Eragon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
I think this book is amazing! And it was written by a 15 year old! The book kicks ass AND it was written by a young kid HOW COOL IS THAT!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

HockeyHorror
haven't read it...dont intend to...hope i never do.

i will research but wont read it.

badkittykitty
well you never know..it could really be something hocky... wink

NoahCloud
Ignoring the fact that the "fifteen year old genius" of this book STOLE basically every interesting element in his story from other works (I.E the entire plot from star wars, the world from tolkien, and the dragon raising/hiding/psychic connection bit from Jane Yolen's dragon trilogy) the book was terrible.

While reading I could not help but think to myself, "this writer seems kind of imature" and then I realized that wait...he is in fact fifteen, and he DOES write like a fifteen year old with one difference; hundreds of randomly placed, uncalled for SAT words.

His characters are one dimensional, Saphira grows to quickly for a bond to be created between her and Eragon, his discriptions are amaturish, and overall this book is a monument to the degeneration of our American culture.

By reading this book...and then saying something as ridiculous as "it was the best book I ever read" or even, "hey this book was pretty good" you are slapping not only every great fantasy writer the world has seen in the face, but every writer in general. By feeding into this new phenomena that is, "young writers are good writers", and my personal favorite, "you can't be too hard on him because he is just a kid" you are directly feeding the beast that will suffocate and KILL any ounce of creativity your children and their children will have.

Christopher Paolini has done only ONE original thing with his book...he has taken prose and found a new way to promote it. Age.

Please do not buy this book, do not support this book, and if you are so inclined to...disagree with me. However, not only will I reply, but I will show no mercy to the ignorant.

badkittykitty
merged threads.....theres the review. no offense el barto but i kinda expected the book to be like NoahClouds review.

NoahCloud
Hey, nice to meet you. You can call me Noah.

badkittykitty
nice to meet you too noah, I'm BKK smile

el_barto
how much of a little kid did i sound in that post laughing out loud

el_barto
well at least i hold my own opinion.... i think the book was great you might agree with me if you read it

el_barto
what the hell!?!?!?!? he used one word from starwars "empire" and do you see a resistance or flying robots or light sabers?. All i see is a kid a dragon and an old man on a quest

el_barto
why do you say "do not promote this book" maybe some people will like it if they read it? Does the whole world have to agree with you?

NoahCloud
well, I didn't want to go here...but I will.

The story of a ten year old boy who has incredible powers for his age. He is inducted into this elite group of warriors of good, where he turns evil and kills them all THEN becomes the ruler of a dark empire...

after all that...a single boy becomes the last dragon rider (kind of like the last jedi) and goes off to fight.

Oh...and he's the nephew of the dark emperor. heh. funny how things work out.

Maikahyandowen
you're splitting hairs, pal. That book rocks! and if you'd like to say he copied Star Wars, then perhaps you should think about the fact that George Lucas was copying Lord of the Rings.k authors do that. get over it.

el_barto
that is o so true

NoahCloud
1) I'm not splitting hairs

2) The book does not rock

3) I am not saying...he DID, along WITH lotr, dragon riders of pern, and the dragon trilogy (by jane yolen)

4) How did george lucas copy from Star Wars...and if he did...I never said that it was right.

--Overall comment--

Many people say (and many truly believe) that the fantasy genre copies itself, and it's all the same...and so taking elements from other works is ok. Even if this was true, those people only mean that borrowing things (like one world filled with elves dwarves and men...where the elves came from grey ships) They do not mean stealing an entire plot. They do not mean stealing a concept.

This book has gotten great reviews for (2) reasons. The first is that most of today's critics don't know much at all about the fantasy genre...and the ones that do (reason number two) give him a good review because he's fifteen.

The book gets a TON of good reviews and so now, everyone is afraid to say that it was terrible. Many kids look to Eragon as an inspiration, now they TOO can publish early...but this STILL doesn't make his book any good.

NoahCloud
i disagree

el_barto
im sick of arguing with people on this forum that whont change their mind even if they are wrong, Goodbye

NoahCloud
haha, but thats the thing...I've suported this argument and all you say is

"It's great!"

So when you say you are sick of people that won't change your minds...do you really mean, "I'm sick of people who don't agree with me"

if so then my response is: The world is filled with lots of different opinions, get used to it.

el_barto
no im sick of arguing with people that i cant even change their minds even if they are wrong its not that i dont have good reasons why the book is good but you seem like all the other ignorant people out there who whont change their opinions even if they are wrong and im sick of having to deal with them

NoahCloud
But how am I wrong? You haven't tried to convince me at all. Tell me what's redeeming about Eragon? Please, I'd like to know actually.

