If Zombies roamed the earth, what would you do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Striel
Okay, I must be a total nerd, because my husband and I had an hour long discussion about this earlier today:

What would you do if something happened like in Night of the Living Dead or Dawn of the Dead?

If Zombies roamed the earth, where would you go, what would you do?

What do you think would be a more realistic way that the military and government would handle such a situation?

roundisfunny
The answer is sort of reliant on what circumstances you could manage.

If, for instance, I got out of the house with nothing but my car keys, I would drive away in a panic, much as Ana did.

If I didn't crash into a tree like she did, I would get as far out of the city as possible as quickly as possible. If the "situation" had spread beyond the distance I could get in the car, I would go as far as I could on foot until I felt safe.

And where would that be?

Obviously, just about any fortification would be vulnerable, as the legions of the dead would mass against it, taking no account for their own well-being as the defenders slew them relentlessly with firearm and flame. I like the idea of the isolated island as a place to "hole up" until the crisis was over. It wouldn't be long at all before the government stepped in, probably with air strikes, wiping out all traces of the zombies with little or no regard for potential civilian casualties.

If, like in the movie, we were trapped in a mall, I would (once we overpowered the a-hole security guard) start rationing off our supplies. We could be stuck in there for months, with NO electricity or plumbing (I think the edge of the roof would be the new toilet facility).

I would tell the gun store guy across the street to use his cache of weapons and ammo to spend his days taking out as many zombies as possible. I would also use a bow and arrow from the sporting goods or hobby store (or just build one, or use a spear) to try and get a line over to his building. That way, we could exchange food, ammo, supplies, whatever.

I would have used any and all flammables (which couldn't otherwise be used productively) to torch zombies in the parking lot (leaving us a safety perimeter, of course--don't wanna catch our building on fire!).

I would have had Ana check everyone for cuts and bites before we did anything else, and would immediately isolate anyone we suspected of being infected (apparently, one can go for quite awhile without showing signs of infection, if the pregnant woman is any indication).

Finally, I would have been on those walkie-talkies every day trying to communicate with the outside world. I would have read hobby books from the bookstore on how to build my own radio, solar panels, building generators, warfare tactics, etc. You could probably start a garden on that roof! Come on, it's a mall! MacGyver could have gotten them out of there with a piece of string and a chewed piece of bubble gum! You have endless supplies! Use 'em!

Maybe I spend way too much time thinking about what I'd do during the zombie invasion.

ejay1
I know what I would do. Head over to Antartica or an uninhabited island out in the ocean. If I chose the Island I would build a tree house like in Swiss Family Robinson and live off the land.

VENOMfan
if zombies ruled the world, I would befriend them and teach them to read.

Freddy_vs_Jason
LOL, Me too venomfan. How does the dead come back in Dawn of the Dead?

DemonicGambit-2
They didn't exactly say how the zombies came to life. I would do what roundisfunny was saying. Only while at the mall I would have started making bombs. Now that would have been cool to see them blow up some zombies!

Zilverz
striel, as was suggested to me. Go buy the book "The Zombie Survival Guide" by max brooks .. its in the humor section .. but it is totally a straight forward survival guide against the dead. Awesome read

slayer
I'd run!!!!!!!!!

eggmayo
I'd get all my mates round, have a party, and then go and kick their ass!

Cinemaddiction
LMFAO! I was going to use that in my sig line, but I saw you already did somewhat.

Ahh..good one, that was classic. cool

PissedOffGoalie
i'd shoot them with a .44 magnum for the hell of it

roundisfunny
Oh, I would also whip up some pathogen-proof uniforms (paintball masks, pads, canvas clothing that could resists bites from the undead). Infection is our second greatest enemy in this scenario!

SlipknoT
If I were in the mall I would throw molotave cocktails into the crowd of Zombies from the roof.

VENOMfan
thats awsome, I would be honored if you used my Zombie technique in your sig. Im only using it as a spacer and will change it after i learn more about the game in my sig

ejay1
Here's a better question if the slow, shuffling zombies from Romero's movies started to pop out of cemeteries how would you react. I think this would be a different situation because the way most zombies are potrayed these days come from some type of virus. Plus you know some islands out there like the florida keys would at least have a cemetery so it won't be so easy to just look for an island to live in. And people who died even if they weren't bitten by a zombie became a zombie themselves. What would you do, is there any islands out there with no people on it at all if there was I would just live there and live off of seafood and cocnuts.

andyF1
/\ sounds lovely, can i come http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/thumbs.gif

amlap
i would sport some riot gear with chain mail over top, with huge ass mother f*cking hockey gloves (freddy style) and ii would beat the shit out of every zombie that walked my way. then when that got boring i whould gernade the bitches. then when that got boring i would find myself some automatic machine guns and blow them up!

all while sipping my gin and juice!

ejay1
And you actually believe that they won't catch up to youe and eat you. This is why people get eaten in those old movie with the slow zombies in it. They are so arrogant that they don't run and take huge risks by running towards the zombies with a baseball bat or something. Happy Dance

Evil Dead
I believe I would do just as many people in the movies do.........

