Squall Leonhart & Seifer Almasy vs. Cloud Strife & Zidane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

Sorry I've been away for such a long time. One word: college. SOOOOO much work to do.

Draco69
sad

FallenArchAngel
Squall Lionheart is really cool, I like Cloud but he can sometimes be so annoying

Lord Ryugen
Despite my never ceasing hatred for Zidane (even worse than my hatred of Tidus by the way) I'll go with him and Cloud, since Seifer isn't that good a fighter and against the Omislash Squall's Lionheart is a sub-standered rip off

FallenArchAngel
"against the Omislash Squall's Lionheart is a sub-standered rip off"

True but Cloud is a bit of a Psychotic freak

Lord Ryugen
Added benifit. He'll go nuts and kill all of them. OMNISLASH ON EVERYONE HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

**ahem** anyway. I can't really see Seifer being any benifit to Squall, sure he's a strong fighter but let's face it his weapon is never upgraded and he only has one limit and it's not really that good. Against Zidane in his trance and weilding the Ultimate Weapon He'll fall really fast. Squall vs Cloud is good since he should be able to negate Clouds greater strength with the versitility of his Gunblade but once Seifer falls He'll be facing a two on one assualt. He can't win.

Draco69
Actually he has several limits. His last one was powerful enough to destroy Odin. It was like Yojimbo's Zan. attack. He split him in half with one swipe. (Disc 3)

And Squall's Lionheart attack is stronger than Cloud's Omnislash. The max possible damage for the Omnislash is 118,000. The max possible damage for 180,000.

Too bad Tidus could beat ALL of them with his 99,999 damage standard attack.

SaTsuJiN
this is an odd matchup.... cloud and zidane

Draco69
sad

You hert ma fweelings.

Anyway, it seems that most people are in favor of Cloud and Zidane.

Does anyone else notice that Final Fantasy IX is almost completely ignored by the general video gaming population?

SaTsuJiN
hmm I watched someone else play IX.. I didnt really pick up the controller.. I've been more into fighting games lately

Lord Ryugen
Yeah! Because it's the worst Final Fantasy out there.

Lord Ryugen
I did not know that. I thought Seifer was making a counter attack. My apologies it seems I underestimated him.

Are you sure the Lionheart is stronger than the Omnislash, They do the same damage and I could swear Cloud srikes more times.

Yes I know Tidus could beat them all, doesn't make him any less of a whiner though

FallenArchAngel
I think both Lionheart and Omnislash do roughly round about the same kind of damage, plus just coz omnislash is stronger that lionheart does not make cloud the better character and vice verser. There is more to a character then just their moves

Lord Ryugen
True but it does give him an advantage in combat. Remember Cloud will be much stronger than than Squall because of the weight of the sword he uses. The fact he can move quickly while weilding it is a testiment to his strength. He's also Mako enhanced and that also provides him an advantage in combat. Zidane (though I hate him) is the oppisite end of the spectrum and a good team mate for Cloud. Although his physical strength is the least of the four, I would say he's easily the fastest, and if he's using his daggers then I can see him making quick strikes against seifer and squall.

Seifer and Squall have the range advantage because their swords can concevibly double as guns. (They've never just shot at someone it's always during an attack). And they may be better at working as a team. But I've always seen Squall as Cloud-light, every thing Cloud could do just on a slightly smaller scale. I stick with my decision. Cloud and Zidane to win.

Lyra Rose
diddo

Maylien
squall and seifer would definetly win cloud and zidane are good fighters but the gun blades are class

FallenArchAngel
"True but it does give him an advantage in combat. Remember Cloud will be much stronger than than Squall because of the weight of the sword he uses. The fact he can move quickly while weilding it is a testiment to his strength. He's also Mako enhanced and that also provides him an advantage in combat. Zidane (though I hate him) is the oppisite end of the spectrum and a good team mate for Cloud. Although his physical strength is the least of the four, I would say he's easily the fastest, and if he's using his daggers then I can see him making quick strikes against seifer and squall.

Seifer and Squall have the range advantage because their swords can concevibly double as guns. (They've never just shot at someone it's always during an attack). And they may be better at working as a team. But I've always seen Squall as Cloud-light, every thing Cloud could do just on a slightly smaller scale. I stick with my decision. Cloud and Zidane to win"

But Squall has Rinoa and Edea at is disposal, Both of them are powerful Sorceresses that could kick Clouds and Zidanes asses

Lyra Rose
no arguements here

Maylien
yeah rinoa and edea wouldn't even needed help they could probably but them single handedly

Lord Ryugen
Hold on wasn't this just Squall and Seifer vs Cloud and Zidane, not Rinoa, Edea, Squall and Seifer vs Cloud and Zidane? I think theres a little bit of odds tipping going on here.

