Mouse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maverick2364
Recently my mouse has begun to function strangely. Currently it freezes for a few seconds and then jumps around if I tried to move it when it was frozen. The middle mouse button sometimes scrolls randomly and I have no control. It froze and I needed to restart, after restart it was still frozen until I restarted again. I hooked up another mouse to it and I still had the same issue, so something has to be wrong with the computer. However I cleared the computer of any spyware and the issue remains.

Does anybody know what's wrong with my mouse?

LLG
I use to have that problem, but I had an old computer(really old.) Is your computer new? If you want you can probably find or try to buy a mouse that goes with your computer or functions with your computer. If that doesn't work than I'm not sure what else I can do or tell.

TOH
It seems to be a motherboard problem... confused

Maverick2364
What sort of motherboard problem?

I have windows xp home edition, dell dimension 2200, it's not too old, only around two years.

Frosty Beverage
i think there's something wrong with your mouse. smile

really: um ,clean it? is it laser or wireless? buy a new one and keep the reciept. See if that helps. call dell.

Raz
Check the cabling of your mouse.

Maverick2364
I found the problem. The back ps2 port was damaged in some way. Hooking up separate mouses didn't work, and the reformat didn't, but I didn't try swapping to a usb mouse. Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.