Who is the best Video Game character of all time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DracotheDragon
I can't believe people havn't made this topic yet, so Im starting it. I stand by my fav character from any video game, LINK! Happy Dance

Lord_Andres
The Doom guy cool

Linkalicious
sooooo Link

Darth Jello
I agree with link but just to be the under dog, I'll say Pit and Stanley the Bugman

Lord_Andres
hell the Doom guy could take'em all down like shit

SaTsuJiN
Samus Aran can pwn all of them. She eats demons from outer space for breakfast

Lord_Andres
so dose the Doom guy http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/eat.gif

PUNISHER2000
What are you guys crazy. You gotta go with the best so far, and that has to be Master Chief. Halo.... Or if you want to go old school then Ryu and Ken. Lets see you guys try and beat that

SilverFighter
^
Master Chief is one of the best. But Ryu and Ken woulnd't stand a chance agains't SubZero and Scorpio.

Lord_Andres
hahaha thats the tone SilverFighter and Noobsaibot and Rayden oh boy, kick that halo guy and all the street fighter guys in a sec

Linkalicious
I love halo to death, but Master Chief kinda blows. He's go no dialogue and no "special" moves. He's just the main character in a fabulous game. You could really put anyone in that game and it woulda been great. And i know this will cause controversy but IMO Ken n Ryu would pwn Subzero n Scorpion.

SilverFighter
Lord Andres>Yeah Rayden is awesome but Master Chief Mjolnir armor can resist electric shocks.

Linkalicious> Ken might not be able to block SubZero's fatalities. Ryu maybe but not Ken.

Lord_Andres
but noobsaibot would finish them all

SilverFighter
Yeah thats true Noob Saibot does have better combos and shadow tosses. I don't think no one could beat his teleport slam.

venomfan
master chief lacks personality, Ken was a mad man, i always used him, venom,Blackhart in marvel vs capcom 2. and any other fighting he was in

Crash Overload
My Favorit? Roger Wilco!!! (Space Quest 1 - 6)

But the Hottest Would HAve To Be Rikku. Or Lara Croft.... nah Rikku... BY FAR

PUNISHER2000
Are you guys for real. C'mon with Master chief I could get in a Scorpion Tank and Kick all those wanna be's butt. Not saying that Mortal Kombat is good just that Halo would Destroy them all. Rayden please. One Rocket Launcher and he's done. God or not. Scorpion... One swift knock in the back of the head and he's going sleepy time. Sub zero. Would work great to somebody who gets cold. Not like Master Chief and his armor aren't winterized. hahahahah

Lord_Andres
ya well you gorgot the Doom Guy, he alone could take Master Chief and the halo dude and all who would come in his way

venomfan
technically they are the same guy, and cable was in marvel vs capcom 2 and he would turn Master chief into jelly with the viper gun

PUNISHER2000
rolling on floor laughing you guys got me rollin ahahhahahah Doom guy please. He can barely do some demons. Cable was nothing compared to Cyclops and Wolverine combo.

Mario from super mario bros hands down...

and then Master Chief, then kilik from soul calibur II

el_barto
im going with DANTE!

Darth Jello
Link all the way, oh and Geno

glenn
Jill Valentine

Lord_Andres
well PUNISHER2000 thats only because you suck at Doom laughing

PUNISHER2000
YOU Serious. I flipped Doom like in the first 3 days. You are probably still playing it. Slow poke.

wicker_man
Actually there was a thread similar to this one created when this particular forum section was first implemented the orginal thread can be found here :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16014&highlight=Character

total metalhead
rock Dante kicks ass. also Ryu from Streetfighter, Johnny Cage from MK, Nightmare from Soul Calibur, Lazarus from Ghost Hunter, Ma Chao from Dynasty Warriors 3/4 and Tommy from GTA Vice City.

PUNISHER2000
I am telling you Master Chief is the bomb. Duke Nuke'em doesn't have a chance. Now this is for the new era. But oldies hmmmmmmm I really like Sonic and Mario Bros. But I think I am gonna go even further back ... Y'know Atari days and go with combat. ahhahahahha Just kidding I am going with Mario just cuz I used to play him in the Arcade, and with Donkey Kong

LordMortis
Either Sephiroth from FFVII of Dante from DMC

impossibleeddie
I've got the best Video Game Charater ever......, One that will defy all other and leave them in his wake of destruction, rape and wrath. The Space Harrier. Take that Halo fans..........

