Rice postpones Canadian visit because of missile decision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
After the decision was made not to allow Americans to fire missles over Canada Bush responded that he's do it anyway. Then Rice picks up her ball and goes home because we don't like the missle plan? Excellent diplomatic skills, "If you don't let us do what we want, we won't talk to you"!

finti
the Canadian should get their own system that shot down any missile passing over their airspace, that would be an anoying itch into Bush`s groin or in his case that wrinkled bag of peas he got

KharmaDog
Bush wouldn't let it happen, he'd probably invade us.

finti
Just write im a letter saying Canada lies between Afghanistan and Pakistan and youre off the hook..........just dont seal the letter with a kiss eek!

KharmaDog
Well, we have lots of oil, maybe I knw he likes oil. And if we were between Afghanistan and Pakistan wouldn't that make us Canadistan?

finti
no you woyuld be "so where the fook is this coountry then"

Sadako of Girth
See... The Project For The New American Century strikes again.
Another example of exporting freedom/democracy to the world....
Diplomacy is no longer a word in Bush's very odd vocabulary...
(As for that ass-kissing/decievership tour of Europe....
Yeah like Bush DOES want anyone objecting to ANYTHING his organgrinder plans... )

Sadako of Girth
So a real-life sequel to "South Park:The Movie" looks one step closer to reality huh...?

I can see the tagline now....

"This time its not over swearing......."

manny321
i don't like Rice. SHe is bush's puppet. Atleast colin powell had the ability to say we made a mistake. Well kharma dog the liberals just put a heck of alot of money in defense, and if they sustain that, Canada could get back on its knees and would have preety good army.

Ushgarak
I dunno what people around here think diplomacy IS. People seem to be very naive.

This is diplomacy at its most basic level. If you take an action that pisses a country off, then it is expected that that country will be reluctant to press on with social engagements. Furthermore, there is an entire staff- an entire industry- behind this area, so to level the finger at Rice alone is ridiculous.

The Canadians knew what they were doing. If they wanted the meeting they would have waited until afterwards before making the announcement. This kind of thing happens every day. The amount you people are making out of this is ridiculous.

The ultimate impact will be zero; this is just another chapter in ordinary day-to-day country relations.

KharmaDog
Ushgarak, sorry to seem so naive and below your level of comprehension of world events and relations (yes that's sarcasm).

Apparently you regard my statements as a lack of awareness regarding diplomacy. I understand diplomacy, it's the Bush administration's techniques of diplomacy that I question.

The reoccurring theme between his administration's diplomacy towards Canada is "I'll talk and you'll listen, then I'll ignore what you say".

In regards to the facts that "there is an entire staff- an entire industry- behind this area" and "to level the finger at Rice alone is ridiculous" I disagree. Although many people are involved with such a decision, she is the person who holds the responsibility of the position thereby receiving accolades when that "entire staff/industry" attains success and conversely is admonished when that "entire staff/industry" fails

Sadako of Girth
OK. Then maybe i should have said "advanced" level diplomacy is not a word in Bush's administrations vocab then.
Naive...? Although I have to admit to being flippant about the "SouthPark" remark, I am definitely not naive.... Especially when it comes to the ambitions of certain organisations/methods behind whatever diplomancy was shown here. Its true here. Rice IS a puppet and yes Ush.. She IS just a fractional tip on a very, very large iceberg.
And yes it is a sad fact that stuff like this does happen everyday.
As sadly the attitude of particularly the US gov, as KD pointed out is pretty much "I'M doing the talking here, mister..." in general...

If war is an extension of failed diplomacy... Then you could assume from there track record that they fail at it a lot... And they count on the rest of the world having this notion already so every meeting has an undertone of "Weeeelll, you'd BETTER comply...'cause we feel we don't really have to bother...." Who they are right now ensures that negotiation comes with menaces.

Personally though I really don't think right now that the US could strategically or financially afford to invade Canada... They'll probably slag the Canadians of on telly and then illegally fire missles over their country.
But I think that if anyones naive, it would be the US automatically expecting Canada to automatically fall into place with their wishes regarding this thing without objection... But they aren't. Which sounds like knowing but not caring to me.....

ElvesRule24/7
She aint hot, I mean come on, ................. she's not hot!

Smasandian
Its funny considering Canadians were the leading nation in missile defense technology since the Cold War.

manny321
the prime minister wanted to join missel defence but he fas facing to much oppositition.

lil bitchiness
Its telling someone to ''go to hell'' in such way that they are looking forward to the trip, as that famous one liner said.

manny321
i doubt it would work anyways and there is very minor chance that a country would send a nuke at canada. Imo you can't blame the Prime minister Kharma Dog. He dosen't have majority support and if he did joimn he would lose support in Quebec and Ontario. Same about IRAQ or any other future war.

Sadako of Girth
laughing That one liner seems be the case here Lil...

KharmaDog
I wasn't blaming the prime minister for anything.

manny321
OH okay Canadians and Americans in General.

Fire
Ush is right tho when he said that Canada should have waited to announce its withdrawing from the missile shield program until AFTER Rice got there. every country would prolly have cancelled their coming just to make a statement. No bigy

it's like when the Iraq war started and Belgium refused to join the US. they also threatened to take away NATO HQ from Brussels (well actualy it is in Evere but that doesn't matter) We didn't join the war and guess what? it is still in Brussels

finti
Ush stated his opinion you aint in a position to say that is right way though, all you can do is agree with him not determin if it is the right move

manny321
well she is comming at the regular time. I heard it in CBC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.