Astonishing X-Men vs. New Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Line Up:

Astonishing X-Men -

Cyclops
Wolverine
The White Queen
Kitty Pryde
Colossus
Beast

New Avengers -

Captain America
Spider-Man
Luke Cage
Daredevil
Spider-Woman
Iron Man

(NO SENTRY! GOTTA MAKE IT FAIR)

Alpha Centauri
I say New Avengers.

Capt, Spidey, Daredevil, Iron-Man.

All capable of taking out alot of the X-Men you've picked on their own.

-AC

stormfront13
i like the x-men better but I say avengers

Draco69
What about Emma's telepathy though?

stormfront13
yeah ur right, can't she jjst ind wipe them all/?

Alpha Centauri
Jesus.

Get an opinion for crying out loud. Whoever says something you agree with them. Really annoying.

Well Emma is either telepathic or Diamond hard. So someone can injure her and take her out while she's manipulating a guy. Either that or she remains undamageable but also rather inconsequencial.

-AC

stormfront13
whats wrong with agreeing

jinzin
whoever wins, wolverine wins, isn't he technically on both teams? lol.

stormfront13
uuh lol yeah he is supposed to be

Draco69
Actually Emma seems to have gotten rid of that weakness. She's been shown many times using her telepathy even though she is in her diamond form.

Most recently was in Astonishing X-Men #4 where she mindwiped three soldiers even though she was diamond hard.

Draco69
Crap! I forgot him.

Anyway, if it came to choosing which team to be on, I'm absolutely certain he would choose the X-Men.

Alpha Centauri
Nothing is wrong with agreeing but you don't have an opinion of your own.

You just jump on whatever someone says.

Let the X-Men have Wolverine and just do Sentry Vs The X-Men. Easier.

-AC

Draco69
No Sentry. Sentry could whup the FF4, X-Men, Avengers all by his lonesome. It would be completely unfair.

stormfront13
who is sentry?? and a lot of people agree with other people

jinzin
have you guys ever heards of newgrounds.com?
they have home-made cartoons there. If you search well enough you'll stumble onto a couple of one about the x-men. They are so damned hilarious, in one cyclops is dividing the x-men into several teams and wolverine's in all three of them, great stuff go check it out.

Alpha Centauri
"who is sentry?? and a lot of people agree with other people"

He's a comic character.

Surprising what you'll discover in comics OTHER than X-Men. It's a scary world but check it out.

-AC

Draco69
He stalemated Galactus. That's all you need to know.

stormfront13
ooh then couldn't he beat everyone there??

Draco69
He could definitely beat them all. That's precisely why he's not in this thread.

stormfront13
it wouldn't make any sense to have him here

Alpha Centauri
Stormfront, read some comics other than X-Men then, maybe then you'll grow up and will be able to talk about other characters sensibly here, with an opinion of your own.

-AC

Sentry

stormfront13
i read comics besides x-men and I can have a reasonable opinion!! why are you hassling me cause I like storm and the x-men better than anyone else??

theflyxx
Even without Sentry, the New Avengers take this one.

Alpha Centauri
" read comics besides x-men and I can have a reasonable opinion!! why are you hassling me cause I like storm and the x-men better than anyone else??"

Because you let that get in the way of the FACT that they aren't all that.

-AC

Draco69
For the love of God, keep your feud in the Storm vs. Doom thread. Don't pollute this one. That goes to both of you.

stormfront13
ok ur right- I still say the x-men because of emma, the x-men have a telepath and the avengers don't

Draco69
Good Point

Alpha Centauri
She can't control them all.

-AC

Draco69
Says who? She's one of the most powerful telepaths in the world. The only people who could possibly resist her is Luke Cage (experience with the Purple Man) and Captain America.

jinzin
yeah she's hardcore.

unless, kitty gets threatened, wolverine will just wait on the sidelines and watch until there's a victor than join the winning team.

stormfront13
she doesn't have to control them, she can just mind wipe them

Alpha Centauri
"She's one of the most powerful telepaths in the world. The only people who could possibly resist her is Luke Cage (experience with the Purple Man) and Captain America."

So only a nutter and someone who hasn't lost since 1967?

Sounds about right.

-AC

stormfront13
if the avengers don't have a strong telepath then they lose it is as simple than that

Alpha Centauri
Well if they get someone who is a pointless advantage, Avengers get Sentry.

-AC

stormfront13
no they don't!! he's not on this thread!!

Draco69
No Sentry! For the last time!

And Iron Man may or may not have psi scramblers. Emma encountered a host of soldiers with them so I'm guessing the most technological guy on Earth has to have one.

Alpha Centauri
Why isn't he?