Linkalicious
i thought thumbnails were supposed to Enlarge when u clicked them....lol who's the ant boy

sith_darth_jay
link is ok, but

solid snake, that guy kicks ass

and tommy vercetty too

rikkuhttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/naughty.gif

DracotheDragon
The doom guy could would wipe everyone but Link all over the floor and back!

'Vegeta'
Hey I was wondering who you all think is the best Video game character EVER! I think it would be Solid Snake, he is really smart when it comes to a last minute disision and is very resourceful. He will hide under a box if he needs to climb in vents well thats who i think at least!

§pearhead
Raziel ninja

or King Koopa stick out tongue

R@ven
Sir Daniel Fortesqu lol big grin

no really, James Bond ---

MasterWizard
Ding Chavez from Rainbow 6

JKozzy
Wakka stick out tongue

bardock
solid snake or tommy vercetti tie

Lord Ryugen
Take a look at my sig to see who I think.

TheOne101
i agree man i like tommy and snake a LOT but sephiroth takes the cake on this one. in terms of his coolness factor. i mean look at him he is one bad mofo.

Montross
No, its Darth Vader from Super Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back.

TheOne101
lol "Luke....I AM your father!" "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" lol gotta love it

SeptemberRain
Link

wuTa
lil mac from tysons punch out

Arachnoidfreak
Michael Jackson from Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 shifty laughing

Ernesto
You console-lovers need a life. Badly. You go off sprouting "Link? Sex God." or "Mario? Sex God." but with no reasoning to back it up. Please, for God's sake, back up what you say with some information!

Now the Doom Marine did kick ass simply because there's very little plot to expand on. All hell breaks loose, what's a brother to do besides saving his ass? The same applies to Gordon Freeman of Half-Life fame.

Halo's Master-Chief is the Steven Segall of first-person shooters. Sure he looks bleepin' awesome and he eats Covenent for breakfast then asks for seconds. What then? He's just a grunt who never hit on Cortana.

Planescape: Torment's Morte is the number one side-kick of all time. Being a trash-talking floating skull who's always looking to get some, he accompanies The Nameless One offering classic advice. I'm gonna have to start playing PS:T again...

Montross
Master Chief.....

BlackHatDefect
OHH Lemina from Lunar 2!!SHES SO KAWAIII!!!

archangel_I_am
ok i have three.... sephiroth(odviously if you read in the ff7 sections).... link (what a badass!!)..... this is a little weird but.....ness....uyes i know but man seriously..... WE MUST SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE EVIL GYGAS!!

LordRevan
Master Chief and James Bond aka oo7

TheOne101
"Halo's Master-Chief is the Steven Segall of first-person shooters. Sure he looks bleepin' awesome and he eats Covenent for breakfast then asks for seconds. What then? He's just a grunt who never hit on Cortana."
wow dude you give us all thatcrap on backing it up when you are in fact an idiot. cortana is A.I you stupid mother *****. yea you know artificial intelligence...SHE ISNT REAL! if you want my back up on MC go here
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23252&perpage=20&pagenumber=5\
or here read it all that i posted on MC you whore. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23252&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

TheOne101
damn dude poeple goin and talkkin shyt about MC pisses me off because they are ignorant little bastards who want to make love to their char cuz oh they are soo awsome oh man MC couldnt do that blah blah blah

Lord Ryugen
Dante and Seph...always Seph

TheOne101
lol yea seph is cool. dont mean to sound gay or anything but his hair is tight. and that sword

archangel_I_am
i think weve all said that

TheOne101
klol dudde i love your sig man vash and seph very nice. both also have cool hair and vash's glasses are sweet too.

