Dr. Strange vs. Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Discuss.

Hal Jordan by the way.

Draco69
up

seaapple
I think that this is a very good battle. I think it would be difficult and would take a lot of ingenuity by whoever wins that battle. It is not going to be decided by powere alone.

I think that in the end I might give it to Dr. Strange. He can travel to different dimensions, consult ancient texts, and in the end might have the flexibility to find just exactly what is necessary to defeat Hal Jordan. Green Lantern has a chance because of his raw power, and the flexibility in the ways he can use the rings. Still, I think the fact that Dr. Strange can teleport away and is a more cerebral hero with his power will allow him to triumph. In terms of sheer power Green Lantern could take it, but Dr. Strange's finesse and knowledge should triumph.

Scoobless
doc strange could do what seaapple said and find out about GL's and use the yellow weakness to take him down........ ie: a giant yellow anvil or piano dropped from a balcony

Draco69
Green Lantern's ring is no longer vulnerable to yellow.

Read Rebirth.

Scoobless
i thought you meant early hal jordan.......... pre-parralax

Draco69
Nope. Hal's back.

Never
Dr. Strange.

Simple incantation.

I bet even Spiral would give Green Lantern fits.

My God, Prometheus used a strobe effect that made it incredibly difficult for GL (isn't Kyle supposed to be "better" (<--- notice the QUOTATION MARKS) than Hal anyway? ) to even form coherent thought.

No coherent thought, no ring.

Draco69
???? What Simple incantation?

GL faced down hundreds of magical foes that would make Dr. Strange quiver.

This is a very close fight.

Draco69
It was a neural dampner. Prometheus caught Kyle off guard. It was supposed to be a press conference for god's sake.

Never
LoL, name 10. And if he fought "hundreds of magical foes that would make Dr. Strange QUIVER," how is it even a "close fight?" Heh.

Caught off-guard? That's an excuse.

Draco69
Okay.

Mister Mxyzptlk
Dr. Fate
Neron
Spectre
Abra Cadbra
Ares
Cerise
Morgan Le Fay
Mordu
Etrigan (Jason Blood)

Draco69
A very good excuse. Unless Dr. Strange has a neural dampner than it won't work. Especially with Hal ready to face him and his ring protecting him.

You don't have much knowledge about GL do you?

Scoobless
strange is no punk, he can take a good fight to anyone (i'm not going to try to remember the names of the spells he uses as i think the majority are made up by the writeer while stoned) he can fight on many levels, physical, energy, psychically, drag hal onto the astral plane....... i think he's too much for any single GL to handle

Draco69
I agree. I think they both have an equal chance of winning.

Never
Heh, nice try.

Re: possessing a "neural dampener," is that not technological?

Strange is a SORCERER. He won't need a "neural dampener" to pull the same stunt.

And again, if GL has fought "hundreds of magical foes that would make Dr. Strange QUIVER," then how is it a close fight?

Zahit
laughing laughing

To name a few.....
The Crimson Bands of Cytorakk.
The Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth.
The Flames of the Faltine.
The Twelve Moons of Munnopor.
The Vapors of the Vishanti.
The Seven Rings of Raggadorr.
The Pungent Weeds of Chong.

By the shades of the Seraphim --
in the name of the All-Seeing Agamotto --
I dispatch thee to -- the domain
of the Dread Dormammu!!!

Draco69
Thank you. It was a good effort wasn't it? Good Lord, do you even know half the people on the list.? Probably not.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Once again, for the mentally impaired, Prometheus caught Kyle off guard. His ring was not actively protecting him. Hal is on guard and his ring just so happens to be protecting him.

First things first: GL KNOWS the magical foes he's faced. His ring also devised strategies to counteract them.

GL does not know Dr. Strange. Dr. Strange is from another universe. It would be a close fight because a) GL lacks prior knowledge of his opponent and b) Dr. Strange would not hold back.

All in all, the outcome would rely on luck and fate. It would be close.

Sarcasm just belittles you in the eyes of the people of this forum. A little advice.

Never
Am aware of all of the people in that list, hence my saying "nice try."

Are you an idiot? Probably.

Not nice to assume, now is it?

I sincerely doubt if any "mentally impaired" individuals read the forum much less navigate the internet, much less read comic books.

So what he caught him off-guard. Excuses. He is not supposed to be "off-guard," and heroes always have contingency plans. Just so happens that Prometheus' attack trumped any counterattack he could muster forth.

As far as being aware of the magical foes he's faced, um, has he faced any Marvel magical foes? Are the sources of magic identical? Haha, so many variables -- but GL has them all covered when he has zero experience against a Marvel magical foe, right?

And again, he's fought HUNDREDS of magical foes that would make "Dr. Strange quiver," so apparently this is no contest.

I'll employ a little telepathy and let you know where you can shove your "advice." LoL @ ending a post with advice that one fails to follow themselves, not to mention that said "antagonist" failed to use an ounce of sarcasm in any of the previous responses.

Draco69
My oh my, easily offended aren't you? I knew there was reason for taking a month hiatus off this. Too many Internet nerds with sticks shoved up their you-know-what.

Exactly.

???? Hal is facing Doc Strange face to face. He's ON GUARD. Useless rhetoric.

No, Hal has never faced an Marvel magical foe before. But he has faced and beaten Neron(Satan), Spectre (God's Wrath), Cerise (Greek Goddess of Magic), and even Mr. Myx. who's phenomally powerful. If GL can beat them then....

