Interesting Bk6 & 7 Theories i found

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Whaddya think'll happen in the subsequent books? have ya heard rumours or theories on the net? tell me all about it!

airangel429
i havne't heard anything yet...u?

tonykames
My theory is that Wormtail will use his silver hand to kill Lupin as silver is the only thing to destroy Werewolves. Also I feel that Harry having to use blood in his detention may have some evil intentions. Thats about all i've come up with for now. Tony embarrasment)

RoseBloom
I really don't think that Lupin is going to get killed. Wormtail is too cowardice to even crawl out from under his hole. I also think that Harry's wounds won't give him too much trouble, partly because after they had heled Harry hadn't featured any real problems. I really suspect that Harry ad Hermione might get into a sort of relationship together, because in the OoTP Harry seemed to almost cling to Hermione is some situations. Luna is going to make big uprising and become an important character, I mea REALLY important. I think that Sirius will come back, and Neville is going to do something that no one suspects.

airangel429
That does make sense though...IF Lupin were to die that is!!! b/c remember they are all inthe fight..........

i think you have a point rosebloom and I agree...about sirius coming back, and nevilled doing something that no one would suspect...and i too think that LUNA WILL HAVE A HUGE HUGE PART IN THE NEXT BOOK....HUGE.

However, Ron/Hermy is a definite.....JKR has even said so in an interview. When someone asked if they liked each other, she said something like WASN'T IT OBVIOUS IS BOOK GoF.........

So there's not very likely any chance of hermy/harry getting together...though they would be cute..... i would put $$ on it that they won't ever get together.

Ginny....well she's a whole other story.......there's loads of info linking them together at another place I belong to with LilyGinnyBlack.

thelotrlovr15
yep

Mormegil
I too believe that Sirius is going to come back... at least in some form or fasion. I don't think that he'll necessarily come back as fully as he was before (corporealy). There is a chance, however, that he will. I believe he will come back as either a person in a painting, probably not a ghost, and I think that Harry might try to get Sirius back in some way. Such as, I think Harry will try to find him as an echo in some place, like in Bella Lestrange's wand, or behind the curtain in the death room. As for these things about relationships, I have very little opinion.

However, I also believe that Black will be cleared of any wrongdoings (funny how it happens after he dies), and that Karkaroff will come back to Hogwarts in an attempt to save his life, hidng out from Voldemort. I also believe that Grawp will make another appearance, in some fasion or another. I think that, after his rampage against the Centaurs, Grawp will have run off into the wild. I think that Hagrid will be devastated, and won't be very cheerful in the beginning of the school year. I think that the Weasley's enchanted car will also come back, having been on some sort of adventure in the wild, and do something to help out. I think that Remus will swing back to the school for a little while, trying to help Harry cope with losing Sirius.

I also believe that one of the times that Harry comes face-to-face with Voldemort again that Harry will survive only because Wormtail will intervene and do something to save his life. Whether this be the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort or not, I do think that something of the sort will occur. I think that, in the end, Harry will try to kill Bellatrix Lestrange, but decide to spare her at the last minute. I believe that it will be a great revallation to Harry, and that it will give him heart and strength.

My final belief is that Harry will kill Lord Voldemort, but not by magical means. I think that Harry, having been raised in the Muggle world, will chalenge Voldemort to something non magical by playing at Voldemort's pride, by saying something like, "what, afraid I'll beat you?" Or something to that effect.

I agree about Neville doing something great and unexpected, and I agree that Luna will probably have a big part to play in the events of the story.

thelotrlovr15
maybe instead of something non-magical... he might challenge him to quidditch...

Mormegil
But how would he kill him in Quiddithch? Violent as it is, it's not a sport intended to kill your opponent. I was thinking on the lines of a sword duel, gun duel, or something of that nature.

tassie

tigress
love 1,6,7,and 8 not sure bout others but hey these are only my opinions,
reguarding dumbledore taking over as minister of magic its possible he will now voldy ( or as i call him pansy) is back out of the wood work big grin

IBTonks
i think 7 is very good!