Surely, a book that you so vehemently support must have a variable cornucopia of wonderful things to discuss...can you not think of...say...a handful to share?

badkittykitty
don't get upset el. some people think its good,some people think its bad...just opinions and friendly debate.

el_barto
what i am saying is even if i do come up with good points you will just try to prove me wrong and say that i am and i am sick of talking to people that are like that

NoahCloud
whoa. The only one who said that was YOU, not me.

el_barto
never mind

NoahCloud
...ok

el_barto
uncalled for? the quality of words it practicaly what makes a book good or bad.

shaber
You are supposed to CONCEAL spoilers.

el_barto
^ listen to him

Northern Elf
i really wanted to read this book but i not to sure now can any one give me a unbias version of what happens??

get bent
i tght it was a good book but i agree it was just a mix of other works

shaber
But everything is just a mix of other works wink Where else are authors going to get inspiration?

get bent
good point

ShinOkami
It's not about whether you 'copy' from someone else or not. It's whether you can use these ideas in a fresh, new way. Unfortunately, in my opinion Eragon turned out to be more of a Frankenstein than a Reincarnation. I can deal with rehashed ideas, sure, but not to the point where everything is the exact same thing I've seen in another (MUCH BETTER) novel. Take the magic 'system' in Eragon. The 'true language' idea is exactly LeGuin's. Heck, there's even a 'true name' section slammed in somewhere there, when it really has no relevance at all to the rest of the story. There's no sense of rhythm or balance at all; the story is much like a rambling, a complex mingling of underdeveloped 'ideas', all of which already has been seen and done before. I don't really care if I'm reading a story about elves and dwarves again, or special boys who ride on dragons, but I'd rather see it done right, would rather watch the story flow than jerk around all over the place. A good story can take old ideas and bring them out so that you can barely distinguish it from what it was 'copied' from. Eragon, in my humble opinion, isn't such a story.

hotsauce6548
Eragon, in my opinion, was a very good book. I did not think that the quality of words and the descriptions of certain things were as good as they could have been. At a few points in the book, I had a hard time picturing what was going on, especially when Eragon and Saphira reach the city of Tronjiheim. Overall, I would recommend this novel to anyone who is interested in the Science-Fiction/Fantasy genre. If not, I wouldn't say it would make you a fan.

Vim
Well check out my book, I'm a young author, 21, and see what you think of it. And please write a review. So far no one has. But it just come July 5th, so I guess I need to give it a few more days or whatever. I haven't read Eragon, I may give it a try, just to support young authors, such as myself. My book's part of trilogy, and the story stretches over quite a few years, probably fifty or more.

pinkwhite
Hey, I am reading Eragon at the moment, I think it is fab!!!

hotsauce6548
hey Vim, is the title Clashing Forces?

shangheid
i thought Eragon was a very good book i just finished it and previewed eldest (second book) and im phyced for it and the movies both coming in 2005!!for all those people who didnt like Eragon i don't understand why...

Maylien
i really liked this book and cant wait for the next one i know that it is copied the author even states at the book of the book the he gopt the ideas from other places but i still like it

Krystaldragon
I think it is pretty neat that people put there opinions here, for me Eragon was quiet a good read, it was interesting and the only thing I found in it that seemed to "copy" was about your "true" name, it sounded a little bit like Earthsea, but who caressmile I hope people continue posting what they think, and not judge a book by its cover, the only way you are going to find out if you like it, is to read itbig grin Sorry to those who thought it was bad, Good luck with some other book

seriph
it was a very good book, not that origonal but it was still good.
i swear its love hate like marmite smile

Smodden
Eragon is a great booksmile

Beast_Within
Originally posted by el_barto
I think this book is amazing! And it was written by a 15 year old! The book kicks ass AND it was written by a young kid HOW COOL IS THAT!!!?!?!?!?!?!? i just started reading it!! eek!

Maikahyandowen
it's a pretty awesome book

vaya_the_elf
Just got it, and starting to read it tonight smile

Movie_Geek_
The second book is going out in a week or two. I am going crazy waiting for it to come out.

vaya_the_elf
Cool. That means I won't have long to wait, because I'm still reading the book *laughs*

Movie_Geek_
What point are you at so I know not to say to much

vaya_the_elf
I want a pet dragon *sniff*

Although I do have bearded dragon

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
What point are you at so I know not to say to much

Only the fifth chapter embarrasment

Saratn
i love this book so much. can't wait for it to come out on the shelves. I read it so long ago, I am thinking of reading it again.

