The Philosophical Condition/Method

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Player
The philosophical conditions of breeding a new philosophy can be defined as follows:

1. The Observation condition.
2. The Absorption into the Abstraction condition.
3. The Judgement condition - from Analytic to Synthetic.
4. The Alteration or Destruction condition towards a novel theory.

The above are the core steps in formulating an original philosophy and we can go into more detailed discussion in each condition.

Observation is a recoil of the self-aware being against its environment. It observes in a capacity of high sensitivity and intensity, as its interest is naturally arrested by its suroundings. Intellectual appetite is the mother of this level of observation.

Absorption is essentially a condition of the observing agent simulating its thought constructs with external constructs, from there the condition of Abstraction follows, which is a mental image of the external entities in an interpretational preparation.

Judgement is the logical consequence of the previous condition: an opinion or perspective is formed via the analytical (axiomatic definition and and commonly denoted relationship (neccesity) between an entity and its properties) into the synthetical realm of subjectivity and interpretation, in which the latter can undermine the analytical in its extreme application.

Finally a position of either Alteration of an existing theory or the complete negation of accepted status quo towards an original philosophy.

Any comments on my above theory would be appreciated

Reborn Again
Let me guess, you're a philosophy student? I took philosophy in universe and it confused the hell out of me. Again tone down your wording.

So in lamen terms:

1) Enivornment ultimately affects our development
2) Monkey see monkey do
3) Knowledge is obtained through interaction of the status quo
4) Our perception of ourselves can change over time even though set variables have been established

Am I correct?

finti
I`ll read it when I have problem falling asleep

Reborn Again
No need, finti, I think have the jest of it.

Player
You're half correct, but not exactly what I meant. I'm not a philosophy student - don't have the finances for that. I'm a bar tender in a local pub.

finti
loose as a screw or lose as in defeat

KharmaDog
A philosopher bartender working in a pub? That's dangerously close to becoming a walking cliche. What Pub, I'll visit you when I'm in town next.

finti
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
clinical, intellectual, cynical.

Reborn Again
Really? Let me guess, you read a lot. Happy Dance

finti
he BS a lot that for sure, aint that so Werner?

Player
finti, why do you keep calling me different names!?

finti
it is you who make up all the aliases Werner.

maybe you care to explain the Passion thing you posted in poetry section

The will of burning expression enters
that most absolute
air of purged abstraction!
It is extracting in its one element -
That solo singing not in an artistic void absconding into the non-material,
But the true form of the solid and complete carnality

also puplished at Poetry com as a Werner Reyneke poem

KharmaDog
Caught and burned there werner, not the move of a genius!

peterKSL
Welcome back brother!! Happy Dance

finti
Unspoken names
Twisted and obscure
Nothing less than more
Unspoken names

debbiejo
I know this is off the topic, but finti, I just love that new picture...It's really you! Do all people in Norway look like that??? He he.

peterKSL
^ lol rolling on floor laughing

Good one Deb..

Reborn Again
No, just the cute ones. laughing

finti
nah thats my yankee disguise

debbiejo
Ha, ha ha.. laughing out loud

Thought maybe this was your morning look.

meiwaku
As I read Player's posts I start to wonder why he sounds like an arrogant philosophy text book and not a real person.... Reborn Again is right tone down your words, not everyone is quite as smart as you think you are.

Yes, I do believe you're correct in analyzing his post.

KharmaDog
This works two ways. If you are using a word correctly and in it's proper context, then it's up to others to understand and comprehend what you are saying. I believe that using the proper words for the proper meanings is a sign of intelligence, and I respect someone with a great vocabulary.

Then of course there's the flipside. Some people complicate and purposefully "fog" the meaning of what they are trying to say using intellectual mumbo-jumbo and smoke & mirrors. These people believe that what they have to say is very important and only people who can sort out their convoluted thought process is entitled to their ultimate knowledge.

That being said, philo, I don't ask you to "dumb down" your ideas, I just ask you to express yourself more clearly and in a accurate manner.

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Player
The philosophical conditions of breeding a new philosophy can be defined as follows:

1. The Observation condition.
2. The Absorption into the Abstraction condition.
3. The Judgement condition - from Analytic to Synthetic.
4. The Alteration or Destruction condition towards a novel theory.

The above are the core steps in formulating an original philosophy and we can go into more detailed discussion in each condition.

Observation is a recoil of the self-aware being against its environment. It observes in a capacity of high sensitivity and intensity, as its interest is naturally arrested by its suroundings. Intellectual appetite is the mother of this level of observation.