Lord Ryugen
So what do you below your Siggy? what woul happen if Seph and Vash went mano el mano Archangel?

archangel_I_am
seph would win after a sever long fight and hed be hurt but hed still win
oh and thanks the one i love it to. my point being that vash would whip out that giant gun arm that he blew a hole in the moon with but that woulnt kill sephiroth only hurt him severely and the sephiroth would call meteor on vashs a$$ and hed win

Master Revan
Who are you talking to? because if are I think Cortana i pretty dame good too!

Master Revan
Why so much people dislike HALO?thats kind of sad sad

TheOne101
i was talking to ernesto. the one that gives ontario a bad name. and it is sad they dont know what they are missing.

Master Revan
Yea it is.

TheOne101
have you seen the halo 2 thread dude holy crap those guys are pissing me off.

SaTsuJiN
how about the double gambit team in SF vs Marvel Super heroes?
double royal flush 100+ hits pwned

anyways, samus pwnz all.. so :P and a chick to boot

FRO§T
my fav is Sepiroth from Kingdom Hearts

VENOMfan
Marcellus
Gogandantes
Bowser
Solid Snake
Grey Fox
Nightmare
Sephiroth
Reno
Iori
Dante but thats a given
Link
Spiderman
Venom
Blackheart
Kage Maru
Hotsuma
Auron
the Hunters
and the rest of the covenant

the Flood blew. I wanted the covenant to shred them up

and sorry but people can dislike character's. whinning will not change there opinions

lot's of pople on this site hate Sephiroth*I do not* and bash him. but are Seph fans losing sleep over it? no

BlackMamBA
I say kirby cuz he'll suck all of them up and eat them and then use their abilitys!!now beat that! laughing

Master Revan
well you got me there he could do that.

MudvanneJessy
i say tommy versti. he is ruthless.

TrAnCeDuO
i would have to say yugo and long from bloody roar primal fury....their fighting styles are similar to mine...

agentsmith114
mario. hes the most known

Master Revan
as fighting characters in fighting games is scorpion his alternate costume with his flaming skull is great.

'Vegeta'
Snake for president!

eleveninches
Best Video Game Characters:

1.Link
2.Sonic
3.Mario
4.PacMan smile
5.Lara
6.Solid Snake
7.Kain
8.Master Chief
9.Shin Akuma
10.Samus

Hyper Sonic
sonic rules cos he can beat anyone hes very fast goes speed of sound speed adds power dony need weapons like the other ******* he can turn into hyper sonic who is invincable goes speed of light anything that touches him will b destroyed hyper sonic and super sonic was way more powerful on the megadrive/genesis beat that so wot ever any one does it will hurt them more cos hyper sonic dont die or fill pain

Hyper Sonic
all sonic character will win sonic shadow tails and knuckles anyway

BackFire
Kefka

ÞÁØlå
Lara Croft

Hyper Sonic
hyper sonic will still kill all of them nothing can beat him

SpiderGurl
LINK

Lord Ryugen
I'm tempted to say Sephiroth but he killed Aerith so Dante from DMC gets my vote

Predator 89
1.Gordon Freeman Half-life
2.Solid Snake Metal gear solid
3.Master chief Halo

Hyper Sonic
They dont stand a chance against sonic even solid snake is cool

Gory Game Lover
Tsk,tsk,tsk.Red would whoop that sonic n00b in the @#$

Gory Game Lover
Red is an immortal.Hyper Sonic,that white guy,on the other hand isn't.
Red can punch open a kevlar wall three meters thick.I am not lying.
He has done it easily before.

DracotheDragon
Link, still link....

ssj4goku
i agree with lord ryugen sephiroth was the baddest MFER and can take on anyone that stepped in his path except cloud but that was because cloud was stronger than him so in my opinion cloud is the best
CLOUD STRIFE

Elektra_lover
Sora droolio

Gory Game Lover
What do you mean?!Oh,I see.You guys have never played Red.He would whoop all your guys.

BlackMamBA
samenoske from onimusha i might have spell the name wrong.

WarSpawn
Dante from Devil May Cry. cool

SaTsuJiN
Kilik from soul calibur.. he practically trained Neo for the burly brawl :P

Robo-Chocobo
lol...nice comment...

MASTER CHIEF!!! he isnt earth's hero...he's it's savior.

