which mutants are omega level??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormfront13
which mutants are omega level and which ones are just really expierenced with their powers and have become really powerful??

ScarletSpider
Most of The Twelve were Omega level. The ones I can think of off the top of my head

Jean Grey
Cable
X-Man
Magneto
Joseph
Cable
Iceman
Gambit--has omega potential
Josh--from New X-Men: Acadamy or whatever.

Not sure on these last few:
Iceman
Sunfire (and by extension Sunpyre)
Storm
Polaris
Living Monolith

There are more, I'm just having a hell of a time trying to find a good comprehensive list.

stormfront13
I'm almost positive that magneto and xavier told storm that she was omega. I don't know if this true but I heard that magneto told her that she was omega while he was asking her to leave the x-men. but i don't know about this

stormfront13
I am also pretty sure iceman is omega too

radioboy121
Azazel (Nightcrawler's father)
Kid Omega

stormfront13
whose kid omega??

radioboy121
He was the young telepathic mutant who was wreaking havok at the Xavier school. He was finally taken down by the combined abilities of the Stepford Cuckoos (at that time there were five of them).

stormfront13
oooh yeah I remember that. one of the cuckoos used cerebro and after that she died. yeah he was pretty powerful. every mutant that has gotten a secondary mutation, are they counted as omega

radioboy121
I do not know the list of secondary mutatations, but some mutant powers are just better than others. If Kylun's mutant powers was boosted up, I doubt he would be close to even Ruckus or Banshee's level.

stormfront13
what do you mean??

radioboy121
Even if a mutant goes through a secondary mutation doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will be omega level powerful. Callisto, Kylun, Caliban (if he wasn't changed by Apocalypse), Beast, Micromax, etc. (I'm just throwing random names) are not going to be that powerful.

stormfront13
oooh yeah ur right, but what was callistos secondary mutation??

ScarletSpider
She didn't have one per se, but she was mutated a bit by one of the Morlocks so she has weird tentacle arms.

I forgot about Kid Omega: otherwise known as Quentin Quire. He's back in Phoenix Endsong actually.

stormfront13
yeah she was mutated by masque but I was askin cause radio boy said so

radioboy121
No, the examples were referring to mutants whose powers wouldn't be that powerful to classify as Omega IF they were given a second mutation.

Well, Masque manipulation doesn't necessarily enhance a mutant power as say a Cortez. The tentacle arms was done on Jean Grey, while Banshee's mouth was removed during the Morlock encounter. Callisto was made beautiful and her other eye was restored.

stormfront13
ok i get it now

Zenith
Marvel and everyone else is continually hinting that Iceman is one of the most powerful mutants of all. When are we gonna see Bobby cut loose and show those hacks Cable, Magneto, Phoenix and Storm who is boss.

eleveninches
Prof. X
Cable
Nate
Jean
Madelyne
Rachel
Magneto
Joseph
Xorn 1
Xorn 2
Kid Omega
Gambit (potentially)
Shadow King
Apoc
Weapon XV
Fantomex (???)
Wanda Maximoff
Hyperstorm
Stryfe
Sinister (??? is he even a mutant???)
Cassandra Nova
Illyana Rasputin
Mikhail Rasputin
Holocaust
Legion
Proteus

Not sure about:
Polaris
Havok
Cyke
Deapdool (& agent X)
Cable's Son
Selene (black queen)
mastermind
Rogue

Arcane
and Elixir

Mana4X2
Professor X is Omega Level, isn't he?

stormfront13
storm is- magneto told her

radioboy121
Mr. Sinister isn't a mutant, but he was augmented with his abilities by Apocalypse I think in the 19th century.

Although Illyana was prized by Magneto who wanted to use her as a tool during his term with Hellfire, I don't think she's Omega (her other side of Darkchilde does not count as that was from the remanance during her time in Limbo).

Polaris during her wedding upset showed she is a definite power player. I think she's a good candidate as Omega.

Havok is a destructive powerhouse. I think he's more likely an Omega level than Cyclops.

Genesis, Cable's claimed son was a telepath that never truly amazed me. He was tougher looking while posing as Mr. Tolliver. I doubt he's an Omega.

Selene is definitely an Omega since the beginning. She has so much versatility, power, and control of her powers.

