Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament (Round 1) - DC Division, Slots 1-4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

azndrgn
Welcome comic fans to the Marvel/DC Martial Arts Tournament! Come cheer on 32 of the best martial artists from the Marvel and DC universes as they compete for the title of Marvel/DC Martial Arts Champion! The tournament will be held in Madison Square Garden. Will YOUR favorite fighter be crowned the best? It's up to you and the rest of the fans' votes in the polls!

Tournament Rules (***PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN CONSIDERING THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT):
1. Fighters will battle using hand-to-hand combat ONLY.
2. Fighters are NOT allowed to use ANY artificial means of improving his/her chances of winning a fight. This includes mutant powers (energy blasts, telepathy/telekinesis, intangibilty, healing, etc.), weapons and any items capable of augmenting strength, speed, fighting ability, etc.
3. Any fights that may call for an exception to Rule #2 will be decided by myself and fully explained in the post for that fight.
4. Fighters will battle in their default costumes, thus they will not have any more armor than they regularly do.
5. The fights will take place on a raised rectangular platform that is a little less than the size of a regulation basketball court, so the fighters will have more than enough room to fight.
6. A fighter can win in 1 of 2 ways: (1) Battle until the opponent says, "I give up" (2) Knock the opponent off the platform
7. Always keep Rules 1 and 2 in mind. The tournament's purpose is to determine the character who fights best when given nothing else.
8. VOTE in the polls! The only way your favorite fighter can advance is if you vote for him/her. If you only comment, but don't vote, the poll cannot tell the difference. Also, the polls will allow multiple selections, so only vote for who you think is the winner of each fight. I will finalize the results for each round when enough votes have been gathered.

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND I HOPE YOUR FIGHTER IS CROWNED THE CHAMPION!

Since their are 16 DC fighters and the polls allow a maximum of 10 choices, here are the Slot 1-4 battles

1. Talia vs Black Canary - BC CANNOT use her scream attack

2. Batman vs Karate Kid

3. Lady Shiva vs Huntress

4. Bronze Tiger vs Richard Dragon

***All fights were chosen by random drawing

demigawd
Lord have mercy...Karate Kid is going against Batman in the first round? That probably means the best martial artist in the DC/Marvel universe is going to be bounced immediately...

azndrgn
Yeah, funny how the random drawing put them 2 together

Kento
mad I demand a redraw *laughs* Kidding kidding.

azndrgn
Haha, there's always next year...

Kento
*laughs* Sure sure

azndrgn
Tell your friends. Keep it going! AAAGGHH!

spetznaz
You should see the other one (for Marvel). Shang Chi is actually been picked off by Black Panther!

Seriously speaking, if people actually knew the characters, it would be a final between Shang Chi and Karate Kid, in which Karate Kid would win.

But knowing the fanboy system, and the fact that many people apparently do not know the characters well, the final will probably be something as ridiculous as Captain America vs DareDevil!!!!!

By the way, this is nothing against you Azndrgn. You've come up with great threads, and you have no control over how people vote. But i know for sure that the final will not be between Shang Chi and Karate Kid, but between 3rd tier characters that are better known (eg Cap A. By the way, Cap A is 3rd tier when compared to characters like Karate Kid. But few people really know about the more powerful, but lesser known, characters).

Hence you'll probably see an amazing fighter like Shiva Woosan being beaten by someone as improbable as Nightwing, the perfect Cassandra Cain being defeated by Black Cat (!!!!), the master of Marvel martial artists Shang Chi being defeated by Black Panther (which is happening as I type this, and although BP is amazing he is just NOT Shang Chi level material), and the greatest martial artist in both DC and Marvel, Karate Kid, being defeated by Captain America.
Why?
Because people just do not know the characters. For example Karate Kid, who is quite literally the best of all the characters listed, is nowhere as popular as Captain America,who everyone knows rather well. I'd not be surprised infact if some thought the Karate Kid on the list is the movie Karate Kid!!!!

But voting is voting is voting.
Democracy has its faults, but it is still better than the other alternatives.
Hence i am waiting with baited breath for a final between Shang Chi and Karate Kid, but i am pretty sure it will probably be a final between Cap America and Iron Fist (or something similar).

azndrgn
Spetznaz, I completely agree with all that you said about the voting system. I just want you to know that I truly took the time to research even SOME info about each character to make sure they were qualified enough. They are in here because of their online postrd profiles describing their fighting ability. I did not post any characters whatsoever based on popularity. And yes, the diehard fans will know the outcome that should've happened, but hey it's still all for fun. And some of these possible matchups for the 2nd round are lookin' good!

azndrgn
spetznaz...I woouuld like to see a Temugin vs KK final

azndrgn
Looks like Black Canary's gonna get owned by KK in Round 2...

azndrgn
Possible Lady Shiva vs Richard Dragon...hehe, comic flashback

Kento
Poor Bruce. He's going to loose to a guy named Karate Kid.

demigawd
No shame. Dumb name, but super-godly

azndrgn
Haha, yup. I think the true DC fans will help get KK further than people think

