dr.doom/magneto vs pre crisis superman/thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
both teams have 24 hour prep time (even though i doubt thor or superman would do anything with it)

kgkg
"even though i doubt thor or superman would do anything with it" exactly lol

but pre crisis superman and thor are to powerful unlease doom finds a way to stop pre crisis superman it's over for doom and mag

mr.smiley
that's the real reason why i said 24 hours prep time.
I think doom could find a way and magneto could help him execute it.
however,i belive they might need more than 24 hours prep time

Victor Von Doom
I think Doom and Magneto would win. Although Superman was powerful, he wasn't invincible. Prep time in Doom's hands is deadly. If it was merely Doom and Magneto carrying out a plan, and SM and Thor having to stop it, they may be able to do that.

LordFear
Doom alone is a formidable opponent. Magneto added only amplifies Doom's capabilities for destruction. You are pitting brains vs brawls. SM and Thor are not particularly above average smart just very strong beings. Dooms and Mag are not only strong but what they lack in brute strength is made for in gray matter.
Dooms and Mag for sure with prep time

kgkg
i hardly thing thor and pre cisis sups will let them excute there move.

remember if it was normal superman i whould go for mag and doom with prep.

but pre crisis this guy moved planets , and thor is no joke either.

Thor can beat mag and help out beat doom if doom has some sort plan for pre sups.

LordFear
you forget that being the master of magnetism means that you can control things like the iron in someones blood, to shorting out the electrical activity of the brain and heart to summoning the geomagnetic pull of the Earth and amplifing his powers. Remember that little handy glove that Hawkman has which harnesses the power of the Earth through it's magnetic field and core and channels it into his glove, so can Magnus. So Thor will have a serious fight on his hands.

kgkg
he will put a fight but in the end no way mag is beating the GOD of tunder.

are you saying mag can beat thor?

Swanky-Tuna
Pre-crisis Supes was also a super genius

LordFear
I am saying that by rights, Mag is considered a God himself. He can litterally hit Thor with the power of the Earth. Do u think Thor could withstand such a blow and for how long? Furthermore could the Uru hammer smash his force field at full strength?

Victor Von Doom
DC really needed to learn some restraint back then.

Alpha Centauri
Ironic really.

DETECTIVE Comics.

Yet they don't have a clue.

-AC

Hegemon875
Actually Superman is a genius. A little known fact from his origins.

EDIT: just read swanky's post and I guess some ppl do know.

LordFear
Supes is a genius???
I am sorry but I need facts to support that hypothesis

Molecule man
Mags and Doom wins, im sure Doom could find a way to increase Mags powers to crazy power levels, such as able to control all the four forces.

demigawd
Doesn't need to. Magneto can now manipulate reality itself and all aspects of the physical world.

Molecule man
Are u kidding? When did this happend?

Swanky-Tuna
Has that been printed yet or is it still speculation?

demigawd
Excalibur. It's the prelude to the House of M storyline. He basically surmised that there's a connection between Wanda's reality powers and his own powers, and that if he expanded his conciousness, he could harness power over reality.

demigawd
He restored electricity to an area of Genosha that had none. The electricity is self-generated. He warped molecules around to completely restore a house to its original splendor.

Swanky-Tuna
But has he done it yet?

Superherovandal
And they say PC Supes was over-powered

demigawd
Yeah, it came out a couple of weeks ago. Stop by and pick it up. It's a good read.

LordFear
Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I didn't even know about that. Then I now confirm my previous statement in a previous thread when someone asked me if Mags could beat Thor. Reality altering abilities?????????????????Forget about it!!!

demigawd
So...I guess the conclusion here is that Magneto takes this by himself.

But you probably already figured that.

Swanky-Tuna
Tell me about it. Watch, Magneto becomes a god and all of a sudden SURPRISE! IT'S ANOTHER XORN!

demigawd
Maybe Xorn will be revealed to be the name for Magnetobots that Magneto created to cover all his bad showings....

LordFear
when they suped Mags up ridiculously.
I guess Charles isn't even in his league now huh?

demigawd
I guess we'll find out next issue. Magneto summoned Xavier, who was like, "What the Hell? How did Magneto get so powerful that he's done all of this?". Then Magneto asked Charles to help him with his daughter. Charles wondered if they're even friends anymore. Then it ended.

LordFear
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
gotta pick that up

Swanky-Tuna
Maybe it'll turn out that the real Magneto died in a crash on a bus to Jacksonville and the infinite family of Xorns are the ones with the reality bending powers.

LordFear
that would be a sucky twist

demigawd
Oh, earlier in the run, it was strongly suggested that Magneto is also immortal.

