Sex or Music?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcrypT
A bit of a misleading title but it's to the point...
What makes modern music sell?
Is it how sexy the band/singer is, is it how sexy/dirty their music is or is it their musical talent?
I'm not talking about all modern music, more towards what's on MTV with a few exceptions.
IMO today it's the sex that sells and not the music sad

*Discuss...

jaden101
in the case of pop music its most definitely sex sells...not so much the case with other genre's of music...except for rockbitch...but thats a different matter entirely stick out tongue

its a bit warped given that the music genre that uses sex to sell is aimed at kids...namely people like britney and her ilk...

still...i cant say i mind gettin a good swizz of her thrupenny bits when she's on the box...cause she it HOT...but its never made me go and buy her albums

Alpha Centauri
Idiots buy music because the artist is hot.

No debating really. Anyone who buys a Kylie Minogue record just coz she has a nice ass deserves a slap.

If you wanna use sex to sell, I think it's disgraceful but fine. I'm not LOSING anything, just gaining eye candy. Don't also claim to be credible though.

-AC

PunisherFan33
i vote music bcause i play guitar

jaden101
should we interpret that as "i voted music...cause im as ugly as its possible for a human to be"

laughing

just kidding mate

Df02
i hope its music or im stopping halting my ambitions right now erm

tabby999
damn you, i was completly missled by that heading!
if you want to see people who are in it for the looks not the music, go to the simple plan thread, can see the shite music for the david so to speak

GABRIEL05
Sex is just one part of it. What makes modern music sell is marketing. There are people who get paid mucho dinero to sit around study people just like you or me and come up with ways to get you to buy all the music out there. They have it down to a cold, calculated science

Konjammenson
depends on what you listen to, pop is all about looks. even all those screamy little girls with throbbing hairless cooches crying over 98 degrees don't even like the music deep down inside. they are just attracted to the hot male figures who, in their own fantasies, give them the male attention they really want. not the kind they only get from daddy when he has a stiffy

ChickinMeat
aye same here!

AcrypT
That kinda seemed like a persinol attack and if so then you miss understood me. I'm not saying that it's good that sex is selling now adays instead of music, on the contrary, i think it's horrible.
I think it's absolutely sick that people buy albums from bands like Kylie Minogu, Briteny, 50 Cent, ect...
I don't wanna use sex to sell, I think anyone who likes a band not purly for their music should be shot on spot but I also think that too many people today buy sexy music instead of good music.

AcrypT
To add to that, this thread isn't about what you find more important, sex or music, it's about what you find to be a more affective seller to todays modern audience.
Obviosly the music should be much more important, if not the only important factor of the music that people listen to.

Deathblow
Music is still very much the biggest seller. Think about it, the only group in society who buy music based on the artist's looks are the preppy 11-17 year old girls, and maybe a few guys from that age group too. Fact of the matter is, a high percentage of kids nowadays are into alternative music, and the majority of adults (I would hope) aren't stupid and hormone-addled enough to buy Christina Milian's music purely because she has an amazing body.

Although saying that, I had never paid any attention to Kidneythieves, a band I like a lot, before I saw their video where Free Dominguez spends the whole time writhing around in a bath tub.

Sex sells in any form of media, it's just a shame music is included.

jaden101
why bother buying albums from an artist you like purely for looks when you can go on the net and find fake pics of them with their **** out

laughing

PunisherFan33
i said earlier that i voted music........but im actually in between the both of them.....i like sex but i also like music

Konjammenson
no expression

jaden101
down like the titanic then?

tabby999
that joke went down faster than paris hilton

gwiinlgleirn
I'm a little confused. Was the question whether I like sex or music better or which sells better? I personall think that music is better but sex sells better.

Konjammenson
Sex sells A LOT of records. But think about it, there are only a handfull of successfull pop artists compared to a big sea real artists. The pop artists don't sell out the real music community as a whole I'm sure.

Libertine
Sex is mostly portrayed for pop music. But to be honest thats only because pop music is crap. No ones gonna by a Justin album for he's influencial musically, but because he's 'nice looking.' Then after about two or three years he will be replaced by someone younger and cuter.

kaztiyo
blowupdrooliodrooldoh

kaztiyo
giljotiinihooverhomerpimpsniperrifle

Konjammenson
your an idiot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.