British Law Officially Insane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
A illegal immigrant refused citizenship 4 times, Zambian Aaron Chisango
(27)drove while drunk (1 and a half times over the limit on a downed bottle of whiskey), No licence and no Insurance... He then plowed into 12yr old schoolboy Jamie Mason, leading to the boy's death from head and internal injuries later the same day....Naturally the Boy's parents were/are totally devastated....... And the sentence...?

Mr.Chisango got 8 WEEKS jail time for it...... and plans to fight to stay in the UK on his release.... People who are locked into immigration centers
while being checked out for release into the British public do more time that that....!!!!!

( The CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) dropped a charge of causing death by careless driving "Because of insufficient evidence."
The defendant later admitted to lesser offences of "Driving with excess alchohol" and "Having no licence or insurance" and was jailed for two months subsequently.)

8 weeks....? Now im not getting xenophobic here (And certainly not as xenophobic as papers like 'The Sun' would like us to be, but the guy HAS come into a country where he has been refused citizenship to 4 times, wrongly taken a car on to the road, got tanked up, and hit a boy killing him... a mere 8 weeks...? No wonder Mr.Chisango wants to stay here if he now sees how ludicrous our laws have become...

Does this seems as disturbing and outrageously crazy to anyone else....? sad

Fire
the fact that he is an illegal foreigner has nothing to do wiv the fact that he only has to serve 8 weeks and nor should it

smoker4
That is insane, the fact that the person is an immigrant is irrelevant, 8 weeks FFS

Sadako of Girth
Spot on... Its that such a sentance was passed on to ANYONE AT ALL that sickens me....? Is that all that someones life is worth now...?

The point im making is really on that note is that I think that ALL our laws border control being just one of them, are a joke now.

Im the descendant of asylum seekers from the 40's and am not attacking the guy personally for where he came from,
however, you could argue that if he wasn't successful in illegally being here then he wouldn't have been behind the wheel there...
But that goes in another debate I guess.

But the real aspect of this that stunned me is the length of sentance..

Fire
idd it's pretty weak, but if they didn't find enough evidence it can add up no matter how weird it seems

jaden101
strange

this guy gets 8 weeks for killing a boy...and a footballer gets 3 months for killing...a street light

Sadako of Girth
Yep... Thats exactly what Im talking about....!!!
WTF is going on with this mad, mad country...??
Totally screwed up priorities...... sick

Fire
as I said before they said there was insufficient evidence. Granted this guy has almost 100% did it. However the Law is the Law and you can not start to bend it for each case individually.

Linkalicious
Well apparently Lil B was right.....the UK truly does have more freedom than America

Ushgarak
He didn't only get 8 weeks because he was an immigrant- He only got it because they could not prove serious charges against him. That's different. He got convincted of quite minor crimes.

Without knowing the full details of the case it is hard for us to comment- I am pretty certain that if it had been as clear cut as presented, they WOULD have nailed him. They would have no reason not so.

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely agree there Ush. It probably wasn't due to his origins at all.
But bottom line is: He caused the death of someone with drunk driving regardless of technicality, it IS established that he killed the person via those means and as you know, people get dished out worse for less as put across by the Footballer/Lightbulb incident among others....
I still think that 8 weeks is disgusting, and that will be not only of no-comfort to the Parents, but a source of aggravating insult to greiving people...
The Sun (Who I sourced this from) were right to find this appalling,
but I do think that they are unfairly playing on the sense of xenophobia that this government seems to encourage in some less-than-broad-perspective-having members of the public by highlighting the illegal immigrant aspect of it, instead of focusing on the matter at hand:

The Home office needs to be tougher all-round right now IMHO.

Whether it be Burgulary, Person-to-Person Streetcrime, Sexual assaults, Illegal immigration, Nonces, Organised crime, Crack dealers and other Hard Drugs.... Many of these areas are"Look after the perp first, then worry about the victim..." (Especially if they are a lightbulb wink )

Ushgarak
Obviously I don't know the details. But the fact of the matter almost certainly is that he denies he was driving dangerously, and unless there are enough witnesses who can say otherwise (after all, plenty of road accidents are the fault of the pedestrians), we can't PROVE that he was.

It's a harsh problem, but not an uncommon one- we know it happened but can't prove it. I dout the CPS takes any pleasure in it.

Sadako of Girth
Fair enough points again Ush.

But the drink driving element should (especially in the case of death) IMHO carry a sentence with more weight-even as a deterrent.... Otherwise what is done to discourage it...?

Ushgarak
You may very well be right there. He received, most likely, the maximum sentence you can get for simply being drunk in charge.

Sadly, without being able to establish that the accident was his fault, we can't get him on causing death by drunken driving, which is where the real penalty is. Basically, what he has gotten here is as much as he would for just being pulled over by the cops and caught out. Without establishing it was his fault, the death has actually made no difference.

Tragic but true.

Sadako of Girth
yes sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.