LordFear
Oh c'mon now that is just garbage. You would have to rearrange his entire bio from scratch. SEE this is why I stopped buying Xmen books. They keep making these guys too strong. It's beginning to suck big time

Scoobless
FFS........... what is the point of having a character that can do whatever they want? i know everyone say's DC overpowers their characters........ and they're right........... but the MU has more than enough cosmic level guys flying around and has absolutely no need to create any more........ why is it that any character involved in the X-titles has to achieve uber-power status???????

i'm really getting sick of it miffed

demigawd
lol. There's a reasonable explanation for it, though. They're saying essentially that Magneto doesn't just control EM energy - to a large extent, he IS EM energy. He just doesn't know it (though he's beginning to discover that). He should have died many, many times, and yet he keeps popping back up, always as good as new. Xavier figured there HAS to be some explanation for it, and then went on to surmise that Magneto can do A LOT more than even he believes he can do. This was around the same time that elsewhere Magneto also came to the conclusion that he can do A LOT more than he believed he can do.

LordFear
a joke. That's what they are doing turning their once great characters into a joke. Now everybody is a god and ladifreakingda!!!

demigawd
I think that people who complain about all these powerups and how they're unreasonable are missing a very important point. Many mutants are elemental in nature. People like Magneto, Storm, Iceman. They all control forces of nature that really knows no limit. Given that they control aspects of nature, there really ARE no defined properties of their powers. It's limited only to their imagination, intelligence, experience, and the load their bodies can handle. It's natural that as they mature that their knowledge of that fact will increase and their abilities will increase as well. Ditto with psionics, which is also a force of nature in the MU. That's why you see people like Jean getting more powerful, but not people like Cyclops or Kitty Pryde, who have very defined and specific power.

Swanky-Tuna
That's because nobody likes Cyclops or Kitty Pryde.

demigawd
lol. And Iceman has a big fan club, right?

Scoobless
explanation or not, it's still a sh*tty idea to constantly up the power levels of your characters....... it's turning into friggin' power ranger town where they have a new robot dino thing every other week, or like DBZ whenever they meet a stronger character they have to double their own power.....................................

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END????????

(and by "madness" i mean sh*t character development ideas.............. in case you hadn't noticed)

mr.smiley
agreed.
does anyone know if cyclops deystroyed a moon with his optic blast.
someone said this once in this forum.
is it true?

LordFear
yeah but how come Jean gets inhabited by a cosmic being who is virtually indestructible? How is it that Storm can control weather in any environment that support air? Iceman can control his frigid temp so keenly that he can manipulate weather and dew drops. Gambit has power of persuasion that makes him a low but growing level telepath? I mean the stories are getting ridiculous. The reason why people loved Xmen was because we could relate to it in our own society. Mutants ie Racism but now it's getting overwhelming and not keeping that same magical ingredient that attracted it's readers.

mr.smiley
agreed (sorry for all the agreeing)

It don't bother me cause the themes have always stayed the same themes throughout x history.
but the longer a franchise goes the higher the stakes get and the more epic it becomes

Draco69
To be honest, I've always seen a closer parallel between mutants and the homosexuals nowadays. The coming-out, the realization of their orientation/powers, hiding their orientation/powers, and finally the religous uprising against mutants/homosexuals. They're practically the same theme.

LordFear
really Draco???
I always saw Charles as Martin Luther King and Magneto as Malcom X
two ideologies vastly different as far as the means but the goal being the same, acceptance whether by force or free will.
Anybody care to comment about that one for a sec???

Draco69
That theme (the racism) is long gone nowadays. It was SUPPOSED to be that. But now the modern X-Men comics reflect on the plight of homosexuals. They have practically the same issues. Except the Sentinels of course.

Scoobless
gambit's a telepath now........*groan*............ how long do you think it'll be before he becomes as powerful as xavier?......... i'd bet on around 3 years, but by then storm will control the sun, wolverine will be able to heal others, beast will be stronger than galactus, nightcrawler will be able to teleport things by looking at them, colossus will have died 5 more times, xavier will be faster than the flash and cyclops will have grown a personality

LordFear
learn something new everyday

mr.smiley
scoobles it's probably sad but true.
i'm on both sides of the issue

azndrgn
Hey people. Go see the "Michael Myers vs Jason vs Freddy: a lil surprise" thread! Trust me, it'll be worth it!

mr.smiley
ha!
i can't wait to see how that turns out

LordFear
damn shame Gambit can't even talk proper english but now he is a telepath pile of excrement that is

mr.smiley
maybe he'll begin to speak correct english and he won't be a sterotyped character anymore!!
those cajuns all talk the same!