Coz he's an advantage. If you're just gonna say "Emma can mindwipe. All over" no point having her is there? Coz I can say "Sentry can batter them all. All over."

If they get Emma, Avengers should get Sentry. Or replace Emma with someone realistic.

-AC

stormfront13
who would you want

theflyxx
Tony Stark did modify his helmet to protect himself from psi attacks.

Iron Man won't be susceptible to Emma.

Draco69
Repost!

Iron Man may or may not have psi scramblers. Emma encountered a host of soldiers with them so I'm guessing the most technological guy on Earth has to have one.

stormfront13
AC wants emma to be replaced, is this really goin to happen??

Draco69
No. The Avengers have Iron Man who is a very big powerhouse. The teams are pretty even.

stormfront13
well tell him that

Alpha Centauri
How can the teams be even if you both seem to think Emma can wipe them all out in one swoop?

Hmm?

-AC

stormfront13
because someone can attack her before she does- she doesn't go into a fight and automatically mind wipe them

Alpha Centauri
"because someone can attack her before she does- she doesn't go into a fight and automatically mind wipe them"

Well then why, when I suggested that someone could attack her, it got brought up that she could just mind wipe them all?

Stop contradicting yourself.

-AC

stormfront13
was I the one that brought that up, well if I was then i'm sorry- if the fights to hard and the x-men end up losing then she will mind wipe them. if cyclops gets hurt then she will prolly mindwipe them thats all i'm saying

Draco69
Emma probably wouldn't resort to mindwiping at first. However she has little to no moral qualms. If Scott gets hurt in any way than the New Avengers better watch out.

stormfront13
yeah thats what I said so we're both right

Alpha Centauri
Or....OR!

It won't matter if he gets hurt or not because they might take her out first.

See? I can do that too.

-AC

stormfront13
either way cyclops won't let emma get hurt and emma won't let scott get hurt- if emma sees them coming at he then she will prolly go diamond

Alpha Centauri
"either way cyclops won't let emma get hurt and emma won't let scott get hurt- if emma sees them coming at he then she will prolly go diamond"

A) Look at the Avengers team. Not "letting" each other get hurt? They don't have a choice. They're cruising for a bruising by going at the Avengers.

B) Then she can't use telepathy fully. In which case, total mindwipe is outta the question.

-AC

Draco69
Actually Emma seems to have gotten rid of that weakness. She's been shown many times using her telepathy even though she is in her diamond form.

Most recently was in Astonishing X-Men #4 where she mindwiped three soldiers even though she was diamond hard.

Alpha Centauri
Mind wiping 3 soldiers with feeble mind is different than attempting it on the Avengers.

One of which is Captain America.

-AC

Draco69
I already said that Captain America would probably withstand a mind attack by Emma Frost. A mindwipe is another issue.

The rest of the Avengers would not be so resilent to Emma's psypowers.

Iron Man is iffy since I don't know if he has psi-buffers. He SHOULD.

stormfront13
even if emma can't do telepathy in diamond form she can go out of it. she will prolly call for scotts help then he will shoot randomly at her while she runs away get out of diamond form then do her telepathy thing

Alpha Centauri
"I already said that Captain America would probably withstand a mind attack by Emma Frost. A mindwipe is another issue. The rest of the Avengers would not be so resilent to Emma's psypowers. Iron Man is iffy since I don't know if he has psi-buffers. He SHOULD."

A mindwipe is a mind attack.

Iron-Man and Captain America, take Emma out of the game and then what? I know who I'm picking.

-AC

Zahit
This fight depends entirely on Iron Man. If he has no psi-scramblers,
Emma could theoretically take them all down. If he has them,
the X-men are toast.

Alpha Centauri
He more than likely will have, as stated.

-AC

theflyxx
Iron Man DOES have psi buffers in his helmet.

Draco69
Exactly he's the richest man in the world. He MUST have some sort of psi-scramblers. Either way Iron Man would be the deciding factor. The rest of the New Avengers are likely to go down, then it would be Iron Man left standing.

Draco69
Hey, don't forget Kitty Pryde! She took Iron Man down before just by phasing through him.

stormfront13
k then emma can take everyone out but iron man- then its all the x-men against iron man i say iron man

Alpha Centauri
Lets not overlook that the X-Men line up in this thread are mainly nobodies to the Avengers.

-AC

Draco69
Nobodies?

Luke Cage and Spider-Woman and the Sentry?

Ten to one most people have never heard of these three.

Alpha Centauri
So?

Doesn't change the fact that in a combat situation, those X-Men and indeed most X-Men, would be nobodies to alot of teams.

-AC

Draco69
That's your opinion. Which has nothing to do with this battle.

