Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 1) - Marvel Division, Slots 1-4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Welcome comic fans to the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament! Come cheer on 32 of the best martial artists from the Marvel and DC universes as they compete for the title of Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion! The tournament will be held in Madison Square Garden. Will YOUR favorite fighter be crowned the best? It's up to you and the rest of the fans' votes in the polls!

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow multiple selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each fight. I will finalize the results for each round when enough votes have been gathered.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNDER THE CHAMPION!

Since their are 16 Marvel fighters and the polls allow a maximum of 10 choices, here are the Slot 1-4 battles

1. Psylocke vs Black Cat - Because Black Cat has the Super Soldier Serum in her, Psylocke will be allowed to use her psychic abilities to augment ONLY her STRENGTH to be able to compete w/ Black Cat

2. Domino vs Elektra - Domino is capable of controlling her psionic "good luck" ability, thus she is not allowed to use it during this fight.

3. Black Widow vs Lady Deathstrike - Lady Deathstrike version is before Mojo gave her her implants

4. Punisher vs Temugin - Temugin CANNOT use his 10 rings

***All fights were chosen by random drawing

azndrgn
Tell your friends. Keep it going! AAAGGHH!

azndrgn
Temugin is slaughtering Punisher

azndrgn
as it should be, haha

Kento
I never really thought Punisher as much of a HTH fighter anyways soo *laughs*

azndrgn
Nah man, he's really good in my opinion. It's just unfortunate he got matched against Temugin cuz no way Punisher can keep up w/ Temugin's finesse & speed

azndrgn
Yall need to check out the closeness of Marvel, 5-8

Kento
He might be good but I just don't see him as one. I don't know thinking of Frank Castle I get the pictures of guns, and junk of the sort not HTH fighting.

azndrgn
I think most of us do. Either way, I see Temugin actually makin' the PUNISHER say, "I give up"

Kento
*laughs* That's a sight to see

azndrgn
And he makes Punisher cry like a baby

Kento
rofl Punisher crying like a baby....theres something I thought I'd never hear.

azndrgn
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED SO FAR ON THIS THREAD! SPREAD THE WORD! rock

azndrgn
Wow, haha, someone finally voted for Punisher

azndrgn
If this tournament existed in real life, the fight I'd like to see most from this group would be Punisher vs Temugin. Probably wouldn't last too long cuz Temugin is too lightning fast for Punisher to counter

azndrgn
Hmm, I pretty much agree with the vote leaders so far. Any comments?

demigawd
Nah, this bracket is pretty straight-forward. And probably the least interesting, at least to me.

azndrgn
Eh, it happens in all kinds of competitions. Temugin could technically sweep through this group to meet the last fighter outta Slots 5-8

demigawd
Yeah, that's why it's the least interesting. I mean, I'm not saying it like it's BAD, or you did something WRONG. They're random drawings...it just turned out that way.

Scoobless
black cat only has super soldier serum in the spider-man cartoon...... i'm pretty sure her enhanced strength comes from a suit the tinkerer made her...... along with the earing things he gave her to improve her balance, the claw gloves and the contact lenses that let her see in the dark and focus on things farther than normally possible, her fighting skills are all her own though

Scoobless
is temugin the new mandarin guy from the iron man comics? if he is then the only people here who could even slow him down would be elektra and psylocke

azndrgn
Thanks for the correction. But I think Psylocke would still win over Black Cat anyways. At least thatwould be my vote

azndrgn
Yeah, Temugin is the old Mandarin's son and was given his 10 rings. That's why I have to allow/prohibit the use of the rings in certain fights

azndrgn
He's pretty damn good w/out them anyways

azndrgn
He really lucks out by having been randomly drawn into Slots 1-4 w/ the girls

Scoobless
well as he beat Iron Man without using his rings i gotta go with him........ even though i think that fight was complete bull**** he does have a ton of skill

azndrgn
It would've been nice if a random slot group was drawn containing Iron Fist, Shang Chi and Temugin. It'd be like the Western Conference in the NBA

azndrgn
ATTENTION ALL FANS WHO HAVE YET TO VOTE ON THIS POLL AND PLAN ON DOING SO. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE 1ST POST IN THIS THREAD. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE MULTIPLE SELECTIONS IN THE POLL, SO SELECT THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT THAT WAS LAID OUT IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD! DO NOT SELECT WHO YOU THINK IS THE BEST FIGHTER OUT OF THE ENTIRE GROUP!!! AS WRITTEN IN THE 1ST POST, THE 8 FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED AND THE 4 WINNERS WILL GO ON TO MEET THE 4 WINNERS FROM THE OTHER SLOTS WITHIN THE DIVISION. THIS IS THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF A TOURNAMENT

azndrgn
TO MAKE SURE I AM CLEAR ABOUT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO VOTE: THE POLL SHOWS 8 FIGHTERS. IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD YOU WILL SEE HOW THESE FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED. YOU ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO PICK 4 CHOICES, THE WINNERS OF EACH BATTLE

LordFear
azndrgn I thank you for finally posting my guy up/ Way to go Sorry it took me so long to get here. Frank is a dead white dude, believe that.
Temugin rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azndrgn
Yeah, I can understand how it's a bit confusing. But basically all of the fights were able to be voted on around 3 AM today

azndrgn
Yeah, Punisher can't compete w/ Temugin's finesse and lightning speed reflexes

LordFear
Should good fortune will it I wanna see Tem in the finals!!!!!

azndrgn
He basically can beat the rest of the girls in this slot group and then he has to face the winner of the slot 5-8 group. Potentially he may face Iron Fist or Shang Chi

azndrgn
Man, the losers in this group are gettin' a whoopin'

azndrgn
VOTING ON ROUND 1 WINNERS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PROCEED TO VOTING IN THE MARVEL/DC ROUND 2 THREADS I HAVE ALREADY POSTED. THANK YOU!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.