Draco69
Gambit is a telepath now? The f@#@?

LordFear
OUCH!!!! low blow there mr smiley!!!

demigawd
lol, Gambit is NOT a telepath. In fact, his charm powers have been basically ignored.

And the X-men are not growing more powerful, either. Read Astonishing X-men. Does that look like a powerhouse team to you? The only upgrade in any way, shape, or form that took place was Emma's secondary mutation, which was Morrison's idea. And that doesn't make her more powerful, either.

Uncanny doesn't have any overpowered people on it, either. In fact, Rachael is weaker than I've seen her in years. She can't even telepathically control Storm.

X-men is probably the most powerful of the three teams, and even then, Polaris has yet to manipulate anyone's iron in their blood, and Iceman hasn't done anything unusually powerful, either.

So where's this so-called trend? There are a few isolated characters who are increasing the potency of their power. Hardly a trend worthy of hatred compared to what Thanos got.

LordFear
demigawn c'mon dude
u know that they got stupid upgrades and that's a fact doesn't have to be in one collective series but various here and there. U put it all together and that's what u get despite whatever u may want to argue. The Xmen are gonna be a wanna be Avengers in the next 3years top.
Mark my words.

Scoobless
can someone explain to me how ice-man's new powers work? i mean the whole freezing peoples blood inside them thing........... does he freeze the entire person or just the blood? if so how can he reduce the temperature inside someone without freezing the outside??????

help!

demigawd
There are probably 50 or so mutants characters in the X-books. Who can I name who has gotten significant power upgrades?

Iceman
Jean Grey
Xavier
Magneto
Cable
Wolverine (better healing factor)
Sabretooth (adamantium)
Polaris
There's a rumor going around saying Colossus did too, but he hasn't shown it in the comics yet.

Scarlet Witch got an upgrade, but she's an Avenger. Can't blame the X-office for that.

Who else? That's comparable to other Marvel characters.

mr.smiley
iceman is almost god like now

demigawd
He the ability to slow down molecular vibration, and perhaps even the ability to speed it up. So he can cause a variety of effects, such as freezing objects, lowering someone's temperature, creating ice out of water molecules, etc.

Scoobless
ok, that's a start......... but HOW does he cause this affect over distance when not in direct contact with the target? can it be blocked?

demigawd
HOW does he do it? He, like all elementals, is able to perceive the world in gradients that work with his mutant power. So he can essentially sense molecules all around him, up to some unspecified distance, and affect it. It can be blocked by someone with equal or greater molecular control. Like Molecule Man, or Magneto, or a really powerful psionic.

Scoobless
but what about the likes of invisible woman's force field? or even a solid wall? or across the cap of a vacuum? or what if something was disrupting the molecules between him and his intended target? what do you think?

demigawd
It works on any molecules. In theory, it could work from even the inside of Invisible Woman's shield. As long as he's able to perceive it, he can manipulate it.

Scoobless
that would essentially make him telekinetic.......... which he has never been said to be...... it must have limits....... distance or line of sight or something

Draco69
All elementals are essentially telekinetic. Storm is one.

mr.smiley
to get a more in depth view of, it get the book science of the x men.
it's pretty sweet

Victor Von Doom
There was me thinking he throws snowballs.

mr.smiley
he's matured into a full iceman now.
i'm so proud

kgkg
dr.doom/magneto vs pre crisis superman/thor

from

that

to mutions of x-men interesting

mr.smiley
i was thinking the same thing.
oh well that's how threads go.
no one ever answered my cyclops question though

ZephroCarnelian
Pre-Crisis Supes was MADE to be invincible. Before they toned him down, his sole job was to humiliate amazingly powerful bad guys in the most interesting ways possible, and then deliver a stern lecture about justice afterwards, lol.

mr.smiley
what powerful villians has he fought?
people keep telling me that doomsday and batman are the only two tough people he ever fought

nigel45
Hitler is probably one.

demigawd
What was the Cyclops question, again?

And yeah, they say most mutant powers are "psionically activated", even though they're not psionic mutants, per se. Psionically really just means using the mind to do something.

mr.smiley
someone of this forum once said he deystroyed the moon,or a moon with his optic blast.

demigawd
No recollection of that.

mr.smiley
i'm gonna have to try to find that,cause i never remember that happening.
i know their was an x novel were the x men landed on a planet that increased their powers x100 or something crazy like that.
i was thinking it might have been from one of those novels but i've never read any of them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.