ArwensGurl
I like 4 and 8.... I've pondere both of them myself for a while now

tassie
there are more if u want wink

ArwensGurl
that would be seet

tassie
if u meant sweet, arwensgurl, then here it is...

In the first book, Hagrid told Harry he didn't think Voldemort had enough human left in him to die. In the fourth book, Voldemort needed human blood to bring him back to life. At the end of book 4, after Harry explained what Wormtail and Voldemort did to him, Dumbledore had a 'look of triumph' in his eyes, could this possibly be because Voldemort was human-enough to die? -Submitted by Lucy

On page 835 of the American verision of the OotP, Dumbledore said he protected Harry with old magic that Voldemort hated and underestimated, or in other words, Lily's lingering protection that flows in Harry's blood. Later on in the conversation, Dumbledore said the locked door in the Department of Mysteries has a force that is "more wonderful and more terrible than death." He also said that Harry has such quantities of that power and Voldemort has none. Voldemort couldn't possess Harry because "he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests." Dumbledore told Harry that he didn't need Occlumency after all because his heart had saved him. So could all of this mean that Lily's lingering protection was love? Could this type of strong love be the power in the locked room that Harry has and Voldemort doesn't? Plus, maybe Voldemort couldn't possess Harry because Harry's body was full of his mother's love. Voldemort couldn't stand to be in a body filled with motherly love. Voldemort never knew what a mother's love for her child is because his mother died when he was born. And he certainly didn't get any love from his father, who dumped him in an orphanage.
Note from Jamie: Maybe 'love' is just what JKR wants us to think and she has told us all this to throw us off scent. There may be another power that Harry has that resides inside the Department of Mysteries.

Could Harry be a metamorphmagus? In SS/PS JKR writes that Harry had grown back his hair over night after his Aunt Petunia had given him an awful haircut. You obviously have to concentrate on changing your appearance if you are a metamorphmagus, and Harry was concentrating very hard on his hair because he was worried about the way it looked. --Submitted by Amanda

Book Seven Theories
I think the outcome of book 7 is pretty well set. Voldemort will die, whether Harry goes with him or not is uncertain. Voldemort must die because if he lives on, with Harry dead, he will never die! No other person would be able to kill him due to what the prophecy said, he wouldn't even die of old age of disease because he isn't mortal anymore. He would just live on forever and eventually take over the wizarding and muggle world - No writer in their right minds would kill off the whole world! --Submitted by Nicole

tigress
i agree totally tassie these are very good theories i hope your right i think were gunna be in for a real treat when books 6 an 7 are released then all will be explained

ArwensGurl
Those are some realy vaid points...
As for "No writer in their right minds would kill off the whole world" After Sirius's death, can we realy say JK is in her right mind??

Member.
it's ok, but didn't someone say that when potential wizards/witches concentrates on something really hard, or just has really strong emotions on something, they'd use magic without knowing it? the wand's just a tool to channel the magic and amplify it.

tassie
ok, i was just browsing and i came across my old thread, and i really started thinking about some of these concepts

Those are the two I was wondering if you guys had any idea, for the first one what it could be...
There's a theory that the power might not necessarily be love as we thought

So maybe we've been theorising that 'love' is Harry's only power all this time, when he could posses another power, possibly one that Voldemort passed onto him, and in so doing, Voldy lost that power to Harry? confused

RebelPhoenix
I always wondered about the both of them having phoenix feathers in their wands and how they got there - also what affect that would have. If they both have the power of the phoenix in their wands to channel their power what would happen if something happened to Fawkes?

I've also been reading around and I've found in a lot of places that J.K.Rowling hinted that Snape might fall in love - do you all know about that already?

tassie
I was expecting you to answer RebelPhoebig grinstick out tongue

I never thought that if something happened to Fawkes, that that would affect their wands. I mean, the state of the animal from which a hair, or horn, or whatever, is taken, doesn't usually have any effect on the wands they produce.

But then again, this is no usual case. And you had another good point, why then were two feathers taken from Fawkes for each of their wands? It can't be any coincidence they were destined for Brother wands.

