In your opinion....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
...is rap music?

Im_Fuzzy
just alot of cussing noise and people braging about how much money they got or how many prostitutes they can get

iluvpippin
yeah! thats why i like 2pac coz he sings about important stuff like rasism! and i looove puff daddy!

steely balls
the crappy ones yes, if you want good rap music you need to look for it because it is out there.

iluvpippin
big grin true!

MC Mike
I agree. Good Rap is harder to find, but worth the search. big grin

shortieSarah07
i like some rap..but not all of it..

BLACKANGEL
some raps r o.k

Fëanor
in a word...no

my opinion

HockeyHorror
rap no.

underground rap YES!

Lord Soth
No. I'll tell you what rap is (and I mean modern rap. I don't really know or care about the old stuff): It's a really lame track playing over and over again while a guy talks about his drugs and his girls and whatever the f**k he can come up with. It's never funny, it's never cool, and it certainly isn't music

iluvpippin
exactly! i hate all the new stuff about the guys being pimps and playaz! but i luv the old stuff like 2pac! *drool!*

lil bitchiness
Wrong forum.

badkittykitty
yep sorry moving

JKozzy
Hear hear. beer

JKozzy
Sorry embarrasment

total metalhead
in many respects, you are right. almost all mainstream rap is just a simple cash in on other people's success. talented rappers like Tupac and Mobb Deep made rap big. they're lyrics told of their experiences with street violence and drugs and what not, but where not used to boast about themselves. modern artists just believe that if they spit about guns and girls then they are automatically 'rappers'. personally, i class people like 50 Cent, Chingy and Obie Trice as 'bullshitters'. they have little or no talent, and are just cashing in on other people's ideas.

HOWEVER, to say all modern rap is like that would be very wrong. non-rap fans may not know, but rap has several sub-genres as well. what you were talking about was gansta/mainstream rap, which (with a few exceptions) sucks penis. underground rap however, is a totally different story. i have to say that artists like Ras Kass and Cunninglynguists have produced some of the most intelligent and powerful lyrics i have ever come across. just ask hockeyhorror to post some examples, and you will change your minds completely.

saying all rap is mindless and repetitive is a prejudice. granted true, quality, intelligent rappers are a rare breed, but that doesnt mean they dont exist. its just another example of the modern music industry's shortcomings that assholes like G-Unit and P Diddy are rich and famous, while giving truly talented individuals like Immortal Technique and Chino XL a bad name.

sorry to b!ich on like that but i feel too many people on this forum trash rap when they really dont know much about it. im not saying i do, i just feel strongly about this kind of thing.

HockeyHorror
good job TM. smile

mikeysgothicgur
I don't care much about the noise and swearing, it's just I hate rap. It's like talking almost with alot of ryming, if you really tried anyone could do it. The only rappers I like is Eminem and 50 Cent. I can relate to what Eminems says in his songs and when you have to sit and listen to 50 Cent almost 24/7 he starts to grow on you. I only like his music though, not him as a person.

HockeyHorror
thats the kind of rap thats sucks^

eminem and 50 cent.

em is alright but 50 cent really sucks. really really sucks. he's actually a disgrace to hip hop/rap.

listen to Mf Doom, Ras Kass, Chino XL etc etc

then come back and say something

laughing out loud

VilleValo462
i like old school rap ... not this new shit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.