no.

Alpha Centauri
No, you're baffled here.

Music is an art, the greatest art. If you disrespect that art by selling your anus to a record company, doing what they tell you to, letting them f*ck you to get fame, you deserve no respect. At all. If you believe they do, you have a shit opinion and no perception of artistic integrity or respect.

-AC

Df02
like i said, they embody everything thats wrong with emo today. thats why i dislike them, charlie is just the icing on the shit-cake

jaden101
i think musical talent and song writing talent are two very different things...i know musicians who are my friends who are extremely talented at playing their prefered instruments...but very few of them can write a song to save their lives...hence they are stuck as cover bands in small pubs despite their gifts at playing

this is the problem with many bands and music nowadays...the songs are written by a third party because the bands themselves cant write for shit

them this gives birth to the problem that you just cant beleive in the artists emotion in the song...and so the illusion breaks down and the band are never going to be a seminal influence on music

there are probably very few exceptions to this way...the only one i can think of off hand (and i know almost all of you will disagree) is Elton John...he write the music while someone else does the lyrics...

i get the feeling this is what happened with busted...the pop machine took over and they churned out the songs they werer told to churn out rather than stuff that came from the soul and the heart

and so this makes it all the less believable as far as emotion go..

and what is music without an emotional connection for both the artist and the fans?

Alpha Centauri
He stood so vehemently by "Busted aren't Pop" until he realised they were, and that he was a corporate whore.

Then he decided "Actually, I'm a bit luke-warm on all this, lets change".

Here's the deal: When you lie and hypocrisise like that, nothing you say can be trusted, everything you say is suspect and every word that comes out of your mouth is now like a turd falling into the toilet.

-AC

jaden101
so your musical taste has never changed then?

Df02
Charlie's musical taste was always the same, he likes 1 style of music but knew he wasnt good enough to successfully make that style of music, so he settled for being a corporate whore

jaden101
alright let me ask another question

if your favourite band suddenly started playing a completely different style of music...would you listen to them because you liked the band...or not listen to them cause you dont like the music

Df02
id give them a listen, and if i didnt like it i wouldnt listen to it...
i dont listen to bands, i listen to music confused

i dont like busted and i dont like fightstar lol..i dont see where you're going with that question erm

Alpha Centauri
"if your favourite band suddenly started playing a completely different style of music...would you listen to them because you liked the band...or not listen to them cause you dont like the music"

You asked two questions disguised as one. Didn't work.

Would I stop listening to my favourite band coz they played a completely different style of music? No.

Would I stop listening if they completely sold themselves out and made it shit, pissing on everything they've ever done or said? Yes.

Would they do that? No, coz they're artists, not salesman.

-AC

Df02
i dont see why people would still listen to a band whose music they didnt like...even if it was my favourite band, if they completely changed their music style to sumthing i didnt like, i dont see any reason why id still listen to them confused

ofcourse i mean id still listen to the stuff i liked, before they changed lol

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't hate them if the music they changed to wasn't my taste, provided it was for artistic reasons. Not otherwise.

-AC

jaden101
thats a bit of blind faith coming from the same person who thought metallica owed their fans diddly squat

your favourite bands do what they want...not what you want

Df02
yea, but theres a difference between hating a band and not liking the music they make...if they changed style for their own reasons and i didnt like it then fair enough i wouldnt mind. be slightly disappointed obviously but still...

jaden101
so why cant the opposite happen...why cant a band you thought was shit...change into something you like without being immediatly dismissed because of what they did previously

Alpha Centauri
"thats a bit of blind faith coming from the same person who thought metallica owed their fans diddly squat your favourite bands do what they want...not what you want"

Yeah...yeah I see what you tried. It would have completely nailed me had it been correct.

The thing is, Metallica haven't done anything wrong in my eyes. Tool don't OWE me anything, technically. It would be a complete and utter shit if the impossible instance were to arrive and they sold out, considering how much their music and them mean to me as a band. What I've gained from them etc. However, I would lose complete respect, not because I felt they owed me, but purely because...I don't respect it.

Metallica don't "OWE" their fans anything. The fans treated them like "Keep playing how we want or we'll **** you over". Which is bull.

If Tool changed musical styles, while maintaining their integrity and artistic merit, and I didn't like the music, then I wouldn't lose respect for them. It's just a change.

Charlie lied because he wanted acceptance. He settled for being a corporate *****. Now he realises he did so, he wants to say "Nah nah really. Look, I like these bands and now I'm playing this kind of music. Square one, right?". That's not the case.

