Jim Lee's Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
anyone reading Jim Lee's current run on the Superman series. If so, here is the place to discuss it.

harnelo
me raises hand i am i am.
I was thoroughly enjoying it, artwork, story et al.
then.........ZOD!!!!!
what a mood killer, grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble

Draco69
Story is very confusing for the first few reads. But its a good storyline. Azzarelo is an extremely cultured writer. I'm finding memorable quotes everywhere.

Carrzy
I ****ing love it.

Jim Lee is a genius, and Zod!!!??? Fantastic- I was wondering when I'd be seeing him again.

The last part of this series is not out yet in the United Kingdom, but it will be next week and I cannot wait to find out how this beauty ends.

pr1983
can someone give me the issue numbers please?

Carrzy
I would mate, but I lent my issues to a mate.
I'll get them back on Monday, and I'll get back on here and post them for you!!

Although.. I think it starts at 204 or something. Check Ebay! Ebay knows all...

SnakeEyes
Starts at 204 and the current issue is 213, and i think it will go to 215.
I am not a HUGE Superman fan, so could anyone tell me why Zod was gone or what happened to him before he returned?

Carrzy
Zod is a really, really, REALLY truly evil bad guy. He's like the Kryptonian equivalent of Skeletor, or those little plants that pop out of the tubes and eat you on Mario.

Jar-El (Superman's dad) condemned Zod to the Phantom Zone, which is also a main part of the Superman movies. At the start of Superman it shows General Zod and the other two people being sent into the Phantom Zone, and on Superman 2, the blast from the Nuclear Missile which Supes throws into Space shatters the prison that Zod and them were trapped in, and they get out and cause havoc on Earth for about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The Vanishing is a world that was created in the Phantom Zone, and thus, General Zod is there.

There's some more to it than that, but I think you have to kind of piece it together on your own, and interpret it in your own special way. I mean, I've got my own way of seeing it, but if I say it, then I'm afraid someone will jump in saying, "OMFG U IDIOT WATS RONG WIT U!!!!!111"

But even if you're not majorly a big fan, you can still kind of get it. smile

SnakeEyes
Yeah i think i understand

SnakeEyes
Just got the latest one (214)
its pretty good... Amazing cover

DrDoom
Oh yeah, Superman also killed a pocket universe's General Zod, when he and his two cronies escaped from The Phantom Zone and murdered everyone on Earth.sick

When he was captured Zod swore that he would find a way to Superman's Earth, and that he would kill everyone there just as he did on his Earth.

Superman believed him, and since he was the only "law" left on Earth he sentenced them all to death by Kryptonite (since he was from a different universe the K didn't affect him).

This was the universe where the
"protoplasmic" Supergirl is from.

Zod's spirit is supposed to be alive (he inspired The General's attack and obsession with Superman) so it looks like this guy might be the real deal.

harnelo
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Just got the latest one (214)
its pretty good... Amazing cover

I agree, but then again the inside was one splash/cover page after another too. jim lee fans rejoice.

eleveninches
Just who is the guy in the lab??

And who is the guy strapped up to the machine??
Is that superman???

harnelo
Not sure who you mean about the lab guy, but the dude strapped to the machine is the priest sman's been talking to.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, the guy strapped up to the machine is the guy that is trying to get cured from Cancer...

P021273
i would like see 1024x768 jim lee superman wallpaper

SnakeEyes
Like THIS!

P021273
i have jim lee's superman wallpaper

ayjay
JIM LEE'S SUPERMAN IS DA BEEEST!

harnelo
sadly the run is over...sniff sniff.
I will say this the writing was not on par with the great artwork.

ayjay
NO ONE can match the myt of LEE!!

P021273
I wonder that do you have more jim lee superman pics ?

roughrider
I have been interested in tweaks to Superman's outfit - but I see Jim Lee's version, and it doesn't matter so much. He makes it all work somehow. Kudos.

Bushwacker
Originally posted by Carrzy
Zod is a really, really, REALLY truly evil bad guy. He's like the Kryptonian equivalent of Skeletor, or those little plants that pop out of the tubes and eat you on Mario.

Is this a GOOD thing? laughing

botcherby
Was it set one year ahead of the current storylines?

if so, is it part of OYL?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.