Lyra Rose
we were then we started to talk about who could help who

Maylien
cloud and zidane could get help too if they wanted but they would probably still lose depending on who helps them

FallenArchAngel
Hold on wasn't this just Squall and Seifer vs Cloud and Zidane, not Rinoa, Edea, Squall and Seifer vs Cloud and Zidane? I think theres a little bit of odds tipping going on here.

No one ever said anything about that, besides if Squall's there then the whole FF8 team is bound to be there, that goes for Cloud and zidanes team as well

Maylien
no matter who cloud and zidane get to help they will still lose cos the ff8 characters are better

Lyra Rose
way better but cloud has his up sides

Maylien
not many though

Draco69
Huh. I guess the scales tipped again.

And yes Squall's Lionheart is more powerful than Omnislash. A) because it hits 9999 damage for each hit no matter what B) because the Omnislash (even at max stats) does not hit max damage for every hit and C) don't forget the Renosuken attack. That adds at least 9 more hits. Plus with the Aura spell, Squall can do his limit break continuously.

radioboy121
Cloud is enhanced and is basically stronger than each of the three, but together, Squall and Seifer are stronger overall. I'm leaning towards Cloud and Zidane as Zidane is ridiculously too fast and agile than all of them and could do some damage to the other team, while Cloud puts in the finishing blow.

By game standards such as weapons and special attacks, I would go with Squall/Seifer, but it could be close as all are capable of doing 1 hit finishers with the right settings.

FallenArchAngel
Thats why squall and his team use a hero drink so then they can't be hurt

Lord Ryugen
I still think Cloud and Zidane will beat Squall and Seifer. Cloud's superior strength and heavier sword means he can gather so much momentum in a swing any defense Squall or Seifer try would be knocked away. Zidane on the other hand moves much faster than anyone else in the match. as long as he uses his daggers instead of the double ended sword he can use his greater speed and agility to get around Squall and Seifer's defense and make quick strikes that drain their strength over time. S and S are really more of an average team, faster than Cloud, stronger than Zidane but this means they have no specialized area which in my opinion makes them just vulnerable enough to lose

FallenArchAngel
but they are invinceble when they use a hero drink so no matter how good cloud an zidane are they can't do nothing

Lord Ryugen
Fine then. If they're allowed a hero drink then Aerith's allowed to come in and perform Great Gospel on Cloud and Zidane manking them invincible as well. stick out tongue

FallenArchAngel
But Aeris is dead, besides a hero drink lasts longer and can be used again and again, so squall and his team would easily win

Lord Ryugen
AH! But then Cloud uses his Remove spell from the Exit materia. ripping Squall and Seifer out of existance. No hero drink's stopping that. HAH!!

FallenArchAngel
well what if before squall uses hero drink he makes sure his health is low so he can use renzokuken as much as he wants he can also use meltdown do deal more damage

Lord Ryugen
Well what if before that Cloud casts Stop so they can't use their Limits or the hero drink.

FallenArchAngel
but they can also cast stop before that happened it just depends upon who has the first turn

Lord Ryugen
Ah but Cloud's using the Pre-emptive materia and Stop meaning he starts the battle doing it.

Draco69
Or Odin or Gigalamesh uses his Zanteskun at the beginning at the battle.

Seifer or Squall could easily have Stop junctioned to their status defense. Mine did anyway.

FallenArchAngel
"Ah but Cloud's using the Pre-emptive materia and Stop meaning he starts the battle doing it."

But stop could fail there is no garentee it would work everytime. PLus cloud would not be able to hit all of Squall and is team in that one turn.

Lord Ryugen
Well, erm, ah...what if..he...no that won't work. Erm well...give me a minute here.

FallenArchAngel
"Well, erm, ah...what if..he...no that won't work. Erm well...give me a minute here."

Ha see Squall and his team could kick Cloud's and Zidane's ass anyday of the week

Lord Ryugen
Hey I said give me a minute here miffed

FallenArchAngel
well it just seems that u are stumped, so do u except defeat?

Lord Ryugen
Never! There's a way to beat it I know there is. You'll see, I'll think of something.

FallenArchAngel
hmmm.....we shall see

Lord Ryugen
I know there's a materia I could use...it's support materia as well...but...ah I'll remember sooner or later.

FallenArchAngel
But there will also be some ability for Squall and his team to use as well so they will still be stuck in the same predicament.

