Beast Boy vs. the Animorphs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nigel45
This will probably get closed as soon as a mod sees it, but it's meant to be taken seriously (well, at least as seriously as things usually are in this forum).

In case you don't know, there are five Animorphs (Jake, Rachel, Cassie, Marco, Tobias). All of them are human, and have been given the ability to morph into any animal they can acquire DNA from. I'm not counting their various dinosaur morphs since they did not retain those powers. It takes about 2 minutes for them each to morph into the animal of their choice, but they need to morph back to human before turning into another animal (the whole process would take approx. 5 minutes, and will usually leave them quite tired). Tobias' "normal" form is a red tailed hawk. And keep in mind, the Animorphs have killed and will kill an enemy that poses a large enough threat.

All the Animorphs and Beast Boy get 2 minutes of prep-time, none of them know who they are facing or anything about them.

If it's decided that Beast Boy would win, I'll throw Ax into the mix (if you don't know who that is, I'll tell you when it's brought up)

kgkg
ins't Beast Boy the big baby from titan

nigel45
Ummm...Yes? He's green, from the Teen Titans, can turn into just about any animal. If that's who you're thinking of then yeah.

Draco69
I say the Animorphs. Nearly the same powers. But with teamwork and combat experience. The Animorphs are very tough.

Also they have an Andalite on their side so...

They can morph into the Hork Bajir, Taxxons and basically anyone they touch.

chilled monkey
BB's biggest edge is that he can morph instantly from one animal to another, much quicker than the Animorphs. He might be able to defeat one of them, but together, they'd beat him, especially if Ax is involved.

Draco69
I agree.

nigel45
Actually, I had intended for Ax not to be involved just yet.

Also, I want to add that every characters personality and character traits should be taken into account.

I think you guys are counting Beast Boy out a little too quickly here. Remember, he can change instantly. If he sees something coming at him they he doesn't like, he can turn into a bird or a pterodactyl or something. Plus he has the T-Rex form and some other creatures that the Animorphs don't.

Draco69
No Ax sad

True about the T-Rex though. However I think that Jake has strength in numbers and teamwork. They are more than willing to kill. Don't forget that they can morph into Hork-Bajir, Taxxons, and Andalites. Andalites are telepathic to an extent. If the going gets tough, one of them could just morph back to human and wait for a moment to absorb BB's DNA. Since anyone acquired goes into a trance-like state, BB would be vulnerable to attack. The Animorph that absorbed him now has his powers.

Cosmic Cube
Why is this a gang up on Beast Boy? Individually, he'd kick any of their asses.

Hegemon875
with no pre beast boy wins, he morphs MUCH faster

RoyMC
I used to watch animorphs remeber that enlish line bb said phew good thing those squties didn't catch us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hegemon875
What!?!

nigel45
It's a gang up on Beast Boy BECAUSE he'd kick any of their asses individually.

And remember, there are two minutes prep time, and each characters personality should be taken into account (i.e. Beast Boy will not kill in most cases, whereas the Animorphs have done so on several occasions).

nigel45
Good point about acquiring BB's DNA and putting him in the temporary trance. I'm not so sure about the teamwork though. Yeah they work OK as a team, but let's face it, they're not exactly the Justice League. They don't necessarily attack as a team or choose the best morphs to cover eachother's weaknesses. Hork-Bajir would be a good idea, Taxxon would mostly just be unsettling, and are you sure they can go Andalite? I stopped reading the series around book #30, but I know they never morphed Andalite before that (though I thought it would be a great idea). But they may have acquired Ax after that, so does anybody know? I think the best play here would be to keep Tobias in hawk form, have the rest of the AMs take their most lethal forms and hold BB off for awhile. Then Tobias swoops down on Beast Boy, starts acquiring him, and the Animorphs "dispose" of him while he's in the trance. Other than that, I don't think they could pull it off without Ax.

Draco69
I don't blame you for stopping after Book 30. But yes Tobias was the first to morph into an Andalite. The others soon followed. I think they needed to morph into Andalites because Visser III was beginning to think that the Animorphs were actually human.

Andalites are telepathic. They also have that wicked scorpion tail. Half the team as Hork Bajir and half the team as Andalites and Beast Boy goes down.

nigel45
Well if they've all got Andalite than I would say this is basically over. Beast Boy stands a chance (though an admittedly unlikely chance) since it would mean holding nothing back, and not caring if he kills anyone. This is how BB winning might go down:

BB: What the...WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE!!!???

(BB goes into a bird form as a group of Andalites and Hork-Bajir sprint towards him)

Marco: Did you see THAT!?!?!

Rachel: Where'd he go?

Jake: Tobias, can you see him?

Tobias: Yeah, only just. He turned into a fly about 100 feet up.

Jake: Alright, try to take him down, but be careful. Cassie, demorph and go Osprey and see if you can help Tobias. Everyone gather around Cassie and protect her while she's morphing.

(Cassie begins to morph back to human as Tobias swoops down on Beast Boy as a fly. BB turns into a Pterodactyl and kills Tobias in the air. Then, centers himself above the rest of the Animorphs and turns into a whale, crushing them.)

Beast Boy: I'm king of the jungle, B****.

Draco69
Good point. However Andalites have telepathy (very limited but enough to stun (i.e. Visser Three used it on Rachel)

RoyMC
yeah what he said

nigel45
Sheesh, the things I miss when I stop readin 30 books into a series. Unless there are no further arguments, I would put this down as an Animorphs victory, with perhaps the slightest of chances that Beast Boy would win in the event of some stupid decisions by the Animorphs.

ebonyblade1
Beast boy from the cartoon wouldn't stand a chance. But the comic book version is too quick and versatile for the animorphs from the book. By the time they complete one morph. Beastboy has done ten. They have a another weaknesses. Limited morphs-- if beastboy sees them turn into anything he percieves as an animal he can turn into it to. with whatever powers they may have. He has done it once in the show and several times in the comics. In the comic book he can even turn into a giant demon. He has turned into a bunch of things since his doom patrol days. Anyway I say beastboy sees a Lion, tiger and a bear along with dorothy and her little andalite, he turns into a armored dinosaur and mows them down. if that doesn't work he turns into a giant gorilla and goes all king kong on them.

ebonyblade1
beast boy's future countrpart could turn into several animal at once. He could be a hoarde of spiders or 2 large yaks. So if beastboy has learned how to use his powers like that he can become 4 african elephants. End of story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.