Has anyones anticipation increased with each Prequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ccoo
Before TPM in March of 1999 I was just getting back into Star Wars, so I was cautious about the movie. I didn't know what to expect, so I definitely didn't have a feeling that, "I can't wait for this movie."

Before AOTC in March of 2002. I was beginning to get hyped, but still not, "I can't wait for this movie, either" I didn't read any spoilers, and was briefly following it through the magazines.

Present Day, March of 2005, I CANT WAIT! I have read all the spoilers and followed everything on the internet (I almost know too much of the movie) But I am counting the days for May 19!

Has anyone's anticipation of each movie increased? Do you think George Lucas planned this, so everyone will remember Episode III the most, thus ending the series on a high note?

Of course none of us have seen the movie yet, but I think Episode III is going to be awesome!!!!! And I grew as kid loving the Original Trilogy!

The Ones
i hated star wars in 1999. it was on the cereal packets of things you can collect (i thought queen amidala was evil) i hated it then my friend came over and he had episode 1 with him. he sat me in front of the tv and got me to watch it. I LOVED IT! though i only had 1 month to wait for episode 2 after that so i wasnt in too much distress. and episode 2 was wicked. then i saw the original trilogy and i couldnt get enough of the 5 star wars films and i had all the games by episode 2 came out and still collecting. have most of the books and here i am now. waiting for ROTS like my life depends on it. a hater to a lover. man im crazy.

PVS
wow...so you saw the films 1,2,4,5,6

weird

AmericanIdiot
Heck yea i love the new star wars films i like them better than the OT.

J-Unit
The first movie of the films i watched was Episode II Because My Little Brother Wanted To See It...I Still Dont Know How I Became A Star Wars Fan After That But STill I Was Interrested And Curious What Happened Before That So I Started To Watch The First Episode Of The PT...I Liked It To, But It Was To Childish...But Still Star Wars Got To My Brain And Was Stuck There And I Had To Watch The OT That I Loved So Much After I Watched Them And Now...After My 2 N A Half Years Long Waiting
Of ROTS I Am Even Now Freakin Excited About This Movie...Its The End Of The Beginning...And What Can I Say...I Love Star Wars Now Because Of My Brother's Interrest That First Began The Whole Thing For Me smile

Sith Master X
Right with you. thumb up

SithSpy
ive been a fan since b4 i can remember but the prequels did get me back in especially AOTC my fandom spiked with the rerelease of the OT in 97 or was it 96? and ep I i watched with lukewarm emotion but after i saw AOTC which ive seen probaly 50x's by now, I CANNOT wait for ROTS

vader519
Oh yeah, as we draw closer to the end, I just get more excitied about each film. This is it, the movie everyone has wanted to see fo years, now it is about two months away.

The Ones
79 DAYS!!!

EHmasterJedi
Excited? DUH! LOL, as far as people saying the Prequils are better than OT get a life LOL jezz E1 was pretty good but E2 was SLOW to say the least they could have made the love between padime and Anakin much better, plus Anakin came across as a cry baby TOTAL UNEXPECTED, E3 promises to be better maybe even better than one of the OT films but that would be hard, character interaction is MUCH better in OT.

SithSpy
yeah but i dont think that Ep.2 was as bad as everyone says Anakin was SUPPOSED to be a crybaby, hence the whole reason he goes to the darkside.......he cant stand to not get what he wants....and can you honestly say that 2 was slower than 4 i really dont think that it was, but thats my opinion

EHmasterJedi
Well it was the way GL portrayed him but i really just think they could have made him more arrogant and with a thurst for straight up power, i mean the love scenes might not have been bad if somthing could have actually happened durig that time like a assination attempt or somthing, that could have made them leave naboo and instead of JUST having dreams there would have been a interesting motivation. those scenes where deffinatly missing a certain SWs spice. it was more of a soap opera.

The Ones
WHAT? im a major hardcore star wars fan and i think episode 2 was brilliant. i think its better than E1, E4 and E6. im not sure about E5 but i think its equal to it. E2 is all about the forbidden love between anakin and padme and that the attachment he has to her is against the jedi order (leading to the dark side) and the clone war and the creation of the imperial troops. it had a great plot aswell. the only bit i didnt like was the end credits. that ruined the film for me sad

tlbauerle
My anticipation has declined each time...

