movies that go against others movies in the franchise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
what movies have you watched with obvious contradictions of other movies from the same franchise?
my fave is in Freddy Vs Jason where Jason gets shit scared of water, where back in the other movies he has apsolutly no problem with water at all. he pops out of the water a few times for the people in boats, he gets burried under water then goes fine at the start of "jason takes manhattan" when hes under there.
they had to make up the whole "hes scared of water" crap for freddy to have a way of beating him.
anyone else got a favourite?

Wolfie
That's true but I think it makes sense. Jason's brain is the size of a peanut. It's entirely believable for him to be scared of a simple element as water. I bet he would be pretty traumatized after drowning how many times.

I liked how in Dollman vs. the Demonic Toys, they couldn't cast the chick that was actually left in one of the containers so they changed it around so the nurse was left in there. You hear the voiceovers and all in the flashbacks.

tabby999
still, i dont think his irrational fear of water would surface so damn quick. plus at the end of the movie he comes back out of the water to kill freddy, then hes walking from the lake in hell without much trouble, doing pretty well for someone with such an irrational fear of water dont you think

Wolfie
Jason was getting out of the water. He doesn't run, we never see any emotion though he did look scared by the look in his eyes when Freddy started attacking him.

Smasandian
If he was scared of water, he wouldnt kill near a lake.

tabby999
like i said, they needed to pull a bullshit exscuse from somewhere, otherwise there would be no way freddy could have beat jason.

Wolfie
He could've still beat him. Freddy likes to be ironic with his kills so they made up something for Freddy to fight Jason with.

tabby999
even if you go with the ironic thing, the only time freddy is truely effective is when hes in someones dream, and even when he got into jasons head, he only got him because the writers pulled that bullshit water phobia from nowhere. before that (and after that mind you) it was pretty obvious Freddy had nothing on jason

Wolfie
The whole boiler room pinball scene had nothing to do with water. He still could put up a fight, it just wouldn't be ironic if they didn't make up the water phobia. Many directors have expanded on the Jason character over the years, this is just another expansion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.