Does Anakin know he was the "chosen one" or does Palpy tell him??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheElectricFox
Did Anakin ever know that he was indeed the chosen one? or did the jedi not tell him. Seems to me palpy tells him or something where at the final duel he knows that he indeed is screwing the jedi over by turning evil.

Yeah a little off topic but i always wondered...

Sith Master X
Yeah he knows. I think that's partly why he's arrogant. He's too sure of his abilities.

astrofan428
I think Mace said it in front of him but im not sure it was explained to him.

SithSpy
Thats a good question actually i always just assumed he knew b/c of his arrogance, but he could of always just noticed how much better he was then everyone without "knowing" he was the chosen one

astrofan428
Yeah because he may not have been much compared to Obi, Mace and everyother master, but when he compared himself to other padawans he probably noticed a difference.

XX Emperor XX
Of course he knows in EP. 1 Qui-Gon says it in front of Anakin when the council said that he will not be trained. Qui-Gon tells the council that he is the chosen one.

astrofan428
Oh yeah , I had meant to say Qui-Gon originally.

No really I did.

ARC Trooper 117
See, now this doesn't make sense:
Why would Palpatine tell Anakin that he was the only person that COULD bring Balance to the Force by killing Palpatine? confused
He wouldn't, and even if he left out the whole "kill Palpatine=balance" part....well, I don't think Palpatine "knows" about the Prophecy of the Chosen One anyway....or...bleh.

ctsketch
brining balance to the force was never implied to be killing Palpatine in Episode I etc. Anakin did not know what the task of being the chosen one really meant

ARC Trooper 117
Yes, I suppose....
God I'm not good at replying to peoples posts.....

kiadimundijedi
"NERDS"

-Ogar

Alliance
Im sure he learned about the legend of the chosen one during his years of training. I think the legend is assumed to be at least pert of the rationale for his arrogance.

There was also the audioclip from the trailer that was released in which Obiwan screams "You were the chosen one" So I'm positive Anakin knows.

NoFate007
I'm sure over the years he's been told about it numerous times, and not by Palpatine. Palpatine, if anything, would tell them that the Chosen One will bring balance by destroying the Jedi Order or something to help his plan out. Anakin knows he's the Chosen One, which, as said before, adds GREATLY to his arrogance and self-assuredness. He knows he has the potential to essentially become invincible, and that's why he is pissed that he isn't able to retrieve that power yet. He chooses to turn to the dark side because he feels that that's the only way he'll get these results, that the Jedi haven't nourished his talents yet but Palpatine, who's always supported him, will. Palpatine will help him fulfill his power threshold and be able to basically become a deity.

Phoenix2001
In which case, the idea of becoming invincible, shatters when he is transformed into the half machine, half man that we know as Vader...

Julie
palpy prob told him

Ushgarak
Yeah, I think we've sewn this one up.

Anakin knows from the moment QGJ mentions it that he might be this 'Chosen One' thingy.

Just no-one in the SW Galaxy has a load of GL quotes that helps them know exactly what the Chosen One is and will do.

Gollum1956
I think Luke is the chosen one he did bring balance to the force

Supermann98
Luke is the chosen one I agree.

GCG
In ROTJ , the Jedi that returns back is Anakin tough .......

tachie5
I, at first, thought that Luke might be the chosen too but I feel it is Anakin. You can't trust GL in his storyline outside the movies because he makes things up and changes things as he goes along. One has to make up his own mind what the story is telling you. Not what GL says. I don't care if he did create it. If he didn't put it in the movie then it is up to you to fill in the blanks.

My theory was always that balance to force would be the same number on the light side as dark side. Thus leaving Yoda and Obi-Wan vs. Papatine and Vader. When something is balanced that means it is equal on both sides. The jedi might not have understood what balance meant or they would have seen this coming. The prophecy said that a Chosen one would bring balance to the force. They might not have understood that it would mean the elimination of every jedi. Just my thoughts.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
It has been said before by GL and other sources that ANAKIN...read again>ANAKIN is the chosen one!
Luke is the one who resurrects Anakin(to be the chosen one) and so Anakin throws Palps(thus the Sith) in the reactor-core...hence>Balance!

Ushgarak
If you don't want to accept GL's word that is your own business, but it really is an absurd view to take. His comments about his own work are factual and that is all there is to it.

