Polaris vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GalacticStorm
Hey guys i always thought this would be a really good fight. If i had to bet money on it id say storm because the two of them are both very powerful but storm just seems more in control of her powers plus a lot more intuitive. Polaris has been seeming a bit out of her mind recently. Not only that but they hav fought before when her and Havok were turned evil by Davan Shakari and Storm fried her outta the sky.

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha, nuff said.

-AC

demigawd
Typical Polaris probably loses. But the more recent Polaris wins.

stormfront13
i love storm but idk who wins

Alpha Centauri
You know, no one is gonna think you're any less of a Storm fan for admitting she'd lose against people better than her.

-AC

stormfront13
i know but people have said that she already beat polaris

Alpha Centauri
Why can't you think for yourself and stop judging by what people say?

I'm not trying to diss, just saying. You can't get into debates if you don't know anything.

-AC

stormfront13
well then- if storm can get a quick hit in then polaris is done, but magneto has redirected storms lightning before with concentration, so can't polaris do the same. sometimes storms lightning gets through. if storm is quick on her feet and does something unexpected then she will win. storm can go in magnetos force field so then she should be able to go in polarises. it all depends on how quick polaris and storm are imo

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but this always comes down to the fact that you don't admit Storm losing. The only time you admitted she'd lose is against Superman. You think she'd beat Wonder Woman, this is impossible.

Your opinions are invalid by default.

-AC

stormfront13
i already said storm might lose!! if polaris acts quickly then storm is out. if storm is quick enough and catches her of guard then storm might win. this fight can go either way

Alpha Centauri
Yes, fair enough.

My point is, you don't admit that Storm WILL lose. It's ALWAYS "She might". Even if there's no doubt.

-AC

stormfront13
in this fight its a might because it actually is- w/ superman it is a will- with doom it is a will lose- i can admit that she will lose because she is just a comic character! with fights that she has a chance in then I say she might lose. and for the record I will finally say STORM WILL LOSE TO WONDER WOMAN- are you happy?

stormfront13
well anyway I am sticking to my opinion- this fight could go either way

demigawd
Don't be bullied into changing your opinion just because someone is ridiculing you about it. If you believe Storm can beat ____, then more power to you. I'm sure Storm COULD possibly beat Wonder Woman. WW's durability isn't all that...

stormfront13
well then tell that to AC cause he's been bugging me about it and callin me biased cause I think storm has a chance of beating ww and doom

Alpha Centauri
I'm not bullying him into anything.

He said Doom would win, then when you posted he said Storm would win, then he said Doom again.

He's not being bullied into anything, he's going by whoever posts the most. You're defending him coz he's going against me and for no other reason. Storm could not beat Wonder Woman, to think so is stupid.

"well then tell that to AC cause he's been bugging me about it and callin me biased cause I think storm has a chance of beating ww and doom"

What the? You admitted you are a biased fanboy. Do I actually need to say anymore? No.

Stop whining. If you can't run with the big dogs then stay on the porch with the poodles.

-AC

stormfront13
I still think storm can win- demi put up a lot of examples and you hardly put up anything. if you know so much about doom then put up examples. its as simple as that- I post on whoever I think will win. demi was convincing and you weren't I said that storm will lose because you were insulting me and i was sick of it!!

Alpha Centauri
"I still think storm can win- demi put up a lot of examples and you hardly put up anything. if you know so much about doom then put up examples. its as simple as that- I post on whoever I think will win. demi was convincing and you weren't I said that storm will lose because you were insulting me and i was sick of it!!"

You've gone from Storm to Doom and back again 4 times now. You just go by whoever posts.

Read the damn thread. Demi was convincing?

A) You're convinced by anything.

B) He's voting for Storm.

It's more biased than a Texas Presidential Election.

I put up more than enough, hence why I have thirteen people siding with me and you have.....Demi and Galactic Storm.

Like I said, you three can think whatever you choose. I'm sure the fourteen of us aren't losing any sleep over it.