Normally a person lower than a telepath would not be considered a good candidate for Omega, but Mastermind has tricked a slew of X-Men post-Dark Phoenix rather easily on thinking of her resurrection (even tricked Wolverine's senses) and even greatly deceived Rachel/Phoenix thinking he's Franklin Richards. He's a definite good candidate.

Rogue possibly, but only on the term that she's capable of retaining the abilities she absorbs permanently.

Other names that come to mine are Gamemaster, Sienna Blaze, Jamie Braddock, Exile's Mimic, Exodus, and Meggan.

stormfront13
i think black queen is also- isn't iceman??

radioboy121
Possibly, but unless he's demonstrated large scale changes in more recent comics, my familiarity with him says he's not. Sure, he's harder to kill now and has far more control, but what exactly is the radius for his attacks? They are usually for shorter distances (or focused medium distance).

stormfront13
well magneto told storm that she was

pr1983
but would that(range) have a bearing on his mutation level? his power at close range is extremely effective, and he has so much control over his powers as they are now. if he isn't omega level i'd say he's pretty darn close...

And cyclops isn't?

stormfront13
yeah i'd say cyclops and havok are pretty even except it seems like havok can chanel more energy at once cause it comes out of his hands and it is easier for him

pr1983
actually cyclops is involuntary so its like a dam being burst when he opens his eyes... so its as much energy as he can channel...

when havok fires he fires full strength blasts, they are extremely powerful also...

radioboy121
Their attacks are far different and Havok's have been used as a source for the likes of the Living Monolith and Plasma. Cyclops is concussive, which although is strong, doesn't guarantee an Omega level (I think Omega usually referring to affecting large scale area).

pr1983
i'm not so sure, i mean elixir has an omega class healing ability... there's no particular area bar his own body...

and as for large scale area...

http://img49.exs.cx/img49/4946/untitledscanned199eg.th.jpg

radioboy121
I'm not familiar with Elixir and perhaps my interpretation is different on the term of Omega Level, but when I see Cyclops doing huge scale actions, he is usually doing this as an extension through another, such as Jean, Polaris, and Nightcrawler.

pr1983
im not 100% on the omega thing either...

what do you mean by extension?

eleveninches
What about captain britain?

Jimmy Buggs
what does omega mean?

pr1983
im not 100% on the omega thing either...

what do you mean by extension?

radioboy121
A character does a special feat when complimented with another. Example: Cyclops with Nightcrawler and Jean (actually, I think it may have been Phoenix) combined sent a group of godlings (I say godlings in reference to power not by proclaimed title) to the afterlife, or something like that (they were meant to die, but an accident occurred that had them stuck in a midbetween state).

Captain Britain is suppose to be the strongest of the dimensional Britain corps., but even then, unless he's gotten a recent power boost I would say no. During his time with Excalibur, I found his character the least inspiring. Strengthwise, Meggan seemed to do more than him.

I think it's in reference to being extremely high in one or a number of categories beyond the norm/average mutant of similar abilities, such as strength, telepathy, etc. For Selene, I also felt based on variety.

pr1983
ok... well as for wide range damage, cyclops has only (to my knowledge) removed his visor twice to use a maximum strength blast, and neither was extended by anyone else...

its just that (imo), he's too uptight and too controlled to really cut loose...

psycix
Magneto... he's really powerful...

DarkCrawler
Phoenix

Iceman

Elixir

Kid Omega

Xavier and Magneto are not omegas. There are limits to their powers. Most mutants that eleveninches listed are not omegas. X-Man and Cable maybe.

DarkCrawler
Prof. X (no, many limits to his powers)
Cable (Maybe)
Nate (Maybe)
Jean (Yes)
Madelyne(Is an clone of Jean, so yes)
Rachel (Probably, although doesn't seem as powerful as her mother)
Magneto (No)
Joseph (no)
Xorn 1 (?)
Xorn 2 (?)
Kid Omega (Yes)
Gambit (potentially, like you said)
Shadow King (No)
Apoc (No)
Weapon XV (No)
Fantomex (No)
Wanda Maximoff (No)
Hyperstorm (Yes)
Stryfe (Maybe)
Sinister (He is not an mutant)
Cassandra Nova (No)
Illyana Rasputin (No)
Mikhail Rasputin (No)
Holocaust (No)
Legion (Maybe)
Proteus (No)