Sith Master X
I agree.

ARC Trooper 117
I hate GL.....he couldn't just leave his masterpieces alone.....
Instead, he has to contradict and destroy all continuity there is/was between the films.....

GL In Six Years>
"In my Original Original conception, Greedo was the Chosen One, and he came back to life at the end of Revenge-oops, Return of the Jedi-and destroyed the Emperor, bringing Balance to the Force. Oh, and by the way, originally, originally, Han Solo was a homosexual green-eyed monster, who also suffered from Dwarfism." roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Well, there it is! If you don't like what GL does... I'm sorry! But that's what he did and how it is. No-one has to like it, but it is there.

ARC Trooper 117
I'd be happier if he didn't say all this shit OUTSIDE of the movies!
I've got an idea! eek!
Put some of the sh!t he spouts, IN the movies! eek!

Bardock42
Well I always thought Luke was the Chosen one, and I like to keep this view.
Star Wars has become bigger than Lucas

But well I guess everyone has decide for themselves.

tachie5
How can his comments be factual about a piece of fiction. That sounds absurd to me that one would put so much stock in what he says that is not in the movie. If its not in the movie then we fill in the blanks (WITHIN REASON). I'm not saying we should say that we should make up our own storyline. Certain points that GL makes I take into consideration but when they don't make sense you have to make up your own. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I saw Empire in the theatre when I was five years old. I own hundreds of toys. Have pieces of memorabilia. Watched the OT hundreds of times in my life. GL made the movies and put them out and I watch the same thing he does. But because GL says balance is one thing doesn't necessarily means it is true. I respect your respect for GL. He has a vivid imagination that has brought me joy my entire life. Since I was two years old there has been Star Wars in my life. When GL went back and changed the OT and decided to do the prequels I think a lot of folks lost respect for him. I didn't (because it just meant more Star Wars for me) but I did kinda change my attitude about GL. I appreciate the rebuttal. We all have our opinion.

ARC Trooper 117
Exactly, tachie5.
If he spouts sh!t as canon, well then, he should put them IN the movies.
Have someone explain ON-SCREEN that Anakinis the Chosen One, etc......

NoFate007
Lucas has stated that Anakin is the chosen one, so if you want to talk about canon, you can't think Luke is. Also, there is a line that Obi-Wan says in Episode III that is "You were the Chosen One". I doubt the rest of the dialogue goes:

"You were the Chosen One!"
"Chosen One? What are you talking about?"
"The Chosen One...to bring balance to the Force."
"...never heard of it."
"Well..hmph...ok back to fighting."

ARC Trooper 117
Well then, that'll be fine!
One thing though: We don't know if that line is REAL! It oculd be cut from the movie, etc.
The best thing we've gotten on film so far about Anakin being the Chosen One was in TPM: "You believe that this boy is the One who will bring Balance to the Force?"
And even that is uncertain! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Now, I tend to believe that Anakin IS the Chosen One. It's all the other sh!t that GL spouts that are never even mentioned, or are at least a little bit shady in the answer department....

tachie5
One last thing and I gotta head. I'll see how bad yall flame me tomorrow. MY POINT IS LUCAS WATCHES THE SAME MOVIES I WATCH! If he said Anakin is the Chosen one then he needs to put it in his movie. I suspect we will know he is in EP III. Balance, however, means all things equal.

DARK SIDE = VADER & PALPS
LIGHT SIDE = YODA & OBI WAN
FORCE = BALANCE

Its like a see- saw folks if you both weigh the same it will rest in the middle . Adios. Flame away!

ARC Trooper 117
I don't think it has anything to do with numbers....:
Threat of the Dark Side, but with no true Sith Lords+Jedi Order keeping the peace = BALANCE

lourock
in the labyrinth of evil, sidious-palpatine refers to anakin as the chosen one....

Phoenix2001
I think we all expect too much out of this "Chosen One" crap. To me, that is just a statement that points out the person who has advanced in his or her skills and abilities much more and faster than others, not actually saying that he or she is going to be invincible. Though the prophecy of the Jedi of the Chosen One states that he or she is to bring balance to the force doesn't actually mean that's what's going to happen, think about it, Jedi have been known to make mistakes. With that being said, there remains only one thing... nothing is what it seems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.