Anyone else HATE the movies but LOVE the books?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WinterHeaven
Sup.

Despite what everyone at my school/dorm say, I think the movies are terrible adaptations of the books. I've always thought the books were awesome since day 1, but the movies were a complete and total letdown.

Come to think of it, I think any movie rendition of HP would have dissapointed me. Anyone else this way?

-WH

*Georgina_A*
I kind of feel that way too...the films weren't too great. quite a let-down really erm

punkyhermy
the films represent harry potter as underdeveloped,immature kidstuff.The complexity abouty hp books is that they are simple yet deep.the movies haven't acheived that yet.the actors are pathetic emma watson specifically.the present harry as the hero while in real he is not.well he is but he isn't the hero type u know?!

Balzi
I totally agree. The movies suck but the books are great. Though it is propably really hard to make a book into a movie expecially with young actors. I mean not so many kids can act as well as adults.....

*Georgina_A*
I think the way they go about choosing the children actors is bad. they count mainly on looks.

mook
i wouldnt say i hate the films but the books are far superior (especially as the series continues)

im trying to get a friend to read the books but he wont cos he hates the films.

iluvpippin
yes!

Amy Black
I love the movies but not as much as I love the books. The movies destructed my illusions. I imagine something somehow, and in the movie...do you think the director has read the books?
For example, Gary Oldman has much shorter hair than Sirius does. I don't think it's the most important thing, but it's important for me. And there are so many little things that doesn't agree with the books. It's a little annoying.

pixie1
me me me they realy messed up the first movie

VanHRH
In every series the books ARE ALWYAS BETTER then the movies. thats just fact. but i still enjoyed the movies even though now and then u can hear me saying " thats not what freakin happened in the book" or " why didnt they show this scene??" but i think i might make an acception for movie #3 (PoA)...it just looks so freakin good! in my mind.....it might be the best HP movie yet!

eezy45
huh
i think the movies were made as good as a man can make it

tigress
i agree eezy bit of a shame they left out bits from the books though nicks death day party would have probably been funny

[Ms_dEaTh]
I reckon they had to left some unimportant bits out to save more time for the important bits.
But the movies contradict terribly with the books. Oush Steven Kloves...

Balzi
What if there just aren't any good young actors in England? Do you know any?
They could be much worse...

pixie1
ok back to my chef annoyance HAGRIDS house it was mad out of wood not stone and i no this may seem a little sill to the rest of you (but they missed out my fav line bcoz of this mistake)but HOW hard would it have been for the house to be wood mad ???????????

tassie
i'd have to disagree, they were lazy in the making, the plot could have been so much better, the atmosphere of the movie itself was nothing like what you'd get in the books.

the bks rule cool but the movies were aight too, not the best tho

Evy_O
I agree 100%
I did not like the movies erm

cheeky munkey
i liked the films,.,.......... but i definately choose the books over them!!!!!!
they missed out loads of stuff that i wanted in there, and in the second book? wat the hell was with the basilisk? realy not how i pictured it!"!!!!!! i dont reckon ginny was ginger enough either sad
anyway... point made.. the books are better....... oh.. and one last hing... daniel radcliff cannot act.... especially in the begginning of the second one..... talk about over pronouncing your words!!!!!!! big grin

Amy Black
I've just seen the newest trailer of the "Prisoner of Azkaban", and I have to say it's gonna be the greatest movie of all time. tv_happy

iluvsirius
i agree...i dont like the movies too much...they destroy how you imagine certain things and they change things in the movie like characters and places...i like the movies but they are not like the books at all!What the f**k?

iluvsirius
i agree...i dont like the movies too much...they destroy how you imagine certain things and they change things in the movie like characters and places...i like the movies a bit but they are not like the books at all!What the f**k?

<<Solo>>
The Movies are pretty good but definately not as good as the books.

Krabs55
Yea the films are ok , but the books are way better. Maybe the next film will be better bc it is a new director !

azyne
Absolutely no way that any of the HP films are the greatest of all time. To me, I don't HATE the movies but...I'm close. The thing that pisses me off the most would probably be Hermione's hair. I've said this about 23049823048 times before, BUSHY does not, in any language, mean ANGELIC LITTLE RINGLETS. Apparently no one understands that.

Someone said it before, movies are so much worse than books and it's just fact. I haven't seen the LOTR movies but many people would give them a run for their money, cuz they seem to be as great as the books. There's the time issue, esp for GoF (how could they be so stupid as to fit all that into one freakin 2 hour movie) and all the special effects...but God, there are so many things they could have been just a bit less lazy for and made the films at least decent.

iluvpippin
YES!!!! (dunno if u guys have changed the topic, but i dont rilly like the movies and i LOOOOVE THE BOOKS!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.