He sacrificed any artistic merit at all that he may possible have had, when he settled for being in Busted.

-AC

Df02
but they werent immediately dismissed...i listened to it, and hated it, like i said - Charlie was just the cherry

its the cheeky girls suddenly changed their image and became an indie band...would u give them the time of day, seriously?

Alpha Centauri
"so why cant the opposite happen...why cant a band you thought was shit...change into something you like without being immediatly dismissed because of what they did previously"

Because this isn't about music. It's about emotion and morals. Music is the greatest artform ever, the most emotionally expressive.

If you sold, changed and portrayed fake emotions for money, what does that say about your music?

-AC

jaden101
yeah thats true...whats ironic about the whole situation is that it is usually the people who go down the corporate pop road that make the least money....the people who make the big bucks from the short lived bands are the record company bosses

a perfect example being s club 7...apparently at the "height of their success" three of them were sharing a flat and they made about 100k a year each...

compare that with the musicians who for one thing...look after their corporate affairs better and dont do everything the suits want them too

Alpha Centauri
Anyone who sells out is no longer an artist.

-AC

jaden101
just heard fightstar for the first time...cant say i was impressed...just not my thing at all

Alpha Centauri
You could have spent that time looking for a decent band.

The thing I don't get is....Charlie from Busted is in the band. Books should close at that point. Why do people even bother checking them out? We all know they are shit, or going to be.

-AC

jaden101
like i say...i prefer to hear them before saying..."you know what..AC was right...they are shit...REALLY SHIT"

Libertine
I want to kbow what it is exactly that you mean by sell outs. I mean some people think greenday are sellouts, but i dont think they are.

Busted were always a pop band, so they never really sold out because they were always on the media band wagon.
Isnt the fact that Charlie left this comercial pop crap to persue a proper music career actually taking a step away from selling out. I mean Charlie never really wrote any of the songs anyway, it was mostly that other blonde one, James.

Alpha Centauri
Stop making excuses for them. He took it up the anus for money and fame. He threw away his integrity by being a hypocrite. You can't try to say "We're not Pop" and then admit that you are when you realise people aren't buying your lies anymore.

They sold their integrity by being in the band. Charlie "always" wanted to make Fightstar-esque music but he knew he lacked the talent to do so. How did he combat this? He became a member of Busted.

Here's the deal, and this isn't debateable:

If you become famous and acquire success as a result of being something you claim to hate and even worse, supporting the lie, then you are scum.

If you try to deny that you are being scum, you're digging a deeper hole.

If you then decide "I don't like being Pop anymore, people aren't buying it", then go into Kerrang and completely contradict yourself and your opinions, you're a whore.

Fact is, Busted and everyone in the band are nothing more than cheap, soulless, ball less, corporate little sleazebags. Fightstar are no different. It's Charlie in black clothes with no make-up.

Music is about honesty. How on Earth can you say "I don't want kids buying shit music" when you have Busted albums on your CV?

Short Answer: You can't.

-AC

jaden101
true true...what if you had a musical talent that didnt fit in with the musical styles that you listened to...would you still want to express your talent even if it meant going down the route of a pop career if your voice fitted that genre...would you not want to at least try to make a career out of something you are good.

people get stuck in jobs they hate simply for a comfortable life...should musicians be any different?

fribble

Df02
If you follow a musical career purely because you're suited to it and want to make quick cash out of it, then thats not art at all....thats the epitome of selling out.

Charlie wanted to make Screamo-style music, knew he sucked...so sold his ass for money in the hope of getting fame enough to quick-start his other band when he decided to make it

fribble

Alpha Centauri
Jaden: What do you do when you don't have the talent? Accept it.

-AC

jaden101
haha...i accepted that a long LONG time ago...at least i dont kid myself on by being a bedroom bound,angst ridden guitarist...i'd rather spend my time listening to good music than playing crap music

Libertine
I think people who say this person did this and did that, so are obviously sellouts withoout actually knowing the person, probably has his head stuck up his arse.

Alpha Centauri
I think you've just run out of shit to say.

I've gave you examples of his hypocritical and contradictory nature, direct quotes from him.

If you choose to have Busted Boy's band on the list of bands that you like, go for it. Hahahaha.

-AC

Libertine
Did i say i liked busted? Nooooooooooooooooo! I didnt, i am just mature enough to not stop listening to a band because of someone i it, or because other people hate them.

Alpha Centauri
I call them shit coz I heard them and thought they were a shit band. The fact that one of them is a hypocritcal corporate whore trying to use and abuse the greatest artform ever, doesn't score well on my notepad.

