Ironman and War Machine vs. A Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Ironman and War Machine vs. A Green Lantern. Could Ironman and War machine have enough firepower to counter a Green Lantern's ring?

crazyspinz
yes

azndrgn
By how big a margin?

daffy duck92
I dunno. if green lantern is pumped up, he could win. Happy Dance

Sentry
Bye bye GL...

theflyxx
Iron Man and War Machine could definitely defeat a Green Lantern with their combined effort.

spetznaz
Against a comic book GL (as opposed to the cartoon versions that only seem to use their rings in rather limited and uninspired ways) there is really no way Iron Man and War Machine could win. In the comic books the rings are basically one of the most powerful weapons in the cosmos, given by the Guardians of Oa to the most deserving person in a region.
The most Iron Man could do is use his particle beam cannon, and War Machine is less capable than IM (not that he is a slouch - he is not).
A comic book GL would bring them down hard and fast.
Easily.
Any of the GLs could, as an example, create several duplicates of the Iron Man armor to simultaneously attack Tony and his bud.
And that is just one of a myriad possibilities that a ring user could employ. The only limit is basically whatever their mind can dream up, and their will support.

If you are talking about suits the only one with a chance would be the Aegis Entropy suit of Steel. And even that is not a given.
Virtually all of Tony's suits (i will not comment on how the Thor buster would cope), and ALL of WarMachine's variants, would easily fall before a GL.

Ironmanpower
No, the GL need to be concentrated when he do particular thing with his ring. Against WM and and IM there no chance to be calm and concentrated. They are too fast, too strong and have too much fire powers. Second if GL want to attack IM he have to give full power attack to pass the forcefield. So he will be defenceless for the one he don't attack. And for more, all GL attack are a form of energy, so Iron man could absorb GL energy and redirect this energy to his own fire weapon. To finish, I have already saw class 100 destroy the GL ring defence shield and we have 2 class 100 who will never stop attacking GL with full power.

Ironman and Warmachine

Mainstream
basically Iron man and the "black iron man" vs a green latern...which GL or does it matter?

azndrgn
Since this is my thread I'm going to advertise my "Martial Arts tournament" thread. Check it out! cool

azndrgn
It's up to you guys to choose the Green Lantern. My favorite would probably be John

Mainstream
Black power!....I'm black but my fav GL is Kyle..he's the most creative..John kinda like a black verison of Hal.

DarkCrawler
Alan is my favorite...

But Hal would destroy IM and WM.

Mainstream
I could go with Hal beating the Hal out of the Iron men!

pr1983
iron man and warmachine are basically mobile weapons platforms, they could level a city...

maybe a green lantern, if hes quick enough can take them both... if it becomes a drawn out fight im and wm have a chance...

Mainstream
a shame chance...it's it rookie GL..a large chance..if it's John, Hal, Klye, Scott, or the GL with the bowl cut..not so big a chance.

LordFear
I don't see the combined might of IM/WM taking down one GL/forget about it. The theory about producing multiple IMs to confuse the real one is flawed because all of GL's manifestations are made up of a green aura so why wouldn't Tony not be able to discern which is which or Rhodey for that matter?Furthermore Wizard made this battle and IM along beats GL because he has more experience and a better tactician. It's not all about brawns brains play a major role.

spetznaz
Let me put it this way.
Kyle, as a GL (I am NOT talking about Ion), contained an exploding supernova!
Comic book GLs are beyond IM and WM.
Beyond.

Swanky-Tuna
The theory wasn't to confuse them. And even if they looked exactly like IM and WM, they shouldn't be confused because they're fighting a GL, not another IM and WM.

Scoobless
forget about creating green versions to confuse
IM, on the other hand, has proven against fin fang foom that he can create visualy perfect holograms of his own armour to confuse others, if war machine did this as well then GL wouldn't know where to turn

Cosmic Cube
First of all, to create several Iron Mans, GL would have to know the dynamics and abilities of Iron Man's armor, or he would just be making green plasma mannequins. Iron Man's recent suits are about equally as powerful as the Green Lanterns ring. War Machine's a good fighter, but that's about it. Iron Man's faster than a Green Lantern can think, he's way more intelligent, he's got a shitload super hi-tech of weapons at his disposal, He's got the unibeam, and he's way more durable. Force fields and giant green hammers aren't enough to hold Iron Man back. Unless this is Ion or Spectre, I see Iron Man and War Machine winning.

Swanky-Tuna
Mannequins that can shoot beams and punch stuff.

K3VIL
Kyle or Hal can own them easy even in 2 VS 1 fight.
I mean, a GL Ring can contain a Supernova.A GL ring can project energy blasts which power depends from the will of the owner of the ring, and in the case of Hal or Kyle, you have a will that can use the ring to level a city or a continent.Come on, a GL Ring is like having 100'000 IM armors into a small object.

azndrgn
Since this is my thread, I would like to announce that my Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament thread has started! Please visit the thread and vote smile

Ironmanpower
We all know that GL can do great thing but can't do everything in same time, IM and WM are too much even for GL. Just thing what have defeated GL in the past ? You will see that even with all powers he got that don't need far as you thing to beat him.

snoopdogg
You are quite correct. But this is a Marvel fanboy forum.

juggernaut74
Enough of this nonsense. Any GL can take IM and WM. Their rings can do more than create force fields and create giant hammers. Nice try though. In the Unlimted Access series GL fought IM and created a exact copy of IM. The fight never ended for some other reasons I cant think of right now. I dont see how a very intelligent earthlings weapon can be greater than a weapon created by the oldest beings in the galaxy. All that hi-tech stuff you talk about pales in comparison to a GL ring.

DarkCrawler
Like I said, Hal will easily make scrap metal from the both of them.

Or Kyle. If he contained an exploding supernova, he can make a forcefiled that they can't get out. Then he just crushes them.

K3VIL
Kyle fighting the Hyperclan creates a giant exoskeleton-robot, but he doesn't know how to build a robot, he just imagine it and create it with the ring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.