Fact is, you are just agreeing with whoever backs Storm. You are a self admitted biased fanboy, your opinion is invalid.

-AC

stormfront13
why is it invalid, just because you don't like it?? you unlike demi put up more insults on this thread instead of examples! I have only said doom will once which means that I have switched once, not four times, its not that hard to figure out. and ur right I can think whatever I want to think, so stop being a complete a$$ about it

stormfront13
don't you get it already??? people don't like you! you are rude and you think ur opinion is right and that it the way to go

Alpha Centauri
"why is it invalid, just because you don't like it?? you unlike demi put up more insults on this thread instead of examples!"

Insults? Insults? Where? The most I've done is asked questions and noted that things are stupid. You ADMITTED that you are BIASED. BIASED means one-sided. If you are ALWAYS a one-sided (biased, for the viewers at home) Storm fanboy, how is your opinion gonna be valid? You don't know anything besides what everyone here is saying. You just take their word for it coz they vote for Storm. I tested it out in the Iron-Man thread. I said "Storm could just fly around zapping". What did you say? "Yeah! Couldn't she fry his suit?". Case closed.

"I have only said doom will once which means that I have switched once, not four times, its not that hard to figure out. and ur right I can think whatever I want to think, so stop being a complete a$$ about it"

You said Storm would win, then Doom, then Storm, then Doom just now. Now Storm again.

Now who's throwing insults?

"don't you get it already??? people don't like you! you are rude and you think ur opinion is right and that it the way to go"

Ahh, as it always is. Comes down to me, not the debate, me. Purely me. Anything I've said about you is in relation to threads. What do you do? Come at me.

I thought you said there's no need for insults kid? Chill out. My opinion is right, you've proven it right.

Are you going to continue to try and debate me while hiding behind your KMC Big brother Demi? Or are you gonna realise this is all futile and back away?

-AC

stormfront13
you are being so stupid about this that it's hard to believe!I was tellin you I think storm will win. then I said doom will win so you'd stop hasslin me. then I said storm because she does have a good chance. see I only switched beck to storm. I got no clue where you are getting the others from. on the iron man thread she should be able to fry his suit because it is metal. by now everyone should know metal conducts electricity. psylock can somehow fry his whole suit by just stabbing him w/ her psychic knife, so we know his suit has weaknesses. and you started the insult thing by telling me that i don't know anything, that my opinions don't matter i mean the list could go on. you think ur always right but your not. YOU CAN"T SAY AN OPINIONS WRONG!!! i mean its an opinion.

demigawd
You two need to get a room. You remind me of mom and dad before dad ended the debate by throwing her into a wall...

Where's that Storm vs. Wonder Woman thread? Sounds like fun...

demigawd
And just so we're clear - FIVE people voted for Storm. And most of that came after I started posting my opinions on it. the 14 people who voted for Doom didn't vote for YOU, AC. lol.

stormfront13
yeah stop acting like you own the threads- for all we know most of those votes could have been yours

pr1983
first of all... are you shitting me? iron mans suit has tons of safeguards against power surges, her electricity won't do shit...

psylockes knife is telepthic, not electrical...

Alpha Centauri
"and you started the insult thing by telling me that i don't know anything, that my opinions don't matter i mean the list could go on. you think ur always right but your not. YOU CAN"T SAY AN OPINIONS WRONG!!! i mean its an opinion."

I wasn't insulting you. You clearly know nothing outside of Storm and the X-Men, you admitted it. You called yourself stupid. It's all on you.

An opinion is an opinion but opinion's can be wrong, faulty or silly. Yours are all.

"And just so we're clear - FIVE people voted for Storm. And most of that came after I started posting my opinions on it. the 14 people who voted for Doom didn't vote for YOU, AC. lol."

Doom is leading the votes by a landslide. Not that it matters right? Well how many of the 5 have actually commented in the thread, saying she would win? You (someone who thinks Doom is overrated), an admittedly biased Storm fanboy and a guy with a grudge.