-AC

Libertine
Fine! All i wanted to do was tell the other people who hate them just for the fact that he was in busted to give them a chance, if you dont like them cos they are not to your musical taste or they dont have your idea of good song writing ability then fair enough. But your the one who kept pushing me into an arguement.

I respect your opinoin and i find it fair play that you dont like them.

Alpha Centauri
No no no. Stop twisting my words.

It's not always about musical taste.

-AC

Libertine
Im not twisting your words. I understand that you dont like their band, cos as you say to you they are shit, therefore you dont like their music.

Are you just looking for an rguement are something?

Alpha Centauri
I didn't say to me they are shit. I said they're shit coz they are, everybody should be able to see that and if you don't then you're easily sold.

I'm not looking for anything, you're continually misquoting me. Can't have that.

-AC

Libertine
Er actually im trying to respect your opnion. You cant go around saying something is shit and excpect people to follow.

Df02
you're right, in the same way you can't expect every1 to understand basic math

Libertine
lol exactly.

Alpha Centauri
I don't expect people to follow. I don't care if people follow. Fightstar are shit and you can try to debate that point all you like because it won't change.

-AC

Libertine
No your opinion wont change, i said i respected your opinion ages ago, but for some reason you wouldnt listen. Just because you havent changed my mind doesnt mean you have to keep going on.

Alpha Centauri
Well being that changing your mind isn't and never was my objective, don't see how it affects me.

-AC

Bad Boy
I got the Fightstar EP.

I gotta admit that I think the single ****ING ROCKS!!!!

But the rest of it is just boring. There's nothing special about them, they are just another formalic 'emo' band. To diss them just because Charlie was in Busted is immature beyond belief (music fans like that drive me crazy, I hope I don't get any like that when my band tours the UK in the summer). Fightstar are not Busted... simple as that....... but they do both suck!

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

They both suck........coincidentally they both contain a member of Busted with zero talent.

Anyone see the connection?

-AC

jaden101
libertine...i'd love to be able to defend you cause i like you...and AC and me have this thing goin on...but he's right...busted were shit and thats the plain truth...and fightstar aint any better

so AC is right...and thats that

Libertine
I didnt say busted werent shit. They totally and utterly are. I like Fightsars new song, you dont fair enough. Im just saying dont hate them just because of someone in it, hate them if you dont like their music. Thats what i have been saying all the time.

And if i stopped likeing a band just because of the people in it i wouldnt listen to Rasorlight, cos Johnny Borrell really rubs me the wrong way, but i really like their music.

Alpha Centauri
I get what you're saying.

However the fact that Charlie from Busted is a member of the band, obviously shows that the band will be shit.

-AC

jaden101
even if it was someone else but playing the same stuff...it would still be shit

Libertine
Fine... that just shows that you hate their music. I on the other hand have only heard one song by them and was pretty impressed. Im not a huge fan. Just a fan of the song i suppose. But you arent so fair enough.

Bad Boy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I get what you're saying.

However the fact that Charlie from Busted is a member of the band, obviously shows that the band will be shit.

-AC

That's just judging something you know little about yet.

This might sound big-headed, and I have no intention to sound it (so sorry if i do)... but if I got really famous with my Powell & Kevski musical act, singing songs about nipples etc. and then I left to carry on with my hardcore band, would that instantly make my hardcore band shit?

Alpha Centauri
You're missing the point completely.

He's a hypocrite and a sell out. He KNEW he couldn't make good, honest music coz he didn't have the talent. He wanted all of the rewards and respect with none of the reason. So he got fame with Busted, loads of idiot fans, now he can make a Fightstar album and have it be successful.

Music is the most honest thing in the world, how can I take him seriously when he's already said that Busted were for real, then admitted they weren't?

I knew they'd be shit. I heard them and it was confirmed.

-AC

Bad Boy
Ok fair enough.

I wouldn't really call him a sellout tho. Busted started when he was like 16, he's only 21 now. He said Busted were for real when he was a daft teenager, and has now gotten into some decent music and knows what music is (despite not being the best of writers). And he is leaving behind a high pay, arena tours, high money contract etc. to do tours round places like Barfly, Exeter Cavern and.... Wrexham!!!! Wrexham??? That's not exactly selling out.

Alpha Centauri
You again miss the point.

One more time.

He claims that in Busted he let the record company tell him how to act and what to do although he didn't agree with it, that's definitive selling out.