Join up with the large group of rednecks and play target practice with them...........there is much strength in numbers. With a lot of people you could set quite a perimeter, giving the group the chance to move freely wherever they wished. I believe an airport or army base would be the best place........got to love those fences (ala Day of the Dead)......

Spend your days with your barrel poked through the holes in the chain link taking them out one by one........and hope others around the world are doing the same.

ejay1
What if you run out of ammo. Then you just become one big buffet. It would be like sharks attacking a school of fish. Every direction you would try to run to there would be zombies shuffling to get you. Teir bound to atleast cath a couple of your group. Happy Dance

eggmayo
it depends on whether they are the traditional type of zombies, or the 28 days later style.
if traditional, id just have fun and try to kill lots of them

Evil Dead
rednecks never run out of ammo! They keep stock piles of shotgun shells in their sheds. If they do begin to run low.......with a group so large (as I mentioned earlier) you could move around as you wished. Set a good perimeter and move altogether with people on all sides taking out zombies. You could easily make it to the local gun shop to get as much ammo as you wished.

amlap
i would probably live in the trees too.

samhain
I'd distract the zombies by dressing like a female zombie and pretending I have romantic interest in them. It worked for Bugs Bunny all the time.

samhain
But seriously, I would probably drive around my 'hood', ploughing into as many zombies as I could. Any survivors in your 'hood' would surely hear the noise and join you in your crusade. After that it would be pretty much what Evil Dead said.

roundisfunny
Come on, we saw how many thousands of zombies encircling the escape vehicles??? Apparently, if you're on the mainland, there is an almost endless supply of infected people to come after you (apparently, they can smell your BRRRRAAAINSSS!), and the mall would eventually be overrun (or you would starve to death, whichever came first).

If I recall, in "Day of the Dead", they had a helicopter. One possibility would be trying to hang glide out (if you were really desparate), either appropriating one from the sporting goods store or building one. Actually, a similar idea wouldn't be bad for sending the line over to the gun store (like maybe via kite).

I still like the idea, though, of using fire to clear a path. Either that or use the sewers to get much further away. They were undetected in the sewer until the lid slammed shut.

Baylin
I'd be a zombie wolf and go around eating who ever I can

Underfeat
It's all ifs and buts. Wouldn't it be good if we started another story thread zombie style? We could agree on some rules and how we all start off e.g. Underfeat got back home after working the graveyard shift (ooh, graveyard, scary) but when he opened the door, his parents had turned into zombies and were waiting for him!
Meanwhile, samhain walked onto his lawn to get his daily paper but a zombie came out of nowhere and attacked him. samhain pushed the zombie to the grass before it could bite him and ran back inside his house to get his car keys... etc. Eventually we could meet up from our locations.
I just managed to prove myself as king of the zombie anoraks didn't I?

samhain
Only if I'm next in line to the throne.

X-Menfan2003
The first thing I'd do is gather all my friends and family and then go somewhere safe where there is no sign of zomibes. I'd go to a gun shop and buy a whole heap of weapons, expecially a sniper rifle. I'd then lead everyone to a safe place and make sure that there was someone of guard with a gun pointed at the door, just in case zombies approched. If I ended up a shopping mall, I'd first drive the zombies out and then loot the shops, making sure to stay upstairs for most of the time. On the roof, I'd make explosives and try to kill every zombie, as well as shooting them in the head with my sniper rifle. There is no point being afriad, it does you no good in that situation.

samhain
People don't really get afraid when zombie fever breaks out, they just tend to go insane, possibly because everyone they knew or loved is dead.

mmrules
each plan has some good parts and some bad parts so simply wat i would do is get all the guns i could go to a place where the zombies are
and fire at as many as i can if that doesnt work.....well im screwed

Clark_Kent
i'd gather the mean dead nerds, that way learning comes with no problems..Setting up my a army of Sand Souls. like Napoleon, we would roam the earth and eat BRAINS with no purpose. the sole fact; that we can't be killed.

jigrig
First off zombies are dead & their bodies would decompose & in no longer than 2 weeks their brains would be unable to function so if I had access to supplies & could make it to the roof of the mall I would just wait it out, I hope theres a liqur store in that mall.

jigrig
The dead in the new movie look like they run faster than carl lewis so I being a 240 pound chain smoker would be pretty much screwed.

Zilverz
wait a week or so before emerging from your home. Their muscle tissue will have been ripped from chasing others and they would be much slower then.

jigrig
Thanks for the advice, I hope I never need it.

Sacrifise666
me i would kill them.

but the lonley losers who cant get a gf well i dont know they might wanna hit the zombie chicks and we all know there all sloppy.

Pred@tor
Hahahhahhahhhahhhahha. I'd LAUGH and hope Bill Gates gets what's coming to him!

WindDancer
In a way it would be cool to see flesh eating Zombies walking the Earth. But, it would suck to kill them. After all some of those zombies could be death relatives. It would suck to kill a family member that has been turn into a zombie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.