simpsons mock prequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I saw an episode of the simpsons where they were totally dissing the prequels. Any of you guys seen it? I thought it was semi funny, it was like beating on a dead horse. The simpsons used to be clever than that.

That now makes it 3 times I have seen a comedy show bashing Lucas.

1. The simpsons
2. South Park
3. Mad tv

Maybe I'm just a fanboy, but everytime it is just not that funny.

Sadako of Girth
What did they do on the Simpsons... What happened..? I haven't seen that one.....

The Ones
i havnt either (unless it was the one with mark hammil but that aint dissing the prequels...)

OB1-adobe
I'm not sure when this episode came out, I think after TPM came out.
I only saw it once, so I'll try to explain as best as I can.
Basically there is the big hype of the long awaited "Cosmic wars" movie.

Then they go in, and the movie starts. The opening crawl comes up and it is like 5 paragraphs about trade tariffs and legislature, then the whole movie takes place in the senate where palpatine reads off the names planet by planet about their rights, or something.

Then bart and Lisa are pissed so they go up to sky walker ranch to *****, and the also take a tour. They made lucas like 3 feet tall, and they basically mocked him (I forget what they said).
When they are on tour they go to the creature shop, and every body gets all excited.

Then when they get there it is just a guy in a CG motion capture suit standing in front of green screen and every body is disapointed.

It rings true a lot (mainly about TPM crawl which was odd at the time), but I never found these bashing lucas/SW things that funny.

Basically because there is really nothing funny about it. It is just a guy writing and making movies just like everybody else. So when they bash about it, its almost like they have nothing to make fun of.

The Inkeeper
laughing
And the huge imperial walker thing smashed the building down, and bart and Lisa get excited, and it just starts talking about trading too no expression

amity75
I hate the bashing of the prequels but the simpsons can be forgiven because the creators are huge star wars fans and, unlike most other bashing attempts by other people, that episode of the simpsons WAS pretty funny.

obi_wans_beard
The Simpsons used to be a fantastic show so witty, fresh and original. Unfortunately that was nearly ten years ago, the show that is now shown bears no resemblance to the one that I used to watch and love.

It's also ironic how they try and mock George when they should have used themselves for a true example of a masterpiece that has become a piece of shit!

ickeris2003
lol, I remember that simpson episode. lisa and bart are all bored and falling asleep then all of a sudden theirs some action but it ends quickly. its hilarious. and also the part of the simpsons not being funny anymore. its true!! they have been on air to much time know. this yr should be their last season. goodbye to them and hello to the new season of family guy smokin'

The Ones
your wrong. there making season 18. (season 16 is showing now)

LanİeWindu™
I love when shows diss Star Wars. It's just too damn funny. Like when Triumph the insult comic dog made fun of the fans waiting in line for AOTC.

The Ones
like on south park when they see ROTJ: anouncer before ROTJ special edition shows in cinemas-"the word jedi has been changed to turd and the entire cast has been digitaly replaced by ewoks"

laughing

LanİeWindu™
laughing out loud

I loved that episode!!! It was very true in a way, they shouldn't keep "fixing" these classic films.

Unlike South Park, I say that these movies were made by these guys in the first place, if they want to change them let them do it.

The Ones
yup.

atila the great
Originally posted by obi_wans_beard
The Simpsons used to be a fantastic show so witty, fresh and original. Unfortunately that was nearly ten years ago, the show that is now shown bears no resemblance to the one that I used to watch and love.

i know, the simpsons have now like one good episode for each season, and south park is right next to that "all gone to flucking hell". this 9th season is just boring as hell. i hate when generation x dudes turn 35 and forget what funny stuff like cartman killing some bully's parents is all about

matreid
And there's the one bashing AOTC and the TPM. Lenny and Karl are lightsaber dueling over an arguement of which movie sucked more... stick out tongue

Darth Jello
that episode was just lame, especially since i liked the political intrigue in the prequals. The original creators/best storyboard artists (matt groening, bill oakly, Josh Weinstein) have had absolutely nothing to do with the simpsons since 1994 and it really shows.
As for south park...well, it's still funny, Matt and Trey's movies are funny, but the two are an example of a unique breed of cowardly, hypocritical ******* that one can only find in colorado (trust me, i lived next door to one at CU last semester).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.