have you ever been insecure about your looks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snapok
i bet some of you have. ANd if you have then you know how i am feelings. These couple of years i just cant help but think about how hideous i look. I got acne few years back and now it just wont go away. I feel so ugly, i probably am ugly. If anybody is feeling the same way post here

mechmoggy
Pretty much every day yes

In the pub last night I turned my head and thought, 'who's that fat b*****d?', then realised it was my reflection. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
looks? not really.. just some facts that I dislike that's all, the others can burst

JKozzy
sure

JKozzy
WHOA I CAN POST! REJOICE!!

wuTa
i used to have that problem...well i still have that problem sometimes... i just broke out this morning.....everybody gets insecure in one way or another

§pearhead
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

yeah, who cares about how i look roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gregory
Sure, I've been insecure about my looks. Who hasn't?

SK88728
i have them everymorning, thats what shampoo, jell, body spray, and all that junk is for. if we didn't feel insecure about our looks, most of us probably would not have those.

Smiling_Sadly
like every day, i dont like ppl lookin at my stomach! embarrasment no

SK88728
i owuld say that probably high schoolers and middle schoolers would probably be insecure in the locker room, because there is someone that is always skinnyer, has bigger musciles, is tanner or what ever. but it does't really phase me at all in the locker room. because i guess i'm a little above average.

~Orlando'sBabe~
~ I don't consider myself ugly. But i am pretty flat-chested compaired to some of my friends. and some of the guys at my school being the jerks they r pick up on that! embarrasment~

i slayed buffy
to be honest no

SK88728
I wouldn't concider myself ugly, but i wouldn't say i'm cute or any of that. but there are ppl i do see that are... well uglyer then me. and not to be mean about it. and you would think they would have more insecurities.

julibug
Well, I think I used to be really pretty, but I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant, and didn't lose it after. So, now, when I look in the mirror, I sort of see the old me, but there's a lot more there! eek! Sometimes it bothers me, and sometimes I could care less. I do want to lose weight, though, for health reasons!!

If you're having acne problems, you really should try Burt's Bees products. They're great! www.burtsbees.com

lil bitchiness
Yeah, sure I have. I still care what people think about my looks but not as much as when i was 15.

SlayerChick1188
I honestly think EVERYONE has been insecure about themselves at one point or another, I certainly have... I sometimes have a problem with how i look (like if i take a bad photo or something) but I also have days where i really like how i look...it just depends on the day...

Im_Fuzzy
we all have been isecure with our looks EXPECAILY on PICTURE DAY!

Xena fan
I really dont worry much about my looks. I keep myself fit and i watch my weight very often. Im very athletic and Im also in a healthy relationship with my hubby. So I feel good and confident about my looks.

SlayerChick1188
well good for you Xena fan! cool

Xena fan
thank you slayerchick 1188 smile

Confidence is the key to feel good about yourself big grin

Lord Soth
If there's anyone who has not obssessed at LEAST a little about their looks at least ONCE...........I'll just blow up

blowup

Like that yes

DemonicGambit-2
I'm pretty sure it's natural for people to feel insecure about their looks. I mean not everyone can look like a supermodel or something. Cause otherwise there'd be a hell of a lot of hot people.

i slayed buffy
yeah but i hav never really felt like that b4

badkittykitty
insecure? I have a regular jenny jones story. when i was in middle school/high school I had to wear a very large and bulky ugly back brace that was quite incapacitating. i went from pretty and popular to teased cripple in recored time...it was awful and I was really insecure for years when the brace came off I went off the deep end to make my self pretty.

then i was like why? I liked myself better with the back brace,I wasnt shallow and nor was my friends....so now i like to be pretty and stuff but just for me and be true to my self..now i am not insecure because i don't care if people think I'm beautiful..or not.

silver_tears
cryhug well good for you BKK big grin

badkittykitty
thanks silver big grin

BackFire
Psh, you're lying, you were always the hot piece of hotness that you are today wink

leatherface12
Im f***ing ugly. I do not like the way I look. sad

iluvpippin
thats coz ur pretty! wink

iluvpippin
i dont care about how other people think i look, just how i think i look, but the problem is that people think im pretty (or so they say) and i think i'm ugly, and im always insecure about my looks!

i slayed buffy
ahh evry 1 says it but i dont think im like the most gorgeous mammal to grace the planet ther r so many pretty ppl my frends are gorgeous and charlize theron and paris hilton are soooo pretty

iluvpippin
i dont even thik paris hilton is that pritt! i measn yeah she is, but ur def prittyer than her charz! and bad kitty, ur like a model!

leatherface12
iluvpippen I dont see anything ugly about you. To tell you the truth you look hot. You are beautiful and Im the one thats f***ing ugly.