He said he doesn't want kids to buy shit music, yet he was perfectly cool with picking up money off kids for two albums worth of shit music that he put out there.

He's a sellout and his bands are shit.

-AC

Bad Boy
OK he did sellout to begin with, no arguing with that. But when your 16, what do you do? Do what a recording company tells you to do buy earning millions or go and work down McDonalds? Anyone with some common sense and thinking of their future would pick the first one.

He's now got the money he needs, and he's a little older, he can now do what he wants musically. And he's sacrificing the luxuries of before to do 'toilet scene tours'. To me, in terms of previously selling out, he's redeemed himself.

He still might not be very good at what he does, but he's still young and can only get better. Besides, what has money got to do with playing an A chord?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bad Boy
OK he did sellout to begin with, no arguing with that. But when your 16, what do you do? Do what a recording company tells you to do buy earning millions or go and work down McDonalds? Anyone with some common sense and thinking of their future would pick the first one.

Not really. Don't speak for me just because money is your *****, certainly isn't mine. Not at the expense of music.

He's now got the money he needs, and he's a little older, he can now do what he wants musically. And he's sacrificing the luxuries of before to do 'toilet scene tours'. To me, in terms of previously selling out, he's redeemed himself.

You can't redeem yourself from making a ***** of music if you actually value the art that is music. He's not sacrificing the luxuries, wake up. Jeez. He doesn't want to be in a small band, he wants to be in a "real" band. Nothing he does will ever be real because he took it up the anus for money and sold out.

He still might not be very good at what he does, but he's still young and can only get better. Besides, what has money got to do with playing an A chord?

Are you dense? No offense meant, but are you? You don't get better with age if you suck anyway.

You obviously think it's ok to whore yourself out to a record company, lie about your motives, then deny them and complete your rise to being a hypocritical corporate bastard whilst basically saying "No really, I'm for real now. Remember when I said it all before? Nah was lying. Real this time".

If you fall for the marketing trap, sucks for you. There isn't any debating this. He's a corporate prostitute and deserves no respect. If you respect him or his work, you suck.

-AC

Bad Boy
Im not even sure if I'm gonna bother with a comeback, your not gonna listen. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but that is one of the most stupid replys I probably ever read on KMC.

Nope, not gonna bother typing!

Alpha Centauri
Yeah everyone has a right to an opinion. I have a right to an opinion on your opinion, I did so. Also it's a given really.

I've read each and every one of your posts carefully, you're talking BS.

I understand you, you obviously don't like that you're wrong. Not my problem. It was fun.

-AC

Libertine
Hey! N one was wrong in this arguement, no one is ever wrong in their opinion. You dont have the right to say someone was wrong hust you dont agree with them! And telling people they suck or are talking BS just cos they arent agreeing with you is the most saddest cry for help cos you have nothing else to write.

Alpha Centauri
Don't assume why I say things. If you wanna know, ask me. This is the very last time I'm going to say it, for the learning impaired.

I don't care if you agree with me or not, I say what I think. I speak for ME, not for anyone else.

Opinion can't be proven wrong but there IS such a thing as a shit opinion, deal with that. If you like Busted or if you like Fightstar, then that opinion is shit. Why? Because they are shit bands.

-AC

Placebo_fan
Not that this has anything to do with it, but didnt anyone else think after Busted that Charlie would become an emo kid? I think he thought it was expected of him...

* wink

Df02
im an emo kid, so i take offense

Libertine
I dont like busted, busted suck. I like that one song by fightstar, so suddnely my opinion is shit? Ok well i think your opinion is shit! I think that music taste is shit, and i think the way you try to prove a point is shit!

Alpha Centauri
Good for you champ, your badge is in the mail.

My music taste isn't shit and coming from someone who regards The Libertines as one of the best bands ever, you shouldn't be saying something like that.

-AC

Libertine
Well the bands the bands that you have been praising are shit, i hate them all. So you shouldnt talk either.

Alpha Centauri
They're not shit, chum. You're just saying that out of hurt and whilst I respect that, the thing you're missing buddy, is that they aren't shit.

The Libertines are. They're not even the best British band by a long long shot, so how they can be one of the best bands in the world ever is rather silly.

Cheer up kiddo.

-AC

Libertine
No they arent shit. Im pretty sure i think most metal bands are shit so dont assume im saying anything out of hurt. I really think metal licks arse.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, yeah they are.

You think Metal licks arse? Really? Well whaddya know. Coincidentally I don't care what you think is shit, because I know it isn't. You think The Libertines are one of the best bands in the world ever so it's pretty evident you have a dull and uneducated music taste.