Kento
something bats won't ever be

azndrgn
THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS VOTED SO FAR ON THIS THREAD! SPREAD THE WORD! rock

azndrgn
Lady Shiva continues to whoop on Huntress

azndrgn
Poor, poor Batman sad

azndrgn
If this tournament existed in real life, the fight I'd like to see most from this group would be Batman vs Karate Kid. True, KK would win in real life, but I think Batman would really give it his all and go down fighting the best fight of his life. Plus, I think KK would be reluctant to win because he's fighting one of the most respected heroes of the DC universe. But KK, like everyone else, wants that title

azndrgn
AMAZING showing by Shiva. And batman's not too far behind...

demigawd
It's good to know that reason is (so far) prevailing on this board regarding the popular Batman with the deserving Karate Kid.

azndrgn
Yes, very true. I am well aware of the concerns of true DC fans on this fight

azndrgn
Looks like the votes are going the way they probably should...at least in my opinion

Superherovandal
No way Batman will beat KK. He ain't nuthin against KK.This is
KARATE KID
Base of Operations: None
Marital Status: Single
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 160
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
First Appearance: (historical) ADVENTURE COMICS #346 (July, 1966); (current) LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #64 (January, 1995)

Abandoned shortly after his birth, Val Armorr was raised by a sensei who taught him many forms of martial arts, including those with their origins on Earth, and many whose origins are lost to the mists of time and space.

Since becoming a master of these arts, Karate Kid has roamed the galaxy to study many other hand-to-hand fighting techniques and seek spiritual wholeness. Along the way, he has also learned a few weaponry skills, though he prefers to handle matters personally.

A former WorkForce member, Karate Kid joined Leland McCauley's service only to broaden his range of travel for experience. Ultimately realizing that his spirit was being corrupted by continued association with McCauley, he left the WorkForce and was quickly approved for Legion membership.

While he may very well be one of the deadliest sentients in the known galaxy (having bested even Daxamites in combat), Val is quiet and reserved, seeing the martial arts as a spiritual path rather than one of violence.

azndrgn
ATTENTION ALL FANS WHO HAVE YET TO VOTE ON THIS POLL AND PLAN ON DOING SO. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE 1ST POST IN THIS THREAD. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE MULTIPLE SELECTIONS IN THE POLL, SO SELECT THE WINNER OF EACH FIGHT THAT WAS LAID OUT IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD! DO NOT SELECT WHO YOU THINK IS THE BEST FIGHTER OUT OF THE ENTIRE GROUP!!! AS WRITTEN IN THE 1ST POST, THE 8 FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED AND THE 4 WINNERS WILL GO ON TO MEET THE 4 WINNERS FROM THE OTHER SLOTS WITHIN THE DIVISION. THIS IS THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF A TOURNAMENT

azndrgn
TO MAKE SURE I AM CLEAR ABOUT HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO VOTE: THE POLL SHOWS 8 FIGHTERS. IN THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD YOU WILL SEE HOW THESE FIGHTERS WERE PAIRED. YOU ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO PICK 4 CHOICES, THE WINNERS OF EACH BATTLE

azndrgn
Hmm, if I do another tournament it looks like I can bump Huntress off for a different female fighter cuz she's just gettin' slaughtered...

LordFear
this is ridiculous where is Temugin?
why haven't u put my boy in the fight?

azndrgn
LordFear, if you haven't gotten my personal message, Temugin is in the Slot 1-4 thread for Marvel. There are 4 threads for the tournament right now because of so many fighters

LordFear
what does that mean?
Is he coming along, when are u planning on making him compete?

LordFear
hey scratch that azndrgn I just got your message. It's cool. Sorry I jumped the gun I just came in and didn't see him and went berserk. I love that character he is hands down a wicked martial artist, just hope fans realize that

Arachnoidfreak
Oh man, KK would PWN the entire DC tournament. He better not get beat out soley from Batman's damn popularity.

azndrgn
It's all good LordFear. Yeah, because the 1st round has 32 fighters, 16 battles in each division, I split the battles for each division 8 in 1 thread and 8 in another

azndrgn
Haha, doesn't look like that's gonna happen anytime soon according to the polls

azndrgn
I think there actually have been true DC fans that know the full capability of KK and that's what has helped him gain the lead on Bat

azndrgn
Can anyone tell me about Talia? She seemed like a solid fighter from what I could find on her. But Black Canary is edging her out on the votes

azndrgn
VOTING ON ROUND 1 WINNERS WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED. PLEASE PROCEED TO VOTING IN THE MARVEL/DC ROUND 2 THREADS I HAVE ALREADY POSTED. THANK YOU!

eleveninches
Originally posted by demigawd
Lord have mercy...Karate Kid is going against Batman in the first round? That probably means the best martial artist in the DC/Marvel universe is going to be bounced immediately... Exactly. It's not right. They should have been seeded bettter to allow better fighters to advance further.
Batman v Karate Kid would have then probably been a round 2 or 3 match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.