This could bring up alot of points, like Harry really is the one the Prophecy was reffering to, if he was destined for the only Brother wand of Voldemort..

And i also wondered, did DD mention where he got Fawkes from? I think he did but i'm not sure

RebelPhoenix
Lol - you know how to lure me into a thread now stick out tongue

Hmmm.... I don't think DD ever mentioned where Fawkes came from and I've always wondered about that myself, I mean I know Hagrid tries to collect everything possible lol big grin but a phoenix? That's gotta be something rare or tough to have like a unicorn. It also then leads to how Fawkes is connected to DD because obviously Fawkes knows when someone who is loyal to DD needs help and what to bring them - it is indeed a very loyal creature and very powerful so why would it choose to be there?

The wands thing - yeah I didn't think it would have much impact on the wands either but then I realised that with magic all the connections count - like if a witch/wizard whose cast a spell dies that spell usually comes undone no? So would the feathers work autonomously or would they lose their effect if something happened to Fawkes which would mean that finally Voldemort and Harry can do some serious damage to each other without the wands cancelling each other out? Not that I want anything to happen to Fawkes! Maybe Fawkes will somehow steal V's wand and take it's feather back lol eek!

tassie
lol stick out tongue then, if Fawkes being alive was preventing Harry and Voldy from a proper duel, someon could just go and shoot the damn bird, and get on with a real fight!

Fawkes is a very suspicious character, i suppose someone gave him to DD, maybe it was one of Harry's parents, you never know?

And yeah, about the Snape thing, i have heard of him falling in love with someone. It could be someone we haven't met as yet... or maybe it's someone we DO know... hmm... let's think of all the young witches there that might attract Snape....

Trelawny? Tonks? Mrs. Figg? laughing

celestial_moon
i think we might learn more about fawkes but is he gonna b important in the next books?

tassie
yeah, definitely, Fawkes is one of the most important characters in the whole bk, because he's the one who made Voldy and Harry's wands "Brother wands" which has caused a huge impact upon their duels, etc..

celestial_moon
we might learn more about that connection as well...i think there is another thing that hasnt been mentioned yet

RebelPhoenix
^I hope we learn more about Fawkes Celestial! I also hope we learna bout alot of otehr thigns as well like the veil and Snapes past etc

Tassie - LOL Trelawny!!! Now there's an interesting match! laughing out loud Tonks seems abit young, Figg lol ummm wink. To be honest, I think if Snape was going to fall in love with anybody by now he would have so I don't think it's anyone we know that he's acquainted with it has to be somebody he's never met before or doesn't know very well.... but the problem is Rowling said she wasn't introducing anyone new unless she was fibbing of course. But it could always be someone already in the book that hasn't had much contact with him - LMAO what about Rita the gossip coumnist! hahaha Or what if it is a student! blink !!!!

tassie
oh god no, not a student... JK would have to be soo out of it

yeah, i know those options for Snape were just for kicks stick out tongue but it really could be Rita, i mean they could both get together and form a "We hate Harry" club, Snape would just LOVE that...

umm.. there's also some other theories at the top of the page, i was wondering what you made of them... here's one i was wondering about...

Could this be some muggle from Lily's side? Or Harry's actual brother, who turned out to be a squib?
i think there's also some confusion still about who really is the one the Prophecy was reffering to

RebelPhoenix
Hmm I wondered about this one but you know, to be honest I don't really think there is a connection and at this stage in the books i think it'd be an unecessary complication because there's so much already to sort out, to find out about and tie up as well as move forward with. The name might just be a coincedence but as we know from her track record Rowling is a very shrewd and clever writer who never seems to have anything by coincedence or just for the sake of it. She always has some symbolism in there. My one problem with it though is that if he were related to Petunia and Lilly I really doubt he would live near to them and she'd ignore him - surely she would know? Plus I think he's too young to be their brother so if he's related he might be a cousin or something and Petunia only ignores him because he has some magic in him too? I don't know, maybe she doesn't even know about his existence - but in general I don't think there is a connection but I could be wrong.

tassie
Okay, that's basically what i thought too..

