Weird Allergies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
I'm allergic to mangoes, and nothing else.......
How about you?

steely balls
anything that sheds hair

iluvpippin
im allergic to cats, pollin and dustmites! (i had a test done on me!)

Dogbert
Nothing cool

iluvpippin
im also a little allergic to dogs that malt, but i ignore that one and pretend i dont coz i love doggies!

iluvpippin
SAME! big grin (cats and malting dogs!)

steely balls
w00t

iluvpippin
big grin we're so similar! (not really but anyways llaughing out loudl

lil bitchiness
Im elergic to anything that has nickle in it.

Crash Overload
What about some currancies? Like The Canadian Nickel?

iluvpippin
i used to b allergiced to mosquitoes!

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
im also allergic to mangoes!!!!! and dust nd pollen nd c-claw.. which is a medicine

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
I'm allergic to onions.

Tptmanno1
Im allergic to some pollen and dust and stuff, I get to sneeze alot.
My record is 15 sneezes in a row!

iluvpippin
i love onions! once i bit into an onion like an apple.....i had chewie later! laughing out loud

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
hahahha! woo me and pippin our the complete opposite!

iluvpippin
big grin

lil bitchiness
Nope, elergic to it as well. Damn....i cant wear certain jewlery!

shortieSarah07
im allergic to nickel, like in bracelets and necklaces..and im allergic to smoke...lol

MC Mike
Nothing. erm

iluvpippin
dont beleice u!

total metalhead
im not allergic to anything. nothing can touch me cool

silver_tears
*sneezes on sam* whoops embarrasment

silver_tears
alot of jewellery has nickel sad

heen68
i'm alergic to metal,wheat,eggs and milk.

Mr. Bacon
bees, and canned tuna

iluvpippin
i hate egg!

Baylin
I'm allergic to apples - which is ashame cos I love apples sad

iluvpippin
omg apples, that would suck! *hugs*

Be@st
I'm allergic to dust and some plants

pixie1
I'm allergic to plasters if i put one on i get a huge rash that wont stop itching for a week

LordMortis
i aint allergic to anything (that i know of ne way). Ill probs be like me dad and be allergic to mushrooms lol.

Dvae
nothing i know of happy

pixie1
im also allergic to doing the washing up and ironing stick out tongue

loserib
sun flower seeds very alergic to sunflower seeds if i eat them my stomach starts cramping up really bad and i start throwning up foam

pixie1
ooh nice sick

Linkalicious
I used to have allergies to cats, but after i started working out a lot and puberty hit (yes that DID happen) it pretty much went away. I'd still go crazy if i went to a house with like 10 cats inside...

Korri
im allergic to moss thats why i had to kill her

Alias Neo
i'm allergic to a type of medicine

Korri
MOSS

Tex
I'm allergic to Silva! stick out tongue

Korri
im allergic to Moss!

silver_tears
*follows Tex around hoping he has fatal allergies* sleep

Korri
heehee devil makes sure there is no cure

muse5
me too, its soo annoying to find earrings... wouldn't it suck if you were allergic to latex?...my friends and i have this conversation daily

realworlddreams
im allergic to a lot of things...um, cats, some dogs, sumtimes chocolate (dont ask how i cant explain it) dust, pollen, general crap in the air during spring...smoke, bactrum (a drug) n sum other stuff...
i hate allergies...i wish nobody had any ever.

Crash Overload
If you break anything you will have to use Gore - Tex. Its a waterproof cast, but REALLY expensive.

N.Tonks
I'm allergic to cockroaches messed Not like any sane human being goes around picking them up anyway...

§pearhead
I kruffing HATE spring because of allergies...three years ago I didn't even have any, but for some strange reason, pollen gets to me now...sad

anyone else have allergies other than me? erm

Rogue Jedi
i have an allergy to work.

moonwalker741
allergies suck major ass, i take 24 hour non drowsy clariton-d, its OTC....n it cost 6 bucks! yay!....any way, yeh that works

Rogue Jedi
my sis has allergies.

silver_tears
I dont have allergies raver

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
me neither raver

§pearhead
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon2.gif ugh...I can hardly breathe right now

nazgulinthedark
my allergies are horrible around march and april, they get better around may and early jusne, but then comback june and july sad

Mr. Bacon
im allergic to bees

JediHDM
are you sure its allergies? i mean, did you move, are you around a lot of dust or grass...i dunno...forget my talking...

The Vodkanator
i'm allergic :/ fcuking shit i say

cLoVi€
dust,
animals
birds
flowers
trees

and more sad

dave123
i don't think i'm allergic to anything happy

Storm
I' m allergy free happy

Sauron
Feather Pillows stick out tongue

honestly!
when i sleep on a feather pillow i wake up with really puffy itchy red bloodshot eyes

Horrible sad

cLoVi€
i have the same. ^
but i was coughing.. now i have pillows made from sth different.
but everytime i'm not sleeping at home there are problems with that confused

Sauron
yeah, which is why i make a note to warn people smile

either that or sleep with my head resting on a bit of blanket from somewhere

but feather pillows are a no no

cLoVi€
i do know what you mean *sigh*
i hate them...

and i am sleeping with head on the bit blanket or on my teddy-bear roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sauron
crymy teddy bear from when i was little was thrown out yesterdaycry

cLoVi€
cry i'm sooo sowwie.....

