Mothers Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
So, what did you get your mum? happy

Ushgarak
Mother's Day UK, you mean.

So happens I did rather well this year; first time I was not overshadowed by my brother in ages...

yerssot
wow, ... absolutely nothing.. since we do that in may stick out tongue

silver_tears
Here too laughing out loud

burlyman
I've been busy all day i haven't had time sad

Morningstar
mothers day's on my bday this year in Australia . . . . . . . no fair sad
sweet 16 . . . . . big grin yay

pixie1
i sent her a text message

silver_tears
how expensive What the f**k?

pixie1
im paying for her to have her ring restoned but the shop isnt open on a sunday

silver_tears
sounds cool big grin

JKozzy
Waiting 'till May on that one, but I'll find something, I know I will smart

SK88728
i dont think my mom will deserve anything, she is so evil!

julibug
Ouch! Do you really mean that? sad

We will have Mother's Day in May. Will probably give her some music. smile She likes Norah Jones - maybe the new cd.

Of course, I get to celebrate as well - being a mum myself & all. No clue as to what it will bring for me. Just happy to be a mom. big grin

SK88728
i mean it, we never talk, we only yell at one another. and she thinks that if she threatens to take stuff away like baseball, football, driving, my cell, she thinks it will make her control me. and i'm sry, but i'm not on no damn leash conected to her arm.

DemonicGambit-2
Gee I freaked when I saw this thread! embarrasment I thought I forgot to get her somethng again. I got in trouble last year because I didn't remember. Not my fault I have the memory of a turtle. And I did get her something, a bit after....

SpikeSpiegel
I got my mum a scented vanilla candle in a glass trapiziam prisom shaped thingy-ma-jig

VENOMfan
I made my Mother a clock, it was a serious pain but she liked it.....or i think she liked it.......

yerssot
say, raz, you haven't said what YOU did wink

Corran
Damn, knew I'd forgotten something.

finti
yeah, go back and have that beer

NyC-gUrL
^laughing out loud me too.

Mothersdays in may here, I'll probably get her like perfume or something.

confused I do that every year. I could buy her one she thinks is totally gross but I love, so I can use it evil face

Raz
Flowers, card, and some expensive jewelery big grin

julibug
Well, I know parents have a hard time letting their children grow up sometimes. She's probably struggling with how much independence you should have and how much influence she should still have on your decisions. I'm not sure how old you are, but from the time I was 16 or 17 up until after I got married, I had a hard time with my mom. Things are much better between us now. She doesn't try to control me anymore, but just accepts me as another adult. My son is only 12, so we haven't gotten to the point where he is driving, etc., but there are days when his strong will pushes the limit with me. From a mom's perspective: I'm responsible for him. I love him more than my own life, and would do anything to insure his safety and happiness (& I guess that might actually include doing things sometimes that temporarily make him a little unhappy). I know it's crazy - this cycle of childhood & parenting. Feels weird to see both sides! I hope your relationship with your mom will impove. I bet it will over time. Just try to be patient with her! wink

yerssot
heck, everyone has troubles with their parents from time to time, but we all know that in the end you can always go to them for help and advice, just need to suck in your pride wink

jewelry huh raz? you do that for every female or will you make an exception? big grin

Evy_O
No mother's day here yet stick out tongue
That's in May me thinks...

yerssot
ok... does anyone BESIDES the crazy Brits celebrate Mothers Day in March?

ash007
ummm well me and my girlfirend took my mother for a nice meal and just got loads of nice flowers and stuff. i love my mum love love

when do yo uyanks have Fathers day because ours is sometime in June or something

Paola
cry nice juli....

mechmoggy
I got here some stuff for her garden, she likes gardening, so I picked up some bulbs of her favourite flowers. Also some chocolates and some other silly knick-knacks.

It was pretty strained though this year, we've had some big arguments over the last month or so. But I'm sure things will perk up soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.