Tell me if you have any theories also! big grin

RebelPhoenix
I found some stuff smile

These are from Rowling interviews:

JK said at the Royal Albert Hall that a hint of what was coming in HP6 was in the book she is now reading. In 'Bless Me Ultima' an owl contains the spirit of a good witch named Ultima. Fawkes may carry the spirit of Dumbledore, and only when this phoenix is destroyed can Dumbledore be killed.

In a recent Interview on the BBC, Rowling has said that said that someone important dies and someone switches houses. Rowling has also indicated that Harry might date in the 6th book, possibly someone new to Hogwarts.

Exciting! big grin

celestial_moon
seems alright

tassie
hmm... interesting big grin

Well, this leads us back to what we were discussing before about Fawkes and the wands thing. If Fawkes is killed, then maybe the curse between Harry and Voldemort's wands is lifted. But then that mightn't make a difference if they were to duel because imo, DD can't die until the Prophecy is fuflfilled (just like Gandalf in LotR, whose task was done when the Ring was destroyed).

Someone important dies?.... I wonder... there are soo many important ppl in the bks who are in question of being killed, so that clue is very vague.

Someone switches houses.... the first thing to cross my mind when i read that was maybe Harry could switch to Slytherin at last. It would be very interesting, not to mention risky.
I was thinking Neville might transfer to Hufflepuff, but then i thought back on what Harry said about him being in Gryffindor and that seemed to give Neville some confidence, so i doubt JK would transfer him.
Or how about if Draco transferrs to Gryffindor? big grin shifty

celestial_moon
mayb hermione...

tassie
oh yeah, Hermione to Ravenclaw..

RebelPhoenix
Yep, I thought Hermione too.

tassie
It's also confirmed that "Dumbledore's reasons for not giving Snape the Defense Against the Dark Arts job will be revealed." in the next bk.

here's another theory, i found it somewhere...
Prophecies in Harry Potter
One of the oddest unexplained elements of the Harry Potter books are Professor Trelawney's two "real" prophecies, both having to do with Harry Potter. It appears that she is merely a vessel for some greater being to pass along valuable information in the form of a prohecy. In fact, this doesn't seem all that uncommon in the wizarding world considering all of the prophecies sitting in the Deparment of Mysteries in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Can a prophecy become a tool of deception?
Should we question the validity of Harry Potter's prophecy - or any prophecy for that matter - because we do not know who is sharing the supposed 'wisdom'? Is it possible that a powerful witch or wizard, or perhaps some other being, could manipulate another creature in order to pass along a false prophecy? The Matrix Reloaded popularized the idea that an "Oracle" (not unlike a being speaking through Trelawney) might just be another means of control, that lies are possible. It is, of course, a question in the Harry Potter books that will fundamentally affect the events in book 6 and book 7. What do you think?

Applications of Time, Destiny, and Fate
Should the prophecy be questioned, or regarded as legitimate canon? Is there reason to believe that some powerful being, including possibly Dumbledore, exists to spread false and/or baseless prophecies simply to shape the world events? At what point does the TimeTurner affect the true nature of Fate in the Harry Potter books? Can Voldemort use one?

It's the last sentence that hit me the most... why doesn't Voldemort use a time-turner?

tassie
^ok that was kinda zzzzz^

but i found some more, not written by me of course..
I think that Aunt Petunia will be killed by Voldemort or one of the death eaters so that the protective spell enforced by Dumbledore over the Dursley house will be lifted and Harry will be defenseless.
- Submitted by Matt

J.K. said there was a small part in book two that was going to play a big role in book six. That got me thinking maybe it wasn't what someone said, but where they went. In CoS Harry finds out he is a parseltounge thus allowing him to open the chamber, also note that in OotP Draco and his squad find the DA room. So the DA needs a new place to prepare for the oncomming war and Harry is the only person who can open the chamber, so it seems logical that the Chamber of Secrets will play a bigger role in book six.
-Submitted by T.B.I.T.S.

celestial_moon
i still stand by the hand of glory...it is one of the book title choices...but i do like tassie's idea. the parselmouth has 2 pop up again sometime.

