Bloc Party...tonight...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
seeing them at the liquid rooms tonight....COME ON... Happy Dance Happy Dance rock beer

Libertine
That is soooooooo not fair! I think i might cry with envy.

jaden101
will it annoy you even more knowing that i also have tickets for thirteen senses,willy mason,KT Tunstall and the kaiser chiefs also at the liquid rooms over the next few months

all free of charge...music is so much more beautiful when it dont cost a penny

big grin

Libertine
NOOOOOOOOO! Kaiser Cheifs are the best there in my opinion, except for bloc party of course.

Placebo_fan
*sings to self* oh my god i cant beleive it, i never been this far away from home. and oh my god i...*smacks into wall* ow.

jaden101
whats even more annoying still...is i have tickets for kaiser chiefs not just at the liquid room in edinburgh....but for the barrowlands in Glasgow as well

Libertine
i hate you!

Placebo_fan
libertine i still cant beleive you got invited to one of pete's parties! then you realised you lived over the hills and far away from them.

Libertine
Yep, terrible.

Df02
The NME/Gonzo brainwashing taken effect on u then stick out tongue

jaden101
go on then mr fountain of all musical knowledge...who do you suggest i go and see...

and no...i dont even read NME...i saw thirteen senses last year at T...saw KT Tunstall when she played the circuit in St Andrews a long time ago

and it was a couple of people i know that introduced me to kaiser chiefs and willy mason

i'll say this for NME though...its a hell of alot better than the rags that are Q music and kerrang...A HELL OF A LOT BETTER...

Deathblow
Everyone knows Kerrang sucks, never read NME or Q but from what I've heard they suck too.

Korri
I dont buy any magazines..

usually because im skint but thats besides the point embarrasment

Df02
actually i wasnt complaining about ur choice of gigs...i wudnt mind seeing Bloc Party or Kaiser Cheifs (not a huge fan, but both worth seeing).. altho i dont like Willy Mason or KT Tunstall.
All im saying it from your picks thread and this thread it looks like ur music taste have been plucked directly from the pages of NME. can be offended by that if u want... but if u r then it just shows ur insecurity in regards to ur own music taste.
confused

if ur an NME-esque music (cos lets face it, its a very indie-heavy magazine) fan tho, id suggest going to see Death From Above 1979, Moving Units, Rocket Science or The Postal Service...and Interpol are or were touring recently i think werent they? id like to see them again thumb up

EDIT: just checked, The Departure are touring too...i might actually get tix for that, thx for making me look thumb up haha

jaden101
sorry mate...looked like you were taking a dig...i've saw interpol and wasnt impressed though...just thought they had very little stage presence...i prefered "turn on the bright lights" to "antics" though..

i'll keep an eye out for the rest

but contrary to what it may seem...im not an NME follower in the slightest...i'll pick up a copy now and then to have a look but not very much lately

cheers for the recommendations though thumb up

Df02
yea, TotBL was better, but few of the songs on Antics i prefer...like Take you on a Cruise and Evil. over TotBL was better tho

jaden101
well...its over...it was superb...and im drunk beer Happy Dance rock thumb up

Libertine
Im glad you enjoyed it.

I read NME now and then i find it informative on new upcoming bands, and i read Q religiously, i think its really funny and have some interesting interviews and articles, but i dont influence my musical taste around it. I hate Kerrang though, its opinionated and its really for pre pubescent slipknot fans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.