Polaris (No)
Havok (No)
Cyke (No)
Deapdool (Deadpool is not an mutant)
Cable's Son (No)
Selene (No, needs to drain people if she wants to live)
mastermind (no)
Rogue (no)

Storm is probably an Omega.

eleveninches
So you think that magneto, joseph, proteus, xavier, cassandra, holocaust, weapon XV, apoc, shadow king are NOT omega level, but yet you think that iceman and storm ARE omega level. Iceman and storm are far less powerful than the ones I just mentioned

pr1983
holocaust isn't actually that powerful, in aoa blink handed him his ass and in onslaught the avengers took him and post at the same time...

as for the others i have no idea...

eleveninches
ok. But most of the others are quite powerful

pr1983
i know, i'd have xavier and magneto high up anyway...

ayjay
so basically...its ppl like cable, x-man, phoenix...watabout juggernaut?

stormfront13
storm IS omega!! xavier and magneto both told her. xavier told her that if she couldn't control her emotions then she would be very dangerous, and could destroy cities and crap like that. magneto once told her that she would make a great addition to his team because she was so powerful. they both told her at different times. and they actually used the words omega. I am looking for the comic numbers right now

pr1983
juggs aint a mutant as far as i know ajay...

stormfront13
he's not, but his crystal abilities left him so is he now??

pr1983
nope, just really big and strong...

stormfront13
k so who else is

pr1983
lots... too many to mention imo... there is no definitive list...

stormfront13
yeah I know storm is one but are iceman and magma omega??

pr1983
if storm is iceman is... dunno about magma...

stormfront13
well magma doesn't know the full potentiaal or her powers. she can create massive aerthquakes, control fire and magma(lava)

pr1983
i know her powers are quite powerful, but i don't know if she's reached that level yet...

stormfront13
I think with a little more training then she'll be ready

pr1983
eventually yeah...

stormfront13
Is crystal??

pr1983
who's crystal?

stormfront13
quicksilvers wife. she can control the elements- earth, wind, fire, and water

pr1983
oh... maybe... though she's not a mutant to my recollection...

stormfront13
oh yeah i think she's an inhuman

Jimmy Buggs
omega is BS becuse if prof x wanted to he could take out storm and ice man with a thought. storm is pretty strong but the person she is fighting would have to be weak anough to be beat by weather. and who ever ice man fights would have to be beatn by getting frozen or stabbed with an ice cicle. they are good with the team , but as a solo fighter they would get beat.

pr1983
iceman can freeze the blood in your veins... without touching you...

stormfront13
k jimmy ur wrong! storm is definitley omega! xavier and magneto both told her and I will try to find the comic numbers if you want. idk about iceman I only said I think he was. buy for ur info the weather can destroy entire cities and even countries. she is in the top five when it comes to the most powerful x-men. I am pretty sure she is three.

radioboy121
Being at Omega level doesn't mean strictly on the killing factor and the rock-scissor-paper philosophy is certaintly not a way on how to approach it. At a distance Magneto/Polaris, Gambit (potential), Iceman, Banshee/Siryn, telepaths in general, etc. can pretty much disable or even kill an opponent at a distance. However, that doesn't guarantee Omega.

stormfront13
wait, who are you talkin to??

radioboy121
Whoever is trying to justify Omega over another when pitting characters over another. Professor X could possibly kill Meggan with a thought. But then again, Meggan can destroy the whole planet if she wanted to. Does that mean Professor X is more powerful than the planet?

stormfront13
ok hen you are talkin to the jimmy guy

Jimmy Buggs
what exactly makes a mutant omega? is this something really out of the comics or is just something someone made up becuse they think some mutants are more powerful then others. sorry I havent read a comic in a couple years. If ice man cant turn back into his non frozen form would that make him weaker becuse he cant turn his power on and off?

eleveninches
laughing out loud
Seriously, storm is nowhere near being in the top 5 of most powerful x-men.

stormfront13
pr1983 said that she was and she is really powerful. where do you think she stands in the x-men

eleveninches
she might be decently powerful, but she is nowhere near the level of cable/magneto/xavier/joseph/shadow king/nate/jean etc.. (they are powerful on a much larger scale)

stormfront13
we are talkin about the x-men teams so take away magneto/xavier/joseph/shadow king/nate- we didn't add these people

radioboy121
The first time I remembering seeing this mentioned was during Kid Omega's havok on the mansion, where a number of students were referring to him at an Omega level telepath. Possibly the Stepford Cuckoos.