Alpha Centauri
Considering the two teams I commented on are fighting each other...

...I'd say it does.

Regardless, I think the New Avengers win.

-AC

Draco69
Wait a minute, your opinion that the X-Men are nobodies has factual basis on the outcome of this fight?

... I'd say it doesn't

It's a close call in my opinion. Since Bendis &%^ed up the Avengers they are very underpowered now. They'll probably need the Sentry to handle all of their problems.

Alpha Centauri
"Wait a minute, your opinion that the X-Men are nobodies has factual basis on the outcome of this fight?

... I'd say it doesn't"

Seeing as my opinion was based on fighting skill, I'd say it does. That's my opinion, I never said it had an effect on the outcome. You said it had nothing to do with the battle.

-AC

stormfront13
k as soon as kitty sees that iron's suit is mechanical which is pretty obvious just by lookin at it she will phase through him rendering his armor usless. thiss gives emma the oppurtunity to mind wipe them all. the x-men win easily. even if this doesn't happen then the x-men will still prolly win.

Alpha Centauri
"k as soon as kitty sees that iron's suit is mechanical which is pretty obvious just by lookin at it she will phase through him rendering his armor usless. thiss gives emma the oppurtunity to mind wipe them all. the x-men win easily. even if this doesn't happen then the x-men will still prolly win."

Hahaha she's a kid. One unibeam to the face and she's dead. Any ONE of the Avengers are more than capable of killing her. She's nothing.

The X-Men aren't winning this. Iron-Man will ruin any chance of psychic attack as he has psi-scramblers. Captain America is immune anyway. One of them will take out Emma, preferably Iron-Man.

Captain America can take out any one of those X-Men anyway. Then throw in Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Daredevil etc.

It's a win for the Avengers.

-AC

stormfront13
no noe can hurt kitty while shes phased!!! she can sneak up behind iron and walk through him, this renders his armor and defenses useless, which gives emma the oppurtunity to take him out. if cap is the last one standing of the avengers then colossus can take him mout.

Alpha Centauri
"no noe can hurt kitty while shes phased!!! she can sneak up behind iron and walk through him, this renders his armor and defenses useless, which gives emma the oppurtunity to take him out. if cap is the last one standing of the avengers then colossus can take him mout."

Why are you still here? More to the point, why are you posting what you want to happen?

Do you know who Captain America is? He hasn't lost in years, he certainly isn't going down to an X-Man, so forget it.

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat/AlleyCat whatever you want to call her, is of no consequence (that means she doesn't matter). Iron-Man already knows what she's capable of. She doesn't turn invisible, she just becomes able to walk through walls. Iron-Man will just avoid her.

The longer she survives the worse, because then when her buddies get beaten. It's her Vs The Avengers.

X-Men won't win this.

.......but we know you're never gonna admit that.

-AC

stormfront13
would you stop being so stupid about the way I post!!! it's called giving my opinion. the x-men will know what kitty will be able to do which means they will try giving her tha chance to get to ironman. white queen will be able to take down everyone who will be affected by her telepathy, and this leaves cap. america and ironman. if kitty gets to ironman then he's out, giving emma the chance to get him outa the fight. then its Cyclops, Wolverine, The White Queen, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and Beast against cap. america, who wins here??

Alpha Centauri
"white queen will be able to take down everyone who will be affected by her telepathy"

No she won't. Iron-Man has psi-scramblers.

" and this leaves cap. america and ironman. if kitty gets to ironman then he's out,"

Yeah, coz she can fly too right? No she can't.

"then its Cyclops, Wolverine, The White Queen, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, and Beast against cap. america, who wins here??"

Why are you making it seem like fact that this will happen? It's not going to. Stop saying Emma will mindwipe everyone. She's nothing when Iron-Man has his psi-scramblers, which is always.

Kitty will do nothing to Iron-Man, he can fly, she can't. He can hit all the X-Men without being touched. Captain America can outfight almost all of them, he also has his shield.

Are we forgetting that Spider-Man, one of the strongest in the fight, is an Avenger? Luke Cage? Daredevil? Spider-WOMAN?

Do you even know who these people are? They outmatch and outpower the X-Men.

-AC

stormfront13
k first of all I said that her telepathy will affect everyone THAT IT CAN!! this means that ironman and cap are left. kitty can also walk on air and even if she can't catch him then she can go under ground hear the center of the earth and this will propell her in the air very quickly, and yes this has been proven. if she gets one touch on him then his suit is useless leavina emma to be able to take him out. caps shield has been proken before. besides even if they are better fighters they will still beat one man.

ScarletSpider
Iron Man can take out Emma, because of his psi-scramblers.