RebelPhoenix
Wow I like the idea of them using the Chamber of Secrets again especially since it's so massive an underground tavern - you could hide so many people down there.... like an army wink. But then again, she said something small, like an easily forgettable detail would be relevent to Book 6 and I don't think any of us would overlook the Chamber itself wink

tassie
exactly, i mean they names the entire BOOK after the Chamber, so..
And also, do you think Harry'll continue with the DA? I mean it's purpose was really to train the students, because the MOM didn't believe DD. Now that they have the MOM on their side, i wonder if he'll continue. They might make him continue

RebelPhoenix
I just found this about another JK interview, she said there will be more romance for the boy wizard in books 6 and 7 - and that if she was Harry she would "go and hide 'cause she knows what's coming".

Whoa! messed

tassie
Wow messed poor Harry... i so can't wait for the next bk!

But i remember JK saying somewhere that there won't be any "Shagging" in the bks

RebelPhoenix
Lol that's definitely a good idea - keep it clean! big grin cos they are way too young and well there are even younger kids reading it messed and their parents! lol stick out tongue

tassie
lol, i got some more theories, RPhoe, but they're minor things

RebelPhoenix
ooo maybe you can save them for a challenge if it comes up evil face

tassie
oooh, i'm so glad i didn't post them yet! big grin shifty

tassie
I have one more question... well, earlier i posted a theory concerning Voldemort, and it had me wondering... how come he didn't use a Time-Turner? confused

RoguePw25
A very good question but I have no clue. Perhaps Dark Wizards can't use a Time-Turner? Don't know. But yes, I hope Harry and Hermionie hook up! They have the H and H thing going and I would love to see them together!

But tell me, in Book 1 when Aunt Petunia heard a deep voice or someone tell her that she has to keep Harry, why did she? It was Dumbledore of course, telling her to keep the boy, but why did she obey him? Perhaps Dumbledore is somehow related to her and Lily, perhaps even thier fater??? That might explain why Petunia took in Harry in the first place. Her dad told her to.

RebelPhoenix
Wow - now that's interesting! I'm not sure to be honest, I only know that Dumbledore had an agreement with Petunia and she promised to keep it - I don't know why she does though. Hmmm very intriguing..... smile

Balzi
That is intresting...

If Voldemort used a Time-Turner what would he do with it. I mean why would he use it? To hear the prophecy?

celestial_moon
mayb...but he's already followed it subconbciously and if he did use itthen he would change the future once he listened 2 it. as 4 the dumbledore thing, i agree why would pertunia listen 2 him. but if he was their father, wouldn't that make lily a half blood?

tassie
Guys!! My fellow Gryffindors!! We have got ourselves another Challenge! big grin stick out tongue

*goes off to Challenge Thread*

punkyhermy
okay, i just KNOW harry will not die.I don't think it's J.K's style to give us such a tragic endng.Nope, J.K loves harry too much to kill him.trust me on this.But I'm not sure about Ron and herm...

celestial_moon
i still think sadly that ron will die

tassie
^^me too... but if he dies, he'll most likely die in the last bk
Hermione's much less likely to die, imo; and i definitely think that DD will die... he's already so old and once the prophecy's fulfilled ((and either harry or voldemort die)) there won't be any point to keeping him alive, will there??

hhhhr
maybe dd dies saving harry

Assilem
Just out of curiosity, has anyone noticed in POA where Trelawney (or however you spell her name) is talking in the first Divination lesson I think it is... and she mentions the "veil into the future" or something like that... do you think there's any chance that this may have anything to do with the veil that Sirius fell through?? Maybe he's gone into the future or something, which would go with that Trelawney was saying... I haven't got the book on me right now, but if you think it may be something I'll find it for you so you can read it for yoruself...

hhhhr
could you give us the chapter on that?