Absorption is essentially a condition of the observing agent simulating its thought constructs with external constructs, from there the condition of Abstraction follows, which is a mental image of the external entities in an interpretational preparation.

Judgement is the logical consequence of the previous condition: an opinion or perspective is formed via the analytical (axiomatic definition and and commonly denoted relationship (neccesity) between an entity and its properties) into the synthetical realm of subjectivity and interpretation, in which the latter can undermine the analytical in its extreme application.

Finally a position of either Alteration of an existing theory or the complete negation of accepted status quo towards an original philosophy.

Any comments on my above theory would be appreciated

Too long and too confusing.JMconfused1

KharmaDog
Well if an intellectual giant like Jackie can't follow that we are all doomed!

Misty Girl
Jackie, there's a lot more 'long' philosophical texts out there. But yes, I find it a bit confusing too...maybe I'll have to read it 100 times over.

peterKSL
People here likes to pick on jackie... erm

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Misty Girl
Jackie, there's a lot more 'long' philosophical texts out there. But yes, I find it a bit confusing too...maybe I'll have to read it 100 times over.

I find that difficult to believe being as you wrote it! Enough with the socks!

Originally posted by peterKSL
People here likes to pick on jackie... erm

Because she makes it so damn easy. It's not that people "like" to pick on her, it's just that she so often says such absurd or unintelligible things that people are "compelled" to comment.

Reborn Again
Let me make this clear: I did not ask Player to "dumb" down his language as he puts it. I asked him to tone it down. There's a big difference. I never said I didn't understand it. I'm saying there's a lot of fancy words in there that the average person reading this thread would not understand.

KharmaDog
Although I share your desire for people to speak with clarity Reborn, I also believe that if a word is used in it's proper context, then no matter how vague it is, it is fine. It is up to the reader to get a dictionary and figure it out themselves.

But like I say, some people do convolute and idea to make themselves seem smarter than they are.

Reborn Again
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Although I share your desire for people to speak with clarity Reborn, I also believe that if a word is used in it's proper context, then no matter how vague it is, it is fine. It is up to the reader to get a dictionary and figure it out themselves.

But like I say, some people do convolute and idea to make themselves seem smarter than they are.

True. But using too many fancy words can confound and confuse the reader into saying, "Screw this! I'm not reading anymore!" When you're reading something, you don't want to reach for a dictionary to look up a word every two seconds. Reading an article is like getting into a warm bath: you don't want to think about what you're reading half the time, you instead want to enjoy the meaning.

KharmaDog
We're gonna have to agree to disagree here.

finti
in this particular case it probably confused the writer more

Reborn Again
Originally posted by finti
in this particular case it probably confused the writer more

Now aint that the truth! laughing

Sucihposolihp
The philosophical condition!? wtf! I think philosophy is taken too seriously by so-called philosophers. They discuss subjects that for all practical purposes never manifest as reality - we experience life much more simplistic than what philosophers like to think. Ultimately we live a day to day life which for the most part is about physical survival, pain and pleasure - we don't think so high browed all the time about ideas hanging around like clouds - we simply live for a while and then it all comes to an end.

finti
yeah pseudo intellectuals are a biatch

KharmaDog
they are very unoriginal

finti
and not nearly as smart as they think they are

Reborn Again

Sucihposolihp
Yeah, normal people teaches one a lot more than reading smoky philosophy texts.

finti
philosophy is a waste of time and space ..............

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
philosophy is a waste of time and space ..............

Just like the cavity between your ears....just kidding. lol

I didn't know Jackie was a girl....YEA! I'm not alone.

ms_erupt
I was noticing the argument about Player's wording of his post. *sigh* I guess I add in my two cents. (I sigh like it's some huge chore and I'm not just dying to let loose my opinion. smile )

Anyhow, I think that Kharma and the other person (sorry I haven't been paying that much attention) both have valid points. I mean, if the person has used his or her vocabulary properly and isn't just using big words to mask a simple message and talk down to the rest of us then it's all good. But, on the other hand, if he's/she really are trying to get an honest critique on his/her theory you'd think that he or she would use words that most people can understand so that everyone can have a fair chance to read it easily without having to pull a dictionary out of their ass every ten seconds.

Did that make any sense? Yeah, I'm just going to leave now. *slowly backs away*

peterKSL
Originally posted by debbiejo
Just like the cavity between your ears....just kidding. lol

laughing nice one deb!!

Jackie Malfoy
I like your thoughts so far I just don't know if I argee with them or not.JMhmm

Imperial_Samura
Looking kind of philosophical there JM.