MerMorgan02
I love the book. Eldest will b out soon. eek! I can't wait!

Movie_Geek_
Originally posted by Saratn
i love this book so much. can't wait for it to come out on the shelves. I read it so long ago, I am thinking of reading it again.

I read shortly after it came out. I think I should reread it as well.

MerMorgan02
The copy of Eragon that I own is so worn from being reread so many times! It's amazing!!!! big grin Arya kicks butt.

Movie_Geek_
sad I took my copy of Erogon to school and they sell hot chocolate and coffee in the morning at my school in the winter. Someone bummed into my desk and got hot chocolate all over it! I was pretty mad.

vaya_the_elf
Sorry about your book Movie Geek

Millipilli
hi
i read eragon ages ago and i think it is a very good book i finished it all in like 2 days

i read a bit too much for my own good

the storyline was good and i havent seen/read star wars so i wouldnt know if it was copied

and i agree with MerMorgan02 arya kicks butt

Movie_Geek_
I have seen Star Wars and in a far off VARY basic way it is similar but not to the point that I noticed.

MerMorgan02
really? u think so? in what way???

Movie_Geek_
Originally posted by NoahCloud

The story of a ten year old boy who has incredible powers for his age. He is inducted into this elite group of warriors of good, where he turns evil and kills them all THEN becomes the ruler of a dark empire...

after all that...a single boy becomes the last dragon rider (kind of like the last jedi) and goes off to fight.

Look back a few pages...this guy was going on about how Eragon is not a origanl story and all. I do not agree with him though.

MerMorgan02
O.....K......
wateve. I just think it's cool. It's been my goal, 2, like, write the great American Novel while I'm still a teenager, and as long as there r kids out there writing and doing pretty darn good, I'm happy. happy

vaya_the_elf
Getting closer to the ending smile

It would be easier if I did not have two other books I'm reading, and also other things I have to do. *laughs*

Movie_Geek_
Well as soon as you fininsh come back on and we can talk freely about the book without spoilers.

Millipilli
this is off topic but did you realise with the word dragon and change the first letter one forward (a-b) dragon=eragon

i was wondering if anyone else noticed smile

MerMorgan02
*shrugs* I 4get, I think I did realize. and we're not really off topic, we're still disscussing Eragon. stick out tongue

Movie_Geek_
Originally posted by Millipilli
this is off topic but did you realise with the word dragon and change the first letter one forward (a-b) dragon=eragon

i was wondering if anyone else noticed smile
laughing out loud good for you if you noticed that all on your own. It took me a couple of chapters before it hit me.

MerMorgan02
what exactly is gonna happen in Eldest? I mean, Arya is gonna take Eragon and Saphira, probably Murtaugh 2, 2 the Elves, 2 train him. but r thay gonna, like, fly their and spend the most time in the book w/ the elves, or spend most of the time traveling, 'cuz they still need time in the third book 2 kill the evil king dude.

ow, my brain hurts.

Movie_Geek_
Most likely but Roran is being thrown in the story I know. I do not know what will happen but something along the lines of his betrayal to Eragon. Did you ever look at the special edition of Eragon. It has the first few chapters of Eldest.

Millipilli
ooooooo i cant wait i want it for my birthday but im getting a mp3 player instead

but at that point i didnt know when it was coming out so an mp3 player or money rip to my dreams

MerMorgan02
I read some of the extra stuff, but mine isn't special addition, I just realized. I had 2 borrow my friend's book. as far as I got, Eragon is still hurt, and he's looking over the battle field.

Saratn
nope i have never noticed that changing the e to a d will make dragon. So how long is Eldest going to be...anyone know?

vaya_the_elf
Just finished it today smile

Millipilli
well what did you think of it out of ten i give it a 9 1/2
thumbup1

Millipilli
i took off half a star as the saphiras picture on the front looks alot better than the dragons i draw disgust

Dizzle
I'd go for somewhere in the 4/5 range. Paolini's better than anyone I can think of at age 15... but 15 he remains. And you can see it, if you really look at it. The story does bear huge similarities to Star Wars though. There's even more than the ones Noah posted...

Eragon's a fair read. I swear though, I get to hate the "unlikely hero who gets confronted with new powers and by a random stroke of luck comes out on top" stories. Use your own skills, dammit.

