Discussion: Eric by Terry Pratchett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WindDancer
Discussion: Eric by Terry Prachett

March book of the Month

All discussions related to this book should be in this thread. To keep readability of posts, there is no need to use spoilers in your posts unless you feel it is absolutely necessary. Anyone reading the posts in this particular thread must be aware that they may contain spoilers about the plot and characters of the book.

pinsleepe
For poor people who have no idea about this fabulous book happy

Eric is the Discworld's only demonology hacker. The trouble is, he's not very good at it. All he wants is the usual three wishes: to be immortal, rule the world and have the most beautiful woman fall madly in love with him. The usual stuff.
But what he gets is Rincewind, and Rincewind's Luggage into the bargain.
Terry Pratchett's hilarious take on the Faust legend stars many of the Discworld's'most popular characters in an outrageous adventure that will leave Eric wishing once more - this time, quite fervently, that he'd never been born . . .

They didn't say anythink about my lovable Astfgl mad

Phoenix
I love this book so much! ((but then, I love all Pratchett's books))

This book is hilarious, thoughtful and action-packed, it'll suit anyone! Young Eric attempts to look the part by means of a false beard, which doesn't really inspire much hope in Rincewind, especially as Eric still lives at home with his overbearing mother and a garrulous parrot.

This will make you laugh til you can't even breathe, but also has some excellent plot twists and epic locations - jungles, above the city of the gods, hades... the usual stuff! eek!

Definitely worth a read, and I advise you to read the rest of the series - you'll love them all, each in a different way!

shaber
I actually liked the parrot - though wouldn't want to be under its jurisdiction!

seriph
it was my favorite... wasitsname, discworld book

WindDancer
I'll pick up a copy this weekend. Looking forward to read this book. smile

Corran
Although I loved it and I am a big discworld fan the downside to this for people new to Rincewind and the discworld is that they will not fully appreciate the luggage. But all in all a very good read, somewhat shorter than the usual discworld novels but a good introduction to Pratchett's style of writing and humour.

Pratchett's take on the Trojan horse legend was brilliant.

seriph
yeah i loved it, the bits involving hell and demons were very funny,enjoy winddancer

Clovie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.