Whether I liked them or not, they're not the best band in the world ever. That's the worst thing you could say to back yourself up, slick.

-AC

Libertine
Who do you think you are to say i have an uneducated music taste. I love indie and punk music, so what? You love metal music (which i think is really ****ing crap0 but im not saying its the worst music in the world and that you dont know anything about music becuase its your choice what you listen to, your just hitting me personally because you've got know idea what your talking about when it comes to me. You dont know me so dont judge cos im not judging you.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Libertine
Who do you think you are to say i have an uneducated music taste. I love indie and punk music, so what? You love metal music (which i think is really ****ing crap0 but im not saying its the worst music in the world and that you dont know anything about music becuase its your choice what you listen to, your just hitting me personally because you've got know idea what your talking about when it comes to me. You dont know me so dont judge cos im not judging you.

I think I'm someone with a right to an opinion on your opinion. That's the beauty that comes along with freedom of speech my friend.

The thing is, just because you think Metal is shit and I like it, doesn't mean that you liking The Libertines, Keane and Coldplay is now an untouchable opinion. You don't like Metal, so? I KNOW it's not crap, so what you THINK is nothing at all. Inconsequential.

I know that The Libertines are just every other Indie band. Infact, I find Coldplay and Keane more exciting than them. That's how bad it gets.

If you choose to take offence to that, it's your problem.

-AC

Libertine
Well i KNOW that the libertine arent crap, so I KNOW that your opinion is ****ing worthless when it comes to my idea of a GOOD opinion.

Alpha Centauri
Fun this isn't it? Even though we're just basically going around in circles.

They are crap.

-AC

Libertine
No they arent... lol. Ok this is just making me laugh now.

Alpha Centauri
See, laughter for all.

-AC

slashwristbarbi
confused I'm confuesed......

I like the Libertines. I also like metal. Im a walking contradiction! lmao

Libertine
Yep, ok i have to admit some metal music is quite good, not really my thing but some of its alright, i mean i went to see iron maiden and enjoyed every minute of it. You hate the libertines and think (or 'know') they are shit, whatever i dont care. Lets just stop this madness before someone gets hurt. lol

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha.

"Gets hurt".

I'm the Hulk of musical debates. I've made my point.

-AC

Libertine
Er no you havent, and i only said get hurt for a joke.

Anyway im really bored with this repetitve argement thats getting no where, so theres no point anymore.

Red Superfly
I don't like The Libertines much either. Way over-rated in my opinion, but if anyone likes them I can sorta see why. Individually, I think the members are talented at what they do, but I just don't like the eventual "product" of their labours.

I've seen em live too, still didn't think much of them then either. It's just one of those things. Loads of my friends who are into the same stuff I am (Foo Fighters, Queens Of The Stone Age, Black Sabbath, Kasabian, Stone Roses etc etc) seem to love them. The thing is with The Libertines is that I think you either love em or really don't like them at all. When I heard them I didn't even know about the whole Pete controversy either. SOME people I know seem to think thats a good reason to like them, for me I just shrugged my shoulders and thought "I don't like their music, I dont care if their lead singer is a tool".

But yeah, back on subject - Fightstar I don't like either, so I also don't care who's in the band. I find the band crap.

Libertine
Fair enough.

Im glad you didnt ***** about the libertines and just rationally explained why you dont like them. I had never heard of Pete's life style when i first heard them and i still loved them. To be honest i was heart broken when i found out.

Anyway, at least you only hate fightstar for the music and didnt moan about how someone sold out and shit.

Alpha Centauri
I don't "hate" Fightstar. They are not worthy of my hate.

I dislike them because they make shit music, my (obviously missed) point was that it was always GOING to be shit with someone from Busted in it. Furthermore, when music is supposed to me the greatest conduit of honest expression, how can you trust a guy who claimed he was being honest only to say his record company pushed him around? You can't and I've got no respect for someone like that.

As for The Libertines, I've told you why I don't like them and it didn't matter.

-AC

Libertine
Yex ut he said it in a less patronising way.

And i really couldnt give a shit if i missed your point competly, cos your opinion to me is pointless so there isnt really point in repeating yourself or explaining yourself is there?

Alpha Centauri
It's only as patronising as you let it be. You took offense.

I'm not gonna say what I have to say in a pleasant way just to please you. You found offense where there was none to be found.

Well then if you don't give a shit that you missed my point, stop saying that I had a certain point of view. You don't know what my point of view is since you missed the point.

Child.