And to whoever said it, words don't make a story. They help, but an amazing plot and great overall telling of a story with the vocabulary of an 8th grader would not bother me in the least. Great description and such techniques cover up shoddy vocabulary very well.

Other than that, I'll probly read Eldest... Just to see if Lu- imean Eragon- gets his hand cut off.

All in all, Eragon's not really unbearable, but it's no Wheel of Time. Or Sword of Truth. Or three quarters of the Forgotten Realms books out there. Ooh, and Dragonriders of Pern was quite good too. Damn... Eragon's pretty low on my fantasy list... READ GOOD BOOKS!

Millipilli
yeah but ive never seen starwars and i only read eragon as my mum forced me too
starwars sniper

Millipilli
i mean
sniper starwars

Millipilli
so i wouldnt know if they were similar

MerMorgan02
U have never cn Star Wars??? jawdrop what, do u live in a cave????

vaya_the_elf
I'd give it a 8/10. It's well written.

Can't wait to read the next book smile

Millipilli
Originally posted by MerMorgan02
U have never cn Star Wars??? jawdrop what, do u live in a cave????

yes ive lived in a cave all my life
is that a problem???

so what that ive never seen starwars its not like its the end of the
world

ive never seen starwars and i dont plan to kicking

how do you get those pictures down the bottom there so cool

Movie_Geek_
I do not think I could rate the book fairly. I have read LOTS of book. My room could double as a library. The thing is a book is ether good or bad if you ask me. There are books that fall between but they are the books you read for fun. I think Eragon is a good book and I am going to go get Eldest the day it comes out if I can. The reason I am so jumpy for the book is because I can not currently find one to read! laughing out loud

Millipilli
yeah i know what thats like

Saratn
well most stories are based upon others. they take different plots, and just make it different in their own unique way. i'm still looking for a book as well. i am looking for the fourth installment to the Sword of Truth, but so far no luck...but if i can't find it i will just go and get the Eldest, and then find the fourth book.

Movie_Geek_
It is hard to get books in the summer. They do not publish many new books in the summer because not to many people read in the summer. I know I read less in the summer.

vaya_the_elf
When does Eldest come out?

Movie_Geek_
At the end of the week I think

vaya_the_elf
Cool cool

King Angus
Eldest comes out in 10 minutes, it is now August 22, 11:50, i will be getting Eldest at 10:00, tomorrow, that is when my local book store opens, and ill have my reserved copy waiting for me then. I love Eragon, it is the best book of all time, and also my favorite.

~May your swords stay sharp!

King Angus
It is now officially August 23, Eldest is now out, YAY!

vaya_the_elf
Happy Dance

Millipilli
WHAT REALLY!?!?!?

not here i dont think

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

MerMorgan02
I have 2 get it! I'm isolated on a island 2day!!!!!! I'll still get it, even if I have 2 break a few laws. laughing jk, jk.

Movie_Geek_
Yes to day is the day! I am going to go get it latter today! My brother is a fan of the book to but I am going to drive and go get it with out telling him. SHHHH. I want to read it first!

Millipilli
please take me with you i want that book soooooooooooooooooooooo bad
praypray

vaya_the_elf
Guess what? I got the book yesterday smile

I'm going to start to read it tonight

dmoney
it was exceptable but i most admit at some times i couldnt picture them in my head and i found myself skipping some pages otherwise decent book

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by dmoney
it was exceptable but i most admit at some times i couldnt picture them in my head and i found myself skipping some pages otherwise decent book

Are you talking about Eragon, or Eldest.

I started reading it now, and I'm like it so far

riku harada
is eldest actually out?

vaya_the_elf
Yes. Got it yesterday

Well if you live in the United States

riku harada
i'm behind on my book buying. sad

vaya_the_elf
Me to, but someone brought it for me.

Millipilli
if it is possible can noone talk about anthing that happens in eldest i want to read it myself on my birthday which is in 29 days and i sortof dont want it ruined so please dont talk about it thanx

riku harada
i haven't even bought it!!!! i'll go this week end. i've got two books to buy.

Millipilli
i havent biught it either im telling people who have bought it to not talk about it not you riku harada

Millipilli
bought*

riku harada
i meant that. it's a typing mistake...