Sauron
Bradley Bear sad

*misses*

*hugs everyone who has lost a teddy bear*

Cloud Dancer
So, do you have allergies? That might sound like a nonsensical question for this forum, but everyone on this forum is definately, at least, of a different mindset than the average person. Personally, I've been tested for 141 different allergens and came up positive for 130 of them. I think it's interesting that humans should even have allergies. And there are many more of us that have allergies than you would think should be affected. Point is, that if you believe in the Evolutionists and the human species as we know it has evolved on this planet as it should, then why should the native fauna, flora and foods to this planet effect some of our immune systems like they do causing allergic reactions. Only the strong survive in evolution and it seems that natural selection should've kicked in some time ago and itself addressed the allergy issue (among others). I think allergies are telling us something that I'll go into later. So, do you have allergies? How bad?

debbiejo
I think you're correct...Allergies do try to tell us something...I've known many people with allergies, bad ones, that were able to get rid of them with changes they made...One person I know couldn't be around cats, dogs...furry things, mold, pollen...caused asthma, but when he changed his diet...all his allergies went away...When he returned to his old ways of eating...the allergies came back...I've found this to be true with quite a few people.

Dreampanther
Penicillen (or however you spell it)

debbiejo
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Penicillen (or however you spell it)

That does nothing for allergies...

Shakyamunison
I have allergies.

I have thought about this before and this is what I think. We live in a clean environment, we sleep in beds and walk on floors and if we get dirty we clean ourselves. A human in the wild would sleep on the ground, would walk on the ground and would only clean themselves when a good supply of water was around, like a river. We are modern humans with ancient immune systems, our bodies are supposed to be invaded by things in the dirty all the time, but we are so clean that our immune systems have nothing to do most of the time. So our immune system starts attacking things that it would not have long ago.

This is just my crazy idea...

jaden101
i get hayfever (allergy to pollen)...not severe but annoying

i do think one thing is a bit amusing about allergy warnings....you'll get a warning on a packet of nuts that says "may contain nuts"...you would hope so if you were buying them

jaden101
Originally posted by debbiejo
That does nothing for allergies...

i think he's trying to say that he's allergic to it...

debbiejo
The survival of the fittest....you'll all die out...leaving the world to us non allergies people...We will take over....

Cloud Dancer

debbiejo
Debbiejo on another planet would have a hard time....But I once did have allergies...to mold....I did get rid of them with changing my diet..

Please...tell us more....so interested....I'm into health....you probably wont get much of an intelligent response in this GF though....

Shakyamunison

Shakyamunison
People who live in Africa, in hunter gatherer tribes, do not have allergies like we do.

Cloud Dancer
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why would alien have DNA? DNA is the way creatures on Earth were formed. Aliens would have some other way of life.

We'll just define 'alien' as anything not of or originating from Earth.

Our galaxy is huge. Incomprehensibly huge. The universe contains litteraly billions of galaxies. This universe we live in is governed by the same carpet of physical, scientific and biological rules no matter if we look at the Earth, or another inhabitable planet 13 million light years from here. We are carbon based life. Earth-like planets would also harbor carbon based life. The earth is not THAT unique in this universe in that respect. There could be literally millions of earth-like planets just in our own galaxy, nevermind the entire universe. Our solar system is only about 4 billion years old. The universe (best guess anyway) is about 10-13 or more billion years old. There are earth-like, carbon based planets out there that have a BIG, BIG jump on the earth as far as age goes. We cannot hope to assume that anything or everything alien is always different than life on earth as we know it. That would be a bad assumption considering the vastness of the universe. With that taken in consideration, a little alien DNA inserted into the human genome is a real possibility. Of course this raises more questions........

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Cloud Dancer
We'll just define 'alien' as anything not of or originating from Earth.

Our galaxy is huge. Incomprehensibly huge. The universe contains litteraly billions of galaxies. This universe we live in is governed by the same carpet of physical, scientific and biological rules no matter if we look at the Earth, or another inhabitable planet 13 million light years from here. We are carbon based life. Earth-like planets would also harbor carbon based life. The earth is not THAT unique in this universe in that respect. There could be literally millions of earth-like planets just in our own galaxy, nevermind the entire universe. Our solar system is only about 4 billion years old. The universe (best guess anyway) is about 10-13 or more billion years old. There are earth-like, carbon based planets out there that have a BIG, BIG jump on the earth as far as age goes. We cannot hope to assume that anything or everything alien is always different than life on earth as we know it. That would be a bad assumption considering the vastness of the universe. With that taken in consideration, a little alien DNA inserted into the human genome is a real possibility. Of course this raises more questions........

That is a lot of IFs.

The easiest answer is usually the correct answer. We are in the wrong environment or we are eating the wrong kind of food.

bilb
I have allergies.