Lord Ryugen
Well then this could go on forever (provided I ever remember the name of the damm materia)

Draco69
Final Revive?

Lionheart
i don't know why we have these arguments when we all know that the max in any ff game of teh character is always teh same 255 and that if they were all at 255 then the attacks that they execute would do little to no damage to each other but whatever but if you want to know who would win it would be squall and seifer due to teh heros and holy wars they carry you can't hurt someone who is invincible

ArthasKnight
Seifer was good enough to be Squall's rival, so saying that Seifer isn't a good fighter is a lie. He is damn good, just not better than Squall. Seifer and Squall paired up would be a tough fight for anyone, even Cloud's Omnislash. Zidane I can't speak for because I've never played whichever game he's in. From what I've seen (7+8), I'd have to say that Squall and Seifer win.

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Seifer was good enough to be Squall's rival, so saying that Seifer isn't a good fighter is a lie. He is damn good, just not better than Squall. Seifer and Squall paired up would be a tough fight for anyone, even Cloud's Omnislash. Zidane I can't speak for because I've never played whichever game he's in. From what I've seen (7+8), I'd have to say that Squall and Seifer win.

Alright I guess you're aiming this towards me Arthas, well I never said Seifer was a bad fighter and if it looked like that I apologise, what I meant was that at the time I thought he wasn't in the same league as the others. Squall, Cloud and Zidane are the main heroes, they have fighting skills up the wazoo. Seifer is a computer controlled fighter who you never really see much of. Each time you fight him he's beaten rather easily and until FallenArchAngel pointed out my mistake I thought he only had one Limit. On the fight though both Squall and Seifer are too average to win, they aren't as strong as Cloud of as fast as Zidane, this in my view puts them at a disadvantage.

FallenArchAngel
One thing how could Cloud be stronger than Squall, I mean sure he has a huge sword, but don't forget on one of Squall's limit breaks his sword goes so big that it pierces the sky and goes up into space, so if Squall can handle a sword that big it makes Cloud look like a whimpy prat with a fairly big sword

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Alright I guess you're aiming this towards me Arthas, well I never said Seifer was a bad fighter and if it looked like that I apologise, what I meant was that at the time I thought he wasn't in the same league as the others. Squall, Cloud and Zidane are the main heroes, they have fighting skills up the wazoo. Seifer is a computer controlled fighter who you never really see much of. Each time you fight him he's beaten rather easily and until FallenArchAngel pointed out my mistake I thought he only had one Limit. On the fight though both Squall and Seifer are too average to win, they aren't as strong as Cloud of as fast as Zidane, this in my view puts them at a disadvantage.

No, I still disagree. Seifer and Squall were at the top of their class at Balamb Garden; the elite, if you will. No one was better than the two of them. I don't think that any character in the game, except Squall and the sorceresses, are stronger than Seifer. The fact that he's defeated easily in the game doesn't prove anything because it's a game. I don't think it has too much bearing here. Besides, the AI isn't all that brilliant when controlling Seifer. So I think Seifer and Squall deserve much more credit than you're giving 'em.

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by FallenArchAngel
One thing how could Cloud be stronger than Squall, I mean sure he has a huge sword, but don't forget on one of Squall's limit breaks his sword goes so big that it pierces the sky and goes up into space, so if Squall can handle a sword that big it makes Cloud look like a whimpy prat with a fairly big sword

That sword was made out of energy which as far as I'm aware has no weight. I could be wrong about that but that's what I heard.

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
No, I still disagree. Seifer and Squall were at the top of their class at Balamb Garden; the elite, if you will. No one was better than the two of them. I don't think that any character in the game, except Squall and the sorceresses, are stronger than Seifer. The fact that he's defeated easily in the game doesn't prove anything because it's a game. I don't think it has too much bearing here. Besides, the AI isn't all that brilliant when controlling Seifer. So I think Seifer and Squall deserve much more credit than you're giving 'em.

I don't think you understand my point. Squall and Seifer were the best in Garden because they were superior fighters, not because they were stronger and faster than anybody but because they had incredible battle skills. Rajin has more physical power than Squall or Seifer because he has larger muscles. This doesn't make him better just stronger.

The reason I say Cloud and Zidane will win is because despite not having the same amount of training their skills are developed enough to make their physical attributes give them an edge. Cloud underwent the SOILDER process despite failing to get in, the Mako and J cells inside him increased his strength and speed to a point where he can swing his sword without suffering from fatigue. Zidane is an artificial being created on Terra, his speed and agility are incredible. Both fighters have more than enough skill to use this to their advantage.