Baylin
I used to be horrendously insecure about my looks but after many self-psychological beatings I came to the conclusion Ive got what I've got and I've got to deal with it. I stopped giving a monkeys arse what anyone else thought and got on with my life.
I dont consider myself to be anything but plain and that on a good day but I'm confident in my personality and people tend to like that a lot more in the end so what the hell!

i slayed buffy
omg bbk is sooo gorgeous!!!

iluvpippin
thanx, but like i said, i dont care what people think, only what i think and i think im UGLY!

leatherface12
Do you care if its something good about you?

iluvpippin
no, because i dont beleive it. i mean, i like to hear it, what girl doesn't, but i know it's all lies.

i slayed buffy
YAY U FINALLY ADDMITED U R PRETTY MISHA!!! CONGRATS!!!

iluvpippin
no i didnt! i said i like to hear it when ppl say im pretty, but it doesnt do anything to my self esteem coz i know it's just lies!

leatherface12
Thats bullcrap I promise to you with my hand on a bible that you look beautiful to me. Youve got a good body and a beatiful face. I dont see whats so ugly about you iluvpippen.

i slayed buffy
I LOVE THIS QOUTE!!! U ACTUALLY SAID "I THINK IM PRETTY" MWAAAA!!!! GOOD GIRL!!!

iluvpippin
omg did i say that??? omg!

i slayed buffy
yes u did and i am so proud!!!

iluvpippin
no i didnt!!!!

iluvpippin
it's only because ppl were saying i was pretty, and those words were running around in my head 'im pretty im pretty' because its not true (Lies run around in my head) so instead of ugly i put pretty!

i slayed buffy
hhaaha norty girl that edit button is norty 2

iluvpippin
wel it was edited for the truth.

yerssot
*runs off to an online dictionary to find the meaning of the word "vain"

iluvpippin
...plz tell me what it means, i can b bothad looking it up...wait is it like, up urself?

Corran
I think most people are insecure about themselves in some way and physical appearance is the first impression we get of people, therefore most people are insecure sometimes about their appearance, hell I know I am.

yerssot
but you did a great job cor wink

Corran
About being insecure confused

yerssot
y...no... about appearance

Corran
Oh I see, you mean I appeared.

yerssot
well, corr... I was disappointed... no bowler hat, no umbrella, not even some tea sad

Corran
I got mugged in Antwerpen and they were all stolen.

yerssot
hmmm, that explains two out of three
what about the tea?

that rhymes *giggles*

Corran
We keep the tea to ourselves, why would we let others have any? We had a bad experience once in taking Tea to America, the damn fools tipped it all into the sea.

yerssot
but we're not americans sad

iluvpippin
la la la! no1s on sad

Evy_O
Insecure? Nopes, never cause I strongly believe you look more beautiful when you're self confident big grin
People should accept their appearance, and stop concentrating on what they DON'T have, and start focusing on what they DO have and how to utilize it yes

Linkalicious
of course i'm insecure about my looks...if i was happy with the way i looked, then i wouldn't do anything to try and better myself.

Of course i have confidence in front of other people, but when i'm alone in the bathroom before i jump in the shower...i always check out the abs and think about what 50 more sit ups could do to make them look even better.

ChinaNiki
So true Evy O. I used to be ultra insecure about my looks, and it just made me super depressed. Now though I think I look pretty good, and it's made it much easier for me to make new friends here. And the great thing is that many of those friends tell me I am beautiful on a regular basis which has boosted my confidence to unbelievable levels.

Evy_O
Exactly, the way you think about yourself affects the way others see you yes I've noticed it myself! If a person is too insecure, they walk differently, they tend to bend their heads etc messed On the contrary, people who are self-confident have this kind of... glow big grin

Meant2be
When I was a teenager, I was plain ugly. Big glasses, acne and I was fat (compared to other girls). And I was a tomboy (still am sometimes), so guys were my buddies, not my lovers.

But somehow I grew up to be a nice looking woman. Some people even think I am pretty (I'm once called by a man "the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen in real life" and he wasn't trying to pick me up or anything.) But you know, I'm so used to being ugly, that I still think I must be horrible to look at. And then the reflecting in the mirror still surprises me, because I wasn't expecting someone who looked .. well... good, I guess. I'm kinda stuck with the image of that ugly teenager even though I am a 30 year old woman by now. Funny how the mind works sometimes. no expression

Evy_O
OMG that's wonderful Meant2be big grin

iluvpippin
wouldnt it be cool if you looked at a piccie of someone on here and ur like 'hey i know u!'