stormfront13
I think the cuckoos might be able to be omega with some more training

pr1983
i was talkin bog standard everyday team members, not including any of those bar maybe jean...

sorry for the mixup...

ayjay
who are the cuckoos?..are they those blonde gurls?

eleveninches
they are the 5 blonde girls, though at least one of the is dead.
I cant remember all of thier names.

stormfront13
two are dead- esme is dead and I can't remember the other ones name- but I think they will be omega

ayjay
are they telepaths?

eleveninches
sophie is dead as well.

eleveninches
Weapon plus:
weapon I: captain america
weapon X: Wolverine / X-23
weapon XII: Huntsman
weapon XIII: Fantomex
weapon XIV: STEPFORD COOKOOS (omega???)
weapon XV:Ultimatron (omega (???)

stepford cookoos:
esme (dead)
sophie (dead)
mindee
phoebe
celeste

DarkCrawler
No. They aren't. Xavier and Magneto have already reached their peak. Iceman and Storm both have potential to become more powerful then they are.

stormfront13
yeah but magneto and xavier both told storm she was omega

Jimmy Buggs
everyone has the potential to get better. even me and you

stormfront13
what do you mean?? we aren't mutants lol

apocalyptic
Is jean really omega level (with out the phoenix force). Her powers are very low form just guessing lol, she has telekenesis but how much weight can she lift with this, how much power can her force feilds hold and how powerful is she as a telepath. As you can see not that much knowledge in this topic. Cheers

pr1983
jean is an omega level telepath/telekinetic...

DarkCrawler
It is Jean's power to be able to use Phoenix Force...

apocalyptic
"jean is an omega level telepath/telekinetic."

How much can she hold via her telekenesis and how strong is her telepathy. If she is omega what about other telepaths, cheers.

stormfront13
I would like to think emma is omega but probably not

ayjay
is apocalypse omega?

DarkCrawler
Neither Emma or Apoc are Omegas...

stormfront13
i know she isn't but I would like her to be- she is one of the most powerful telepaths in the world at least

DarkCrawler
Yeah, she is.

stormfront13
and her diamond form just makes her more powerful- what is the class under omega??

DarkCrawler
Emma actually might be Omega...Isn't she able to exist even if her diamond form is shattered? She can't reform though...

hoorayforpeepee
is there some sort of official way to figure out if the omega thing actually exists, and if so who is one and what are the requirements?

stormfront13
i don't think there is

eleveninches
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Neither Emma or Apoc are Omegas...
I would have thought apoc was. He was the first mutant, and has massive powers, though is often underrated

stormfront13
i'm pretty sure selene was the first mutant

eleveninches
maybe. Apoc has lived for about 5000 years (but in all that time he hasnt succeeded in conquering the planet)
But surely, his celestial tech should make him at least omega

ayjay
see...that's what im thinking..he seems powerful enough to be this so called omega level

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by eleveninches

But surely, his celestial tech should make him at least omega

You hit the jackpot!

He uses Celestial tech! Without it, with his natural powers, he is not an Omega. eek!

stormfront13
how powerful is he with his natural powers

Mainstream
I think so

stormfront13
about what lol

Mainstream
lol? who?

stormfront13
you lol

ayjay
what are apocs natural powers?

stormfront13
i actually don't know but I think they are the same as he has now

ayjay
which is? ...sorry...dunno much about apoc..only that he pissed off alot of ppl

stormfront13
um telepathy and a shape shitter of his whole body meaning he can turn his hands into shields and crap like that. i think those are it

ayjay
o0o hahaha!!!...shape shitter...ahahaha...im sure it was a typo..but still funny ^__^

stormfront13
omg i'm srry i didn't even realize lol

ayjay
hahaha...it ah k...it would be a fun concept though....hehehehe

stormfront13
ha ha ha yeah it was- the best typo i ever did lol

Jimmy Buggs
hey i have that powrer too

stormfront13
lol you guys are great lol

ayjay
^__^..wo0o...i hope i was inlcuded in that statement Happy Dance

stormfront13
definitley can't forget you

ayjay
hehehe ...yaaay!

mmm...is cyclops an omega? or did he foreit his 'omeganess' when he got brain damage? and thus cant control his power

stormfront13
i don't thin he is omega just because he can't fully control it. if he could then imo he might be

pr1983
brain damage doesn't make a difference, his power is no less dangerous, but i'm not sure whether he's an omega...

stormfront13
all he has is a powerful optic blast.

ayjay
but is being omega level purely the potnetial power the possess, or is it a combination of the power they have and how effectively they can weild it?