-AC

dan2k130221
fightstar are class ppl dow like them cuz of charlies voice but forget busted now

jaden101
Originally posted by dan2k130221
fightstar are class ppl dow like them cuz of charlies voice but forget busted now

no...people dont like them cause they're shite...

Red Superfly

Dude, you have Avril Lavigne in your sig........ What is your definition of "class?". I don't care who's in a band.

If I cared so much about who was in a band - I'd hate Guns and Roses because Axel Rose is a tool. I'd hate Oasis because Liam Gallagher is a scumbag. I'd hate The Libertines because Pete D is a wanker. I'd hate Black Sabbath because Ozzy created those loathsome mutant children of his. I'd hate Fightstar because Charlie from Busted was in it. All of that should totally irrelevant.

Some people seem to be so caught up with whos in a band these days rather than what they are making.

I'm not like that. I still love Guns and Roses, and I still love Nirvana, because I care about the songs they made. Same thing goes for Fightstar, I don't like them because I don't like music.

Anyway, one thing about Fightstar I quite like is the name, and er, that's about it I guess.

Deano

talkin out ya friggin ass dan mate

Red Superfly
Deano, that should be "arse", ahem.

Deano
sometimes i use both terms..depends

Libertine
Hello everyone, ok so people like fightstar for the music, and people hate them for the music. Good cos those people who hated them because of who was in it was really doing my head in.

Alpha Centauri
Missing the point.

With Charlie from Busted as one of the members, it was never gonna be anything good. Because he's a talentless, corporate little whore.

-AC

Libertine
Er didnt miss the point actually! Just cos you dont like Charlie doesnt mean i was talking about you on my previous thread. Not everything i say has something to do with you.

And this is what i think of your previous comment and probably all future comments. sleep

Alpha Centauri
Er didnt miss the point actually! Just cos you dont like Charlie doesnt mean i was talking about you on my previous thread. Not everything i say has something to do with you.

Has nothing to do with what you said, nor interpreting it as aimed at me. I just felt like commenting. I can keep catching you out at every turn if you want. Or you can quit now.

And this is what i think of your previous comment and probably all future comments. sleep

Lovely stuff.

-AC

Libertine
I wonder when fightstar will be releasing their new single. This next song for me will determine weather they are good enough for me to buy their album or that their first single was just a fluke on my behalf.

cool_dudes_rule
Im sick of all these people who hate fightstar just because one of them was in busted. It doesnt make a difference, fightstar do some pretty alright emo songs.

Im not really keen on emo to much but i like their new song. People say they dont deserve to be on Mtv2 or Kerrang just because of who's in it, forget about that and just listen to the music. i agree with you, fightstar are good. charlie is better in fightstar then busted.

Alpha Centauri
Saying that Charlie is better in Fightstar than Busted is like saying George Bush is better in Texas than in Office.

The only good thing about Fightstar is that they're not all over the place so I'm not forced to hear them talked about or discussed.

-AC

Libertine
well your not forced to come in here and give your opinion about them but you do...

Alpha Centauri
Point being? I'm not listening to them by posting here. You created the thread on Busted-core, not me.

-AC

Libertine
yes but i dont force you to come in here all of the time and talk about them

Alpha Centauri
All the time?

I replied after the thread had been buried.

-AC

Libertine
you really like looking for arguements dont you, i only meant that except for myself you really dominate the pages but anyway im not gonna complain your just making this thread more popular.

Alpha Centauri
Why are you taking offense? I'm not making anything more "popular". Stop fearing opinions, I'm not attacking you.

Calm down.

-AC

Rocker2005

Im not really keen on emo to much but i like their new song. People say they dont deserve to be on Mtv2 or Kerrang just because of who's in it, forget about that and just listen to the music.

Terrible band...nono

Libertine
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why are you taking offense? I'm not making anything more "popular". Stop fearing opinions, I'm not attacking you.

Calm down.

-AC

I am calm... dont make out that im angry you cant wouldnt know if i was angry are not by a post.

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by Rocker2005
Terrible band...nono how are they terrible band.

Libertine
I dont think fightstar are great... i think miss read my point i just thought that the people who hate fightstar just because of his old 'band' should try to be a bit more open minded, but if you dont like them because you think they are crap then fair enough. big grin

Alpha Centauri
If you wanna give ex-Busted a chance at putting more music out there, be my guest.

-AC

Rocker2005
Originally posted by cool_dudes_rule
how are they terrible band.

Cuz there POP! fear POP SUKS!!!!

Libertine
But u like bon jovi!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.