ScarFace Clone
Master Chief.........thumb down

JRatT12
Cid and all his many forms for the final fantasy games. He is always the coolest character (cid from ff7 was the best...i think)

Elektra_lover
SORA!! droolio

§pearhead
hmm, my favorites (in no order)

Raziel (Soul Reaver)
Roadkill (Twisted Metal 1, 2, and Black)
Spectre (same games as Roadkill)
James Raynor, Arcturus Mengsk, Artanis, and Daggoth from Starcraft/Brood War
Jak (from Jak 2...I don't like him in the first one)
King Koopa/Bowser
Dingodile (Crash Bandicoot)
Hash'ah'gik (Legacy of Kain)

I can't think of anymore...except the Lightning Demons from LoK, but they don't have a specific identity really.

Lord Ryugen
Technically Cloud was only stronger because Seph was substantially weakened by Aeriths prayer. Its hard to figure out since no one screams out that Seph suddenly lost half his power but notice that at the start of the fight Seph paralyses everyone without effort its only when the prayer comes into effect that you break free and attack so he must of been weakened. But since Seph did a twatty thing in killing Aerith Dante gets the vote

DracotheDragon
STILL LINK!!!!!

Lord Ryugen
DANTE!

Elektra_lover
SORA!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Ryugen
EVERYONES SPEAKING IN CAPS!

DracotheDragon
REALLY???? I DIDN'T SEE THAT!!!! I STILL SAY LINK!!!!! LOL laughing out loud

Lord Ryugen
HARD TO NOTICE HUH? DANTE!

Elektra_lover
SORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quendiñoldo
Master Chief/John, Halo and Halo 2.....shifty

Fearnix
D from Vampire Hunter D

Sieg Wahrheit
*points to the guy on his signature*
Sweet...

Lord Ryugen
Aww, the caps war's ended. Dante for best though!

Elektra_lover
SORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr_Famous
Garrett from Thief 1, 2 and 3

zoneofbologna
yeah but did sombody fail to mention smoke or scorpian from mortal kaombat????
huh huh
yeah thats what i thought with all their cool special moves and the fatalities
CHYA!

koolruningz
Bloodrayne for obvious reasons. I also like Sam Fisher because hes more realistic.

greyboy
Solid Snake - Metal Gear
Drizzt - Demon Stone
Wario - Mario Kart
Sonic - Sonic The Hedghog

DracotheDragon
WHO SAID THE CAPS WAR HAD TO END???? LIIIINNNNNKKK!!!!!!!!!

((The_Anomaly))
LOL! Master Chief...gimme a break, he sucks ass, i mean, its a good game and all, but what a horrible character...Samus would beat the hell outta Master Chief, and hand him his ass on a plate, its gotta be samus..this is not including Link, because he's in his own League of his own, no one can compare to the Hero of Time, hes the best no doubt at all, but since u cant really compare him to anyone, then samus is the best of the compareable people, without a doubt..

Elektra_lover
SORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Ryugen
CAPS WAR!!!! DANTE!!!

eleveninches
1. Master Chief (Halo)
2. Conker (Conkers Bad Fur Day)
3.Link (Zelda
4. Mario (mario bros)
5. Sonic (sonic games)
6. Solid Snake
7. Kain (legacy of Kain)
8. Ash (pokemon)
9. You (doom)
10. Samus Aran
11. Goro (mortal Kombat)
12. Shin Akuma (Steet Fighter)
13. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
14. Bowser (mario)
15. Kilik (soul calibur)

dark1365
1.Master Chief(Halo series)
2.Nightmare(Soul Calibur)
3.Chris Redfield(Resident Evil)
4.Ding Chavez(Rainbow Six)
5.Scorpion(Mortal Kombat)
6.Archimonde(Warcraft III)
7.Gimli(Lord of the Rings)
8.Necromancer(Diablo)
9.Samus Aran(Metroid)
10.DK(Super Smash Melee)

Linkalicious
how the hell is master chief #1 on anyone's list???

He doesn't have any personality, and barely has a voice...

Elektra_lover
SORA!!