Uh Huh. Wow. You so dedicated to this comic book versus forum that you debased enough to go for the insults? Pretty pathetic. Anyway, I'm not gonna continue this with you if you just plan to act like a child. Produce viable arguements. Don't tell people to "shove it". It's an Internet forum. Do grow up. Nice vocabulary though.

Never
>>>My oh my, easily offended aren't you?

By your brilliant attempts at witty repartee? Do you flatter yourself often?

>>>Exactly.

So what was your point in creating the thread? To stroke your imaginary e-"you know what?"

>>>???? Hal is facing Doc Strange face to face. He's ON GUARD. Useless rhetoric.

Yes, he's facing an opponent whose magical signature, so to speak, he is completely unaware of (well now, Kyle could not do didly against Photon (yes, different ABILITIES, but the point remains)). Hmmm, I wonder why Darkseid's OE (which works against DC opponents) didn't work against Galactus, a MARVEL opponent? Maybe -- just MAYBE because...Marvel has no "Source?"

Useless because I did not drop enough bread crumbs for you to follow?

>>>No, Hal has never faced an Marvel magical foe before. But he has faced and beaten Neron(Satan), Spectre (God's Wrath), Cerise (Greek Goddess of Magic), and even Mr. Myx. who's phenomally powerful. If GL can beat them then....

...then there was zero point in creating the thread in the FIRST place.

>>>Uh Huh. Wow. You so dedicated to this comic book versus forum that you debased enough to go for the insults? Pretty pathetic. Anyway, I'm not gonna continue this with you if you just plan to act like a child. Produce viable arguements. Don't tell people to "shove it". It's an Internet forum. Do grow up. Nice vocabulary though.

LoL -- tuck your tail between your legs when you RECEIVE as well as you dish it out. You THOUGHT I was being sarcastic with my "nice try," (when I was NOT) then closed YOUR post with:

"Sarcasm just belittles you in the eyes of the people of this forum. A little advice."

And I insulted you first?

>>Don't tell people to "shove it"

Give (unsolicited advice) and ye shall receive (unsolicited advice).

Alpha Centauri
For the record:

"Sarcasm just belittles you in the eyes of the people of this forum. A little advice."

No it doesn't. I respect Never and his knowledge of comics, his ability to debate his points etc.

I know from experience that you don't take kindly to being spanked in a debate. You're probably the one losing respect.

-AC

radioboy121
I'm always weary about magic wielders as magic doesn't always work effectively from one to another (i.e. Doctor Strange having problems in sensing Margali Szardos).

As Norrid Radd's history was familiar with Darkseid, I think the crossover was meant to imply that they were of the same universe , so the Source issue might not be the reason for the results of the Omega beam's ineffectiveness.

Never
Okay, but say they are from the same universe. That further muddles the picture as his OE SHOULD have sent him to the source then, correct? There is almost always a disconnect in DC/Marvel battles because, for the most part, most are left to draw their own conclusions as to the relative power levels of each universe's characters.

Someone also opined that Galactus is a vital thread in the fabric of the MU continuum -- but that is of little consequence as he was facing Darkseid in the DCU, not MU (unless I am mistaken).

Scoobless
the darkseid galactus crossover didn't feature any crossing over of universes as such .......... from what i understand apokalips is difficult to locate from the DCU maybe there's an easier way get there from the MU, i know darkseid has this omega affect thing going for him but is entirely possible that galactus is impervious to it or shielded from it by either the power cosmic or his technology

radioboy121
If the Omega beam did not work, it could be due to not the universe in question, but perhaps that as most things, they are not full proof. The soulsword, Penance stare, Juggernaut's physical invulnerability, etc. are not expected to work on all levels as the creators of these are not infallible themselves.

eleveninches
Alan would be a better match for Dr Strange, as his power is based on magic.

ebonyblade1
Yes alan would be a better match. Current GL hal jordan is no match for dr. strange too much versatility. Yes hal has the power to do some damage. But Dr. Strange is way too cerebral and hal jordan is not. He would pull GL into the astral plain where he has much more experience and I am sure that hal would do a good job, but dr strange would triumph.

KharmaDog
then says

In case you didn't know, that can be construed as sarcasm as can many of your other statements. You started this thread, don't freak out if people disagree with you. You started off saying Hal wins, you've changed that stance to , "I think they both have an equal chance of winning." You are one more step away from saying that Strange wins.

By the way, Strange wins.

Ethereal
put some of Hal's feats up.

i dont read GL's but i doubt he was taking on that list, much less...100 + sorcerors. :/

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Zahit
By the shades of the Seraphim --
in the name of the All-Seeing Agamotto --
I dispatch thee to -- the domain
of the Dread Dormammu!!!

sorry, but BFR isnt an insta-win here since Hal has travelled through dimensions AND time (quite a bit thru time actually) under his own power.

Hal makes this a very interesting fight, and I think he could at the very least stalemate avg Strange, but would prolly lose to a very pissed Doc.

Tazer

jrodslam
I think if Strange finds a way to manipulate the ring, it can be curses for Hal. Jordan is faster. Nice fight though. Both have those blasted super-shields. The Lantern fan in me wants to say Hal, but im not sure.

Galan007
I personally think Hal has a very good chance here.

But one thing is for certain, this battle is not a curbstomp in anyones favor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.