Magneto and Jugs vs Thor and Wonderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Magneto and Jugs vs Thor and Wonderman

CountQuan
I'll go with Magneto and Jugs

Sentry
Well, if Thor could hold off Juggernaut for a little while, Wonderman theoretically could probaly handle Magneto. After Magneto is dispatched which won't be easy, c'mon he's Magneto, he's like one of the most powerful mutants in the world. Wonderman and Thor could double team Juggs, and hopefully pull out a victory. On the other hand Juggs at full strength and momentum could probaly crush Thor and Wonderman. But i'll have to say Thor and Wonderman as the winners.

GalacticStorm
Depends on whether its Thor with the Odinpower or not. If so id go for team Thor. Otherwise id say Magnetos team. In a crossover Jug has fought wonderwoman and won. He is virtually unstoppable. Normal Thor cant really do that much damage to him either. If you check out their confrontation in Avengers i think it was the mini Templars saga thing then Jugg took him out. Magneto is just about the most powerful mutant on the planet having defeated the Xmen and Avengers teams(not together) singlehandedly with Thor present and getting thrashed. You can see this in that mini comic series where Magneto is after a machine that can restore his powers tothere full original state. At the time where he thrashes the avengers he is linked with Polaris and is just tapping into her powers which operate at considerably lower energy levels. Team Magneto all the way!!!!!! Unless its OP Thor that is lol

demigawd
Just as a side note: Wonderman is an ionic being. That's one of the energies Magneto can now control. Wave of the hand and Wonderman disappears.

Just thought I'd add that in.

eleveninches
thor and wonderwoman .
easily.

NEXT....

Tron
Ummm, it's Wonderman.no expression

LordFear
well pointed out Demigawd. Mags control WW ionic abilities so he is quickly disabled. So know Thor would have to face Juggy and Mags alone. As I was discussing earlier in another thread Mags would be a formidable opponent for Thor alone. Juggy would just tip the scale

Scoobless
how exactly could mag control simon's energies? i doubt he could stop the energy being produced, so the only thing he'd be able to do would be to stop wonderman using it to fly, he'd still be indestructible

LordFear
Ionic energy can be converted in magnetism. Basic physics if u don't believe me then remember your physics class about the theory of COnservation of Mass and Matter as well as the famous little formula E=mc2. Matter and mass are interchangeable and matter is never lost and can be converted to all types of energy whether heat, electircal or nuclear. Mags can use ionic energy to convert into magnetism.

demigawd
Yup. Bye-bye Simon!

Scoobless
yeah but simon isn't made of ionic energy, it's constantly produced by his cells as each act as some kind of ionic fusion reactor, so at best he could syphon off the force he uses to propel himself........... maybe

demigawd
But when he turns all blue and stuff....isn't that his entire body comprised of ionic energy? Or is that just a covering?

LordFear
that's also what I thought demigawd. When he turns blue isn't he in a full ionic state?

Scoobless
it's an extra layering......... his body is already indestructable but it hasn't been fully analyzed as to whether the more recent purple effect increases his strength or durability....... although it does seem to

demigawd
Oh, ok. Didn't know that.

Magneto doesn't wave Simon away afterall. Just takes away his ionic energy and then beats him into unconsciousness....

Scoobless
this is all from here

http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/power/955/WBIO1g.htm

While it appears Wonder Man transforms from a normal human being into being composed purely of ionic energy, this is not the case. Wonder Man's physical body is merely covered by ionic energy at that point. It is unknown if this outer covering of ionic energy adds more protection to his already near-invulnerable form or if it is just a by-product of his resurrection by the Scarlet Witch.

Wonder Man also taps his ionic energies to enhance the speed of any of his physical action, giving him a practical reaction time hundreds of times faster than an ordinary human being's.

Despite these his various powers, Wonder Man can still be hurt or rendered unconscious by a sufficiently powerful force. Wonder Man still possesses nerve endings that allow him to feel pain to a certain degree. Because of the ionic energy in his body, Wonder Man no longer physically ages and is functionally immortal.

Scoobless
magneto would have to be constantly waving the ionic energies away as they are continuously produced leaving him little time to smack anything

LordFear
Yup I definetly say that Mags would whup him real good regardless

Swanky-Tuna
So the ionic energy makes his physical body durable but he's not pure ionic energy?

demigawd
Yeah....it's not fun to use the "new" Magneto, but just this once...

Magneto snaps his fingers nad everybody on the battlefield gets dumped into a black hole, never to return. Then Magneto snaps again and gets a nice steak dinner.

Reality-warping is cool.

Now I'll go back to classic Mags...

LordFear
exactly but he uses pure ionic energy to power himself therefore Mags just sap that out and converts it into magnetism then pummels Simon into oblivion or just burst his capillaries.

Scoobless
as far as anyone can tell it makes him completely indestructible and practically immortal.......... though he can still be beaten down and knocked out

LordFear
if he has nerve endings then he can feel pain and enough power blasts will put him right into shock

Swanky-Tuna
Could Magneto interrupt this process? Like removing the fuel from an engine before it can be combusted.

