Good books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
I am going to the bookstore today. What are some good books that you suggest I should consider?

T.M
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f67/

Time Of Evil
Book section. erm

Baylin
Well in my experience as an accomplished reader good books are generally the ones that have lots of words in, and really good books have pictures too! wink

But just watch out for those telephone books - lots or characters but the plots always a bit thin! confused

Corran
You're talking about playboy or the really good one the Karma sutra, aren;t you?

Clovie
i thoguht is is kamasutra, not kaRma sutra confused

Spooony
Catcher in the Rye is always good, i like some of Prachett's work, and well, if you are up for a challenge then some Shakespeare's work is quite good, some of his stuff is pretty funny if you can work it out

Spooony
Hahahahahah

Baylin
yes

Now can I have it back please, with out the pages stuck together this time! mad

Time Of Evil
I've just read Macbeth and it was sh!te!

Spooony
yeah but merchant of venice is good

Raz

taft
Introduction to Unix is a good one .......... jk

jaden101
i cant recommend it enough...high-rise by JG Ballard...its short...easy to read...totally mad...and brilliantly written...

Trickster
Steven Erikson stuff, if you're into fantasy. Shakespeare, if you're up for the language.

Some thriller if no. Alastair MacLean is pretty good.

a1hsauce
i hated catcher in the rye... that book is soo decieving... i thought it was a book about baseball, it ended up being about some nut

Trickster
It was a pretty good book...

How did you think it was about baseball?!

Reckoning
Pick up any title by William Faulkner; that is, if you're up to the task of reading his work.

Jackie Malfoy
There is alot of books I can name.There is "Brave New World" "Of mice or man" and "1984" and "Girl Interupted" all great books!JMbook_candle

DCLXVI
Labyrinth of Evil,
by James Luceno - if you like Star Wars

Filmmaker451
Originally posted by Trickster
It was a pretty good book...

How did you think it was about baseball?!

The CATCHER in the rye... Now understand? smile

--------------------

I'd recommend you get philosophical and check out the htichhiker series. Or if your in the mood for a good mystery thriller then the da vinci code and it's prelude, angels & demons are very good books. And about comics I never really read any but i saw some reviewes on amazon and many tend to like sin city, batman, v for vendetta, watchmen and swamp thing. They also like the dark tower series if you like stephen king cool

§P0oONY
Wow, that has gotta be one of the worst assumptions ever

A Fantástica
"Le Mille et Une Nuits" - Antoine Galland... is the best book i have ever bought...you should try!

knight
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/kinkukt.jpg
DAVE DAVIES - KiNK An Autobiography

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

Dreampanther
Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth series, especially the first three
Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time series, though I got bored after book 7
Peter F Hamilton - Naked God trilogy
Vernor Vinge - Absolutely anything
Neil Gaiman - Everything, especially Sandman series
Roger Zelazny - Anything, especially Amber series
David Gemmell - This man is the best living British author of fantasy. I kid you not. I have read almost everything he has written to pieces
David Eddings - All his series
Orson Scott Card - Ender series and Alvin Maker
Stephen King - Dark Tower series
Frank Herbert - Dune series
Stephen Donaldson - Thomas Covenant series
Terry Prattchett - Duh!

And that's just my fantasy selection I can think of right now. . .

zmckee
I recommend Dan Brown books. THe Da Vinci Code, Angels and demons, Digital fortress, or deception point.

orlandoOYEA
The Lovely Bones...good book.

el_barto
I really enjoy Michail Crichton's books

idowhatiamtold
I am looking for a good new book. I have heard of some books that are top rated: A New Earth and Love In The Time Of Cholera but I have not picked them up. Any reviews on these two or any other books I should get?

botankus
'Bating for Dummies is a great read on the sh!tter.

Strangelove
Book Discussion Forum

ragesRemorse
screwtape letters

Kinneary
Stephen King's It.

brightlights
If you want good novels then you should choose Jodi Picoult, I have read a lot of good books by her such as The Pact, My Sister's Keeper, and The 10th Circle. Also the 10th Circle is coming out as a movie on Lifetime very soon. Im excited for that because it was a great book!

brightlights

justdecent
I actually read a few Jodi books and loved them, does anyone know any specifics about the 10th circle movie coming out?

bigloss75
Originally posted by justdecent
I actually read a few Jodi books and loved them, does anyone know any specifics about the 10th circle movie coming out?

Even the title of it makes you relaly think. i'm hoping the movie lives up to the book. i'm going to be camping all weekend (which i'm so excited about!!!) so i'm going to tape it. Saturday night at 9!!

GrillingNemo
I was out camping as well this weekend! Unfortunately my tivo didn't work so now I have to rely on catching a re-run!

Jbill311
Please, PLEASE read Ender's Game. It should be required reading to live past the 18th birthday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.