The best example of a hardcore band.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Norma Jean
I think the best examples of a hardcore band I can think of would have to be:

Hatebreed
Throwdown
Bury Your Dead
Terror

That's true hardcore IMO.

La Vie Rêveuse
Depends on your definition of 'Hardcore'.
"Vocalist" trying to scream louder than the "Drummer" type bands judging by your list....

So I will say the drunks that sit outside the venue...who try and scream louder than anyone

SlipknoT
Hatebreed is Metal.

amity75
GG Allin was pretty hardcore. As far as shitting himself on stage and killing himself after a gig. Not too many artists can lay claim to that one.

jaden101
tommy cooper could...almost laughing

Norma Jean
Nope, sorry buddy. smile

Alpha Centauri
"As far as shitting himself on stage and killing himself after a gig. Not too many artists can lay claim to that one."

Yeah.

Don't get too many artists strolling out saying "Yeeeep. Killed meself on stage. Must say, I'm chuffed like mad."

-AC

SlipknoT
No. They're metal.

Norma Jean
http://www.purevolume.com/hatebreed smile I guess were both right.

moonwalker741
simple plan is true hardcore no expression roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
Whats the difference between metal and hardcore?

room #99
Hardcore has no melody, the vocalist are allways loud and raw and the drums are fast and pounding.

I Think

Pantera is the best example of a hardcore band

tabby999
hell no, pantera were thrash through and through

room #99
Ya they are thrash but man They were HARDCORE. HARDCOOOORE

Smasandian
I think the lines what people think of hardcore, trash, death metal and metal are horriblly skewed. Nonbody really knows the full absolute answer to these different types of heavy music.
Why do you think they have numerous titles underneath the band when people read about them.

Df02
what planet do you live on lol??
Hatebreed are quite clearly Hardcore...

Pantera arent hardcore, theyre metal stick out tongue

Converge, Hatebreed, Throwdown etc are hardcore
but the best, rawest most genuine hardcore is the local stuff that every city has...

BeatDownFury, TRC and the rest of the London Hardcore scene id vote for wink

Norma Jean
Grr I purposely excluded Converge because I personally think they suck. Their music is so incredibly retarded. Just a bunch of noise.

Df02
yea, but theyre hardcore...and you didnt put them down, i did, so quit bitching stick out tongue

loserib
G.G ****ing Allin

Deathblow
Judging by the lack of Fugazis and Black Flags, I assume we're talking about modern hardcore. Snapcase, Converge, Vision Of Disorder, Hatebreed and Unearth are among my favorites.

Cinemaddiction
Hatebreed's lyrics and approach/mindset have been, are, and will always be hardcore.

They are still about the only true to life hardcore band out there, IMO.

tabby999
they're lyrics are surprisingly good for a hardcore band, normally you dont hear a word said cos its all a wall of screaming.

Cinemaddiction
Jamie Jasta's not a screamer like so many. Their live stuff is a lot more emotional, really nerve striking, naturally.

Find a live mp3 of "A Call for Blood", and you'll see what I mean.

SlipknoT
shock pantera is a classic example of straight up metal.

room #99
Okay they are METAL, thrash metal!! speed metal! but they do have hardcore elements in thier music..alot of people remember Pantera when someone says Hardcore! i do

Cinemaddiction
..because they're thinking "hardcore", as in heavy, not "hardcore" as in rooted in the hardcore music movement. That said, Phil's band Superjoint Ritual IS a hardcore band, and their lyrics are incredible, and very socially aware.

room #99
i guess our right confused

i didnt reaaly like superjoint ritual musically..i prefer down!.

Konjammenson
are there actual definitions to these genres, or is it all opinion based?

Darth Revan
Mostly the latter.

Cinemaddiction
No, actual hardcore is very distinguishable, just like punk. The other "_____-core" labels are the ones that are more or less fabricated by fans.

moshtitan
the reason you can understand some/most of jamie jasta screams is because hatebreeds more along the lines of old schoool/new york hardcore as far as their sound is concerned. same with bands such as donnybrook, 25 ta life, etc.

Darth Jello
well if you mean Hardcore punk I think early Circle Jerks and Minor Threat would be your best bet

tabby999
phil has nearly always writen pretty good lyrics, even if hes a dick he makes some fine songs

Reckoning
Nothing beats hardcore.

Cinemaddiction
"Down" lyrics were just pot-enduced rambling.

"Pantera" lyrics were heavy poetry.

"Viking Crown" lyrics were silly black/viking metal fare lyrics.

"Superjoint Ritual" lyrics cut right to the bone. Socially critical, scathing, deconstructing, and totally make you think about how ****ed up society is in general. Everything from sex to drugs to race are covered in Superjoint tracks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.