Who has posted pro-Doom? Me, Tron, Zahit, Darkcrawler, KgKg, Vic, Arachnoid Freak, The Flyxx....shall I keep going while we're on topic?

I know they didn't vote for me, did I state otherwise?

Funny how you accuse me of being a bully, yet you purposely revive threads to go against me. Revive the Storm/Wonder Woman thread, but if it's gonna be pages after pages of science and fanboyism on the part of you and your fan club, is there point? Really?

"yeah stop acting like you own the threads- for all we know most of those votes could have been yours"

Yeah but in reality they weren't. I really hope, for your sake, that GalacticStorm ISN'T you.

I'm not saying he is, just saying I hope that he isn't...for your sake.

-AC

stormfront13
the point is that ur being stupid! you started all this fighting because you tell people that they don't know anything and should leave the threads- you are always starting the arguements

Alpha Centauri
"the point is that ur being stupid! you started all this fighting because you tell people that they don't know anything and should leave the threads- you are always starting the arguements"

I'm not being stupid, you are by trying to get involved where you clearly know nothing besides Storm. You just said to me in the other thread "You know nothing about Storm do you?". I do, I've been reading X-Men since before you were even able to form sentences most likely. You admitted to knowing nothing of Doom, yet when you say she can win, it's ok?

Get out of here man. Stay in the Storm/Doom thread, doesn't actually bother me really. Just don't expect to be taken:

A) Seriously.

B) Lightly.

I whoop with equal opportunity. If you're old enough to give it, you can take it.

-AC

stormfront13
i've been taking it and like I said yesterday I went to doom sites and read about him. I saw comic pages and I saw his bio in the marvel encyclopedia. he doesn't seem all that powerful to me. just because you wer reading them before I was born doesn't prove a thing.

Alpha Centauri
"i've been taking it and like I said yesterday I went to doom sites and read about him. I saw comic pages and I saw his bio in the marvel encyclopedia."

Everybody on this forum will tell you that Marvel databases aren't reliable. Going to sites? So what? Reading a few bios on his doesn't mean you know enough to talk. He's been in hundreds and hundreds of comics. What makes you think reading a few sites is gonna help you?

"he doesn't seem all that powerful to me. just because you wer reading them before I was born doesn't prove a thing."

I've been reading comics much longer than you. Much longer. I liked the X-Men before you could even say the word "poop". Who are you to tell a veteran comics fan 4 years your senior, that he knows nothing about something in comics, when you are sapping from sites?

Like I said, all day.

-AC

stormfront13
i never said you know nothing. you probably know more than me. I have been reading comics since I could read and I know plenty to back up what I say.

Alpha Centauri
Everything you've said I've shot down.

Everything else you've said is Demigawd's.

-AC

stormfront13
look face the facts no one likes you and ur being pathetic!! you start arguements get other people fighting and get other people mad. you are a rude, arrogant and egotistical!!your so full of urself that you think ur never wrong and thats stupid!! you ruin posting for everyone! i am so sick of you that I am not posting anywhere you do!!

stormfront13
you should just stop arguing with people that way its better for everyone

Alpha Centauri
"look face the facts no one likes you and ur being pathetic!! you start arguements get other people fighting and get other people mad."

Hahahahaha.

I LOVE it when people get so pissed off. It's so funny. Chill out kid. Fighting? Who's fighting? I'm not fighting. You're the only one getting upset. You made the choice to involve yourself. It's on your head.

"you are a rude, arrogant and egotistical!!your so full of urself that you think ur never wrong and thats stupid!! you ruin posting for everyone! i am so sick of you that I am not posting anywhere you do!!"

Rude? Yeah, Rick Rude. Arrogant? Yes, I wear it well though. Egotistical? Hmm...I'll get back to you.

I don't think I'm never wrong. Just not alot, hardly ever. I ruin posting for everyone? People seem to be doing fine except you.