I was a huge fan of the OT...I had a bunch of the toys, a lunchbox, coloring books...I mean...you name it. EMPIRE was the first one I saw, and the first film I saw in a movie theatre...it remains my favorite to date. It took me years to get all three movies taped off TV because they weren't aired that much. It was one of the best days of my young life when I finally owned my first trilogy set.

I was faithful through the dark years, watching the OT religiously...and when I heard about Zahn's book , Heir to the Empire...I anxiously looked forward to that for six months. I read all the books, loved Dark Empire when it came out...and got a subscription for the Insider.

I waited with baited breath when the special editions came out, and since I worked at a theatre I had the hook up with quite a bit of promo material. I saw each film several times...and loved it.

I went spoiler crazy for EPISODE I, and bought as much of the promo, toys, magazines as I could afford...well, more than I could afford. I read the book before hand, listened to the soundtrack like crazy...and saw it at midnight, and three times the next day. In total I saw it 17 times in the theatre. I loved EPISODE I because it was different than I expected, and couldn't wait til EPISODE II.

A few years later, just before EPISODE II, I did some growing up and sold all my toys. I looked forward to the new film, but not as much. I was excited about everything I heard, but was overall disappointed. The film was not as different as I had hoped. It seemed like George listened to fanboys and put everything in the film for them. The deathstar reference really pissed me off because it felt like he was reaching to pull the two trilogies together. I only watched it a few times in the theatre. It has never really been my favorite.

This film, therefore has quite a few expectations placed upon it. Yet I keep my excitement in check. I try not to geek out because it may not be as good as I hope. I'm still excited, but try not to be crazy.

SithSpy
I'm with you The Ones

The Ones
sad sad boy. ep 2 was the best of the saga being followed closly by ESB

Malic Clanorian
didnt think AOTC was THAT GREAT it was GOOD but not amazing..gave some foundation for Episode 3 but thats about it...i dont know why they called it clone wars becasue there wasnt much Clone War in the movie...by the time the movie ended the Clone Wars began..so i thought that was kinda weird..wasnt really impressed by the lightsaber duel scenes either..the yoda fight didnt impress me..im not a fan of special effects dueling i like the human on human stuff like episode 1 was...the OT was great...and Anakin is a crybaby because Luke is a cry baby..and lucas is showing connection in that..the two trilogies are alot alike but just at the end the choices were different...but Episode 3 should bring the great things from all other 5 movies into this one with a whole lotta darkness and sorrow as well wink

EHmasterJedi
In my oppinion if you take out the Lightsabers and names i couldnt even tell it was a Star Wars movie TOTAL LACK of action/adventure in the mid part of this film, Obi did sustain a small part but it just didnt out way the dragging on of the badly written shakespearian lines between Anakin and Padime, Quote "OOOO PLEEEESE PLEEEEESE LET ME GET IN YOUR PANTS!?!?!?!" was about all i got out of it, It should have been that Anakin was so strong, cunning, corangous and mighty that PADIME fell for him so deeply in love that it pulled him in (being that he already still had hidden feels for her) and thats how he got turned to the darkside he fell victum to her love which lead to a increasing conflict with the jedi order which later lead to him being thrown out of the order and feeling alone and dejected sout refuge from the Emperor. WOW NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE THERE COULD HAVE BEEN SOME ACTION/ADVENTURE IN THERE, can you say STAR WARS big grin , dont get me wrong im all about story im not saying that the only reason i like Star Wars films is for Lightsaber action and fighting BUT DAYUM Han and Leia fell in love and there wasnt ONE even slightly doring scene between them, it was much more natural, WOW im getting excited just thinking of how E2 could/should have been.

AND this is comming from a guy who was COMPLETLY spoiler free for E1 and E2 (i had no computer) so i was expecting just what GL lead me to believe from the first 4 and E2 wasnt IT by no means was completely the opposite character, the main reason why im excited about E3 is because he becomes evel and he may actualy show the reason why everyone calls him the chosen one because he shure hasent showed it to date.

theshakl
I love all the flicks! and dam these movies are great!

79 days!!! ahh! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Ushgarak
I think it is hard to deny that public anticipation can ever be as high as it was for TPM.

darthvinss
i'm waiting for this movie since 1983 so.... 3 months more to wait is not too big i think but.... I CANT WAAAAAAAAAAIT !!! big grin

The Ones
im going to book all the seats in the cinema on the midnight showing so i can watch it in peace.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.