Evy_O
I've thought about that too! eek! Or someone you know seeing your piccie posted here!

yerssot
well, I already know someone from another forum but apperently (s)he doesn't know me anymore

crazy_c
Hmmm do i feel insecure about my looks. All the time. sad

punkyhermy
well how do i put this....
it was never me who was uncomfotable with her looks.it was the world.
even before i realized wat a zit was someone told me it was ugly.even before i knew what "fit" was someone told me i was too skinny...
even bfore i knew wat a girls height should be like someone told me i was too short.
it all hurt and cut but i'm proud to say i made it through the rain.it hurt even more bcoz the ppl who said this were supposedly my friends!!!
i realized luckily in the right time that i don't deserve that and put it all aside.I who knew me aside from my physical appearance,and told me i was pretty.u have no idea how much that meant to be.from that day onwards i never let an oppurtunity pass to caompliment people.i know how much it could change a persons life!
now i have no prob with who i am!THIS IS ME!!!!!!LIKE IT?GOOD FOR U!DON'T ?KISS MA ASSS I'M THROUGH WITH U!!!!!!!!DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!this is my body and if i don't have a prblem with it,no one else has no right to!

i slayed buffy
omg today i had major face issue today coz hav u ever had that thing wen u wear to much foundation and then it looks like u hav little holes in ur face in places wel i had that it was so weird!!!!

iluvpippin
foundaation?? i cant be stuffed with makeup anymore! makes no diff, im still ugly, so screw it!

i slayed buffy
yeah self tan is my best friend!

iluvpippin
u mean like fake tan or just tan?? i was born with naturally tanned skin smile so when i tan i get nice and dark big grin not too dark thoug.....theres this grl @ our skool, her tan looks fake an we were like o she prob just cums from anotha countrry, but we found out she coms fom england, so she either sunbakes every day or sleeps in a sunbed!

i slayed buffy
lol yeah im part italian so yeah i have olive skin but i stil like sunbathing

iluvpippin
smile italians are pretty. that explains it.

Corran
That's so beautiful, makes me wanna cry;

Fire
every one is insecure about their looks at some point in their life even if it is only for a second

Linkalicious
I was insecure about everything at about 3:00pm pacific time yesterday....

now things are starting to get back to normal

spookey
am i insecure about my looks.........hell yes............ppl just see some blond girl who could be up for a bit of fun...........but i have a have a heart to...........a little broken but its there.........

holdenhsvgtsr
ur a blonde with brains and a heart and i love u

spookey
yeah whoppie for you...................j/k i need a huggggggggg

holdenhsvgtsr
*hugs spookey*

spookey
ty

holdenhsvgtsr
you know i love u hun

Meant2be
I just love this part! Happy Dance

silver_tears
I have to say no, I look at myself in the mirror, and I'm thankful happy
Things can be worse, alot worse, I'm happy with myself love
People don't like it, suck a lemon baby cool

yerssot
what if they don't have a lemon?

LanceWindu
I have to say....yes, I am always insecure about my looks.

What can I do about it? Nothing really, so oh well.

silver_tears
a orange will do nicely yes

LanceWindu
NOOOOOOOOOO!

A lime works better.

silver_tears
a lime it is then raver

LanceWindu
big grin

yerssot
bastad, I liked the orange idea sad

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud

I used to be really insecure about my looks during middle school and my first year of high school...I didn't like my glasses, I didn't like how I have really pale skin, I thought my eyes were too big and too dark, I thought I wasn't thin enough...more or less the only thing I liked was my hair color. But over the past couple of years I've come to realize a few things...like that I don't have to be as skinny as a toothpick (and that I am pretty thin already), that I actually look better with my glasses on (and I can always wear my contacts if I don't like them), that my skintone and eye color look really good against my haircolor, and that large eyes look nice with my face shape. I finally realized that I don't have to try and make other people think that I look pretty, that I only have to make myself think that I look pretty. I like how I look, I certainly look different from most other people. So thankfully I've managed to get over my insecurities (though there are still mornings when I'll wake up and decide I don't like how I look...but a little makeup usually fixes that problem big grin). The only thing I still don't like is the fact that 15 minutes out in the sun is enough for me to get a sunburn mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.