And yes the AI on Seifer isn't great but name one fight where you seriously felt he was a challenge.

FallenArchAngel
Just coz he's apparently stronger it does not mean he can win, I mean no matter how strong Cloud is he won't be able to do nothing if Squall uses a Hero drink

Lord Ryugen
True but unlike a lot of fighters Cloud and Zidane have the experience to use their physical traits to a greater advantage. And isn't the Hero drink a bit of an unfair advantage? Really you might as well just tie C & Z up and throw their swords off a cliff.

ArthasKnight
Yeah, items really don't belong in here. Now, even if Cloud and Zidane have good speed/agility and stamina, won't in all be for nil if Squall and Seifer are as good in battle as you say? They'll be able to use their skills to counter C+Z's strategies and find a way to win.

Lord Ryugen
That's what I would say normaly, but C&Z are almost as skilled as S&S this in my view gives them the slight edge they need to win. I'm not saying that it'll be easy, They'll end the fight badly injured and one might end up dead (Zidane if there's a shred of justice) but I've got to think they'll win.

FallenArchAngel
"True but unlike a lot of fighters Cloud and Zidane have the experience to use their physical traits to a greater advantage. And isn't the Hero drink a bit of an unfair advantage? Really you might as well just tie C & Z up and throw their swords off a cliff."

But Isn't Final Revive an unfair advantage.

Lord Ryugen
I never gave them Final Revive.

FallenArchAngel
ueh but u said u could not think of the materia that could work well one of them is final revive

Lord Ryugen
Yeah but that won't get rid of Hero Drink, and besides at best it'll only work five times.

FallenArchAngel
u know we will probab;y keep going round in circles for ever more, coz there is always something that cloud can do to squall to make him win and vice verser, but its funny.

Lord Ryugen
True, we COULD do that or, and this is a big or, we could scrap the items and magic and let them duke it out with weapon and limit (or trance in Zidanes case)

FallenArchAngel
yeh, thats a better idea coz it would be a fair fight then

Lord Ryugen
yep, it also means we can find out who people think the best fighters are, which in my case is Cloud and Zidane.

FallenArchAngel
but zidane is so annoyoing

Lord Ryugen
I know...god help me I know!

AdventChild
Gunblades would most likely win...i love cloud and zidane but squall and seifer have this one....

moises
Well, we know that Squall was a high ranked fighter in Balamb Garden. We also know that Cloud was a low rank SOLDIER. However, it could be possible that being a high rank solider like Sephiroth was many times better than Balamb Gardens highest rank fighter and being a low rank SOLDIER was as equivalent if not better than them. I'll try to give an example of what I am trying to convey. Lets say that there is a high ranked fighter in a basic Karate school (Squall) and we put him with a LOW RANK 5th degree black belt Kung-Fu fighter (Cloud). Which will win? It's kind of obvious who. It could also be vice versa. I think we cannot really say who was overall better because neither games say which fighting style (Balamb or SOLDIER) was better overall.

Also to add on, we are putting Cloud and Zidane (both protagonist and the strongest in their games) against Squall (protagonist) and Seifer (non-protagonist) against eachother. I am just stating that tought as something to keep in mind. I'm not saying Cloud and Zidane are stonger than Squall and Seifer because then I would just be contradicting my theory in the first paragraph.

In my opinion, this is rather irrelevant.........but thats just me. I would be more than happy to be critiqued by my hypothesis

Sephiroth rules the outer world or something like that? lol

Lord Ryugen
Correction Moises Cloud never made it to SOLDIER, Every time he talked about it he was fusing his memories of Zack with hs past. Sephiroth far surpassess everyone on this thread but he's a non factor. And zidane is probably the weakest in the match. His strength lies in his speed.

AdventChild
Nice Ryugen.....

moises
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Correction Moises Cloud never made it to SOLDIER, Every time he talked about it he was fusing his memories of Zack with hs past. Sephiroth far surpassess everyone on this thread but he's a non factor. And zidane is probably the weakest in the match. His strength lies in his speed. and that's why you are on my buddy list cool

deafadda
i think squall and seifer would looooose badly even if they did the stop thing cluod could equip the mp-hp materia (swaps the mp and hp around) and final revive materia (i think thats what its called) so if he dies he gets raised from the dead whith full limit break again and use omni-slash over and over

zidane will unleash the trance and take quick hits (he is at least 2 times faster than squall and seifer) or use mimic and use omni-slash with his daggers he will not be able to stay alive as long as the others but with clouds enormous amout of mp he can use full life wen ever he wants

but in real circumstances zidane and cloud would win again zidane is so dam fast he could have a dagger in both there backs before they knew what hit em

leonheartmm
cloud and zidane take it, remember zidane is even stronger than trance kuja, only thing is he has to grow up to age 16{which he does at the end of the game}, and cloud is actually the better 1 out of sephirth and him

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by moises
and that's why you are on my buddy list cool

Who me?