Kitty is vulnerable to certain energy blasts while phased. I'm sure Tony can whip up something to scramble her a bit, or Jessica Drew could do it.

Colossus after that is the biggest threat, because of his retardedly awesome endurance and strength. Iron Man could probably do something to him, as he's quite strong, and has a buttload of gadgets too.

Wolverine would be all like "I'm dumb!" Daredevil would be all like "nerve pinch!" Wolvy would be all like "Crapz0rz"

Cyclops would take an indestructable shield to the face and go down.

Beast would be like "**** this, I'm a reserve, and I'd rather be an Avenger than an X-Man. Heck, I'd still be an Avenger if it wasn't for those pricks in the X-Office at Mavel. Damn you Claremont! So do we get Hawaiian Friday's at the Avengers Tower, Mr. Bendis?" END.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly Scarlet O' Hara.

The Avengers are just too much.

Stormfront, give it up.

-AC

ScarletSpider
I am neither a character from Gone With the Wind, nor a delicious alcoholic cocktail, but thanks.

Alpha Centauri
Frankly my friend...I don't givva damn.

(Joking).

-AC

cray z 4 sarah
im not sure who this fight would go to but i think that everyone here is underestimating the x-men i think it would be a much greater fight than u guys are making it out to be

Alpha Centauri
Nah, we're all pretty much on point when we say the X-Men are done for.

Thanks for contributing though.

-AC

hoorayforpeepee
don't underestimate cyclops and colossus. colossus got butcher and so did cyclops...just see astonishing 8.

DarkCrawler
I think that the New Avengers win.

bitca730
Luke Cage can be harmed by armor piercing bullets & adamantium weapons (i.e. 3 claws attached to each hand of a very violent and popular character)
Spider-Man's strength, reflexes, & spidey sense will help him out of course, but with the Beast's recent upgrades I think he could give him some trouble (they are at least on the same agility chart now). Also when the X-Men fought the Danger Room robot, Beast stated that when faced with psychics to act on instinct and I think this could counter the Spidey sense to some effect (slightly at least).
Daredevil can be quickly and easily disposed of by Cyclops...
Spider-Woman can be put up against Shadowcat in h2h which may result in a win for her, but add in the phasing factor and I think Kitty would come out on top.
Colossus against Captain America would toss the shield aside and make an example out of him.
Thats one way of looking at it I suppose, but:
Iron Man...Emma Frost. They are the two variables, but it is likely that Emma would attack using her mind first and foremost therefor eliminating the Spiders, the Devil, and Luke Cage. By doing this, she then allows her teammates free range for the Captain & Iron Man. Colossus can then just as easily perform another "fastball special" with Shadowcat to take out Iron Man, assuming his airborne...
>>>Thats how I'm viewing the battle & for future notice please learn and remember that any & all X-Men characters always come out on top<<<Just my opinions.

xmarksthespot
Ninjas>NA....

Anyway. Emma Frost alone can take out multiple New Avengers. Someone give me a legitimate excuse for Captain America being able to resist his mind being controlled or being mindblasted the crap out of. That's basically 5 down.

Kitty Pryde is also incredibly dangerous if she isn't bound by CIS. Phasing through electronics shorts them out, and she can kill you by simply taking out things you need to live. She's survived by phasing at the epicentre of a nuclear explosion and more recently the Mega-Sentinel's city levelling energy blast. So is Iron Man really going to hurt her? I don't know....

I'd lean towards the X-Men winning more often than not.

Creshosk
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/219810 http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/251383

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Why isn't he?

Coz he's an advantage. If you're just gonna say "Emma can mindwipe. All over" no point having her is there? Coz I can say "Sentry can batter them all. All over."

If they get Emma, Avengers should get Sentry. Or replace Emma with someone realistic.

-AC Wow the air conditioner has always been bitter hasn't it?

It's broken and just blows hot air all the time I guess.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"no noe can hurt kitty while shes phased!!! she can sneak up behind iron and walk through him, this renders his armor and defenses useless, which gives emma the oppurtunity to take him out. if cap is the last one standing of the avengers then colossus can take him mout."

Why are you still here? More to the point, why are you posting what you want to happen?

Do you know who Captain America is? He hasn't lost in years, he certainly isn't going down to an X-Man, so forget it.

Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat/AlleyCat whatever you want to call her, is of no consequence (that means she doesn't matter). Iron-Man already knows what she's capable of. She doesn't turn invisible, she just becomes able to walk through walls. Iron-Man will just avoid her.

The longer she survives the worse, because then when her buddies get beaten. It's her Vs The Avengers.

X-Men won't win this.

.......but we know you're never gonna admit that.

-AC Wow, that's quite a hypocritical post. . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.