Samurai Guy
I would have to say either Cid Highwind from FF7 (Funny as hell) or Sabin from FF3 (Tough as Nails)

Elektra_lover
SORA!!!!

Darth Surgent
For some reason, I keep finding myself in perfect agreement with Link recently. It's.... almost disturbing... stick out tongue

Sun Ce
I dunno who the bestst is since i have never played all the video games stick out tongue, but so far the bestest villian would be "Liquid Snake" and the bestest hero would be "Snake" big grin, geez hmm i was thinking abotu that hero then, well MGS has a ring to it that makes the characters so realistic happy

dark1365
To answer your question Link....have you read the Halo novels? He's definitely much more than just a guy in a suit of armor, with a gun.

Lord Ryugen
DANTE!!

HarmonicFlo88
1. Liquid Snake
2. Solid Snake
3. Gordon Freeman
4. Liu Kang
5. Duke Nukem : blow it out your ass!

Havoc470
1.bard (the Bard's tale)
2. master chief
3.solid snake

i prefer not knowing anything about master chief, just some random guy in a suit who's kick ass is fine with me, i see him as the spartan that was called to save the world, no need for me to see his backstory

Havoc470
i really didn't think anyone liked any characters from ff3 let alone played it, you're the man

Joker1237
Johnny Cage was cool. He is my all time favor video game fighter,

Putting him over guys like Ken, Ryu, Subzero ete.

nick1811
1. Yoshimitsu (tekken)
2. Dante (devil may cry)
3. CJ (GTA San Andreas)

ChickinMeat
im tired, so only one comes to my mind at the moment, and thats J.C Denton

ScarFace Clone
Carl Johnson....

Havoc470
why is cj so cool? i think the character from GTA3 was ownage, especially shooting that girl that took her through all the trouble at the end, that was awesome

Morgoths_Wrath
Super Mario, best video game superhero of all time.

Anyone remember Kefka from FF3?? He was the best villain in any video game ever!

Havoc470
damn right, kefka is the best villain i've ever seen in a videogame, putting posion in the river and taking down a whole castle...devilishly brilliant

_Matrix_Neo_1_
I thought you liked Zelda linkalosious...wink

Everyone going with Link.
I love Link too, he's great but...I don't know, I can't have just one best character, I have to have two, I HAVE TO!

The other character is better and Link is better than him in some ways, they're better than each other in different ways.....other character...is SONIC! I loved Sonic before Zelda, way before Zelda (Zelda...2 years, Sonic...about 8-9 years)

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Main characters:
1. Sonic
2. Link (Zelda games)
3. Jak (Jak 2: Renegade)
4. Crash
5. Fox McCloud
6. Kirby
7. Mario
8. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
9. Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank games)
10. Spyro

I don't really know what order, I think that above but I'm only thinking quickly...

UTB_Amon
oh, come on, everybody knows Samus Aran is the best, closely followed by Link, and what is this about the Doom guy, he is just some random unlucky marine, probably never gets called anything except: "HEY, marine", or something like that

dark1365
She is good, except the Master Chief is more hardcore. I mean, come on, he smashes his enemie's faces in with the butt of his gun sometimes. The only time i seen Samus do that is in Super Smash Melee. And her powers, well, have a cartoony feel.

DanZeke25
Carl Johnson

Elektra_lover
Oh I forgot Sydney Bristow in Alias

ragesRemorse
RUNE the viking warlord.

Lord Ryugen
Me list.
1.Dante (Devil May Cry)
2.Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
3.Link (Legend Of Zelda)
4.Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
5.Samus Aran (Metroid)
6.Squall Leonheart (Final Fantasy VIII)
7.Fayt Leingod (Star Ocean Till The End of Time)
8. Master Chief (Halo)
9.Ryu (Street Fighter)
10.Kilik (Soul Caliber 2)

Phoenix Aska
Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho the dark tournament...the game wasn't good but Hiei kicks ass!!!

UTB_Amon
ahh, yes, Hiei is a god one, but he is best in the Yu Yu Hakusho Anime/manga, that's where he is at his best
and Master Chief, who the f**k is he, never even heard of him, what game is he in??

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>