Oh and Leonheart there is no way Cloud is superior to Sephiroth in any possible way. Aeriths prayer is what enabled him to win and in the final solo fight between them Seph had technically been destroyed twice and was already at deaths door. Not sure about the Zidane thing, remember you never beat Kuja his time expires.

AdventChild
Ryugen........

You're a genius...!

Lord Ryugen
Result of of spending three straight years play FF games. I'd advise against this by the way, you start to forget it's wrong to walk into other peoples houses and stealing their personal belongings.

Shin_akuma
Man I love this match up cloud will finally Fall to the best FF charector Squall lionheart HE HAS A GUNBLADE COME ON guns blades comeon it just looks badass and sounds bad ass Gunblade come on and the lionheart move COME ON Squall could take them both AT ONCE sorry people but I don't like cloud IS THERE ANYBODY WHO AGREES WITH ME that cloud is flooded with fanboys ? he doesn't have a persona all he has is that big asss sword which is by the way very cool and who ELSE agreees with me that kingdom hearts was infact LAME and that it disgraces squall I mean if you want that kind of rpg THEN GO BUY star ocean till the end of time That was a great rpg

Lord Ryugen
If Squall went up against Cloud and Zidane alone he'd be gutted, he can't match up against Cloud's Mako enhanced abilities or Zidane's superior speed and agility, he needs Seifer. Now in regard to the gunblade, well yes it's cool and easily the best weapon in this match but Squall and Seifer always hit their opponent with the blade before firing. They don't have any range advantage. However they do have the benefit of superior combat training, note that Cloud was a Shinra Guard who never made it into SOLDIER and Zidane was a thief. But in my opinion their training can't hold up against the superior abilities of Cloud and Zidane.

Oh and Shin, persona plays no part in a match, KH was not lame even if it did do a rather poor representation of the FF charactors, Cloud does have a lot of fanboys (of which I may be becoming one laughing out loud ) and Star Ocean was a great RPG.

Dizzle
And in their actual games, I liked Cloud a lot more than Squall...

Kingdom Hearts rules. Everyone just hates Walt Disney for his genius... I'd probly name it as one of the most underrated games evah. The FF characters were depowered cuz they were no longer the main characters, its Sora's job to beat the crap out of them. Also, the game is made to be more cheery and appeal to a wider audience than the typical FF game. Cloud is still way tougher than Squall in it though. Probly cuz he's more popular.

AdventChild
not a good match up.... seifer is an enemy... you should of done.... squall seifer...cloud and sephiroth.....

Lord Ryugen
Nah, Sephy would of taken down all three. And lets face it bar Seifer there's not another blade figther in the game who's worth anything.

Layden
my vote goes to Squall and Siefer and dont forget Squalls lionheat move

PRINCE XIZOR
cloud and zidane, cloud has 5 years combat exp from in the field, squall has lived millitary academy as has seifer, they probably take on a lot less as dangerous missions as they are little more than children, and zidanes very fast, true hes not as strong, but hes been made to look out for himself, and is pretty nifty with his daggers.

WAF3001
I just voted to make the polls even!

Lord Ryugen
Originally posted by PRINCE XIZOR
cloud and zidane, cloud has 5 years combat exp from in the field, squall has lived millitary academy as has seifer, they probably take on a lot less as dangerous missions as they are little more than children, and zidanes very fast, true hes not as strong, but hes been made to look out for himself, and is pretty nifty with his daggers.

Actually Cloud has more experience than that. He served in the Shinra Guard for a number of years. The 5 years you're thinking of is when he was wandering around halfway thinking he was Zack and doing mercinary jobs.

dvampire
I say it's a draw. thumb up

mindblower3425
I agree with dvampire, but Squalls lionheart does kick @$$, (Im not allowed to swear...) Cloud could easily counter with Omnislash, providied hes not on the floor in pieces. I hate cloud...

mindblower3425
doctor

Hooverman
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
this is an odd matchup.... cloud and zidane
i know should'nt it be cloud and sephiroth

Dizzle
Except that Seph could take Cloud, Squall, and Seifer at the same time... Zidane actually does throw some cool balance in as a very very fast character.

Pyron_is_God
Cloud beats Squall and Zidane beats Seifer I think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.