Assilem
Sure, it's chapter 6 in POA titled "TALONS AND TEA LEAVES", I have the paperback version and its page 80. The sentence is "Many whitches and wizards, talented though they are in the area of loud bangs and smells and sudden disappearings, are yet unable to penetrate the veiled mysteries of the future,"...
That's the only mention of it, but it just caught my eye so thought I'd throw it into the ring of possibilities... I'm interested in your thoughts though.

celestial_moon
velied mysteries...it seems more like it's describing the mysteries.

oggie pie
i think Snape will confess that he loved Lilly and that is one of the resons snape hates harry's dad james apart from snape was soo jelous of him!

pottermad
duh that was always so obvious 'cause james was the seeker the coolest guy and he was smart AND he was lucky with women and snape was a poor loser.

I Love Sirius
Okay, I just got on this thread, but I read on the first page I believe that JKR said in an interview that someone important will die in book 6? My God!!! I cried so much when Sirius died!!!! Now someone else is going to die. This person will obviously be close to Harry (I think). Well, I sure hope that Mr. Weasley becomes Minister of Magic. He deserves it. And I hope they all make Percy crawl around them for a while asking for forgiveness for being such a #*$&#! Idiot!!!! Sorry, but he really pissed me off in book 5. I'm very curious about the veil that Sirius went through and also about the wands. How much longer do I have to wait!!! Uuurgghh!!!

Unicor777
I think Albus will die ! and this will even more sharpen Harry's revange !

pottermad
i think that if DD dies it will be either in the last book or saving harry and killing voldy, cause if he dies voldy will not b afraid of anything don't u think?

angelsflame265
oo i like Dumbledor, he's my fav grown up in the book! but i guess sence i like him that insures his death lol

celestial_moon
i think he might die...it's possible. most likely fighting voldie tho...

tassie
just a question...

i've been wondering, if DD trusts Snape again, why has he never accepted Snape as DADA teacher? It says in OOTP that ever since Snape began teaching at Hogwarts, he'd always been rejected by DD... and he's been there quite a few years now..

tassie
*Coughreplytothreadbeforeitfallsto2ndpageCough* stick out tongue

Unicor777
-----------

Of course, IF DD dies Voldy with become fearless and he will make mistakes which will be used by Harry and the gang, combined with the strong revenge emotions they will finish him

jojouk
Dus anybody else think petunia cud possibly hav been a squib and that lilleys whole family were magic and petunia was just jelous that she cudnt do magic and that is why harry must stay wiv her in the holidays ?is this wot jk means by a magical bond?

airangel
*bumps*

ada
I reckon Ron will die next. As heartbreaking as it sounds! I think he and hermione will finally admit there feelings for each other and then he will die saving her!!!!!!!!! The ultimate sacrifice!

luna_rox!
i hope ron doesnt die but i do hope ron and hermy date!

luna_rox!
i have a theory about harry becoming an auror and all... well you know how McGonaggle said that she would make harry an auror if it was the last thing she did. Well i think that she will persuade dumbledore to let snape be the DADA teacher... I know that would be scary... but harry is really good at DADA so he wouldnt have a hard time with Snape

Then there will be a new potions master and harry will be able to take NEWT level potions...then he can become an auror!!!

luna_rox!
just a theory doubt its true

angelsflame265
lol! i don't know why i find this so funny, i think its just the way i read it..... sorry continue

luna_rox!
hahaha yeah it is funny laughing

Draik
I honestly don't see Percy joining with Lord Voldemort.

Percy wants to be relied on, but he also wants power. What kind of power would Voldemort give him? Very little. His role in the Death Eaters would basically be to lick Voldemort's boots and do his dirty work.

He'd have no chance of promotion, because Voldemort wouldn't trust him over the deatheaters that have been loyal to him for years. There's nothing at all in it for Percy.

I think our ambitious little ex-Head Boy will stick with the Ministry, through thick and thin.

ladygrim
percy is to much of a suk up he woud leave the ministry ... i know in bk 5 he isnt getting on with his parentals but he is a mummys boy .. and he doesnt even look evil enough

ArrghPirateGirl
just annoying....not evil

ladygrim
yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.