Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 1) - Marvel Division, Slots 5-8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Welcome comic fans to the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament! Come cheer on 32 of the best martial artists from the Marvel and DC universes as they compete for the title of Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion! The tournament will be held in Madison Square Garden. Will YOUR favorite fighter be crowned the best? It's up to you and the rest of the fans' votes in the polls!

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow multiple selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each fight. I will finalize the results for each round when enough votes have been gathered.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNDER THE CHAMPION!

Since their are 16 Marvel fighters and the polls allow a maximum of 10 choices, here are the Slot 5-8 battles

5. Night Thrasher vs Captain America

6. Black Panther vs Shang Chi - I have been told Panther uses an herb to augment his overall fighting ability. He CANNOT use it

7. Daredevil vs Moon Knight

8. Hawkeye vs Iron Fist - Iron Fist CANNOT summon his chi through his hands because it would give him an unfair strength and healing advantage

***All fights were chosen by random drawing

demigawd
Wait a minute - why can Captain America keep his SS serum and Panther can't keep his herb? It doesn't augment his fighting ability, it essentially improves his senses, strength, agility. Just like the serum.

azndrgn
Cap's serum is in his blood. haha, just go with it, it's been a looong night for me

demigawd
So what? That's still not fair! You should at least at a clause to state that Cap is limited to peak human, and to assume that Panther is at peak human, regardless of the herbs or serums. It's the only way to be fair.

azndrgn
well I assume you're favorin Panther and he's winning in the polls so far...You knew this wasn't going to be perfect the first time around anyways, but I'm tryin'...

Kento
Looks like Cap's winning to me.

azndrgn
wait a minute, what's w/ the cap & panther comparison anyways? They're not fighting each other yeeet...

azndrgn
Tell your friends. Keep it going! AAAGGHH!

azndrgn
Dang this is a close group so far!

Kento
By the looks of it Cap, and BP will be fighting each other next round.

azndrgn
Can some please tell me how Hawkeye is close to Iron Fist? True he was trained by Cap, but Iron Fist is Iron Fist!

Kento
Fans

azndrgn
Yuuuuup

azndrgn
Iron Fist would knock hawkeye outta off the platform for the win

Kento
This looks to be the most closest fights.

azndrgn
Yeah, quite surprised by that

Kento
lol really?

azndrgn
Man I really wanted to see Moon Knight at least get outta the 1st round. but I had to give it to DD

azndrgn
I'm just hoping that most of the voters know who everyone is or takes some time to at least find out

Kento
Hey never know MK might end up beating him out by tomorrow.

Kento
^^; I know about 4 ppl on the list, and only by name none of their abilities 'cept Cap, and Hawkeye.

azndrgn
Yeah. I would've put them under a full moon but that would've just been my bias to give MK the edge

Kento
*laughs* Well at least you decided against it to be fair.

azndrgn
I think given another day, another fight, MK could win, but I just have a gut feeling that DD would just want the title more and thus fight better. But much respect to MK who's suit is sweet

Kento
I had a few comics of him. Though I never really read them, and I lost them in the last move I did.

azndrgn
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED SO FAR ON THIS THREAD! SPREAD THE WORD! rock

azndrgn
Good lord, Black Panther and Shang Chi are tied now?! Crazyyyyy! It's gonna be interesting to see who wins this one

azndrgn
If this tournament existed in real life, the fight I'd like to see most from this group would be Daredevil vs Moon Knight. The fight b/w these 2 would be filled lightning fast dodges and acrobatics. I think there would be frequent times when both of them just back off for a second and say, "Daaaamn." The Black Panther vs Shang Chi fight I think would be more technical with a lot of blocks and counter holds.

azndrgn
Man, I wanna see some debating over Panther and Shang Chi! This fight could stir up a lot of comments

demigawd
I don't think that an unarmed, unherbed T'Challa could beat Shang Chi. I think that Panther in full Panther mode could take him fairly easily. Then again, Shang Chi did lose to Wolverine, so maybe he's not all that anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't complain about either result, but logically, the limitations placed on Panther put him at a disadvantage.

azndrgn
Yeah. I just had to place those limitations because Shang Chi's amazing fighting ability is from years of training.

azndrgn
Demigawd, I think it was you who was concerned b/w Cap & Panther. IF the 2 meet in the next round, I most likely would allow Panther to use his herbs because Cap has an overall advantage from his strength. So Panther would need something to put him on the same level w/ Cap. But again, IF they meet...which would be a sweet fight. But yeah, Shang Chi makes just as strong a case to meet Cap

Scoobless
iron fist and shang chi are probably the two best pure martial artists in all of marvel.... one of them should definately go through

azndrgn
Since my man Moon Knight looks like he's gettin booted in the 1st round, I gotta root for Iron Fist

azndrgn
Black Panther has surpringly pulled ahead of Shang Chi.

Scoobless
unarmed cap cannot take shang or iron fist........ he shouldn't be getting so many votes

azndrgn
Well he could most likely take Thrasher which is the current fight.

Scoobless
uh........... ok............. lol....... i thought we were only voting to put 1 fighter through........... i'll try to pay more attention next time

i only voted for iron fist

LordFear
this is bogus. Shang Chi is not gonna bet beat by a panther without his herbs. These fans suck.

azndrgn
ATTENTION ALL FANS WHO HAVE YET TO VOTE ON THIS POLL AND PLAN ON DOING SO. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE 1ST POST IN THIS THREAD. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE MULTIPLE SELECTIONS IN THE POLL, SO SELECT THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT THAT WAS LAID OUT IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD! DO NOT SELECT WHO YOU THINK IS THE BEST FIGHTER OUT OF THE ENTIRE GROUP!!! AS WRITTEN IN THE 1ST POST, THE 8 FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED AND THE 4 WINNERS WILL GO ON TO MEET THE 4 WINNERS FROM THE OTHER SLOTS WITHIN THE DIVISION. THIS IS THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF A TOURNAMENT

azndrgn
TO MAKE SURE I AM CLEAR ABOUT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO VOTE: THE POLL SHOWS 8 FIGHTERS. IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD YOU WILL SEE HOW THESE FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED. YOU ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO PICK 4 CHOICES, THE WINNERS OF EACH BATTLE

azndrgn
Damn you Scooba Steve! LOL, just playin'. yeah, just keep the voting system in mind for next round

azndrgn
Panther vs Shang Chi, turning out to be an awesome fight

Scoobless
interesting choice of quote cool

Scoobless
and if i had been paying attention i would have voted for shang chi, cap and DD too

azndrgn
It's all good. I think in the end it should work out

DarkDethbringer
cool idea but i was wondering how do you make a poll?

azndrgn
When you start a new thread, one of the options below the text screen asks if you want to post a poll.

Kento
BP, and SC are gonna be close...what happens in result of a tie?

azndrgn
I will most likely finalize the votes at some point in the afternoon on Sunday to allow the BP vs SC fight just enough more time to allow the outcome to be decided by the fans. However, it seems like most of the winners of the other fights have been decided by the fans since the winners are leading by a significant margin in the votes.

Kento
Ironfist, Daredevil, Cap, and whoever wins out of SC, and BP.

azndrgn
VOTING ON ROUND 1 WINNERS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PROCEED TO VOTING IN THE MARVEL/DC ROUND 2 THREADS I HAVE ALREADY POSTED. THANK YOU!

demigawd
Dammit! BP lost...all he needed was an extra day. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.