Shhh.

-AC

theflyxx
Based on what you said about Iron Man, I was going to say that you really should just stick to "X-Man A" vs. "X-Man B" threads since you don't seem to know anything about characters outside the X-Men universe. However, from what you said about Psylocke, maybe you don't even know that much about the X-Men universe either......

stormfront13
well she did it she hit him and then his suit was like done and so was he

Alpha Centauri
...and what website told you that?

-AC

stormfront13
not a website a comic

Alpha Centauri
Tony Stark flies in Storms.

Make no mistake though, Iron-Man would beat Storm.

He has weather defensive armour. She doesn't have artillery defensive body.

-AC

GalacticStorm
Ac what a damn hypocrite. Werent u criticising me for bringing an argument from one topic over into another. In the case of Polaris vs Storm as i stated earlier storm overpowered her simple as . She sent her way way more electrical energy than she could handle or deflect and in the end she got sizzled outta the sky. Since those days both women have got far more adept at using their abilities. Polaris particularly yet she is by no means Magneto. On many occassions storm has come close to defeating Magneto singlehandedly by reverting to hurrricane force winds when he used her lightning against her. Storm has great experience fighting against the master of magnetism. Polaris with considerably lower power levels should be no problem. However it has not happened again so i wont say Storm would win for certain but going by past events id say shes got this one in the bag.

Alpha Centauri
Uno question:

Why create the thread then?

Don't give me that "To see what others think" BS.

-AC

GalacticStorm
Yes i wanted to hear what other peoples opinions were on the subject theres nothing wrong with that. None of us no absolutely everything about Marvel but from hearing the views of others we can pick up stuff and see if our viewpoints could be wrong. So far noone has stated anything to make me think that storm wouldnt win but if they do then i'll post a thread.

Alpha Centauri
I don't see the point in pitting two characters against each other with a pre-determined outcome in your mind.

Why not "Polaris and Storm"? Discussing the characters like you so claim?

-AC

azndrgn
Hey people. Go see the "Michael Myers vs Jason vs Freddy: a lil surprise" thread! Trust me, it'll be worth it!

stormfront13
omg alpha is that ur answer to everything?? you said the very same thing to me

pr1983
in uncanny recently at polaris' wedding to havok she went insane and paralysed everybody at the wedding, including all the x-men...

she's quickly approaching magneto's power level...

both storm and polaris have comparable levels of power...

Alpha Centauri
"omg alpha is that ur answer to everything?? you said the very same thing to me"

Yes. "You" wink.

-AC

stormfront13
k well I was expecting something with a bit of attitude in it but that works to

apocalyptic
Can storm's lightning bolts penetrate polaris's forcefeild, can storm go thru polaris forcefeild and if storm used a lightening bolt on polaris would this stun/render her unconscious or give her extra energy/power.

Couldnt storm just summon powerful hurricanes etc near polaris, this would surely kill her and even with a forcefeild around her wouldnt polaris just be going around in circles and eventually pass out, storm could also use her other powers i.e. strong winds,rain strong/big snowballs and anything else she can do with her power.

However couldnt polaris create a forcefeild around storm and send her into space or something (similar to what magneto can do), didnt polaris also paralyze the whole x-men team and if she reaches magnetos power then i guess polaris would win, but since this will take her time, time in which storm would reach her full potential (someone mentioned she has omega potential, not sure about polaris and can give magento a could fight and he is much more powerful then polaris).

I would say storm.

Draco69
Polaris isn't working with a full set of eggs nowadays (she's nuts), so Storm could use this to her advantage.

stormfront13
storm has also fought magneto on multiple occasions so she knows what she is dealing with

DigiMark007
Personally, and this probably has absolutely no place in a thread that has been dominated mainly by argument (I just feel in the mood for some quasi-naive irrelevance), but I never understood Storm. All the other X-Men, to me at least, seemed to have "internalized" powers...something that is within themselves or derives from within themself. But Storm? She "controls the weather". To me, that's not an innate mutant ability, that's witchcraft or some form of sorcery. I could never intellectually justify it (obviously, most of them are rather outrageous, but my suspension of disbelief has always been sorely tested with her).