Millipilli
because well i dont want it spoiled

Millipilli
riku have you read eragon?

vaya_the_elf
if it is possible can noone talk about anthing that happens in eldest i want to read it myself on my birthday which is in 29 days and i sortof dont want it ruined so please dont talk about it thanx

All I was talking about was that is was out, and I'm reading it. Did not say anything about the plot line

MerMorgan02
EEEE, I got it!!!!!!!!!!! eek! Jumpy laughing It's reallyreallyreallyreallyreally good!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

MerMorgan02
Eldest Thread here, peeps. I'm only posting it once.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363611

riku harada
riku have you read eragon?
yes i have! i loved that book!

Millipilli
i know it is great

sorry i havent replied as i have not been aloud on
the pc sorry

what was your favourite line or scene mine is

'eragon'
"is that all you can say" he snapped
'yes.'

Millipilli
i have very very very very very very very
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very
very very very very very very very bad news
eldest isnt in australia yet it come out next month as it is a september release
stupid bookstore and its stupid stupidness
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

MerMorgan02
stupid stupidness.....laughing it reminds me of my brother!
y isn't it in austrailia until Sept.?

riku harada
because, as you said: it's stuppid stupidness!

Millipilli
i know it is so stupid you peoples get to read it before me

it only took me 2 days to read all eragon so think how long it would take me to read eldest

im so sad
cry crybaby cry

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud Hay! I had to wait more than a YEAR! I think you can make it. laughing out loud I got Eldest and a little past a 100 pages. I am Loving it!!in_love

(( sorry you have to wait though, it is hared to wait when you know the book is out there. You could order it from the U.S. I think if you really wanted it. ))

vaya_the_elf
laughing out loud Hay! I had to wait more than a YEAR! I think you can make it. laughing out loud I got Eldest and a little past a 100 pages. I am Loving it!!in_love

(( sorry you have to wait though, it is hared to wait when you know the book is out there. You could order it from the U.S. I think if you really wanted it. ))

Me to smile

Barker
I've READ Eragon, But kinda zoned out at the end. no expression I should probably re-read it. (The whole dome thing lost me)

Movie_Geek_
First i have to say I loved the book but, I felt a little board when they first got to Futher-Dur (spelling?). I found it hard to picture and he showed how new he was to writing. I read a lot and still think that he is a vary good one but, you still have to look at ~parts~ of it. I got right back in it though when they started the battle though. love

Millipilli
sad( sorry you have to wait though, it is hared to wait when you know the book is out there. You could order it from the U.S. I think if you really wanted it. ))

its out it come out like 2 days ago so now ive got to wait till my birthday untill i can get it which is in 3 weeks!!!
wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash
boxed

MerMorgan02
u poor, deprived child, u. cry

Millipilli
Originally posted by MerMorgan02
u poor, deprived child, u. cry

i know

i think im getting a concussion
bangin

Movie_Geek_
I am half way through the book now.

Well you could always ask for a early B-day present

Millipilli
i cant i already got my mp3 player early and my mum was angry as it was a pressie from my nan

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud lucky you. Wish I could come up with a good way to help you. sad

MerMorgan02
Christmas in September present? big grin or a halloween present.....back 2 school present? I'm outta ideas....

Krystaldragon
Who are your Fav Eragon Characters? mine?.....um....Eragon, Murtagh, Angela, Solembum....um Saphira. and Durza was cool, for a bad guy...

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud my fav would be Eragon

Krystaldragon
Hey, look at this picture I drew of Solembum, What do you think?

Movie_Geek_
laughing out loud that cool

danagrint
that book was stupid... well I didn't read and I don't plan too, but I mean that it looks really stupid

BartmanX
Originally posted by danagrint
that book was stupid... well I didn't read and I don't plan too, but I mean that it looks really stupid

Can't say that unless you've read it.

bogen
Since when were you a leading authority on books, growth of dragons, writing and generally the way a fantasy book is formed.
Ur a noob man a noob. The way you have writin your said little review says that you are an ametuer trying to make out he's big and knows stuuf he don't, hell you probably havent even read the lord of the rings and the rest of tolkens world

BartmanX
Originally posted by bogen
Since when were you a leading authority on books, growth of dragons, writing and generally the way a fantasy book is formed.
Ur a noob man a noob. The way you have writin your said little review says that you are an ametuer trying to make out he's big and knows stuuf he don't, hell you probably havent even read the lord of the rings and the rest of tolkens world

I never said I was. Accually, I have read all of Tolken's books. The Hobbit was my favorite. no expression erm

kf100
that really was a good book. i cant wait for the movie. i just cant believe its not due out until december of next year. i really hope they bump um the date its due out, cause i dont know if i can wait that long. Eldest was also really good. it had a lot of description that dragged on, but it was good all the same.