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
all he has is a powerful optic blast.

all he has?

stormfront13
i don't actually know what makes a person omega

ayjay
Originally posted by pr1983
all he has?

hahaha....i swear this is like the 10th time i've seen someone post that same comment...and its like the 10th time i've seen pr post "ALL he has"

bwuahaha....omg..funny.....

pr1983
i'm used to it ayjay...

stormfront13
but it is basically the only he has isn't it or did he get a secondary mutation??

pr1983
secondary mutation? he doesn't need one, having a secondary mutation doesn't neccessarily make you any better...

ayjay
I think the point is, cyclops is uber powerful with 'only his optic blast'. I am a first hand witness

DarkCrawler
Cyclops is not an Omega mutant, but Alpha mutant.

Omega: Uber-Powerful

Alpha: Pretty powerful

Beta: Somewhat useless. (Or no, this includes psychical mutations, Wolverine, Beast and Angel are betas)

ayjay
o0o0o....that makes sense then

eleveninches
Originally posted by ayjay
what are apocs natural powers? He is a polymorph. Meaning that he can shape his body however he wants, and can create shields, weapons etc....
He also has vast telepathic abilities.

rougeredmage
i allways was giveing the impretion that APOC was an eternal because of the large amount of damage he can take and the face has survuuved dearth so many times.l..... does that mean that Eternals are clased can be classed as omega level mutants? if so then i think That Cannonball would defffantivley be omega class

oh and i though apocyses power was that he has strengh and the abilty to survive without food or water for long periods of time ( super stamnia/endurance) if he is a shapeshifter why carnt he make his own body powerfull enough to contain his energys.

oh and to be honest i dont think storm realy is that powerfull and i noticed early on in the thread history someone said that they didnt think sunfire was omega... i personaly disagreee with tht as i thought that he had a power equivilent to a thermo-nucular bomb shouldnt that make him omega?

i thought beta level mutants where just average mutants not exactly that crap just never been in the same league as the alphas.

also would the submarnier be classed as an omega level mutant as he is exceptionaly strong... to be honest i think he is the storongest mutant isnt he. physicaly atleast i know he can go toe to toe with the hulk so tht must be a sign of something good in hiz favour. the questiion is does him been atlantian help him? I( to be honest i dont think it does as they all seem wimpy... never been a submaniner comic fan so wouldnt know)

pr1983
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Cyclops is not an Omega mutant, but Alpha mutant.

Omega: Uber-Powerful

Alpha: Pretty powerful

Beta: Somewhat useless. (Or no, this includes psychical mutations, Wolverine, Beast and Angel are betas)

i agree... its his other qualities that make him great...

still though... i wonder how many characters can stand in front of him and take a full strength blast and emerge unscathed...

stormfront13
not reallu any-one- and to roguermage storm is omega, xavier and magneto both told her so

Jimmy Buggs
i would take healing factor over shooting stuff out of my eyes any day.

pr1983
most people would...

Jimmy Buggs
you look like a big cyke fan, would you?

stormfront13
i don't know i would want to control the weather more than anything- snowdays all year round!

pr1983
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
you look like a big cyke fan, would you?

if i was leading a mutant team of heroes then i'd want the optic blasts...

for normal day to day life, healing factor... never get ill... recover from any injury... pretty sweet...

stormfront13
yeah a healing factor woulod be a good advantage in a fiht

Jimmy Buggs
not to mention liveing for a few hundred years.

ayjay
hmm...yeeh..i dunno about the living or a hundred years bit.....i'd like the healing..but maayn....all my friends and stuff would die,...and i be a nigel.....

Paola
topic guys...

ayjay
sorry!!...is psylocke omega?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>