LordFear
All I know is as a med student, I know for a fact that when nerve endings are involved pain is a factor and if pain is a factor enough of it renders any individual powerless. Bottom line

Scoobless
um...............i don't think he can remove the fuel as the "fuel" is simon's own cells.......... yup..........shutup

LordFear
Magneto can disrupt on a cellular level as well because of the cells which can either be bonded through covalence or ionic. Remember that litle bit of info in you Anatomy classes people?

Scoobless
what anatomy classes?.......... besides any power magneto can exert thor can absorb through mjolnior

azndrgn
Hey people. Go see the "Michael Myers vs Jason vs Freddy: a lil surprise" thread! Trust me, it'll be worth it!

demigawd
Except Magneto can control Mjolnir too.

LordFear
I wasn't taking about Thor I was talking about WW. why would I talk human anatomy for Thor? The man is a God duhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Scoobless
i know.......... "duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" ? i was changing tack, not mixing responses........ think about it
and no way can magneto control mjolnier...... it's not just an energy thing, it's mystacism......... unless you're saying magneto is now more powerful than odin.......

demigawd
I'm saying Magneto already snatched Mjolnir out of Thor's hands and beat him upside the head with it, along with the rest of the Avengers.

Scoobless
when did that happen?

demigawd
Long time ago. Can't remember the issue number, I just remember Thor's funny quote, "Zounds! Even Mighty Mjolnir doth not respond!". I believe Magneto actually need their help for something.

Scoobless
well maybe it did happen............. still, it shouldn't have been possible .......... unless magneto is classed as "worthy" to lift mjolnir

azndrgn
I'm not sure if this is a legtimate argument, but I would imagine Thor's hammer is strong and mystical enough that if he got a good enough throw on it it could break through Magneto's forcefield and knock him out. Then Thor and Wonder Woman would really have to work well together to beat Juggs

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha Zounds.

I'm stealing that word.

-AC

Scoobless
thor could theoretically draw all of magnetos energy out with the hammer reducing him to standard human strength, then tear him up like wet toilet paper

and azndrgn............. it's wonderMAN not wonder WOMAN

azndrgn
hehe, shows how much recognition Wonderman gets. What powers does he have other than flying and strength?

Scoobless
invulnerability, doesn't need to breath, eat or sleep, superhuman reactions and speed, ability to see in the infra red spectrum, does not age............. not bad really........... he's kicked Thor's ass on a few occasions

demigawd
Fat lot of good that'll do him when he's not even holding Mjolnir anymore, lol.

Magneto didn't physically lift Mjolnir. He used his power to snatch it from Thor's hands and knock him out with it. With his other hand, he knocked Cap out with his own shield, too.

Scoobless
but the point is, if it has happened before Thor knows it could possibly happen again and is prepared, so when mags tries to grab it he leaches all his energy out of him then slaps him around like a bit*h

demigawd
Maybe. Assuming he can even hold on to it long enough to try. But Magneto just isn't the container or battery for EM energy - Magneto controls all EM energy. You can't just *suck* energy out of him. He commands EM energy from the earth, the sky, molecules, everything.

Scoobless
well then, as thor has him trapped in the energy drain wonderman speeds over and knocks the sh*t out of him leaving the 2 avengers to face juggy

demigawd
Or:

Magneto grabs Wonderman by his ionic metal covering and uses him as a giant hammer against Thor, knocking them both out while Juggernaut watches in amusement.

Scoobless
it's not ionic metal, and he can turn the "covering" part off......... he's still indestructible, but while mags is doing that Thor hits him with full strength anti force blast that seperates every part of him from every other part of him......... juggernaut stops laughing

demigawd
It's not ionic metal - it's ionic energy - energy with a charge. Magneto specializes in that. He wouldn't let Simon turn it off anymore so than he'd let Colossus turn back to human form. Simon's best bet is to keep the ironic energy off of him entirely. But then I'm sure he still has blood and a nervous system and other Magneto playthings...

Scoobless
but after the antiforce blast magneto won't have any of those things left himself........ stick out tongue

demigawd
Juggs'll keep Thor busy while Magneto turns Wonderman into a ping pong ball.

Tormentor_2004
Magneto and Juggernaut will take this.

savagerampage
Magneto and juggernaut all the way. Magneto was more then a handfull against the avengers, and juggernaut almost finished off thor. this isnt even a fight

Swanky-Tuna
But it's the ionic energy that the cells produce that makes him so strong and fast is it not?

Scoobless
it is, but it is constantly produced and it isn't known if magneto (or anyone) can stop that happening
the thor, wonderman and magneto part of the fight would happen in the air most likely so i think they could take him out, i don't think wonderman can do much to the juggernaut and thor's had his own share of trouble there too.... they may have to settle for transporting him to an asgardian jail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.