I have thought about this before and this is what I think. We live in a clean environment, we sleep in beds and walk on floors and if we get dirty we clean ourselves. A human in the wild would sleep on the ground, would walk on the ground and would only clean themselves when a good supply of water was around, like a river. We are modern humans with ancient immune systems, our bodies are supposed to be invaded by things in the dirty all the time, but we are so clean that our immune systems have nothing to do most of the time. So our immune system starts attacking things that it would not have long ago.

This is just my crazy idea...

you just explained the very reason so many doctors are against teh overpresciption of antibiotics

debbiejo
Yes, and immunisations shots........

Cloud Dancer
That is a lot of IFs.

The easiest answer is usually the correct answer. We are in the wrong environment or we are eating the wrong kind of food.

Shaky, I like the way you think. Sometimes the easiest answer IS usually the correct answer, and then again, sometimes not. Anyone who's posted a reply here could be correct and I of course, could be wrong. Examining hypothetical reasons for unanswered questions is a neat thing to do. I'm glad I found this board. I've learned to always ask 'why' about anything I don't understand and it's surprising the amount of things that we people take for granted without really knowing the reason behind it. I may start a different thread on another subject to get opinions on a different issue. Actually, I was hoping this thread would head that way, but Shaky's logic convinced me otherwise.

Fire
well I don't know them all I'm allergic to the seeds of some type of grass, nothing harmful just plain annoying

Shakyamunison
Shaky, I like the way you think. Sometimes the easiest answer IS usually the correct answer, and then again, sometimes not. Anyone who's posted a reply here could be correct and I of course, could be wrong. Examining hypothetical reasons for unanswered questions is a neat thing to do. I'm glad I found this board. I've learned to always ask 'why' about anything I don't understand and it's surprising the amount of things that we people take for granted without really knowing the reason behind it. I may start a different thread on another subject to get opinions on a different issue. Actually, I was hoping this thread would head that way, but Shaky's logic convinced me otherwise.

Well, I'm just getting my information from my alien masters. laughing

Cloud Dancer
Shaky, By the way dude, you make some KILLER music. Went to your site and previewed a couple of songs. Gonna go back when I get more time and listen to more tracks. Definate echos of John Lennon in that voice of yours.

Shakyamunison
Shaky, By the way dude, you make some KILLER music. Went to your site and previewed a couple of songs. Gonna go back when I get more time and listen to more tracks. Definate echos of John Lennon in that voice of yours.

Thanks...

Coldfire
Oddly enough, I have no allergies that i know of erm

vaya_the_elf
*Laughs* I have way to many.

Fall is my worse season. I'm even allegic to grass.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
*Laughs* I have way to many.

Fall is my worse season. I'm even allegic to grass.

Sorry to hear that, I get it year round.

Imperial_Samura
I am allergic to pollen, although it has lessened as I have gotten older, it was terrible a few years ago, now it just manifests itself as moderately bad hay fever.

vaya_the_elf
Has anyone had allergy shots?

fantasygirl
Nope.. I don't have it. no2

Scoobless
i have a few allergies...... plus eczema & asthma.... my doctor once told me that due to this, my natural immunities would be always at a state of "on" and give greater protection against the average infection..... but even after he said this i still manage to pick up at least half the bugs that go around

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
i have a few allergies...... plus eczema & asthma.... my doctor once told me that due to this, my natural immunities would be always at a state of "on" and give greater protection against the average infection..... but even after he said this i still manage to pick up at least half the bugs that go around

i too have asthma and eczema... and was told the same stuff... i only usually get ill around christmas time...

playmean
i got tested when i was like 8, they wrote a bunch a numbers on my back and pricked me. then i had to get shots every week. it sucked. embarrasment

Scoobless
Originally posted by pr1983
i too have asthma and eczema... and was told the same stuff... i only usually get ill around christmas time...

i think he probably had a point.... to be honest i don't get ill often, maybe get a cold once a year..... but it does seem to clear up faster for me than for my brother & sister who don't have asthma

Tempe Brennan
Quite simply, tell us what allegies you have. smile

Me? I'm allergic to pork, bubblegum, and anything scented - that is, purfume, aerosol sprays such as air freshner, fly spray, deoderant etc, plus toliet papers and tissues. I have buy hypo - allergenic, which can be more expensive.
I've also come to realise that I have an allergy to bread, although whether this is from preservatives, I am not yet sure.

guy222
pennicylin

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by guy222
pennicylin

What happens when you have it?

Tempe Brennan
Thanks for merging this thread, whoever you are - I did search allergies, but nothing came up.

guy222
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
What happens when you have it?

I could die

guy222
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
Thanks for merging this thread, whoever you are - I did search allergies, but nothing came up.

Prolly Storm

Martian_mind
I'm allergic to fake flowers.They give me a rash..

Shelbert Lemon
Im allergic to Gold, Apple Candy and Bees.

Joe K
Im not allergic to anything!

Discos
I get bad hayfever, thats about it.

It will maybe kick up sometime in summer but it goes away when I go abroad for 2 weeks in June, but as soon as I land I am red eyed to the hilt and am a right mess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.