Don't get me wrong, I love the character of Storm (Orroro)...just could never fully come to grips with her powers.

...hope everyone has a nice day. wink

-DM

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
storm has also fought magneto on multiple occasions so she knows what she is dealing with

if i fight the hulk on multiple occasions i'll know what i'm dealing with but i'll still get my ass kicked...

stormfront13
thats cause you are no match for hulk- and digimark she is an empath to the weather, the weather goes with her emotions, but she can also maniputlae it and contol it.

Wonderman
Storm is overpowered here. Not that she doesn't stand a chance in the wind but she is out powered. Remember Polaris is powerful but not as powerful as Magneto. So i could be wrong. Maybe Storm in her full fury could overload her. With her winds protecting her nothing Polaris throws at her will hit her. Your right Stromfront13. this would be a great battle.

pr1983
thats cause you are no match for hulk- and digimark she is an empath to the weather, the weather goes with her emotions, but she can also maniputlae it and contol it.

and storm is no match for magneto... thats my point...

storm and polaris are both very capable of beating each other...

stormfront13
i never said she was all i said was that storm has fought him on many occasions so she knows what might be coming

pr1983
but that wont make a difference will it?

stormfront13
if she knows what to expect then she might be prepared. she has felt magnetos powers so she knows what polaris can do. in a way it is like seeing the future. if you know ur opponents powers well and what they can and can not do then it will be helpful

Wonderman
Storm might actually be able to effect people like Magnetos powers. Storm is connected to the earth through an emotional level. If she is engaged enough, she might be able to weaken an opponent whos power is derived from the Earth. That might be one of her levels when she reaches a fuller power. Just a speculation.

stormfront13
i never thought of it that way- good way to look at it

Draco69
For some odd reason, Storm can now emit an EMP. She used it on Sage when she was possessed by some wacky techno-cyborg.

stormfront13
whats an EMP ??

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
For some odd reason, Storm can now emit an EMP. She used it on Sage when she was possessed by some wacky techno-cyborg.

you are kidding... seriously?

EMP - electro magnetic pulse...

stormfront13
wait what does that do??

pr1983
basically disables any electronic devices within a certain radius, u ever see the matrix?

stormfront13
yeah and it makes sense that she can do that imo. with overriding everything with electricity kinda right??

Alpha Centauri
I knew it was a matter of time before Storm got some ridiculous power.

It's become standard in X-Men.

-AC

Draco69
Emma Frost now has the ability to stand half-nude for several hours in Antarctica.

And blame Claramont. He's the one who gave it to her.

Alpha Centauri
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

-AC

pr1983
yeah and it makes sense that she can do that imo. with overriding everything with electricity kinda right??

no... its more suited to magneto or polaris...

Alpha Centauri
Wonder who gave her that power.....the EMP thing.....

This is just solidifying my theories.

-AC

stormfront13
well it makes sence i mean she has a good control over electricity. and in her diamond form emma in invulnerable to fire- that is also why she was able to walk through the fire in that one comic

Wonderman
You have to see Oceans 11 where they steal a device that generates an Emp and wipe out power to vegas. Great movie.
Lightning and an assult on Polaris within the spectrum may only be effective by someone deeper in the spec. like Magneto or Binary...so on and so forth.
Storm has the emp, didn't think of it and thats cool but here forte` is elemental.
It may be more even between these two than it seems lop sided to Polaris.
Remember when Storm was in the Savage land and her powers were increasing. She practically sat Magneto down.

pr1983
emp is as much magnetic as electrical...

she doesn't control electricity as well as that...

stormfront13
she has a small control over electricity- that is one of the reasons that she is so good at fighting sentinals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.