bogen
u made ur self out to be an expert, you also sounded arogant like ur looking fo a flame wars omg asl?

bogen
dear noah cloud as you can see your opinoin is somewhat sepratist, you are an individual in your ideas such as " the dragon grew to fast, it's like lort" with consistant wahing so, wah wah wah

Movie_Geek_
Would you both stop it because you both sound like @$$****. The thing with Eragon is that it is a good story to read but it pulls from a lot of other storys it seems like.

vaya_the_elf
no expression

MistressofSnape
Ignoring the fact that the "fifteen year old genius" of this book STOLE basically every interesting element in his story from other works (I.E the entire plot from star wars, the world from tolkien, and the dragon raising/hiding/psychic connection bit from Jane Yolen's dragon trilogy) the book was terrible.

While reading I could not help but think to myself, "this writer seems kind of imature" and then I realized that wait...he is in fact fifteen, and he DOES write like a fifteen year old with one difference; hundreds of randomly placed, uncalled for SAT words.

His characters are one dimensional, Saphira grows to quickly for a bond to be created between her and Eragon, his discriptions are amaturish, and overall this book is a monument to the degeneration of our American culture.

By reading this book...and then saying something as ridiculous as "it was the best book I ever read" or even, "hey this book was pretty good" you are slapping not only every great fantasy writer the world has seen in the face, but every writer in general. By feeding into this new phenomena that is, "young writers are good writers", and my personal favorite, "you can't be too hard on him because he is just a kid" you are directly feeding the beast that will suffocate and KILL any ounce of creativity your children and their children will have.

Christopher Paolini has done only ONE original thing with his book...he has taken prose and found a new way to promote it. Age.

Please do not buy this book, do not support this book, and if you are so inclined to...disagree with me. However, not only will I reply, but I will show no mercy to the ignorant.

rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud...you got to admit he blodlessly guted that author and he's book. I wanted to read Eragon but it seems my parents are immune to my pleas of taking me anywhere with books in it.mad...It's so sad... I guess all you Eragon fantics will be reading the sequal, Eldest now. That looked intersting.

Krystaldragon
LoL, thats guys analyzing it too much, i'll admit, there are quite a bit of similarity's in the elements of it that are like Lord of the rings (elves tall and fair, dwarfs live under ground,that sort of thing), but story wise, its nothing like LOTR, although I don't know if it is like any of the other books he mentioned as i've never read them, and I don't really see how it is like star wars...but OK... I am glad people don't all agree, if we all agreed things would be boring. I really liked Eragon myself, and I am finding it hard to put Eldest down either, the only way to know if yah like it is to read it! hahaha I must be boird today....bye every1!

Movie_Geek_

By the way you have most of all my favoret books in your sig.big grin

That is what he ment by Star Wars....even is Erogon is not his nephew. I do not know where he came up with that. confused

BartmanX
Originally posted by Krystaldragon
LoL, thats guys analyzing it too much, i'll admit, there are quite a bit of similarity's in the elements of it that are like Lord of the rings (elves tall and fair, dwarfs live under ground,that sort of thing), but story wise, its nothing like LOTR, although I don't know if it is like any of the other books he mentioned as i've never read them, and I don't really see how it is like star wars...but OK... I am glad people don't all agree, if we all agreed things would be boring. I really liked Eragon myself, and I am finding it hard to put Eldest down either, the only way to know if yah like it is to read it! hahaha I must be boird today....bye every1!

when I was reading Eldest, I almost never did my homework because I was always reading it. I think Arya, Nasuada, Katrina, and Trianna are hot. wink

Krystaldragon
That is what he ment by Star Wars....even is Erogon is not his nephew. I do not know where he came up with that. confused heehee, I didn't see that part, oh well, I guess its a bit like Star Wars haha. but lukes not his nephew either though........

Krystaldragon
Originally posted by BartmanX
when I was reading Eldest, I almost never did my homework because I was always reading it. I think Arya, Nasuada, Katrina, and Trianna are hot. wink
LoL fox

Movie_Geek_
Originally posted by BartmanX

laughing out loud I was reading it class and not listening to the lesson a lot. A couple of my teachers even said I was not allowed to bring books to class! I never thought I would hear a teacher say that.

MerMorgan02
I don't trust Trianna. sad she's up 2 somethin', especially since she want's 2 b all highandmighty when it comes 2 magic. she could b easily swayed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>