Shades
Go look at other philosophy forums on the net - the members there use much more complicated words than Player. Read any other philosophies by the famous philosophers like Kant, Hegel, Ayer, Wittgenstein, Sarte, etc - their vocabulary makes your head spin. A philosophical theory cannot always be explained in simple, common words. Kant even had to invent his own words for certain new concepts - and he's regarded as the most brilliant modern philosopher.

The point is that if you're to lazy to broaden your vocabulary, then you might as well ignore philosophy.

KharmaDog
Is that you again philo?

Imperial_Samura
I truly love huge, complex vocabularies. English is such a mongrel language, but so dynamic and alive at the same time. Same with some of the other still living languages.

Shades
English is a mix of ancient French, Latin, Germanic, Norwegian, etc. It derived from a miscelany of languages and that's why there are so many synonyms for one word.

Reborn Again
Originally posted by Shades
The point is that if you're to lazy to broaden your vocabulary, then you might as well ignore philosophy.

Again with the put downs!

Here is the story of how the English language came to be.
http://www.grsampson.net/QBirthOfEng.html

peterKSL
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Again with the put downs!

Who cares?

calvinNhobbes
Hi everyone, I majored in philosophy but it has been awhile since then and to be honest I can't quite understand the point or statement being made beginning this post. What I can say is that some of my teacher's were incapable of wording things in a manner that leads you into understanding. One does not have to dumb down their vocabulary to help understanding but perhaps has to choose more words which can create a path to better understanding. It may not be that the beginning is not too long but not long enough.
For instance what is meant by "recoil of self-aware being against its environment'? It sounds like objective scientific observation but the following after that sounds like the opposite with "high sesitivity and intensity". Then I am guessing it is meant as High analytical sensitivity and not emotional. Am I breaking this down right or have I taken the wrong path?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Shades
Go look at other philosophy forums on the net - the members there use much more complicated words than Player. Read any other philosophies by the famous philosophers like Kant, Hegel, Ayer, Wittgenstein, Sarte, etc - their vocabulary makes your head spin. A philosophical theory cannot always be explained in simple, common words. Kant even had to invent his own words for certain new concepts - and he's regarded as the most brilliant modern philosopher.

The point is that if you're to lazy to broaden your vocabulary, then you might as well ignore philosophy. its hardly broadening anything.. you're just sugar coating basic words.. its not like what you're saying has any new meaning to it because its comprised of all new letters.. its just fancier and just screams "Wow I used a thesaurus for 20 minutes composing this post" roll eyes (sarcastic) .. and really you should lay off the socking.. its sickening

also this "Philosophical condition/method" sounds alot like the basis for psycho-analytical observations

space
Philosophy is the most complex intelectual dimension - accept it...no philosopher deliberately tries to sugar coat basic words - complicated concepts often require uncommon vocabulary towards just expression.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by space
Philosophy is the most complex intelectual dimension - accept it...no philosopher deliberately tries to sugar coat basic words - complicated concepts often require uncommon vocabulary towards just expression.

I disagree, there used to be a guy on this forum called philosophicus who overcomplicated simple concepts in order to appear intelligent. Philosophy is not complicated by the very nature of it's subjects, it becomes complicated and convoluted by some, who in their effort to appear more intelligent than they are, or others who try to cover up or fog an idea that holds little merit with a "smoke and mirrors" approach.

Although I do like to participate in philosophical discussions and do enjoy poetry, I find that often poets and philosophers "muddy their own waters to appear deep."

space
I don't agree with you. Or perhaps, something can be as complicated or simple as you make it - there is no absolute standard for that...again it's subjective. So whether you 'over-complicate/disguise' it, or over-simplify it, it doesn't matter, as long as it makes sense for the individual conceiving the idea.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by space
So whether you 'over-complicate/disguise' it, or over-simplify it, it doesn't matter, as long as it makes sense for the individual conceiving the idea.

"It doesn't matter, as long as it makes sense for the individual conceiving the idea", unless that person wants to be able to communicate that idea, then it matters very much.

peterKSL
I thought philosophicus is the one who brought life to the philosophy forum?? And why is shades restricted?? I don't get it...?

SaTsuJiN
cuz he keeps sockin.. and he didnt really bring life to the philo 'phorum' .. he posted a few threads and then just called everyone morons the entire time he was here

peterKSL
Lol... I re-read your last sentence and looked at your avatar, it kinda makes me laugh... laughing out loud
I didn't think being a moron is really that bad... big grin
Common... don't get affected by things like that... I thought u adults know it better... erm

SaTsuJiN
Yes, its a quote from Halo 2.. what of it?
You couldnt pay me to take an insult from someone with a grain of salt.. pull the spidey mask off.. its blinding you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.